It's Complicated Ch. 09

Story Info
Lyn couldn't wait to get to home.
3.4k words
4.61
25.2k
6
Story does not have any tags

Part 9 of the 11 part series

Updated 10/13/2022
Created 08/10/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lyn couldn't wait to get to home. She ran up the stairs and into her apartment building. On the way to her door she quickly knocked on Ryan's door and proceeded to unlock her own, only to throw her stuff down on the floor. She was out of breath. She practically ran home from her meeting with Ann. She probably would have made it back sooner if it hadn't been for the subway slowing her down.

"This is the best work I've seen from you yet. Be proud."

She never thought she would hear those words out of Ann's mouth. Ann was a hard ass and hearing that made her day. She had to tell Ryan.

"Ryan!" Lyn yelled followed by a series of knocks. She knew he was home this was his day off and she could hear the television. "Ry! I'm coming in."

Lyn used her emergency key to his apartment to let herself in. He gave it to her as a 'just in case emergency' type of thing since she was new and on her own and to her this qualified as an emergency. She opened the door to his apartment. She loved his apartment, it was bright clean and welcoming. It actually looked lived in, whereas hers still had unpacked boxes in the corners, but in her defense at least she had a sofa.

"Ryan?" He wasn't in the living room or in the kitchen. The television was on the music channel. She walked further into his apartment and to his bedroom. She thought that maybe he was asleep or something, but what she saw was the last thing she expected to see.

Ryan was shirtless, on his knees with his face buried between the thighs of a leggy blonde. The girl shrieked. Lyn jumped, "Oh god...Sorry!" She ran out of his apartment with her eyes closed running into everything in her path. She couldn't believe what she saw.

Ryan laughed.

**********************

"The Joelman account meeting has been moved. Instead of next month we are having it tomorrow in Texas. Start getting together the..."

"Sir, you have..." When she realized her mistake it was too late.

"I have to take care of something; I'll send you the memo." He hung up the phone and looked over at his secretary, "In my office. Now." He hissed through a clenched jaw.

The young lady walked into the dark room for the second time ever. The other time she was in there was when he was working late. He told her to get naked and bend over. When he was finished, he told her to get out and hold his calls.

He stalked in behind her and sat back in his chair. She stood in front of him and fidgeted with the tail of her too tight, too revealing shirt. He sat in silence looking at her. Her clothes were inappropriate. In fact, every secretary he ever had, dressed as if his office was a nightclub hoping to catch his attention. He was debating whether or not he should make her bend over one last time before he fired her...just because he felt like it, but he didn't want to give her the wrong impression. Her being fired was nonnegotiable. He didn't ask much of his secretaries, but none of them seemed to get it right. This would be his seventh one in three months. He wished they didn't send him the young stupid ones who are too busy trying to get into his bed than they are at answering phones.

"Shelly you are a secretary, correct?"

"I was just..."

"Yes or no, Shelly?" He was staring daggers into her, trying very hard to keep his anger down.

"Yes sir."

"That means you work for me...correct?"

"Yes sir."

"Did they tell you the rules when you were hired?"

"Yes sir, but..."

He cut her off. "How many rules are there, Shelly?"

"Three, sir."

"What is my number one rule?"

"Never to interrupt you...ever."

"You broke that rule. Get out. You're fired."

"But...You cant!..."

In the same hushed tone he stood up, laid his palms flat on his desk and said, "I won't say it twice."

She ran out of his office crying. He scoffed, disgusted at the young woman's overflow of emotions. Immediately after, Pierce picked up his phone and dialed HR, someone was going to get an earful.

**********************

Jaylyn was startled out of her sleep by a series of rapid knocks at her apartment door. She jumped out of her bed, grabbed a bat and inched towards the door. It was three in the morning, who could possibly be knocking on her door this late and for what reason? Someone was going to get a beat down or an earful or curse words.

"Jay, it's me. Open up."

She exhaled with relief and unlocked the door. Ryan stepped in.

"What the fuck? Who did you think I was?" He said looking at the bat clutched in her hands throwing his own hands up in surrender.

"Shut up I was asleep. I was just being safe, but do that shit again and next time I'll be using this bat."

"You know it turns me on when you get all dominatrix on me. Why were you asleep? I thought we were going out?"

"I was tired and I haven't heard from you since...uh, you know. I'm sorry about that by the way. I shouldn't have let myself in."

"It's forgotten. Don't worry about it." He said with his gaze trained on her.

"What happened to Stevie?"

"That was Stevie."

She didn't try to hide the surprise when her eyes widened. "I thought Stevie was a man?"

"She is very much a woman...you saw." He said teasing her.

"So you really are bisexual?" She was talking to herself now.

"Is that a problem for you?" He said with an amused look dancing across his face.

"No. Do your thing. Why would it be a problem for me?" She was trying to be nonchalant.

He narrowed his eyes at her and smiled. "Put on some clothes and let's go eat."

She blushed fiercely at his last statement for two reasons. First she was directly reminded of him on his knees tongue deep in pussy. She couldn't imagine him being able to eat anything after that feast...Even if it had been days. Secondly she looked down at herself and realized she was nearly naked, wearing only a nearly see through nighty that barely made it to the middle of her thighs.

"You could have said something, loser." She crossed her arms over her chest.

"Why? I was enjoying it." Ryan watched her scurry out of the room and laughed on his way to her bathroom to adjust himself. "Where do you want to go, beautiful? Your choice."

**********************

When they walked into the diner they were soon shown to their seats. Lyn ordered her favorite, a strawberry waffle, t-bone steak, coffee, apple juice and French fries. Ryan ordered a salad, hamburger, scrambled eggs, French toast with an iced tea. They sat the first ten minutes in silence stuffing their faces and sharing food.

Breaking the silence Ryan says, "Jay, you never told me why you came over in the first place."

"Oh! That's right. So you know how I had to spend the week writing?" He nodded. "Well soon after you left it all started coming to me and I couldn't stop typing. I changed the direction of the story, but I nearly finished it. I'm going to make the date after all." She was nearly squealing.

"What did Ann say?" He loved watching her excitement. It was infectious. He never truly understood how a woman like her was alone.

"That's the good part. She said that it was my best work yet!" Lyn was barely able to contain her excitement.

"I knew you could do it. Did you come up with a title?"

He caught her off guard. The thought never once crossed her mind.

"Umm. No, but it has to be catchy...something vague and revealing all at the same time." She instantly went into deep thought.

"I'm happy for you, beautiful."

"Thanks Ry. Now all I need is a man to keep me up all night long and my life will be complete. It seem like all the men I find want more than I am willing to offer. Where are all the assholes? A few years ago I couldn't get away from them."

"Trust me they're out there, but that's not what you really want." He didn't want that for her.

"I don't know. Maybe it's not, but I do know that I really want to get laid, which is something you're getting plenty of. How was it anyway? I thought you were going to wait with Stevie."

"What made you think that?"

"You asked for advice. I just assumed you were going to give that one a try."

"She wasn't who I thought she was."

"Oh I know all about that." She said looking down at her plate.

"One day Jay, you're going to have to tell me about the one that got away. You don't have to put up a front all of the time. I know you better than that."

"More like the one that ran away, but I'm over it now." She gave him her best smile trying not to think about what she admitted out loud.

**********************

He walked into his condo. Something was off, he heard the television and shower running. It was the two in the afternoon. No one was supposed to be in his condo except for the cleaning lady and the thought of her using his shower had him seeing red. He walked into his kitchen and laid his keys and briefcase on the counter. He headed to the living room to see his cleaning lady washing the windows. She didn't hear him come home early. It wasn't until he cleared his throat that she finally noticed him leaning against the wall in his all black suit, his face expressionless. She jumped.

"Sorry sir, I did not hear you come home. I am almost finished. I will be out of your way soon." Her voice was shaking.

"Rita. Why is the shower running?" His jaw tightened.

"Sir, she was here when I got here. She said you knew. I stayed out of her way. Did I do wrong?"

He looked down at the pretty Asian woman and said, "Leave. Finish tomorrow."

He waited for Rita to drive away before he walked directly to the bathroom, slid the shower door open, turned off the water and said, "Trichelle, I'm only going to say this one time. Get. Out."

She giggled at him. "No I came to surprise you. Join me"

He was irritated. Her voice, her face, her fake tits...she was a serious lapse in judgment on his part. He reached into the shower and pulled the redhead out by the back of her neck careful not to hurt her, he grabbed her things escorted her to the door and put her and her clothes outside before closing slamming it in her face.

"Pierce! You piece of shit!"

He sat back on his bed and chuckled. He knew fucking her was a mistake, but when he spotted her in the bar a few months ago he saw no challenge and he went for it. The last thing he needed in his hectic life was a girl who wanted more than he was willing to even consider. All Trichelle wanted from him was sex and he was more than happy to give it to her, but only when, how and where he wanted it. Her say didn't matter to him.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone.

No emails.

Two messages.

One missed call.

There was a knock on the door. He was going to rip her a new one if she was still on his porch. He shrugged out of his suit jacket and loosened his tie. When he opened the door he was surprised to see John and Wesley, his business partners.

"Calm down man, what's wrong?" Wesley said stepping back a few inches.

Wesley Banks came highly recommended by Jack. He was a few years older than Pierce and John, but he fit right in with the staff and helped close his fair share of deals for the company. Pierce only decided to go with his dad on keeping him around because he always made the right move when it came to business, which is why his dad was such a success. At least Jack was good at something because he damn sure wasn't a good father, but Pierce no longer cared. He now saw his father as a business man only...nothing more. The grudge he held was gone.

Pierce stepped aside to let the men in. Wesley was Italian and had a deep olive complexion and brown eyes. He was a few inches shorter than John and Pierce at 6'1 and was considered good company as he is personable and played the good guy on occasion when it came to closing deals.

"Nothing." His green eyes were still dark with fury.

"That didn't look like nothin'. You should consider counselin' no one should fly off the handle that easy." Johnny said to him half joking.

"Fuck you, asshole. You don't have room to talk." Pierce said to John.

Wesley laughed and agreed, "He's right, John, you need some therapy of your own."

"Shit if I go. I'm not the one who can't keep a secretary." Johnny said while checking his phone.

"Yeah, Pierce what's up with that shit, man." Wes added lightly.

"She broke my rules."

"Rules? That's fuckin' genius. My secretary is lazy. She needs some goddamn rules." John said.

"It doesn't help if you're banging them on your lunch break either." Wesley stated.

"It helps me concentrate." Johnny added with fake seriousness.

"Let's go. Flight leaves in two hours." Pierce said looking down at his watch following the men out and to the waiting car.

"If we don't close this deal, I'm kickin' some ass."

**********************

Lyn was on her way to Ann's office for an impromptu meeting about her latest work. She figured that she might as well bring the last few hundred pages with her before Ann started getting all high and mighty about the publish date.

When she walked into the office, Ann was on the phone talking to one of the 'big heads' no doubt.

"She just walked in, see you in five." Ann hung up the phone. "Jaylyn, I'm glad you could make it on such short notice. It's not really my style to last minute people, but this is urgent."

"It's fine. What's wrong? Did I miss another deadline? Because I have the last pages here with me." Lyn started reaching into her bag to pull them out.

"Oh good. No you didn't miss any deadlines I want you to meet with someone."

"Is it about what I wrote, I know I strayed away from the original plan, but that's where the story took me."

"No it's nothing like that. Your writing is good. Someone from our sister publishing company wants to meet with you. He is only in town for a few days...and here he is now." Ann said standing up to greet this man.

Lyn was still confused as she stood up to meet the man of the hour.

"Miss James, I'm Waylon Fuller I've heard a great deal about your work. Tell me, have you come up with a title for it?"

Lyn couldn't believe her eyes. This man was gorgeous....beyond that. He was perfection. His voice was like silk, smooth and inviting. He was 6'4, his hair was black and cropped short to his head. He had a pair of bright blue eyes that reached his smile. She couldn't help but let her mind wander a little. Oh the possibilities...

"Miss James?" He repeated giving her a slight frown.

"I'm sorry. No I haven't come up with anything yet, I'm having a little trouble with that part of it."

"Well, we'll work it out...together."

He was staring at her now. She must have been feeling bold today because she held his gaze with matched intensity. He gave her a knowing smile.

"Is that the last of it?" Waylon said motioning towards the manuscript on Ann's desk.

"Oh yes it is. Do you want me to send it over to your office? Or are you going to take it with you now?" Ann said picking up Lyn's work.

"Take it with him? What?" Lyn realizing that she still had no idea what was going on.

"Miss James, I'm going to publish your book."

"Why?" She didn't like this idea. She felt like she was being handed off.

Waylon Fuller looked at his watch and said, "I apologize, but I have to cut this meeting short. Miss James I have your information I will be in touch to explain it all."

"Thanks for coming down on your vacation." Ann said as he left the room following right behind him.

Lyn was left standing alone with unanswered questions.

**********************

"So who was he?"

"I don't really know. His name is Waylon. He said he was going to publish my book and then he left."

"Did you get his number?"

"No, but he has all of my contact information...or so he said."

"What you don't believe him?"

"No I do, but it's already been a week and when I met him he just seemed preoccupied is all." Plus he's gorgeous, but she decided not to say that part out loud.

"You always did like them tall dark and unavailable."

"Shut up!! Ryan, I never told you what he looked like."

"He came by two days ago. I saw him at your door."

"Why didn't you say anything? What did he say?"

"I forgot. I thought he was just another one of those guys in Ann's building dropping by to hassle you about deadlines."

"I'm no longer reporting to Ann. So I need to get in touch with this guy. He has my work."

"Check your email. All the important people are doing it."

"Just because Stevie hasn't called you back doesn't mean you need to be bitter."

That caught Ryan off guard. He wasn't expecting Lyn to be so blunt about it. Also tied with the fact that she's completely wrong is something he always came to expect. She has always been terrible at reading people...even him.

"Stevie hasn't called me because she thinks you're my girlfriend."

"Ry, I'm so sorry. Why didn't you tell me? What can I do to help?"

He laughed, "Chill out Jay. It's not a big deal. Stevie is like your Darrel, old news."

Lyn was checking her email from her cell phone. Ryan was right, she had two emails. One from Waylon asking her to call him asap. Lyn immediately dialed the number. It was six in the evening, so it didn't seem too late, but even if it was...so what.

The phone rang twice before there was an answer.

"Waylon Fuller's office," the small voiced female answered.

"Hello, hi. I just received a message from Mr. Fuller asking me to call him as soon as possible. My name is Jaylyn James."

"Oh Miss James. We have been expecting your call. Please hold while I connect you through."

She didn't know why, but she felt a little nervous waiting for him to pick up the phone. A lot of it probably had to do with the fact that she was still in the dark about what was going. She was going to demand some answers this time. Her career was on the line here.

"Miss James. I'm glad you called. I'm sorry to keep you waiting."

"I wasn't waiting long. When do you plan on telling me what this is all about?"

His voice was hushed and smooth. She subconsciously crossed her legs.

"That's why I called. Are you free ...in about two hours for dinner?"

"Y...yes. Where do you want to meet?" He moves fast.

"Nonsense. I'll pick you up at eight. We'll go over everything then."

He hung up.

"So?" Ryan said.

Lyn forgot that he was still in her apartment. "He's taking me out to dinner to go over everything."

"Uh oh."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"You tell me." Ryan said leaving her apartment. "I have some things that I need to catch up on, but call if you need me."

**********************