It Was Always You Ch. 01

Story Info
Ex-Best friends/ Lovers see each other after six years.
2.8k words
19.3k
32
0

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 04/29/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kent0ter0
kent0ter0
41 Followers

*NOTE:

I entitled this Flashbacks and Brown Locks because, surprise surprise, this chapter is a flashback and well, Jacob's Brown locks. I decided to dump all the flashbacks in this chapter about Jacob and Kyle.

Also, this is my first time to write a story so... Don't give me hell =)) Any suggestions and constructive criticisms will be accepted. Haters shall go to hell. :p Also if you want to be my proofreader, you can send me a private feedback. ;)

****

Chapter 1 - Flashbacks and Brown Locks

Kyle Matthews is never the guy with good memory. He is really bad in remembering things. But there are memories that are very vivid to him. Memories that are clear as day and more High Definition than Blue Ray. Those are his memories with Jacob Ashford.

He was six when a family moved to the large estate beside their house. It was a very hot summer then. Kyle was watching Sponge Bob and was bored to death. His mom did not want him to go outside and play. He was in the middle of the show when his mom came from the kitchen with a bunch of macadamia nut cookies in a Tupperware.

He tried to get the Tupperware from his mom but his mom forbade him to. She said it was for the new neighbors.

Kyle realized how big the house of their neighbor is. Not mentioning the size of their lawn. It was like a park. There is no guard yet so they were able to enter the massive gates.

Mom knocked on the front door with a smile from ear to ear. It was the best weapon you have when meeting new neighbors, her mom always say. A woman answered the door. She was a beautiful ethereal woman. She was dark haired and lightly tanned but her smile lights up anyone who will see it.

The woman ushered us to come inside. Their home was well, awesome. It was very modern. It will blow any housewives. Mrs. Ashford or Emily as she wants us to call her called her son Jacob. A little boy whose a little shorter than me with brown hair with cute little locks. And his eyes. Two different sets of color. The right one is green and the left one is a light blue.

My mom couldn't shut up about how adorable Jacob is. He says he is cute and sweet. It made me very jealous sooooo, I kind of stomped on his foot. My mom was shocked with what I did. She apologized and dragged me home. She spanked me a little and ordered me to stand on my thinking corner until I am sorry. Yes, I have that one because apparently I am somewhat a stupid crazy kid.

I was sorry. I really was. The kid was happy to have me as a friend and because I was jealous, I stomped on his feet. I came to my mom when I was ready to say sorry. We went to their house again and say sorry.

"I'm sorry." I said looking down. Then I glanced up and I saw him smile. Perfect teeth and all.

"Can you be my friend?" I asked.

He nodded shyly. I didn't know then why I felt the urge to hug Jacob. But I did anyway.

"Do you want to play video games Jakey?" He asked.

"Sure." Jacob answered. The tone of his voice made Kyle happy. He took Jacob's hand and drag him outside.

By the start of school year, the two of them were inseparable. They were called conjoined twins by the teachers. The two of them have their own little world. By second term, the teachers decided to separate them by putting them at the opposite side od the classroom and not pairing them up. But come by recess, they are back in their little own world again.

Jacob was very smart. He dusted of the rest of the class. While we were learning takeaways, Jacob was now very knowledgeable in multiplication, division and such. His dad is a big shot programmer and his mom is a well known author. It is expected of him to be smart.

By middle school they begin to have new friends but that did not stopped them from hanging out. They were in separate classes but the two of them will once again rush to see each other during recess, lunch and going home at the same time.

Ben did not understand girls. Some of them are fond of him but not as fond of him as they are fond of Jacob. By middle school Jacob was as tall as him. The girls are crazy about Jacob. His hair, his nose, his face, his lips, his skin. And his heterochromatic eyes. Girls go crazy. He cannot argue about that. He too thinks of Jacob that way. Though he isn't really very proud of the possessive feelings he has for his best friend. Like he wants to yank every girls hair that surrounds Jacob.

Jacob fortunately is not really crazy with the attention. He escapes the girls when he gets the chance. He and Jacob hide in the bushes all the time.

He tried to have a sleepover during Fridays with other kids but he wasn't really enjoying. But come Saturday, he will be rushing home to spend time with Jacob.

By sophomore year, Kyle was drafted to the Football team. Jacob meanwhile was not that interested in athletics. He was more interested in Engineering than sports and in music.

"Hey. How's practice dude?" Jacob asked by the phone.

"Very long man. Pretty tired."

"Are you coming over?"

"Yeah."

"Cool, I'll get pizza. Mom and dad are out for a late night meeting."

"Sure. I'll spend the night."

Kyle cannot contain the excitement he has while going home. He is spending the night again with Jacob. He immediately called his mom about spending over. Seeing aas it was only a very vast lawn and a door, she said yes. He went home first to change clothes and bring toiletries. They played games in Jacob's room until they felt tired.

"I'll get the wall side," says Jacob.

"Sure. I don't want you falling down the bed again." I want you to fall for me.

Jacob punched him jokingly.

While in bed, Kyle is having a hard time with his feelings. Jacob was besude him and he want to make out with him before the sleep.

"Kyle?" Jacob asked.

"Yeah?"

"It's cold. Can we cuddle?"

He should say no. But his cock betrayed him.

"Yes."

He hugged Jacob who was facing the wall. He pressed his face to Jacob's neck. And he fell asleep.

***

The two of them have separate friends. Kyle has his football buddies while Jacob is with his classmates. Soon he heard some people whispering weird things about him and Jacob. So he tried to not act weird around Jacob. He no longer hugs him or put his arms on his back. He was no longer as touchy as he was before. It wasn't long till Jacob confronted him about it.

"Kyle..."

"Yeah?"

"Did I do something wrong?"

"No. Why do you ask?"

"Cause you are acting weird around me."

I am acting weird cause I am batshit in love with you. I want to make out with you 24/7. But I do not now how to handle it. Of course he did not have the courage to say that.

"I'm not."

"You are."

"I said I'm not!" I shouted. Thank God, nobody is home.

"You are! You don't even approach me in school anymore. You are always hanging with those football jocks!"

"They are my friends!"

"So what am I to you?" This shattered Kyle. He was shocked and did not know how to respond.

"I'm going home." Kyle said instead. He rushed to the door looking back at Jacob. His heart pounding like a sledgehammer that he could get a heart attack at the moment.

***

Kyle felt bad for a whole week. Even his mom sensed it. She tried confronting him but he lied. He said he was having a bad time at school with football. Jacob tried calling him a lot of times but he missed them on purpose. He also tried texting him but he did not have the courage to reply.

Thankfully, Jacob did not ride the school bus today. He must have rode his bike. But then, he cannot escape his first period. Kyle is his classmate in biology. Thankfully again, they weren't lab partners. He was transferred from another class because it interfered with his football practice.

He nervously and excitedly waited for Jacob. He wanted to say sorry for what happened. He decided that it is best to tell him what's really happening. He just couldn't hold back anymore.

A different Jacob walked in the lab. Gone were the curly locks and shaggy hair. His hair was styled like a supermodel and that make him look like he reeks of danger. His cheekbones were very prominent. And his eyes adorable eyes looked really expressive. He looked a little tanned too. The girls swooned over him and he could not deny that he heard a moan from the lady behind him. Jacob went to his seat and did not bother looking at him. He was hurt. But he knows he deserved it. He was such an ass. If he could just tell him what he feels and kiss him... maybe... maybe the weirdness will go away. Maybe he could get his shit together.

He avoided running into Jacob for the whole day. He planned on going to their house after football practice.

***

Kyle knocked on Jacob's room.

"It's open mom."

I opened it. Jacob was naked waist up. He was in treadmill reading a book while working out. I have never seen him that way since we were kids.

"Oh, it's you." Jacob said with a grim expression. Jacob turned off the treadmill and came to face me. I was on the couch and he was on the edge of his bed

"Jake, I-"

"What?"

"I want to apologize for this week. I know that I am acting weird. I-"

He was stuttering not because he does not know what to say. He was stuttering because he badly wants to kiss that boy in front of him. He want to tackle him to the bed and make love to him.

"I-am in a really dark place right now. And I don't know how to handle it." I am beginning to tear up. I took a deep breath. "Jake, I - I- think I am in love with you." There. I let it go.

Jacob stood up and went for the door.

Oh God. He is kicking me out. Lord, I can't live with this.

He locked it.

Is he going to kill me instead? I did not know he is homophobic.

Jacob stood in front of me with his eyes tearing up. I stood up to face him. He grabbed my face and descended his mouth to mine. I hugged him to press our bodies together. We kissed for a few minutes until he pulled out.

"I've been wanting to do that for years now Kyle." Years? I wasted years?

I smiled. My heart was pounding with happiness. I hugged him tight.

"I love you Jake."

"I love you to Kyle. Always."

***

Our routine was pretty much the same. We both go home with Jacob waiting for me. We make out. We haven't tried more than that as we both decide that we aren't ready. We've made plans to move in together for college and such. With make out sessions of course.

A few months near the end of school year, Kyle heard the seniors talking about Jacob. They called him names like 'Chem Bitch' and 'Loser Nerd.' They also gave him shit for being friends with Jacob.

It affected him so much. He couldn't give up football because it made his dad very happy. He spent less and less time with Jacob. He also stopped texting him and refused on seeing him. I spent more time with the cool kids even though I fucking hated it. I missed Jacob so bad but I won't fucking admit it. I don't want to get cut in the football team.

At the end of the school year, I was miserable as hell. I have little sleep and I am depressed. I no longer see Jacob. It seems he was avoiding me. I wouldn't blame him.

He didn't see Jacob that first week of summer although he badly wanted too. Just a glance. He was unlucky. Jacob seems to not go out. He badly wants to go out there but he can't. He was embarrassed for how he treated Jacob for the last few months.

Then came the football camp he and his buddies signed up for. He was gone for the week. He wanted to enjoy it so badly but he couldn't. All that he could do was remember the summers he spent with Jacob. He wasn't able to concentrate on that football camp. He just misses his best friend too damn much.

After he came back, he went to see Jacob. He missed him so much he can no longer contain it. The gate was padlocked. He snuck through the gate and tried to peek inside. Nobody was there. The furniture however was draped with white cloth.

Later that night he asked his mom where Jacob and his parents go. He was shocked to know that they had moved to another state. She said Jacobs's parents have been planning to that year but if only Jacob wanted too. He asked her where but she doesn't know. He went upstairs and cried myself all night.

I missed my best friend. I was stupid. I took him for granted. I miss my true love.

By junior year I was like a zombie. It was only football that drives me. I was miserable in my classes and started drinking like the other cool kids. I became kind of popular after Jacob went away. He was kind of the guy every girl crushes on before.

It was until the middle of school year when a video of handsome guy our age playing the piano and singing to Ed Sheeran surfaced. His voice was so familiar that it reaps through his heart. He examined the video closely and he knew. He knew who that guy was. It was, no, It is the guy that he loves. Jacob Ashford. Jacob is not the lean guy he used to be. He filled up with muscles. He now had broad shoulders, flat stomach and such. His biceps, oh he could imagine himself being hugged by those. And he is very tall now. On his estimate, he must be at least 6 feet. He tried searching it in YouTube to stalk but it wasn't Jacob's YouTube channel. It turns out some classmates videoed him without his permission. It wasn't long until information about Jacob Ashford started coming out. Jacob is a student of the Top Prep Schools in the country. He is one of the top students in the class. The following weeks have been about Jacob. He guested in lots of TV shows. I see him in Ellen, Good Morning America and even in The Voice. He even appeared in Taylor Swift's new video. Girls were going gaga over him. People were flocking over him. People in school were in shock like why didn't they ever become friends with Jacob. People also looked on me like I was some horrible virus. Maybe they blame me why Jacob went away. That maybe if he did not go away, Jacob might be here and they will have TV exposure.

In a few months, Jacob transformed from a YouTube celebrity to a worldwide celebrity. He has offers from TV stations, modeling agencies and recording companies. It hurt him to see Jacob look happy while he was very miserable.

What hurt him most was one interview.

The host asked him who his best friend is.

Somehow, I expected to hear my name. I know it was stupid, but I did. He still was my best friend and he will always be.

"Mark Scerbo. My roommate in our boarding school. He goaded me into weight lifting. He was also the one who secretly filmed me singing." He said while laughing. I couldn't even see sadness in his eyes. He was happy.

I cried that night again. A lot. I destroyed my friendship with him for nothing.

It is funny that I traded his friendship for popularity in a small high school, and that friend I took for granted became famous all over the world. Life is a bitch huh?

***

Note again:

Next chapter will be six years later. J

kent0ter0
kent0ter0
41 Followers
Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

Loss to Love Ch. 01 Drew was a plain high school kid, till he lost everything.in Gay Male
Mason's Chance Mason finds what he's been missing.in Gay Male
Timber Pack Chronicles Ch. 01 Parker's jock crush is more than he seems.in Gay Male
Winning Alex A rich playboy learns he doesn't want a fucktoy anymore.in Gay Male
Be Mine Adrian comes out for the love of his life.in Gay Male
More Stories