It's a Dead Man's World Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Evil Alpaca
Evil Alpaca
3,670 Followers

"I'll come by as soon as I get back," Veronica said, almost as disturbed by their pending separation as the vampire was. "I promise. Don't do anything rash while I'm gone," she added. She leaned over and they exchanged a kiss that was far too short in both their minds. Then Veronica put her helmet on, revved up her engine and vanished down the road. Eliza couldn't help but feel a little bitter, having hoped her days of being 'the one left behind' were past. But she buried that feeling as deep as she could. "This one is different," she reminded herself. "This one loves me." That made her feel better. She went back inside to talk to her team about ideas on how they could find the remaining jewels.

-------------- ------------------

Three days later . . .

-------------- ------------------

Eliza was walking around the property with Dennis and Allyson in the middle of the night. They had all gotten frustrated, unable to find an algorithm that accounted for the distances between the dimensional rift and the jewels that had been found. They had utilized chronological, geometric and linear models, but nothing was working. So everyone had taken a break, and the three of them had decided they need some air.

The vampire was surprised that she hadn't been sharing dreams with Veronica yet. She guessed that the two of them being together had been a bit of a mental 'fix' for both of them. She kind of wished that the dreams would start again. She missed her lover.

Suddenly, a pain unlike anything she had ever felt rocketed through her brain. For one, horrible moment, she 'saw' darkness, felt fear, heard a terrible screen and then . . . and then Eliza passed out, crashing into the ground. A panicked Allyson and Dennis tried to revive her, and Dennis began screaming into his communicator about something. When Eliza started to come to her senses, she had a feeling of absolute despair rising up from her gut. Something had gone wrong. She knew it in her bones and in her soul. Something had happened to Veronica. Then she felt a blinding pain to the back of her skull. After that, the only thing Eliza saw was darkness.

----------------- -----------------

To be continued . . .

Evil Alpaca
Evil Alpaca
3,670 Followers