It's All About Faith Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I know what you mean. Here's another one, what are we going to tell Buck and Anita? They're sure to ask questions about our little get away."

"There isn't much we can tell them other than we did what we said we'd do, and that we spent a little time resting in a small town. Hiding out would be a good phrase to use I think."

"That's about it too. I feel like I want or need to talk to somebody about everything, but Anita isn't the one."

"Hell, I can't think of anybody we know that we could ever share our stories with. This is all between you and me period."

Once again they dropped into their own world as Mitch picked on his computer and Layla tried to read. Tried because every minute or two she would look up from her book and go into a blank stare as some thought jumped into her mind and lingered before releasing her again.

When Mitch came out for something to drink Layla asked him, "What have you been up to?"

"Oh I found your notes that you wrote in the car, and I was putting them into the computer and adding my memories and reflections at the end."

"I'll be anxious to read that."

"Maybe you'll want to add some too."

"You done?"

"For now, I'm taking a break, so I can keep my thinking straight and at least somewhat objective."

"Then I'll work on it for a little while," and once again their home became quiet. No TV, no music and not even any neighborhood sounds. Layla was at the computer for quite awhile before she emerged and said, "Okay, break time for me too, honey. I found what you wrote and it was very interesting by the way."

"Any revelations?"

"Not revelations per se, but, oh, maybe enlightenment or expansion on what I already knew or suspected. I think it's good for us to do that. In fact, I think we should continue doing it as therapy. The more we can open up or verbalize, the easier it will be for us to sort it all out in our minds. It's better because when I ask you a question, either you digress, or, I'll ask another one before you've finished answering the first one, and you do the same with me."

"I married you for your smarts and your beauty and once again you prove I did well." She kissed his cheek and headed for the kitchen, swinging her ass as she went. Then Anita called.

Layla saw the caller ID and answered saying, "To whom do you wish to speak."

"Very funny, how was the trip?"

"Very...I was going to say relaxing, but maybe liberating and interesting would be a better way to put it."

"Buy any antique treasures?"

"Oh I shopped and bought, but not antiques."

"Oh really, tell me more." Layla silently cursed herself for saying that and paused before answering.

"Oh a skirt, a couple of tops, slacks and panties. Nothing exciting but I had fun."

"Shopping is always fun. How did Mr. Mitch deal with the shopping?"

"He was fine. He even helped me when he could."

"Now that's one time I should have been with you two." As strong as the urge was she couldn't share the responses she had in mind.

Instead she settled with, "You would have been impressed to say the least."

"So what was different about those shops?"

"Oh...you know different brands and styles." And the open dressing area jumped into her mind, but she went on with, "I bought the most decadent and sexy panties. They are so comfortable too."

"Sounds like you did have fun."

"I did."

"And Mitch?"

"He had a good time too. Talked to a lot of people and explored some local scenery. Neither of us thought about work for an instant the whole time."

"Now that's a perfect get away. So are you going to invite us over for coffee?"

"Oh...sure of course, come over, we'll be right here."

"See you in half an hour or so." Layla hung up the phone and raced to the computer room. She had to talk to Mitch before their company arrived.

"Mitch," she called out as she turned the corner, "Buck and Anita are on their way over. They want to hear about our getaway."

His fingers still paused over the keyboard he said, "Oh. Okay then we better run through a few things," and he turned to face Layla. "Okay we have to decide what we'll tell them, and how we'll tell them."

"I told her we relaxed and never even thought about work. That we did some shopping and you even helped me. I told her...let me think...that you checked out the local scenery," and Mitch burst out laughing as she smiled at him.

"You didn't tell her that."

"Yes I did and it wasn't a lie. They are going to have questions and if we're too evasive we will either hurt their feelings or we'll just prompt more questions."

"Okay um...the little town was charming and the people, though reserved at first, embraced us and made us feel welcome. How's that for starters?"

"Yes like that. I think we can tell them some things but just play them down a little or use vague phrases like you just did."

"What if they want to go there, then what?"

Then Layla's face bloomed into a smile. "Then I think we shouldn't discourage that. Whatever they experience doesn't mean that's what we experienced. It would be fascinating to see if they admit to anything they see or do, assuming anything happens for them of course."

"Well if Anita goes shopping, she's going to be surprised to say the least. I mean remember Jim and Delia."

"Oh shit," but her smile continued. "I'm feeling so devilish right now."

"You better be careful honey or you'll get in over your head."

"I'll be careful and proper...but I'm going to have fun too."

"I'll be the straight guy and follow your lead."

"Okay, then we have a plan. I'll go make the coffee."

"And change your clothes."

"Oh my God, yes of course. I'm so comfortable I forgot."

"Buck would stroke out if he saw you like that."

1...5678910