It Was Fate Ch. 03

Story Info
Mates?
2.6k words
4.7
25.8k
6
Story does not have any tags

Part 3 of the 8 part series

Updated 10/03/2022
Created 12/17/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Authors Note: I have had a few emails and a comment about how It Was Fate has a lot of differences from its original Fate. Yet, Fate was kind of my trainer story. It was simple and the characters were not well developed. So, with this new... more like restart of Fate I'm trying to find my voice as a writer. I write on here for the readers and basically as practice. Your guy's comments have made me from the author I was in Fate Ch. 01 to It Was Fate Ch. 04. Thanks to anyone who has written me a comment or an email no matter how mean. I hope to continue to improve.

Thanks and keep reading,

SSG

~~~~

Annabeth needed to get out of here and most of all away from this gorgeous grumpy man. She wasn't an ounce frightened of him, that reason she didn't know why, but she hadn't said a word to him since what she had screamed through the door.

He seemed to be in an impossible bad mood, yet that didn't translate to the way he was gripping her wrist as he pulled her down the hallway. It was gentle, probably too gentle. No matter how angry he was he seemed to treat her like a china doll, fragile and delicate.

She just wanted to know why she was even with him if she made him so miserable. And they say girls are complicated.

Coming to a stop he pulled a key card out of his pocket and quickly swiped it and replaced it. Opening the door he pulled her through it and then shut it softly. When she turned from watching him close the door she nearly gasped in surprise. She expected another hotel room, but this room was an entire floor! There were rows of desks placed around the gigantic room and even what looked like actual offices in the corner. Then all the desks were stationed with a single gorgeous vampire.

Yet, sitting a few feet from where they were standing was a desk that was sitting more front and center than the rest and the keeper of that desk was most definitely not a vampire. He looked to be just a gawky teenage boy.

"Collin!" The boy smiled showing his multicolored braces as he shifted some papers into a neater stack.

"Hey Leo," Collin greeted him with a small grin. Leo stood out like a sore thumb in this place with his reddish brown curly hair and goofy grin. "Can I see Pack X's file?" Collin asked his expression serious again.

"Hold on..." Leo trailed off reaching for the wireless mouse over in the corner of his desk and smacking it on the bottom a few times."Damn thing." He cursed nearly silently. Setting it back on his desk he squinted as he stared at the thin computer monitor perched in the same corner of his desk. Clicking furiously he jumped up from his chair toward the wall of file cabinets. Taking long quick strides he slide his pointer finger down the many cabinets, reaching the fifth one he opened a drawer and retrieved the file and handed it over to Collin.

Scanning the thick manila folder he dropped it with a thud onto Leo's desk. Humming he flicked open the file and fingered through the stack of paper until he found the page he was looking for.

Smiling he flashed his fangs wickedly. "It's time to give Gustavo a ring."

Annabeth shivered at the sound of his name. How could Collin have known? Yet, she was just going to keep her questions to herself at the moment, which was very unlike her.

"Come on." Collin told her gripping her wrist and the file in the other hand. Pulling her down a row of desks she couldn't help but look down all the vampires looked up as if in awe that Collin was touching her. At least it didn't take long for him to pull her into a corner office and shut the door behind them. "Sit down." He commanded her.

Biting her lip she fought the urge to tell him to shut up and sat down quietly on the dark leather coach. Watching him, Collin reached for the phone that sat in the cradle on his desk and quickly punched in the number written on the paper he folded the corner of. Thanks to the fact her senses were sharper than a normal human she could hear the series of rings begin, but she was beginning to feel it to be a curse; she so did not want to hear his voice, nor was she ready to.

Yet, she had no chose.

"Ah, Mr. Sangue," Gustavo's deep voice greeted him.

Collin could feel the way Annabeth tensed when he picked up. It was strange because she was across the room.

"Hello." Collin replied coldly.

"I hear you have broken one of our rules." He began sounding amused.

"I know you have." Collin replied.

He laughed. "You think my men were trying to kill Annabeth. If you think she is a human you are sorely mistaken."

"She would have died if I hadn't saved her." Collin growled his back to Annabeth.

"Whoa big boy," He warned obviously amused. "All I know is that you personally killed one of my men and that violates our little contract."

"I'm not sure you want to completely oust that contract just yet. You know far too well what happens when you underestimate me." Collin pointed out.

"I'm not suggesting we go all out war. I'm just saying you should return Annabeth to me...soon."

"Why is she so important to you?" He growled.

"She's my mate in training." He laughed. "Now bring her to me tonight, 12 AM, far corner of my territory." At that Gustavo hung up as Collin slammed the phone into the cradle.

Annabeth couldn't even fathom going back to him. Bowing her head she rested it in her hands taking deep breaths to control her emotion. She couldn't go back to him! Just couldn't. Yet, a small part of her simply didn't want to leave Collin.

"He said-, "Collin began, but was cut off by her.

"I heard it all." She muttered head bowed in defeat.

Collin looked down at her from his spot leaning against the desk, he couldn't take her back, but he couldn't wage a war either. "I'm not taking you back." You decided.

"What?" She looked up surprised.

"You don't want to go back." He stated crossing his arms.

"Yeah, but..." Annabeth began, but was cut off. She couldn't understand why someone would go through so much trouble just for her.

"You obviously have a reason why." He stated.

"He'll hurt you!" She exclaimed standing up. She couldn't handle having another person killed protecting her.

"I alone could kill Gustavo and his little pack of rogues." He chuckled. "You shouldn't be worrying about me."

"You don't understand." She sighed falling back to the couch.

"Then make me understand!" He exclaimed pulling her back up to her feet by her forearms.

"He killed nearly my entire pack!" She shouted jerking away from him and turning around.

Spinning her back around he stared at her unbelievingly, mouth slightly ajar. "You're a werewolf?"

"No!" She exclaiming attempting to pull away again, but this time he wouldn't let her. Yet, the fact he had let her jerk away this entire time only pissed her off more. "My dad was a werewolf and my mom was human!"

"How does that work?"

"It doesn't!" She snapped. "But, if you don't take me back to him he'll kill my sisters!" She spoke quickly.

"I thought you said he kill your entire pack," He questioned eyebrows raised.

"I did, but he spared them so he had something to stop me from killing myself!"

"Why would you kill yourself?" He asked his expression serious.

"Do you really want to know?!" She exclaimed angrily looking at his gorgeous face with complete rage. It was either that or cry.

"Yes."

"He rapes me! Okay! I couldn't stop it, he was too strong!" She informed him her teeth clenched as she stared into his eyes.

He dropped his grip on her instantly. "Annabeth," He whispered eyes now closed and jaw clenched. "You need to get out of this room, now." He growled.

His vampire was in a tizzy. Someone had touched HIS Annabeth! He couldn't hold on to control when it was fighting itself to the surface so furiously. He was going to kill someone.

"No." She refused simply, she wasn't going anywhere. The next blink of an eye his fangs grew from his gums to rest against his bottom lip and his eyes were that familiar red.

Annabeth knew she had to act quickly if she was going to stop him from punching another wall, but little did she know that he was ten times as angry. Using her speed she catapulted herself into him while quickly wrapping her arms around his neck. Within the next second he had already wrapped his arms around her.

"Relax." She soothed. "I'm here. I'm okay." She murmured saying anything could possible calm him down as her hands idly stroked the back of his neck. He was frozen like a statue giving no signs that he was even alive. "How about you hold down Gustavo and I kill him?" She asked completely serious attempting to lighten the mood with no luck.

She was beginning to get a little frustrated, nothing was working. Looking up at him she unhooked her arms from his neck and held both sides of his face making him look down at her, "Hello?" She grinned. "Anyone in there?" Still nothing.

All of a sudden a head peaked into the room, the very noticeable frizzy mane of Leo. "Collin?" He called sliding the rest of the way in. It couldn't have been a worse time. Finally a response as he spun around with Annabeth still in his arms as he growled a warning.

"Leo, get out of here! GO!" She yelled desperately. Yet, the teenage boy was frozen in fear and Collin was tensing. It seemed like hours as she waited for Leo to flee. The only thought going through her mind was: Please, please Leo move your ass!

There was no more time. Collin had stopped breathing. "Move or close your eyes!" She shouted at Leo as shut his eyes his form visibly shaking. Annabeth came up on her tippy toes and pressed her lips to his. It was her last resort and even with the long fangs she had to try.

He instantly responded as he growled into her mouth and gave her a kiss she would not soon forget.

He kissed her hard and furious as if taking his pent up anger out on her lips. Collin wasn't himself when his other half was in control it had control of his body as well as his mind, which at the moment was filled with fantasies of Annabeth moaning in ecstasy beneath him.

Annabeth couldn't even say she wasn't thinking the same. Not to mention the fact he had the kind of looks that would make any woman young or old want to tackle him to the nearest bed. Lost in her thoughts she let out a tiny moan. She couldn't help it even with those fangs as obstacles he could kiss in that way that made her whole body tingle. Her hands were no longer simply holding onto him for dear life, but they were clawing at him wanting more. Yet, she couldn't let this continue he was too good. She feared if this went any further she wouldn't be able to stop him and that could never happen again.

"Stop." She muttered into his mouth and pulled away from him as much as he would allow.

Yet, he wasn't stopping as he pulled her tighter against him again. This couldn't be happening. Even when she acted like a limp noodle against him he had no problem holding her up and coaxing her to kiss him back again. And the sad part was she did. She was having a hard time building up the strength to deny him again.

"Please, stop." She muttered again.

He slowed the kiss suddenly as if savoring the last seconds of their kiss. Then, he broke it. She watched in amazement as Collin's long sharp fangs retracted back to their normal intimidating length. It was truly amazing to watch him shift. In the next blink of an eye his eyes were that beautiful silver again.

"I'm sorry." He muttered pulling away from her, but she was firmly latched to him.

"Why are you shaking?" She asked pressing herself to him a little harder to feel his slight tremble.

"It j-just happens when I change." He answered quietly trying to pull away again. "A-And you're not making it any easier to s-stay this way." He stuttered.

"I'm not afraid of you." She stated.

"Y-You should be. After all you have been t-through I could do the same thing to you he did and you don't even c-care?"

Looking down she began lowly. "The way you touch me is gentle...the way he did wasn't." She mumbled.

"You're saying you don't think I could?" He asked beginning to sound a little more in control.

"Well, if you did," She looked back up at him her cheeks turning a rosy color, "I wouldn't be objective."

He fell in love with her cute little pink cheeks at that moment and that innocent little look she was giving him. Yet, he couldn't believe his ears. She had just basically told him she would sleep with him. His vampire was rejoicing, she would be his physically, mentally, and emotionally very soon.

"I'm sorry." He stated. "I'm just so sorry I can't have enough control to protect you from myself."

"If you're going to be 'protecting' me, I'm going to need some answers." She stated pulling away from him to plop back down on the couch.

Colin knew this was coming. He would have questions too if a vampire seemed to attack him constantly. "Okay." He sighed leaning back up against his desk and crossing his arms.

"First, why can't you stay human around me?" She asked crossing her legs.

"It's not so much you for say. Think about it every time I change you either tell me someone has hurt you or someone does. "

"But, why?" She exclaimed.

"I've never had a mate, so I really don't know either."

"Wait, are you saying I'm you mate?" She questioned a slight shocked look on her face. That beautiful vampire couldn't be hers.

"It seems that way. My other side obviously thinks so." He laughed nervously.

"Wow." She muttered in amazement. "But, you barely know me."

"That doesn't matter. The beauty of finding your mate is you know instantly."

"Wow." She mumbled again.

"I understand if it's a little bit too much to handle after what Gustavo has done to you." He reasoned looking down. "As soon as a room opens up you can move there, but I can't guarantee that I can stay away."

Standing up she walked over to him. With a finger she lifted his chin and made him meet her yellow-brown eyes. "I'm not offended; I just never thought someone would want such damaged cargo." She half smiled dropping her hand.

"Damaged cargo?" He chuckled. "I'm far more damaged than you could ever imagine."

"Sure..." She trailed off. "Okay, last question. Will you help me get my sisters back?"