It Started with Two Dreams

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Kristal explained the scenario that had only been sketched for them in their morning memos. There was a school in their city with a bad reputation and poor leadership. The list was the same as you hear for most inner city schools: high turn over of teachers, low attendance, high rate of problems, low scores on standardized tests. She went on to explain, "This was unusual though and they were being called in because of a recent fire in the school building burning both their library and computer lab and some classrooms resulting in high financial loss as well as cutting out important functions of the everyday running of the school. The company is donated money to cover costs for purchasing everything that is needed but your job is to spend the money as wisely as possible, see that it is put into place and can function without your help, and justify all expenditures."

David understood his role better now, and saw that he had been pulled in for his expertise in computers and networking. That angle would be easy for him. Making them child centered would be a new challenge. Shasta also understood her role better. With her degree in elementary education this would allow her to be in a school again making a difference with children. She had left teaching after only 5 years feeling that she was leaving her life's calling but so disillusioned that she had trouble facing work day after day. She had also needed more money than teaching provided to allow her to give money to her mother after her father died.

Kristal then let the discussion begin, handling questions first and then moving into a brainstorming session with ideas coming out, writing down all ideas. David was quiet and nobody noticed that he was mostly listening. Shasta mentioned some of her ideas ranging from getting some workers at the school full time to build relationships and supervise clean up to providing a list of book titles on the topic which could provide lacking expertise. The room was a buzz and as the ideas stopped flowing, Krystal discussed the practicality of ideas and ideas were crossed off the board and other ideas were discussed more in depth.

Kristal agreed that part of the team should be on hand to manage the inner workings from the site, and quickly chose David and Shasta for their expertise. She asked the members of the group that wouldn't be part of the team to leave and thanked them for their time. Seven remained, and she wanted them to meet first thing the next morning for a meeting to choose a direction. She also reminded them that they were invited to their traditional opening night dinner if they didn't already have plans, meeting early they could gather at the parking garage to leave.

David was astounded and excited. He couldn't have planned it better himself. It would be a perfect way to get to know Shasta without committing too far or even asking her out on a date. As curious as he was he also didn't want to committ to anything even though his body seemed ready to.

Shasta stared at Kristal even after she had stoppe talking as the impact of her words sunk in. This man whom she was just starting to notice was going to be her partner for the next two months. It made logical sense that she would pair them togther but the timing was just to strange as she considered her thinking about ways to get to know David better. Was it all coincidence? She rememberd the man of whom she was thinking was sitting beside her and she turned to him. They're eyes meet as they had twice earlier that day with expectancy, he was smiling, and she followed suit. She was starting to make a fool of herself over this good looking guy that sh knew was out of her reach. She needed to protect her feelings but she wasn't doing such a great job. She reached out her hand and said "Howdy Partner," and when he responded in turn she didn't think he was reading her lustful thoughts that grew as she felt his firm handshake and wondered what he'd do if she took his hand and put it on her leg. He looked really good today. She grabbed her papers hurriedly and turned to leave the table.

David thoughts told him two things. The first was to take her hand and kiss it, then to kiss it again. Then to kiss her wrist and to keep kissing up her arm and not stop till he reached those lips. Those lips he dreamed about just hours ago. The second thought was to just play it cool and keep letting fate work. It had done better than he could have worked with anything he could try to far today. He would let it work, and just watched her body move as she left the table. He pretended to work until time to meet for dinner. To keep his hands busy and away from touching himself, he typed up the story of his dream on his computer.

She relaxed as she got to her desk and again let her mind shift to the dream, it scared her again and as she realized she wasn't going to forget it with David around she thought maybe typing it up in story form woould help her to see it as a story. She started writing about her arrival at the wooden house and the feeling of her rising with the house to a place of safety. She had run from a man who she sensed was dangerous. Maybe this project was going to hold some dangers and while it seemed exciting now she would want to run. She remembered her reasons for leaving teaching and her old fears, maybe they weren't so old. David had given her the route to safety and she wrote how the safety had enfolded her. Maybe he was going to hold the key to making this project work even though she was the one with more expertise. But the feeling was more than just hi providing the route to safety, he had also provided her with safety in his presence. She wrote her last sentence realizing that if she let her budding feelings grow for David she wouldn't be safe. It was past time to leave she hoped she wasn't late.

David would rather have gone home to imagine being with Shasta then spend the evening without her in a group of people, and waited for her with the others. Two others had left in another vehicle to reserve the larger table that would be needed. They climbed in and Shasta walked up as they were closing the door and she took the last empty seat next to him. With fate working for him through out the day he was sure it would again put them together but as they sat at their favorite table at a restaurant/bar across town. She was as far from him as anyone could be and still be at the same table. Kristal was wise and knew that this relaxed time together as a team would help bind them for the rest of the project when they'd need to work well together. The evening was comfortable and they all talked and enjoyed the evening. He thought he could single her out and ask her to play pool , and just as he decided to ask she stood and went with a friend to the bar and order more drinks. She not only ordered drinks but got caught up in a conversation with her friend and another man at the bar, they were gone for a long time. He kept glancing over to see when she would return. He realized that maybe Shasta was out of his league. She probably got all the attention she needed and more and why should she even think of him that way. He was discouraged but excited about the project.

Shasta knew that after her lustful thoughts for David she'd have to stay away from him in this social occasion. Work she could handle, but seeing him look so good in his buttoned green shirt in a casual setting like this would make her want more from him and it was better to stay far away. She was glad to go to the bar when her friend wanted to chat personally, and when she saw David's eyes follow them, she knew it was just because of her friend, and so she enjoyed her evening despite wanting to watch David.

Back at the table it wasn't long until Kristal stood up and announced that anyone who wanted to stay longer would need to get their own ride back to work. The other friend who had ridden with Kristal over to the restaurant offered to ride back with us so Kristal could drive home and not stop at work. They slowly gathered at the door and as they walked to the van she was surprised David talked to her. David and Shasta were among the last to reach the van and the others had already realized there was one seat short. The others had piled in so driver decided that Shasta could sit on David's lap for the ride. She blushed and said that wasn't such a great idea, but David insisted that it was ok. She tried to sit down gracefully but it wasn't possible. The driver joked that since Shasta didn't have a seat belt, David would need to put his arms around her to hold onto her. She was sitting sideways on his lap, and felt his arms wrap around her waist. She tried to get comfortable and didn't know what to do with her hands. They were so close to each other, she felt his breath on her skin. She relaxed when the conversation turned away from them, and she lifted her hand and put it around his shoulder, brushing his skin on his neck with her fingers. She started enjoying the feeling of his arms around her waist.

His dream had come true literally. She was sitting on his lap. His arms were around here. He could smell some light perfume. He knew even if it ended here it would be a special day that had surpassed his expectations. Her arm was around his shoulder and her thumb was moving against his shoulder. He desire for her was growing and he pulled her closer. He took one of his hands and placed it on top of her hand that was laying on her leg. He hoped he could blame it on the alcohol if she asked him about his reaction later but he wanted to touch her skin even if it wasn't in the intimate places that his imagination was running to. She didn't push away his hand instead looked at him and said she was tired and would he mind if she laid her head on his shoulder. He quickly allowed her, but then realized she might feel or even hear the increased rate of his heart.

She was starting to get swept up in the moment and the emotion that she was holding onto from her dream. This was the safety she felt in her dream, what she was feeling now in his arms. She was sure he held the same power to hurt her but she didn't think on it and sighed deeply enjoying the moment. She yawned trying to make a show of her tiredness so he wouldn't think it abnormal for her to ask to lean on him. Her own heart rate increasing.

He thought she had probably fallen asleep against him, he could feel her breathing had slowed and hoped she wouldn't remember if he stroked her back slowly feeling his own desire growing. She shifted and it felt as if she were cuddling into him like she would a pillow. Her movement moved her against his own growing heat and he let out a small sigh. He wished he could watch her sleep.

If he could see her face he would probably be shocked to see this big smile on Shasta's face. Her mind alert hearing that sigh, was she really having an effect on him. She decided to try shifting again this time more purposefully. Did she feel an erection below her? She almost let out a giggle. Did she dare to do what her lust was telling her to do? She moved ever so slowly to still appear asleep. She moved so her arm was no longer supporting her head on his shoulder but now sliding behind his back. She had a choice now to drop it there and appear to be comfortable or to awaken more sensations in both of them then she had felt in a long time. She felt almost as if she should ask permission, but she went ahead realizing she was holding her breath. She felt his back rubbing lightly, waiting for his to stiffen and push her away, but he didn't, so she reached lower slowly pulling his shirt out of his pants giving room for her warm fingers to slip under the shirt and brush his skin. They turned a corner on the road and as she slid against him to get comfortable again she could feel that her pussy was quite wet.

David kept up some small talk with others in the van for a while. But when he thought Shasta fell asleep, he signalled to the others to keep it down and they kept talking in the background. Then she started moving against him, then she was stroking his shirt, then she was stroking his skin in front of all these people. In the middle of a van full of people. He had know she was smart, and creative, and a friend, but now he knew she was all those things plus sexy, passionate and daring. His hand moved on hers so his thumb was underneath and he could rub her hand without others seeing. He tried to speak in a volume that no one else would hear hoping his words would not scare her away, "So hot." He looked out the window and could tell they were almost back to work. He needed to give her a signal that he wanted her later that night. that she could choose to follow through on if she wanted to. He thought she'd want to when he felt her slide her hand out from under his and put hers on top and direct it to her leg.

She now started to recognize mutual pleasure when she heard him whisper to her. It was bold but she was sure no one but her had heard. Was it possible she was giving pleasure to this good looking man whom she had assumed from his many friends would have many dates. Well maybe any guy would get turned on and could want her for one night, even David. Should she trust her dream or her instincts. While contemplating that she heard him whisper, "We're almost there, if you give me your cell phone I'll program my number in and you can reach me any time." She sat up and stretched and yawned as if just waking up. She didn't dare look into his face for fear she'd lean over and kiss him. The spell was broken for the moment and the others noticed she was awake and they teased her. She got her cell phone out and entered his name, and handed it to him for his number. She'd have to decide quickly what to do. They arrived at the parking garage. He gracefully lifted her out of the van carrying and then steadying her as she stood. His questioning eyes looked at her. As the others were also exiting the van she thanked David loudly and whispered, "Let's talk". She turned and walked in the direction of her vehicle.

David's erection had lessened when she had 'awoken' and when the bright lights of the parking garage filled the van. They came to a stop and he finished punching in his phone number. He lifted her out and wanted to carry her home but gently placed her down still holding onto her casually. He had made his move now it was time for hers, if she was going to make it. And if she did make a move could he handle the consequences. They were both tipsy and since they had to work together as lone partners for the next month would this really be the right situation. She was obviously ready for a night of passion but did he want just one night or did he want time to explore this relationship. He was sure her passion extended past what he'd tasted tonight and she was beautiful and a good friend to boot. He could loose all that plus any future if he gave in to impulses tonight. He didn't know what her words, "Let's talk," meant but as his mind cleared part of him wished for more time to get to know her before taking a chance on sex ruining a good friendship and working relationship. He watched her walk away and he got his cell phone out of his pocket and held it in his hand. She turned around and he lifted his cell phone in a wave.

Shasta now regretted at least some of her boldness. He had obviously lifted his cell phone to her to show he was waiting for her call and he was surely expecting her to tell him where her car was parked so they could drive somewhere to continue what she had started. She wanted him, when she arrive to her car and no one was around she sat in her car, and lifted her skirt playing with herself, feeling a lot of wetness, stirring it up. She was already swollen and hot and just touching her skin made her moan. As her finger started working she knew David would be so much more fulfilling. More than that she knew she didn't want a one night stand with David. Maybe she could just not call? No, maybe she could just call and explain that she had a headache and was going home. She didn't think he would call her back. No, they needed to talk but maybe staying on cell phones would be better than seeing him in person. She would call him and just tell him how she was feeling and be honest.

David sat in his car alone and very lonely. He had just gotten the biggest sexual rush after trying to hide it all day he couldn't any more. The longer he waited for the call the more it sank into his brain that maybe she wouldn't call. She had been tipsy and probably wasn't even aware of how turned on she made him, and maybe she flirted like this with all the guys she knew. She didn't have a flirtatious reputation at work so he'd be surprised if that was true. He was half glad he wouldn't have to ask her about the flirtation and confront the reality of what life would be like tomorrow. He realized the phone wasn't going to ring and knew he couldn't wait until he got home. He had unzipped when entering the car to relieve the pressure and laid his seat of his car back. Images of her flitted through his mind. The reality now so much clearer than the dream. He needed relief and just undoing his pants wouldn't do... slowly his pants wiggled down his hips. He stroked and rubbed himself imagining first her ass rubbing on him like she had, her stroking his back (oops, he'd forgotten to tuck in his shirt after getting out of the van, had anyone noticed?), her smooth leg, her waist, her smell. He was quickly to the point where he had been several times during the day and also quickly surpassed it. His hand pleasing himself but picturing only one woman who had brought him to the place of this pleasure. He wanted to get home and enjoy a longer session in the comfort of his bed or shower and so didn't slow his action and moaned Shasta's name as he grabbed a napkin and came in his car. It was long and pleased and he was surprised at his intensity. He was about to start his engine when the phone rang, he hesitantly picked it up knowing it would be Shasta and knowing that his head was clear enough now to be honest with her and not act on his lust. Shasta jumped into the conversation speaking fast , so fast he couldn't keep up. She explained that she was sorry for flirting with him. Well, he though, at least she had called, she had to give her credit for making a phone call just to say sorry when not calling would have blown him off as well and been just as easier for her.

Shasta was almost on the verge of tears when she got through with her opology, surprising even herself how badly she wanted to be with David on this night. She was talking too fast and stopped and took a deep breath before continuing. David surprised her by responding, "I'm not sorry you did." Before he could say anything further she jumped into her practiced spiel. She was very attracted to David but didn't do one night stands and that's what this would be if they didn't really know each other and had to face each other at work the next day. She again spoke too quickly and repeated herself a couple times. She sighed and finished her teary speech by saying, "David, we haven't even been on a date and I don't even do that very often, I only gave in to my lust for you because of a dream I had, and I don't want you thinking I'm someone who can't resist calling you and is going to jump at the chance to be in your bed no matter how good looking you are." She had said it, all she had planned and plenty more. Now she was getting a headache. Oh, how would they ever work together for the next month? She'd have to ask to be tranferred off the team after this fool she made of herself.

David listened shocked and when she started repeating her points, he started hearing the sadness in her voice as well. He thought she was brushing him off, but instead she was saying the same thing he had been thinking, not the way he would have said it, but he was pretty sure of her message. He would have to ask her later about what dream she had, but first he needed to clarify his view. And even now a plan was forming in his mind for what to he'd say after that. She stopped talking and he heard a sniffle. He waited a few more seconds to be sure she was really finished before saying, "Shasta, you have no idea how glad I am to hear you say that. You're words mirrored my thoughts exactly. While in the van driving you captivated me more than you already had throughout the day, and I acted on it also because of a dream. But there's no way I'd give up more of what we started today, for one night of fulfilling my lust and have you hate me tomorrow." He had hoped his words would have made her feel better but instead he heard her sniffles turn to crying while he spoke. He continued anyway, "It would have been hard to say that to your face because I want you beside me tonight in my bed because you are beautiful and sexy and I haven't been on a date in a long time, but more than that I want to ask you something."