It's Always Been You

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"That's all well and good," I told her, "But I'm not the one you should be apologizing to, dammit."

"I tried calling Abbey," she replied, "But she won't answer her phone."

"Do you blame her?" I asked, my displeasure with her present in my tone of voice, "Shit, Taylor, you humiliated that poor girl. I'll be surprised if she ever talks to you again."

"I know," she began to weep, "Please help me, Mark. I couldn't take it if that happened, please help me."

"Well, I'll go talk to her," I flatly replied, "But I don't know how much good it's gonna do."

"Thank you, Mark," she sniffled, "Thank you so much. I know she'll listen to you."

~~~~~~

"Are you alright?" I asked Abbey, as she answered her door looking like she'd been up all night crying.

"No," she sniffed, "Taylor is such a bitch sometimes."

"She sure is, "I laughed, "But I wouldn't let it bother me if I were you. Can I come in and let's talk about it?""

"Okay," she slightly smiled, "You want some coffee?"

"Sure," I said, as she opened the door to let me in, "Can I help you in any way?"

"No," she wearily replied, "But I'd like it if you'd stay and keep me company for a while."

"Of course," I gently said, "I think I'd like that."

~~~~~~

"I know that Taylor sent you over here," Abbey said, while we sat out on her back patio drinking coffee, "But I'm glad you're here."

"Taylor's not the only reason I came over here," I replied smiling, "I wanted to make sure that you were alright after the awful way you were treated last night."

"Thank you, Mark," she sweetly said, "I know that you really care."

"I don't know," I gently teased, "You make pretty damn good coffee."

"Why do you do that, Mark?"

"Why do I do what?"

"You always crack jokes when someone even remotely tries to be tender with you," Abbey said, her eyes filling with tears, "I know that you care. You think I didn't see the way you were looking at me in my bikini yesterday?"

"I'm sorry, Abbey," I replied, "I guess it's just a self defense mechanism or something."

"Self defense?" she softly spoke, "I'd die before I'd ever hurt you, Mark. Please tell me that you understand that."

"I do, Abbey, I really do," I replied, "But I'm still afraid."

"Aw, Mark, sweetie," she replied, coming around the table to sit in my lap and throw her arms around me, "I'll never give you a reason to be afraid of me, not ever. I do hope you know that."

"I'm not trying to make a joke, I swear," I smiled, "But I've seen you in action, girl, and you scare the shit outta me."

"Silly boy," she softly giggled, holding my head to her breast, "What am I gonna do with you?"

"What you're doing right now feels great," I replied.

"Hmm," she smiled, leaning back against me, "I'll keep that in mind from now on, believe me."

"I've always believed you, Abbey," I smiled contently, "And I always will."

~~~~~~

"What are your plans for today, Mark?" Abbey asked me.

"I don't know," I casually replied, "I wasn't really planning on doing anything today."

"Well then," she grinned, "I was gonna go surfing today. I know that you used to surf a lot when you were younger and I hoping that you might wanna go with me. Whadaya say?"

"I say, hell yeah," I happily smiled, "You're pretty smart....well, for a girl, that is."

"And you're a smart ass," Abbey playfully giggled, "But of course I'm sure you practice, huh?"

"And you call me a smart ass?" I chuckled, "That's a case of the pot calling the kettle black, if ever I heard one."

"That's right," she giggled, softly but quickly kissing my lips, "And don't forget it either.

~~~~~~

After stopping by my house to pick up my wetsuit and surf board we were on our way. We took my truck for the obvious reasons of being able to haul both of our surfboards, wetsuits, and cooler, and also the picnic basket that Abbey had packed.

~~~~~~

Thanks for coming with me, Mark," Abbey smiled, on the way to the beach, "But then again, you've always been a nice guy."

"I don't know about the nice part," I chuckled, "But thanks just the same, Abbey."

~~~~~~

Abbey guided me to a spot that, while there was a decent point break, wasn't crowded. As a matter of fact, there were hardly any people there at all. We pulled up in the parking and got out. It was difficult to see from across the bed of the truck as we were getting into our wetsuits; but as Abbey pulled her tee shirt off I saw her red bikini top which was, to say the least, a bit more revealing than the blue one I'd seen her in the previous night. I didn't get to see her bottoms as she bent down to take her shorts off before she stepped into her wetsuit, but a small part of me sure wanted to.

~~~~~~

Although I hadn't gone surfing in more years that I cared to remember at the time, it all came back fairly quickly. And in no time I was surfing like I'd been born to it. It's difficult to explain to someone who's never done it, but there is something about surfing that is purely spiritual.

To me it feels like I'm riding the hand of mother earth as she gently caresses the shoreline. Call it silly if you will, but until you've done it yourself, nothing compares to the excitement of riding a wave, knowing that at any time you could possibly be swallowed up by it.

Abbey surfed very well herself, I might add. And watching her is an experience that I thoroughly enjoyed. Her wetsuit fit her like a glove, outlining every contour of her body. And I loved the way she looked with her hair slicked back on her head, giving her the look of a seductress, stalking her prey with every smile or wink. God, she looked so sexy that day, but then again my dumb ass didn't realize that the best was yet to come.

~~~~~~

We'd been surfing for well over three hours when Abbey paddled up next to me, her cute little ass covered by her wetsuit and shining in the sun.

"I don't know about you," she panted, clearly winded, "But I've had about all the surfing I can stand for a while."

"Okay," I smiled, "Let's go ashore and dry off, then."

~~~~~~

When we got back to the truck Abbey stood before me smiling, like she had a secret or something. Then reaching for the lanyard that was connected to the zipper talon on the back of her wetsuit, she pulled it down until the back of it opened.

I was okay when she began to pull her wet suit off until she had it around her waist. Then she slowly pulled it down to reveal a small, tight bikini bottom that barely covered her. It was the same color as her top, and tied together by strings on both sides of her hips. And because it was still wet, it molded to her body clearly defining the cheeks of her beautiful little ass as well as the small patch of hair that covered her mons.

I knew that Abbey had worn this bathing suit strictly for my benefit, reinforcing the fact when she giggled and asked me, "Do you like what you see?"

"Oh, my God, Abbey," I gasped, "How could I not?"

"Then you do care about me, huh, Mark?'

"Of course I do, Abbey," I smiled, "I always have. Hell, you've been a part of this family since Taylor brought you home that first time to spend the night, back when the both of you were six years old."

"Oh, Mark," she irritably replied, "That's not what I'm talking about," giving me a derisive glare then turned her back and began to dismissively put her shorts and tee shirt back on. Then she suddenly stopped and slowly turned back to face me, and with a forlorn look on her face, she slowly and wearily sighed.

"Are you okay?" I asked, moving to gently place my hand on her shoulder.

She took my hand into both of hers, and placing it on her soft and tender cheek; Abbey looked into my eyes, and in a bittersweet tone of voice, replied, "I'm alright, Mark. I'm just dealing with something that's been going on for a long time now."

"Is it because of Taylor?" I asked, taking both of her hands into mine, "I'll talk to her if you want."

"No," she laughed, "Your sister and I have been at each other's throats before and are still friends. It's just something I've got to take care of."

"Okay," I gently replied, "Is it something I can help with?"

"I don't know about right now," she softly replied, kissing the tip of her finger and then placing it upon my lips, "But maybe one of these days, I hope." Then she grabbed the picnic basket out of the back of my truck, and smiling, said, "Come on and let's eat, I'm starving."

We spent the rest of the afternoon talking about all kinds of things and basically enjoying one another's company. I didn't realize it at the time, but all of the fears that I once harbored began to slowly recede back into the darkness, allowing me to see a light at the end of the tunnel.

~~~~~~

Chapter Five

Then next day was Monday and a work day. I walked into my office to find Gary, my boss, waiting for me. "Hey, Gary," I grinned, looking at my watch, "You should be halfway through the front nine by now."

"Yeah, yeah," he laughed, "Aren't you just full of yourself this morning?"

"Whatever," I laughed, "It's better than being what you're full of."

After both of us laughed I leaned toward my intercom, and pushing the button, said, "Tracy, would you bring Mister Hennings and me some coffee, please? He takes his the same way I do."

"Okay, Mark," came her reply.

"So," I asked, "To what do I owe the pleasure of this visit, boss?"

Gary had a look in his eyes which I'd seen many times over the years, a look which meant he had something important that wanted to discuss with me. He was about to speak when Tracy suddenly came in with our coffee. Wasting no time, she put our cups in front of us, and then quickly left."

"Thanks, Tracy," I said, as she closed the door behind her, but not before she gave me a quick grin. Then I turned back to Gary and said, "Okay, Gary, what's going on?"

"Sergeant Ed Ross and I play golf together," he pointedly replied, "And I heard about what happened over at your place this past weekend; and I guess I just wanted to make sure that everything was alright with you."

It was then that I realized something I had almost forgotten. While I was wallowing in the years of pain and self doubt, I had turned my back on a number of people that love me, and in doing so knew that I'd hurt them. But Taylor, Abbey, and now Gary had always been there for me all along, even though I couldn't even stand to be around my self, much less them.

"I'm just fine, old friend, "I retrospectively smiled, "Whoever broke in just made a mess. It was probably a bunch of kids, I'll bet."

"Man," Gary tersely replied, "Kids these days are such assholes sometimes."

"I don't know," I grinned, "Our parents used to say the same things about us."

"Yeah, they did," he laughed, "They sure as hell did."

~~~~~~

I had just returned from lunch when my intercom buzzed. "Yes?" I answered.

"You have a visitor," Tracy replied, "She says that she's your ex-wife."

"What the fuck does SHE want?" I thought, and then flatly said, "Show her in."

~~~~~~

"Who the hell do you think you are, coming to my work like this," I disgustedly growled, "And what the fuck do you want?"

"I want the coins. Mark," she pointedly spat, "Or else I'll tell the police that you illegally smuggled them into the United States."

"I don't know what you're talking about," I laughed, "What coins?"

"Don't you dare try that shit with me, asshole," she hissed, "You know damn well what coins I'm talking about."

"Fuck you," I growled, "Now get out of here before I have you thrown out of here, you evil fucking whore."

"You've still got someone else doing what you never had the balls to do yourself," she mockingly laughed, "That's alright, but I think you should know that a couple of friends of mine think that your little sister is a hottie. You've met them; they were the two guys that your dyke bodyguard attacked. Maybe they can ask Taylor if she knows where the coins are."

Suddenly something inside of me caused me to snap, and in a rage of anger; I took a hold of Kerrie's once long and dark, now bleached blonde hair and wrapped it around my right hand, lifting her off the ground in the process. Then slamming her against the wall, I got within mere inches of her face and seethingly hissed, "Let me tell you something, you fucking cunt. If you or any of your fucking muscleheads come near me or my sister again, I'm gonna fucking kill you. Do you understand me you God damn whore? Now get the fuck outta here," and with that said, I threw her onto the ground, releasing her right before she hit the floor."

"Oh my," she seductively giggled, "It looks like you've grown some balls after all. You're making me hot, baby, you wanna fuck me?"

"Get the fuck outta here," I panted, while I pushed the intercom button, "Tracy, call building security to my office immediately."

~~~~~~

"Taylor," I said, the moment she answered her work phone, "I need for you to do something for me. It's very very important so; please don't argue with me."

Taylor knows when something serious is going on just by the tone of my voice. It was the same tone of voice I used when I told her about Mom and Dad's death. So, with that in mind, she worriedly asked, "What's wrong, Mark?"

After apprising her of the situation, I said, "I want you to go home and back a bag, then go to my house and make sure that no one knows where you are; okay?"

"Alright, Mark," she giggled, "But...."

"No buts," I replied, interrupting her, "Just do as I ask, please."

Okay, Mark," she snickered, "I'll do what you want me to," giggling as she hung up.

"Damn her," I thought, hanging up my phone, "This was serious and she's laughing about it. I'm gonna have to have a talk with her."

~~~~~~

As I pulled up into my driveway, I saw not only Taylor's car, but Abbey's as well. Now I've always been the type of person to give someone the benefit of the doubt, regardless of the circumstances or situation. So, with that in mind, I parked my truck and then got out and went inside.

~~~~~~

Imagine my surprise when I walked into my house to find Taylor and Abbey sitting at my kitchen bar laughing and drinking lemonade.

"So," I laughed, "I guess you two kissed and made up, huh?"

"You wish," Taylor blandly replied.

"I was just helping Taylor get her stuff over moved here while the exterminators are spraying over at her place," Abbey sweetly smiled, "She made me some lemonade for helping her. I hope that's okay."

Abbey's warm smile totally disarmed me, making me realize that I might've been a little harsh when I thought of Taylor's behavior over the phone earlier, eliciting the gentle understanding smile that spread across my face.

"Well, I'd better go," Abbey said, standing up and smiling, "I've got some things I need to take care of."

"We'll see you later, Abbs," Taylor smiled.

Take care, Abbey," I replied, "We'll see you soon."

"I hope so," she grinned, winking at Taylor, "Bye, you guys."

~~~~~~

"Can I ask you something, Mark," Taylor asked, at dinner that night, "Without making you mad?"

"That's never stopped you before," I chuckled, "But go ahead and ask me anyway."

"What do you think about Abbey?" she blurted out.

"What kind of question is that?" I replied smiling, "I think she's great, you know that"

"Okay, let me rephrase it then," Taylor grinned, "How do you feel about her?"

I knew that look on my face as I thought of Abbey had betrayed me when Taylor excitedly chirped, "I knew it. You do care about her, don't you Mark?"

"I never said that," I replied, "Don't go putting words in my mouth."

"I don't have to," she giggled, "I can tell you do by the look on your face so; don't even try to deny it."

"I don't know what you're talking about, Taylor Lynn Albertson," I grinned, knowing that she hated it when I used her middle name.

"Oh, yes you do," she said, "And stop using my middle name, dammit."

Taylor leaned back in her chair with a pleading look on her face and quietly told me, "I don't know whether or not you know this, but do you remember when Abbey and I were thirteen years old and in Junior High School, and you dropped us off for our first dance?"

"Sure I do," I smiled, "You two looked so pretty that night, and you were both scared shitless, too."

"Yeah, we were," she sweetly replied, "And because you're my big brother, I knew that you meant it. But Abbey took it even further because you were the first, well, the only boy that ever told her she was pretty."

"I'm very sure that's she's been told how pretty she is by now," I pointedly replied, "I mean, jeez, look at her, she's beautiful."

"Yeah, she is," Taylor said, "But she didn't look like she does now until after she came back from college."

"I love you, Taylor, I really do," I said, scratching my head, "But I haven't got the slightest idea what you're talking about."

"She's in love with you, Mark, "my sister said, "She has been ever since we were both young girls."

"You knew this, didn't you?" I accusingly asked, "Why didn't you ever say anything to me about it, Taylor?"

"You're right and I'm sorry," she sadly replied, "At first I thought it was gross, but as we grew older I began to warm to the idea of Abbey and you being together. I'm going to deny ever telling you this if it comes back to haunt me, but I don't know what hurt her the worst, you getting married, or you becoming the hermit you did after you and Kerrie divorced."

The thought of Abbey hurting or being hurt suddenly turned my stomach into knots, and looking in my sister's eyes, I said, "Damn, Taylor, she probably thinks I'm some kind of cold hearted asshole now."

"No, she doesn't," she smiled, "she still loves you with all of her heart."

"Jesus," I sadly said, "What am I supposed to do, Sis?"

"That depends on you," she grinned, "I assume that you're over your cunt ex-wife, yes?"

"Hell yes," I vehemently said, "That fucking bitch can kiss my ass."

"Good," Taylor giggled, "Give Abbey a chance, Mark. I promise you that you'll never regret it."

"I'm, afraid, Taylor," I replied, my voice beginning to tremble.

Suddenly my sister stood up from the table and walked around to where I sat, and then after leaning down and placing her arm around me, she smiled and said, "It's alright to be afraid, big brother," she began to cry, "but I'm willing to wager my soul against the fact that I know Abbey will never hurt you, and that she'll always love you. Please, Mark, please give her a chance."

"She is beautiful," I smiled, "And she's always been so sweet, too."

"Yeah, she is," Taylor giggled, pushing away from me while she wiped her eyes, "And she's a whole sweeter than you deserve."

"Yeah," I grinned, "You're probably right about that one. Okay, I'll call her tomorrow."

"You won't be sorry," Taylor smiled, hugging me again, "I promise you, Mark."

~~~~~~

I was busy at work the next day until well after two o'clock. As I came back into my office I sat down and immediately dialed Abbeys work number.

After a couple of rings, she picked up and said, "Abbey Collins, can I help you?"

"Hi, Abbey," I smiled, "This is..."

"Mark," she giggled, sweetly interrupting me, "What're you doing calling me at work, silly boy?"

"Well," I shyly began, "I was wondering if...uh...Oh hell, I was wondering if you like to go out to dinner with me?"

"Really?" she wistfully asked, "As in a date...with you?"

"Yes," I hopefully replied, "I mean, if you're not busy or anything."

"Oh, Mark," she tenderly replied, "I'd love to, when?"

"How about if I pick you up at your place around seven o'clock this evening," I smiled, "If it's okay with you, that is."

"I'm really looking forward to it," she giggled, "I'll see you tonight then."

"Okay, sweetie," I replied, "I'll see you then."