It Was Fate Ch. 07

Story Info
A war is declared.
2.3k words
4.61
15.9k
5

Part 7 of the 8 part series

Updated 10/03/2022
Created 12/17/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No, no, no!" Kadence refused, shaking her head sending her long light brown hair flying. "I can do it by myself."

"Ha!" Eli laughed crossing his arms. "You. Can't. Fucking. Walk." He repeated extra slow. "What part of that don't you get?"

"I can hop." She argued crossing her arms too.

"Yeah, right. Your just gonna jump a foot in a half over the bathtub." He snorted in frustration.

"I can get myself in the shower and that's that!"

Kadence sat on Eli's bed, her ankle propped up, and a stubborn look on her face. There was no way in hell he'll be helping her in and out of the shower. Even if he wouldn't see anything, she still didn't need his help. She didn't need anyone's help!

"You'll do what I tell you." He stated catching her eyes and clenching his jaw.

Eli was close to breaking. This woman was going to drive him up a wall. All she did was argue with everything he said today and make sarcastic remarks. He had a lot of patience, but it was the end of his first day with her and it was barely hanging on by a thread. The only thing that she would see soon was his temper.

"No." She kept his gaze and pressed her lips together in a firm line.

"I'm giving you one last chance." He closed his eyes and took a breath. "Let me help you." He said eyes closed and praying she said something that wasn't stubborn.

"No."

That simple word shoved him off the edge and he was passed the point of talking. As calmly as he could force his body to move, he simply walked over to where she lay and roughly throw her over his shoulder in one fluid motion.

--

It was maybe ten o'clock when Liam had hugged her goodnight and left her at Alec's door. Emma understood that he had to. When James called Liam he made it pretty clear that she had to be back in Alec's possession and that he was going to rip Alec a new ass for letting her leave.

But, now here she stood in front of his door and paralyzed. She couldn't believe what she had said to him and now she was afraid of his reaction now. Her hands even shook at her sides. He was just plain scary. Come one, you're being ridiculous! She told herself. With a deep breath her arm slowly extended and she knocked at the door daintily.

Seconds turned into eternity as the door opened ever so slowly.

There stood Alec, all 6 feet of pure sex and muscle. The picture she had in her head of him never could quite get his devilishly good looks right. Of course all he wore was the same pair of black jogging shorts he wore earlier that hung low on his hips, exposing an uncomfortable amount of the deep 'v' his hip bones created. He was still scary.

After a few seconds of intense staring he took a step back and motioned her to walk in. With quick strides she passed him without hesitation.

"I'm sorry." He said suddenly breaking the silence as he shut the door. "Just to let you know I don't mean it. I'm being forced to say it."

She was taken aback for a second and then she saw a vampire lounging on Alec's couch over in the corner of his room. She could only guess that was James. He was a handsome man of course with dark brown hair and eyes to match and was awfully well dressed. He sat there in black dress pants and a white button up with sleeves rolled up to his elbows. He stood up as Emma paused in the hallway.

"I'm James Allenton." He said striding to her to take her hand. "I'm filling in for Collin for a little while." He muttered releasing her hand. "And frankly it sucks." He said eyes fixed on Alec and jaw clenched.

Alec smiled widely back at him.

"Now I'll be going." James walked away and gave Alec another intense stare as he passed. The door slammed and they were alone.

"Jesus Christ, get in the shower." He crinkled his noise. "You smell like you rubbed yourself against Liam."

"Maybe I did." She snapped back at him as she brushed passed him and into the bathroom.

She caught a look of anger in his eyes as she passed.

--

"Collin," Annabeth murmured.

"Hmmm," He replied looking down at her in the pitch black bedroom. Annabeth lay beside Collin, her head propped up by her arm which lay on his chest. They had both just began to drift off when Annabeth decided she couldn't wait any longer to talk.

"What will you do with me and my sisters when this all finally boils over?" She whispered moving her arm and setting her ear against his bare chest. She could hear his slow steady heart beat, for some reason it was calming. That only made this harder.

"Believe me, I've been thinking about that a lot." He said sliding his finger tips down her back, his gaze fixed on the ceiling. "All I know is that you're gonna stay with me. I don't think without you being completely mated to me I could handle it quite yet."

"You mean sex right?" She asked.

"Yes."

"Can I ask you something?" Annabeth asked her voice low as she looked away from him.

"Of course," He replied his tone soft and inviting.

"I don't know what we exactly are to each other." She whispered extra low. "But, can we just take a break from this mate thing until this all blows over?"

He sat up quickly causing her to tumble off him unceremoniously. "Take a break from this mate thing?" He nearly growled with his teeth clenched. "Do you have any idea how tight of a reign I have on him just to keep from bending you over?" He continued his eyes hard, she knew by him he meant his vampire. She scooted away from him and could only glare at him unbelieving.

"Collin, I'm sorry." She said jumping up off the bed. She had never seen him this angry at her. It was scary.

He took a breath before he could speak.

"You're not sorry." He mumbled climbing from the bed to face her. "You're basically asking me to fight for you, but then telling me you don't want to get too attached to me in case I die."

Her jaw dropped. What he said was exactly true. "B-but." She stumbled over her words. She could only look up at him in shock.

"Yeah, you didn't think I'd figure it out." He walked back over to the bed. "But, you know what? I'll do it. But, my friends don't exactly get the treatment my mate does." He explained, it nearly sounded threatening.

Grabbing a pillow off the bed he threw in on the couch followed by a blanket that was folded up at the end of the bed. He wasn't even going to sleep in the same bed with her, great. With speed so fast she could barely see him he turned the lights back off and crawled on the couch. She was so shocked she just stood there a few moments in the complete darkness contemplating what she had just done. She had just possibly ruined the best thing that had ever walked into her life.

--

Kadence stood underneath the showerhead letting steamy water beat onto her back as she balanced on one leg. She had been done nearly five minutes ago, yet Eli sat on the toilet a mere foot away. He didn't even trust her enough to yell for him when she was done. Taking a deep breath she reached forward and turned off the water.

Not a second later a towel was draped across the shower rod. Taking it quickly she wrapped it around herself and dragged the shower curtain open. She came face to face with Eli. He stood looked angry and like he wouldn't take any shit.

Without wasting a second he bent over and prepared to throw her over his shoulder as he had done earlier.

"Eli." She said quietly like a young girl afraid of being scolded. She was stubborn and very difficult, but she tended to forgot he was a vampire and could make her do anything he liked. It brought her down a notch, for now.

"What?" He muttered slowly, frustration still in his tone.

"Could pick me up the other way?" She asked looking at him. The last thing she wanted was to be thrown over his shoulder again and his arm touch her in places she preferred not to be touched by him.

"Fine." He mumbled quickly.

Five minutes later she was dressed and in bed. Kadence had a feeling this wasn't going to be an easy time with Eli.

--

The morning light had just begun to sift through the flimsy white curtains when a sudden door slam caused Annabeth to jerk her head up from the pillow. It was James.

"What the hell are you doing on the couch?" James asked. "Ah, first fight eh?"

Collin sat up in his gray boxers and scratched his head. "Read my mind." He stated looking up at him with one eye closed his voice husky from sleep.

James peered into his mind into the memories and watched his memory of last night like a video clip. "I'm sorry," was the only thing he could think of to say. He couldn't personally imagine his mate Stella asking him that. Well, with two vampires they both felt the same way about each other.

"Well, you barged in what the hell do you want?" Collin asked leaning forward and rubbing his eyes.

"It's on Collin. Paula at the front desk told me some dark haired guy with lime green eyes gave this to her this morning at dawn. "He explained throwing an already opened envelope with his name written on the front into his lap.

His hands moved quickly as he tore the letter out of the envelope and unfolded it. His eyes moved quickly to scan the letter. It was even hand written:

"Prepare Yourself.

Gustavo Galvani"

Collin growled audible standing up, crumbling the letter in his hand.

"I've already got a plan." James said putting his hands up. "Hugo down at the car lot has already brought two four-wheel drive trucks down to the front parking lot. I've contacted Eli and Alec and their packing Emma and Kadence up. I had Hugo stash a thousand bucks cash in the glove boxes, and programmed the GPS's to the coordinates of two different secluded safe houses."

"Do you really think it's best to split them up?" Collin asked contemplating the idea himself, while trying to maintain calmness.

"I've been thinking of that to, but the more discreet the better. Just think if we sent half the Elites and her sisters up there, the scent trail would be easy as hell to find. Just one vampire and one girl equals a virtually invisible scent trail considering where I'm sending them is far enough away to smudge there scents alone." James explained tapping his foot impatiently the entire time.

"You're right." Collin stated rubbing the back of his neck. "Go make sure everything is in place, I want them gone a quickly as possible."

The next thing they knew he was gone and Annabeth was sitting up in bed staring intently at him.

"Get up. I've got business to attend to and you're coming with me." He said his voice hard as he headed to the bathroom.

--

"What's going on?" Emma asked her eyes wide as she watched Alec throw some warm clothes in a duffle bag. He wore dark wash jeans and a white t-shirt and still looked incredibly sexy. Still scary, but the scariest part was that he could read minds. Liam hadn't spared a single detailed about him last night at their short dinner.

He had told her to pack to, which was already done. Since, all she owned fit into a large shopping bag. Its contents included a tooth brush, tooth paste, hair brush, soap, and clothes and under garments.

"Oh, were talking nice again?" Alec snapped like a bratty teenager stuffing his boxers into the bag.

"This is serious, stop being immature." She crossed her arms standing in the doorway with her bag. She only bothered to throw a bra and shorts on for this 'road trip' he had previously said they were going on.

"That's funny, five century year old being immature." He said completely the void of humor.

"This isn't funny. Alec, I'm scared. Just please tell me." She said softly.

There it was, the thing that his vampire couldn't resist protecting, vulnerability. He froze and his other side had a go at him before he continued packing. "James told me that Galvani sent a letter that said "Prepare Yourself", so they want you and your sister out as they prepare and most likely fight."

"Why do they want us out?" She asked watching him intently as he zipped up his bag and faced her.

"Collin is preparing for the worst, if they can't defeat them." He said walking over to where she was. Getting into her personal space.

"Then, why is Annabeth staying with him?" She questioned, her breath quickening as his close proximity.

"If I had to guess, he hasn't mated her yet. It's only instinct to not let her out of his sight." Alec explained walking past her and into the bathroom. He emerged a second later.

"Thank you," She said lowly, "for explaining everything to me."

--

Hey guys, :)

Hope you enjoyed. Sorry this chapter isn't very hot, working my way to it. I promise the next chapters will make up for it. ;) Thanks for reading and any comments or rates!

SSG