It Was Just a Short Story

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She had known they would have sex when they returned to their suite. His ardor thrilled and excited her. His ability to get hard and stay hard delighted and amazed her. They fucked everywhere and every way. She had at first thought that her favorite had been a delightfully nasty ass fuck out on the terrace a few yards away from the crashing surf.

She had accommodated his ample fuck tool with no discomfort that second time he had taken her anally. She had even sucked him after and it had not been remotely repugnant. Later they had gone down and stood in the warm surf and he had taken her little pussy from behind. In the early dawn hours, he had made love to her. She was glad he did but also somehow wished he hadn't. This was not about love and his tenderness almost allowed her to lose her grip on that reality.

On Sunday, they dined on fine food, walked on the beach and screwed almost hourly. He bought her nice things. She had told him that she needed to be home by five since Chad would be dropped off by his father at six.

He had held her tightly and kissed her tenderly just inside the doorway of her modest apartment. "I'm gone for the week and next weekend I'm with my kids. I'll stay in touch. The following weekend is a holiday --- three day weekend. Can you get away or..."

She nodded. "Chad is with his dad that weekend. Sure."

"Let's plan on dinner sometime during that week. I've got a couple of late dinner meetings I can't blow off."

"Sounds nice," she had whispered, wondering if this was the beginning of how he would end it.

Monday morning an impressive bouquet of exquisite roses was delivered to her desk accompanied by a short but sweet note. Her co-workers were impressed. Her boss even got a tear in his eye. Debbie was a special girl; he hoped that whoever the man was he would never hurt her. Two evenings later a courier delivered a little blue box with a hand tied bow to her apartment. Inside were earrings, classically simple diamond studs. The following evening during a break from her part time job at the mall she entered the store whose signature was that little blue box.

"These are a gift from a friend; I need to have them insured. How much will it cost to have them appraised?"

"Let me take a look," said the mildly officious but very professional salesman. "They're definitely ours --- here take a look through the scope. That's our mark and serial number micro-laser engraved on each. I can look them up on the computer and tell you exactly what they are worth...no charge since we sold them or at least our company did.

"We don't carry anything of this quality here; while no diamond is truly flawless, these are as close as it gets. I'm a licensed gemologist and I can't find a flaw. Generally with stones like these only the man who cut the gems knows. The clarity is as good as I've ever seen. Let me see...ah! Here they are! Five thousand and change...each; I'll print it off for you."

She thanked him, reinserted them in her pierced ears and walked back to work. Earrings worth close to what she made in six months? Were they a token because he had enjoyed her mouth, cunt and ass more than others? Was this a typical playmate gift? Was this to make her feel that she had "gotten her money's worth" by being so accommodating and easy? Was it the beginning of the end?

He called her for dinner on Tuesday the following Monday. She called her ex-husband and asked if Chad could spend the night and if there would be any problem getting him to school. Fortunately any animosity between them had quickly faded following the divorce. He was more than happy to oblige and thanked her for letting him be a part of Chad's normal routine. She thought Robert might want to spend the night and wanted to be prepared. In spite of herself she felt a twinge of Midwestern guilt when she realized how much she had missed his cock.

He had greeted her at the door tenderly and affectionately; she was wearing another outfit he had bought her that she had not had the chance to wear at the resort. He asked about Chad; she told him. He asked her if she could spend the night.

"Where do you live?"

"I have a place here; it's a high rise downtown and not really what I like. Ultimately I need to find or build something more permanent. I'm in the throes of moving much of my business to this city. It's a booming market and it's within an hour of my ex-wife and my children."

She thanked him for the earrings at dinner. They dined at another five star restaurant which had private desert rooms. He was pleased that she had remembered and not donned underwear. He had fingered her cunt while kissing her and she had cum quickly. The rooms were completely private and he had made it clear to the waiter that they didn't want to be disturbed. She had leaned over, unzipped his fly and blown him right there. He had cum in her mouth; she had swallowed, feeling deliciously slutty at what she had done.

They went dancing again not far from the restaurant; the fairytale had been rekindled at least for another night and the weekend that would follow. They walked a short distance to the lobby of one of the newest and most glamorous of the new sky scrapers gracing the young city's skyline.

He inserted a card into a slot by what seemed to be a special elevator. They were soon hurtling skyward in their private glass and steel gondola on an exterior corner of the building. He held her and kissed her; he pushed the tight skirt she was wearing up to her hips and slid his strong hands along the crease between her prefect cheeks and rimmed her tightly wound little muscle. She wanted him there.

"Can you stop this thing?" she whispered.

Wordlessly he did so and they were suspended almost seven hundred feet above the city. She opened her small purse and rummaged through its spare contents. Lip balm? A little menthol...that might be interesting.

"Here! It's the best I can do...don't skimp...then fuck me in the ass. You like to fuck me in the ass, don't you, Robert? The little shop girl has a really, hot tight little ass and you were the first man and the only man that's ever made her take his hard cock inside there. You want me that way --- admit it! Say it!"

"I want to fuck your hot, tight little ass."

"Say please?"

"Please, Debbie, let me fuck you in the ass!"

"I don't want to feel your wool trousers against by ass...take 'em...no, take everything off. And then, push my skirt up and put your cock where you want to put it...where I want you to put it...fuck me in the ass, Robert!"

She knew she turned him on; she also knew that this time he was almost crazed with desire for her...or at least for her hot little chute. He was naked, on his knees, adoring her dirty little hole with his mouth. Her fingers found her folds. One of his stroked her perineum as he tongue fucked her rear.

"I want to cum like this before you sodomize me...I'm very close.... yesssssss!"

She felt his fingers back there; she felt the cool glow of the lip balm and then she felt his cock. He was not as gentle as he had been at the resort; she didn't need or want him to be. She came again and almost a third time when she felt his hot cream splash her insides. His still stiff organ slipped out of her. "Hurry!" she said. "I don't want to mess up the carpet...hit that up button!"

"No need to hurry." He had said, almost calmly. "Bend over again." And then he had done the nastiest thing any man had ever done. Spreading her full butt cheeks with his strong hands he had relieved her backside of its viscous deposit...he'd sucked his cum out of her ass as a finger crept around her hip and found her turgid little clit. The sheer depravity coupled with the actions of his talented finger brought her off again. She turned around, slipped to her knees and kissed him before he could protest.

"That was a new experience for me; I've never done that before. I wasn't sure...but it was quite satisfying," he said, as if he were talking about trying a new putter.

"Very unexpected, Robert; you've introduced me to one more step downward toward total depravity. At least this time it was a first for both of us. Glad you didn't find it repugnant, my man; I may expect that kind of service in the future."

Robert retrieved his trousers and hit the button to restart their upward journey. The elevator actually opened into the entrance hallway of what was certainly his apartment... his eight-hundred-feet-above-the-city glass-walled apartment.

She strode around confidently, taking in the incredible vista. She stood in the middle of the expansive elevated living room, turned toward him, cocked her hip and spoke. "You have got to be kidding me."

"Welcome to my humble abode?" he said with a sheepish grin.

"Yeah, right!"

"Where do you work, Debbie?"

"Let me see if I can get my bearings...there it is! Damn I almost have to put my nose against the glass to see it from up here! That decidedly short and unimpressive structure two or three blocks south south east."

"How do you know that's south south east?"

"Sixth sense, I pay attention...I don't know?"

"You are right, of course."

"A drink?"

"Why not?"

"Single malt?"

"The only malt I've ever had involved milk, syrup and ice cream but I bet I'm about to learn something new and exciting --- am I right?"

"That you are! And for the record, I love you when you're sassy, in my face and pushing back. It becomes you."

Sure he had said, "I love you" but more like, "I love cotton candy," than really, "I love you, Debbie," so she let it pass.

"Why do you live where you do? It's a hike to work and not even that convenient to your ex-husband."

"Low crime, decent schools, and far better than I could afford in the city."

"I want you to move; there are apartments in this building that would be perfect for you; there are several excellent schools within walking distance and this is one of the lowest crime rate cities in the country."

"Is this the next stage in my becoming a concubine?" she asked.

"I didn't mean it that way," he said, appearing a little hurt. "What's your current rent?"

"Seven hundred a month."

"Then I'll charge you rent --- seven hundred a month."

"You've got to be kidding!"

"I'm not and I can even ensure that you'll have a no change infinite lease so that it never goes up regardless of..." He trailed off, avoiding the elephant in the room.

"I couldn't possibly..."

"Yes, you could! Come on!"

"Where are we going?"

"To check out your new apartment. Bring your drink if you like."

They got back on the special elevator and descended two hundred and fifty feet to what was obviously a residential floor. He entered a code into the keypad on the door of an apartment and ushered her in.

"This is completely furnished. Is this a model?"

"No, it comes like this. If you don't like the décor, it can be redone."

"Only a complete idiot would change anything here. My, my, almost as exquisite as your view!"

"It includes all utilities."

"No, way!"

"Way!"

"It certainly would be convenient if you got the urge for a little shop girl pussy or just got lonely up in the pent house."

She detected that same almost hurt feelings look but it quickly vanished.

"I told you, I'm not really a city pent house kind of boy. Once I move out, we'll keep it vacant in case I need to stay in the city or we need to put up VIPs but I want something decidedly more bucolic."

"A country boy at heart?"

"Without question; I like open spaces better than city lights."

"Ever been to Kansas?"

"I've never had the pleasure."

"Lots of open spaces."

"Will you give me a tour some time?"

"You are kidding! Look, I grew up in a small town you never heard of outside of Topeka. As desolate and rural as it is, I admit I miss aspects of it but there is not a hell of a lot to do there other than grow crops, tend livestock and preach the gospel."

"I'd love to see where you grew up."

"You are patronizing me."

She was in his arms before she even realized it and his soft lips were joined with hers. "I would never do that to you, Debbie. I would never hurt you and I will never lie to you."

She broke away and took his hands in hers. "I like you, Robert—what's not to like --- but don't do this, please don't. You would be a very easy man to fall for and we both know that is not where this is going. I've never had as much fun—enjoyed myself more --- as I have with you over the past few weeks. You found the woman inside the scared little shop girl and I will always be thankful to you for that. You also unleashed a sexuality that I wouldn't have guessed was inside me in a million years and I'm not remotely comfortable in that suit of clothes --- yet."

"You are one of the most remarkably articulate people I've ever met. You have a way of expressing yourself that is quite delightful. You don't have a fake --- or mean—bone in your body. You are a good soul with a big heart and I am a better man than I ever expected to be from having known you."

She kissed him softly. "Very sweet and on the edge of being much too serious; let's not go there...please?" She was almost pleading.

They returned to the pent house, quickly got naked and spent another wonderfully lusty night together. She was beginning to get over her embarrassment at how slutty she could be with this man; she was thoroughly enjoying the feeling.

As he again made love to her in the early dawn light she knew that she, not Robert would be the one who would have to end it. It was getting too comfortable; she was too close --- if not already over the line --- to really caring for --- even loving this special man. He was definitely developing feelings for her.

They were barely of the same species. There was no future for them. It would be time to end the fairy tale during or after their next weekend together at what she was sure would be another play ground of the wealthy and important. She would stall on the invitation to move to the new apartment; she didn't belong there.

As they lay in each other's arms just before daybreak, he spoke. "Do you get home to see your folks very often?"

"Not as often as I might like. I make jokes but my parents are salt of the earth kind of people albeit steeped in religious Midwestern morality. We --- two brothers --- never wanted for anything growing up. They were strict but terribly loving parents. Since Dad works every Sunday, they only came here once right after Chad was born. They were disappointed in the divorce but never judgmental; they never blamed me. If truth be told, I don't think my father ever thought my ex was good enough for me; I got married way too young. I've only gone home once since then; it's pretty expensive and it's a thousand miles away."

"Would you ever go back there --- to live?"

"Visit, yes, live --- no! And it's not because there are any bad memories; I grew up healthy and happy there. I miss the openness of the land, the bright, star filled winter sky and other things. In spite of all that openness, I felt strangled and almost held back by expectations. Maybe it was all me but...someplace like it that isn't it? Sure. Where did you grow up?"

"Decidedly east of you, Pennsylvania and then Ohio but both have that same Midwestern feel. Dad turned down opportunities to go to major heart centers in the big cities. In essence he made the hospital he works with one of the top open heart centers in the country. He's fifteen minutes from work --- it's a University hospital --- but actually lives on a small working farm. It's a throwback to his childhood. He doesn't work the farm; he has a manager do that but sometimes he can't help himself and he'll don a pair a gloves and use his million dollar hands to throw bales of hay around."

"He sounds like a pretty neat guy," Debbie said softly.

"He is and a hell of a lot of fun to be with. He and Mom aren't remotely judgmental and they were --- are --- fantastic parents. It's a funny coincidence; he did everything but tell me that my marriage to my ex was not the smartest thing I'd ever done. He never came out and said it and neither of them was ever anything but loving to her. Fortunately we had an amiable divorce which hasn't been as hard on the kids as many are."

"Does she work?"

"She's a lawyer; she worked for my mother. That's how we met."

Robert dropped Debbie back at her apartment in plenty of time to get ready for work and drive back to the city. He would be out of town until he picked her up early on Friday morning. She did not have to be back at work until Tuesday.

"Where are we going?"

"Pack light; if we need anything we'll buy it. It's a surprise."

The following day she begged out of her mall job and asked her boss at the mortgage company for the afternoon off. She had never asked before and she was well ahead of schedule on all of her mortgages. He made it clear that she should never be afraid to ask again in the future.

She had an initial consultation for one hour which would cost her fifty dollars with a criminal attorney. She had been told that future hours, if she decided to retain council would be charged at $300 per hour. One hour would, she thought, be adequate.

"It's very nice to meet you, Debbie; I'm Amanda Blake; please call me Mandy. How can we help you?"

Amanda Blake was taller by at least a couple inches than Debbie and a very striking brunette. She would have fit perfectly at the resort or in the penthouse.

"I don't really have any legal problems, Ms. --- Mandy --- certainly not criminal ones. If this is inappropriate, please tell me and I'll --- no hard feelings I hope. I've been going out with your ex-husband for the past month or so. I don't have any sense that it's leading somewhere serious but it has been fun. In point of fact, I'm planning to break it off. Not because I don't enjoy his company but because I think we both knew it was just a fling and I need to move on with my life. I'm divorced; I have a four year old son. He seems like a pretty nice guy. Before we go our separate ways, my curiosity..."

"Debbie! Wow, it took some guts to walk in my door! First, there are no hard feelings --- animosity --- between Robert and me. We are committed to our two children and to ensuring that they don't suffer due to our failings."

"Failings?"

"Debbie, I genuinely believe that Robert and I will remain friends... it's how we started. His mother --- also a lawyer --- gave me my first job out of law school. You should also know that Robert and I went to high school together. We never really dated; I was decidedly skinny and gawky and he was the QB of the football team but we were both scholarly in high school and brushed up against each other. We became non-romantic friends. A couple of years after he got out of college --- grad school --- he moved back home. His business was just starting to click; he had put together an industrial park proposal—which his firm won --- and we started spending time together. One thing led to another..."

"And you got married?"

"And very quickly, very pregnant. Debbie, it's sometimes very hard to put all the pieces together when a marriage falls apart; you've been there and I sense that you understand. Our careers didn't help; I sometimes wonder if he proposed so that I would stay there --- even though within a few months of our wedding he was away an awful lot. I'd always wanted to be a stay-at-home mommy through the first four years; I got pregnant again within a year so I essentially played mommy --- which I loved --- for five years." Mandy paused.

"I'm sorry; it does get to me at times. Look, Debbie, the real issue is, we were great friends and were --- and are --- good parents. But neither one of really ever was in love with the other one. It had nothing to do with sex." Mandy blushed and chuckled. "We had good sex...great sex! But we were just going through the motions of being husband and wife. We both assumed that we could work at it --- that we would fall in love --- be in love. After all, our parent's generation often married not being in love and fell in love years later. We never did." She paused. "Do you think he is in love with you?"