It's All About Timing

Story Info
Long-time friends become lovers.
5.3k words
4.46
41.6k
2

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 01/22/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Timing. It was always about timing, Sandy thought, as she sat at her desk working on her calendar. It was the week before Valentine's Day, and although she had a date with her husband whom she loved dearly, he wasn't the man she knew she should be with. Since it was just past noon, which meant everyone was out grabbing lunch, Sandy gave herself a few minutes to stretch out and spend some time with her memories. Closing her eyes, she thought about Richard, as she'd done for years.

She met Richard when she was still in her early 20s and working at her first serious job at a real design house. It didn't take long for her to fall in love with him. He was funny, spontaneous, and a wonderful help to Sandy as she learned all about the business. The only problem was Richard was married, and his wife was a bitch who accused him of cheating, even though he never did. Sandy flirted shamelessly with Richard, and since they spent a lot of time together running out to see clients or working on projects off-site at the design center, she thought she could convince him to sleep with her. Even though the sexual innuendos flew between them like fastballs, it just never happened because Richard was honest and dedicated to his marriage. Sandy both hated him and loved him for that. The funny thing was, all her co-workers swore they were sleeping together because they all saw the chemistry between them; but the harder Sandy protested, the more insistent they were. Richard always shrugged it off; let them talk, he said; he and Sandy knew the truth.

The day Sandy found out Richard was leaving to take a new position at a more prestigious firm, she cried for weeks. Sandy felt they belonged together, and Richard's leaving meant it would never happen. Ironically, Richard's last day was February 14th, Valentine's Day, and when they parted, Richard promised he would see her again someday; that their friendship was something he cherished, and he would never forget her. That night, Sandy went home and drank herself to sleep; not one of her favorite Valentine's Day memories.

A few years later, Richard called Sandy and told her he was going into business for himself, and wanted her to be part of his team. Without a second thought, Sandy quit and joined Richard, who upped both her position and her salary. By this time, Sandy was engaged to Eric, and thought she was over Richard. But when they started working together again, the sexual chemistry came right back, along with the innuendos and the playfulness, which meant Sandy had to spend a fair amount of energy pushing her feelings out of her heart and mind; she was engaged, and Richard was still married.

The day she and Eric were painting the kitchen in their first home days before the wedding, the phone call came that Sandy would never forget. Richard called to say his wife had run off to Italy, and then called him and said she wanted a divorce because she found someone else. Richard was devastated, and Sandy's heart sank, because she knew she was with Eric and couldn't leave him for Richard, even though she should have. Once again, bad timing reared its ugly head.

Sandy enjoyed working with and for Richard, and they both became successful design consultants. They were well known in the industry for their professionalism, sense of humor, and willingness to tackle the tough jobs no one else wanted. It was a reputation hard earned.

Sandy maintained her fantasies about Richard, even after she was married to Eric and Richard remarried to Jessica, but she loved dreaming up ideas where and how she would seduce him, because she believed it would happen eventually. She felt she knew every inch of his muscular body since she'd dreamed about it so much, even though she'd never seen anything more than his bare chest. Richard wasn't model pretty, but his soft green eyes, round face, and amazing smile melted her every time she looked at him. And Sandy knew her huge tits kept Richard's eyes entertained on many occasions. Her dark brown hair over the years switched between shoulder length and twice that, because she knew Richard liked it longer. In fact, she felt she knew Richard better than anyone else, including Eric, and Richard felt he knew her better than any other woman, as well. They truly belonged together, but life—and timing—being what it is, wasn't letting that happen.

Sandy heard noises outside her office, and when she glanced at the clock, it was almost 1:00 p.m.! So much for lunch, Sandy thought. She had work to do, and she and Richard had a meeting in a few hours, which meant reminiscing time was over.

Just as Sandy was heading up the hall to Richard's office, he was walking out to greet her. "Sandy," Richard said, grabbing her arm and turning her back down the hall toward her office. "Let's go back to your office and check your calendar. I just got a phone call that may turn into the biggest account we've ever had. We need to fly to New York next week to meet with the clients."

In her office, Sandy and Richard figured out that they'd have to leave on Sunday to get to New York and prepare for Tuesday's meeting. They could fly home on the 15th, or, Sandy thought, she just might take a few days' vacation and spend the time shopping in the city, one of her favorite places to visit. "You know this means we'll be gone over Valentine's Day, don't you? Will Jessica be angry?" Sandy asked.

"I hope not; especially if we get this account," said Richard. "Then she and I could go to Hawaii for a few weeks before we knuckle down to work on the project. But how about Eric? Will he be mad you're spending the most romantic day of the year with another man?" Richard grinned.

"Yeah, right," Sandy laughed. "Eric doesn't have a jealous bone in his body, which pisses me off sometimes, but he knows we've been friends for years and nothing has ever happened; plus he understands that we have to travel sometimes to do our jobs, and, let's face it, he's not all that romantic anyway," Sandy replied, glancing out the window, averting her eyes from Richard, knowing that he was one of the most romantic men she'd ever known, judging by the wonderful things he did for his first wife, as well as Jessica, whom Sandy at least liked better than the first bitch.

Because she was going away with Richard, as well as spending Valentine's Day with him, Sandy spent the rest of the week in a great mood. Even though she knew nothing would happen between them sexually, she was thrilled to have him to herself for so much time. The five-hour flight to New York—first-class accommodations, thank you, Richard—was something she was looking forward to. Just sitting next to him made her happy.

Sandy took that Friday off before the big weekend. She wanted to spend a lot of money on clothes and lingerie, even if it was just to make herself feel good. Sandy, like any reasonable woman, loved shopping, and the only trouble she ever had was finding tops to fit over her large chest. After an all-day buying spree, where she spent way too much money, Sandy was thrilled with her purchases. She found a great turquoise cashmere sweater that complimented her brown eyes perfectly, hugged her size 8 body, and really emphasized her size 36D breasts, which she knew was her best feature next to her long, dark hair. Men couldn't stop staring, and even her husband Eric, whose lack of sexual interest annoyed Sandy, enjoyed them now and then. Sandy even bought a beautiful matching demi bra and panties to wear underneath, which made her feel sexy. A tight gray pencil skirt and 3-inch Stuart Weitzman pumps that set her back more than her first paycheck so many years ago would make her a stunner for the meeting.

She also bought a beautiful dinner dress, since she knew Richard would take her out the 14th because it was the gentlemanly thing to do, romance or no romance. As a matter of fact, she overheard him tell his secretary to book a dinner reservation at The Rainbow Room, one of her favorite spots in the city. The views are stunning, and she felt like high society every time she dined there.

When Sunday morning came, Richard showed up with the hired limo and off they went to the airport. Eric was still sleeping, so she gave him a quick peck before hurrying out the door.

When Sandy checked into her suite at the Waldorf Astoria—another surprise from Richard—she kicked off her shoes, laid on the bed, and thought about the wonderful flight with free-flowing champagne, the long talks about life and love—and sex—she and Richard shared, and what the plan of attack was for this client they needed to win over. Sandy was still a bit drunk—champagne will do it every time—and somewhat horny. She took off her pants, and as she fantasized for the millionth time about Richard, her hand wandered down to her pussy, which was instantly wet, and had been the entire five-hour flight. She slowly slid her fingers up and down her slit, as her nipples hardened from the sensation, as well as from the cool breeze coming through the open window. She thought about Richard's body, and his story of college when he slept with a sister one night and did the other sister the next night. She spread her juices all around her pussy lips, then settled her finger just above her clit, stroking it, circling it, pretending it was Richard's tongue working her into ecstasy. Just as she was about to come, the phone rang. Cursing, she stopped and answered it, knowing it had to be Richard.

It was Eric, just checking to make sure she made it to New York okay. As soon as she hung up, the phone rang again, and this time it was Richard. They made plans to meet for dinner downstairs to go over a bit more work before the final push and rehearsal on Monday.

After dinner and more champagne, Sandy returned to her room, tired and happy, but incredibly frustrated. She didn't know if she could hold out from Richard anymore. She had to have him, and was stunned at his ability to resist her. That night she wore a sheer low-cut silk top that showed off her cleavage and a short but professional skirt with a stunning pair of spiky sandals that turned quite a few heads in the bar and restaurant. She knew Richard looked and admired, but that's as far as it went. As Sandy drifted to sleep after finally giving herself about three good orgasms, she vowed to get Richard on Tuesday, or end it once and for all. She wasn't looking for a relationship, she told herself; she just had to know if Richard could live up to her fantasies—just once.

After long hours on Monday and a quick dinner, since Sandy and Richard didn't finish till after 8 p.m., they both retired to their rooms to get a good night's sleep. Tuesday was going to be a big day for them, and in more ways than one, Sandy thought, as she drifted off to sleep.

When Richard saw Sandy dressed in her gray slim skirt and that tight sweater, he almost choked. She was an amazing woman, and his internal struggle to resist her all these years was the hardest thing he had ever done. He knew she was off-limits, but he still had to be around her. The minute he left his old job to start his new firm, she was first on the hiring list. That was a given. Her scent, her eyes, and yes, those beautiful breasts were the reason he made sure they worked together—a lot. As strong as he was, though, even Richard didn't think he could hold out much longer. Here it was, Valentine's Day, when he should be thinking of Jessica, but all that was running through his head was how Sandy must look under those clothes. Geez, Richard thought, I hope I can get through this meeting without having a heart attack.

"Good morning, Richard," Sandy cheerfully greeted him, knowing that he heartily approved of her outfit, judging by the gaze on his face. If you like this, wait until you see what I have planned for tonight, Sandy giggled to herself. If she couldn't get in his pants on this Valentine's Day, it was never going to happen. As she climbed into the limo, she made sure he got a good look at her butt in the tight skirt. Too bad it wasn't a little shorter, so she could have given him a preview of coming events. But business decorum won out. Besides, she thought, as Richard climbed in after her and shut the door, there's plenty of time for that; plenty of time, she smiled at him knowingly.

The meeting lasted four hours, including lunch, and after it was all over, the clients seemed delighted with their work. Sandy and Richard were exhausted but elated just the same. As they left, they were told they'd have an answer by the end of the week.

"I think it looks pretty good, Sandy," smiled Richard as he grabbed her hand. "You were impressive in there. I know old man Jeffries couldn't take his eyes off you, and I'll take any advantage we can get. We're up against some tough competition."

"Why do you think I wore this new sweater?" laughed Sandy. I'm not above using every, uh, asset, in our possession."

"Well, all we can do now is relax, enjoy the rest of the evening, and think good thoughts," Richard replied. "I booked dinner at the Rainbow Room; is that okay with you?"

"It's wonderful, Richard, thanks for thinking about me," Sandy responded.

"You worked hard on this pitch, and if we get it, you're in for a big bonus, and, by the way," how does Vice President sound?"

Sandy looked at Richard, astonished. "You're kidding, right?" she asked.

"Nope," said Richard. "You've earned it. I guess you'll be wanting a bigger office and a bigger expense account," he grinned.

Sandy couldn't talk she was so moved. She reached over and grabbed Richard, giving him a big hug. As her breasts pressed against his chest, Richard had to remind himself to breathe. What an amazing feeling...he had to know what it felt like without all the clothes between them.

"Okay, you're welcome," Richard said, holding Sandy back a bit; if she held on any longer, he knew he'd explode. "I'll come by your room to pick you up at 8."

"You bet!" exclaimed Sandy, as the limo pulled in front of the hotel. "Can't wait, and I hope you brought the platinum card, because I'm gonna eat my weight in lobster and drink a river of champagne!"

"Uh, maybe I better rethink this VP idea; we don't have the account, yet," Richard laughed, totally charmed by her enthusiasm. He bet that carried over into the sack, as well.

It was 5 o'clock; Richard would be by in three hours. That meant Sandy had a lot of work to do. She laid out her dress, shoes and lingerie, then decided at the last minute she was going to forgo the underwear...if the chance presented itself tonight, that's one less piece of resistance Richard was going to have to overcome, Sandy thought.

After a quick nap, she took a shower and then dressed in her sweats to run down to the salon in the lobby for her scheduled manicure, pedicure, and Brazilian bikini wax. Everything was going to be perfect this Valentine's Day, and that meant her body as well.

At 7:50 p.m., Sandy stood in front of the mirror in her hotel room and gave herself the once over. From top to bottom, even she had to admit she looked stunning. Her long, dark hair was in a beautiful updo, with little white bead pearls strategically placed all over. The satin royal purple evening gown was tied around her neck and the plunging V neckline directed everyone where to look. Even the slit up the side was elegant, not trashy, and the final touches, her stiletto black heels with matching evening bag, finished the outfit. She was glad at that point she decided to spend the extra bucks to have her face professionally made up downstairs. It wasn't cheap, but well worth it. Last but not least, Sandy inserted the diamond stud earrings in her ears that Richard had given to her as a bonus after they landed their last big account. He was so generous and thoughtful. She just had to have him or she'd die. While she waited for the knock on the door, Sandy briefly thought about Eric, but knew this fling with Richard was just something she had to get out of her system.

When Sandy opened the door to her suite, Richard was so stunned he actually stepped back a bit. Before him was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. Her outfit tonight made what she wore to the meeting look like bargain-basement goods. His erection started to grow; luckily, the red roses in his hands covered it up, for now.

"For you, happy Valentine's Day," Richard said, handing Sandy the flowers, and giving her a peck on the cheek.

"They're beautiful, Richard," Sandy replied, taking them from him. She placed them on the table, and called downstairs and asked them to bring up a vase to put the rose in after they left for dinner.

On the elevator ride to the lobby, Sandy stayed close to Richard because it was crowded in there. Everyone else was just as dressed up and looked fabulous.

The Rainbow Room was a short distance from the hotel, so they took a cab over.

Sandy got out first, and moved to the side behind the taxi to give Richard room to exit.

Before she could react, a truck came down the road, tires running through the gutter, and splashing a huge muddy puddle of water all over Sandy, drenching her completely. Her hair was soaked, and all the little bead pearls were plinking on the ground like raindrops. The beautiful satin dress was now brown and spotted, and would never be the same, no matter how many times it was cleaned, and her face, her perfectly made up face, was a big mucky mess. Sandy was so stunned, all she could do was stand there with her mouth wide open. And then she started to cry.

Richard was so angry at the truck driver for what he did to Sandy, he wanted to chase him down the street and strangle him. Instead, he gathered Sandy up, put her back in the taxi with him, and took her back to the hotel.

"Richard, I'm getting mud all over your beautiful suit," sniffed Sandy, who was trying to buck up and stop crying.

"I don't give a damn," said Richard, angrily. "I want to kill that fucking truck driver." He was so mad, his anger was burning inside him; he was mad at the truck driver, and even angrier at himself. He wanted to hold Sandy tight and protect her from the bad things that happened in this world. He knew then and their that he was madly, crazy, unabashedly in love with this woman, and it pained his heart to see her so sad, and made him think how nuts he was that he waited this long to possess her.

"Let's get you out of these clothes," Richard consoled her, as he led her to the bathroom in her suite. Sandy had stopped crying by then, and before she went into the bathroom to take a shower, she tried to lighten up the mood a bit in a desperate attempt to salvage the evening. "I guess," sighed Sandy, that's it for this dress!"

Richard heard the shower water running, and saw steam coming from under the bathroom door. He had removed his coat and tie, and sat on the bed wondering what to do next. She was just in the next room, soaping herself down, water running between those breasts...his dick was so hard, he thought it might break off.

Sandy was in the shower washing her hair and thinking about how the whole evening was ruined; it was over. Her chance at sleeping with Richard, her perfect Valentine's Day dinner, and the whole seduction scenario she had planned for so long. The hot water mixed with the steam felt so good that Sandy stood there for a few minutes, letting it run down her clean hair and back, washing away all the upset of just a short while ago.

When she finally looked up, she saw Richard standing outside the shower door. He had all his clothes on, except for his tie, jacket, shoes and socks. She froze, just staring at his face, while he was looking at her.

Richard slowly opened the shower door and stepped in. He was so full of lust, he seriously had no idea what he was doing. He stood in the shower, face to face with a Sandy in all her nakedness, and looked at her with so much hunger in his eyes, he thought she might be afraid. Instead, Sandy looked back at him, and let her arms drop to her side.

12