It Wasn’t My Fault

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
clinton09
clinton09
1,687 Followers

We got quite a shock. Her old man HAD heard from mom's old high school enemy, the one at the re-union who spotted a ringer (i.e. me). She also followed us to that alcove. She didn't get past the locked door, but she snooped well enough to figure out two and two. That was prime gossip and she wasn't about to sit on it.

He was going to do a quickie divorce the next day, getting a sweetheart deal in that little town controlled by his judge and lawyer friends.

Mom was panicked. I told her to cool down and think. I then broke into a big smile.

All of their assets were in a joint home and joint accounts. This re-union was at the state capital, so all banks were nearby. I had mom get there at 9am, sharp. So, while HE was at the attorney's office, spending half a day getting the documents in order, WE were emptying all accounts. Possession IS 9/10ths of the law: ask any attorney.

In the end, mom returned 40% for the settlement, which was fair. She also got her maiden name back. After I left for college, she quietly sold the old home and moved to the capital near her friends. Then, she quietly moved even further west. Just by coincidence, this was in the same state, in fact the same town, where I was matriculating in college.

Within five years, we had our own little home by a mountain lake, our own Nevada marriage license, and five wonderful children. It was a happy ending and, unlike the tales of success at that high school re-union, 100% true...

clinton09
clinton09
1,687 Followers
12