It's About Time

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The crew was immediately swept backstage to meet the bands as they prepared for the show that was to start in 30 minutes because supposedly, one of their tickets had been drawn in a raffle. This just sent CJ over the moon and she was flabbergasted at how down to Earth these rock stars were. She did wonder, though, why every single one of them had a knowing and mischievous grin on their face when she was introduced.

As the show was about to start, James, CJ, Isabel, and Chad were herded to their spots directly in front of the stage. CJ repeatedly told James that she was having the best night of her life and she loved him so much for doing this. He just smiled and he told himself that it was just going to get better for her.

The bands continued to play, the crowd sang and danced along, and James became increasingly more nervous as the last band of the night came ever closer to playing the last song of the night. The song they were playing just for them. Before he knew it, it was time for the real show of the evening to begin.

"Now, before we play the final song that'll end this fantastic evening here in the Lone Star state, can James O'Connor and Callie Jo Davison come up here on stage!" the lead singer said. After they'd been helped on to the stage by a couple of the stage crew, he continued. "For those of you that don't know, this lucky couple and their friends won the 'Meet the Bands' raffle we had tonight. And before they were shuffled out to join the crowd, James asked if it wouldn't be out of line to ask if we could play a song for his quote 'magnificent and beautiful girlfriend' end quote. Now, of course, being the gentlemen that we are, we couldn't refuse such a polite request. So, Miss Callie Jo, this one's for you…" he trailed off, as the opening riffs to "The Best in Me" and CJ turned to James.

"Baby! You are amazing!! I can't believe you asked them to dedicate my absolute favorite song to me!" she yelled over the music, as she proceeded to give him a huge hug.

"Hey, I will do anything for you, love. Don't you ever forget this. You hear me?" he replied. He quickly stole a kiss that elicited many oh's and awe's and wolf calls from the audience since they were still on stage. "Oh, now listen, this is my favorite part," James whispered.

CJ spun around to face the band and James put arms his around her shoulders and his head by her ear and he began to sing along as the chorus talked about how this girl was making his life better.

"And now, just for these two lovebirds!" the lead singer shouted over the music, as the band went on to the new chorus they'd added, per James' request.

And now that I got this all figured out
I finally got you closer to me
I just got one thing to ask of you
I've loved you for all of this time
And I'll never let you go, darling
So, CJ, will you marry me?
So, CJ, will you marry me?

CJ turned around to look James in his brilliant blue eyes as the music played and the band finished the song. Her eyes began to water and she just smiled. CJ put her hands on his face trying to soothe away the worry lines that were quickly appearing because of her lack of response.

"James, that was the most breathtakingly beautiful and most lovely thing anyone has ever done. I can't believe you went through all this trouble! You are the love of my life, dear. Of course I'll marry you!"

With that she kissed him passionately on the lips before he slipped down on his knee, pulled the ring out of his pants pocket and slid it onto her finger. The entire building then burst into jubilation as the newly-engaged couple locked in a kiss to show that she accepted.

While they caught their breath between kisses, CJ managed, "Yeah, best band, best night, best man ever. I love you."

"I love you too, CJ."