It's Complicated Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What is it?"

"My apology."

Pierce turned to leave, but before he left he spotted a package on her inn table. He picked held it in the air and arched his brow at her.

"What's that?" She asked absentmindedly.

He chuckled. "It's your cell phone. You dropped it." He tossed it to her and disappeared from her apartment.

She scoffed at his last statement. She should have thrown it at him. He deserved that and then some. Lyn ripped open the package and sure enough her cell fell out. She had no idea that she left it in a whole other state, had she know she wouldn't have torn her place apart looking for it. She also found a note nestled inside the package.

'You left this behind-thought you might need it. I meant what I said. You'll be seeing a lot more of me. I want you to trust me again. I had good reason for what I did. –Pierce.'

***************

Lyn walked down the crowded street in search of a place she had never been. In truth, she didn't really know why she was even going, but she figured she might as well see what it was about. After he wrote the address in the palm of her hand she had been curious. There was nothing he could do that would make her forgive him, but she wouldn't mind poking fun at his attempts.

"What do you think it is?"

"I don't know. A dead end probably."

"What if it's a room full of balloons..."

"Ha, you obviously don't know Cohen. He's not the cheery type."

"You never know. He's rich now. Money changes a man."

Ryan wished he hadn't said that last part, he was glad Lyn forgave him. He was all but ready to move out of his apartment when Lyn dropped by to say that she didn't blame him. She understood trying to impress the boss, even though he had a choice. People mess up and if she were in his position, a student living in New York, with an apartment, she might have done the same thing.

She saw him wince at his last words. "He's always had money, his dad made sure of it, so that doesn't matter."

"That's probably true. He acts like he was born with a silver spoon."

"What makes you say that? You barely know him." She didn't mean for that to sound defensive.

"He walks around barking orders at people and he always gets what he wants, if he doesn't someone gets fired. He fucks anything that walks and no one dares cross him. I've seen his knuckles."

"Then why do you want to work under him?"

"Easy. Because people respect him and he is true to his word. I want that."

"I get it."

"I think we're here."

"It's a shop. This can't be right."

Ryan laughed, "Maybe he bought the entire building for you."

"He wouldn't do anything like that...would he?"

Ryan watched as Lyn stood out on the busy sidewalk looking up at the shop with a puzzled look on her face. He hoped whatever Pierce had in store for her was good, because she deserved something happy.

"Maybe the surprise is inside of the shop."

"Don't poke fun." She jabbed him in the ribs.

"Ouch." He grabbed her hand, "Let's go inside."

They stepped into the brightly lit shop, which turned out to be a bookstore. She only figured it was because the first thing she saw was a poster with her name on it. Right next to it was her actual book on display. She couldn't believe it. Her book wasn't supposed to be out until months from now, but there it was in front of her featured as the month's top new release. She did it again. She started crying.

"Let's go celebrate."

***************************

"I think moving to New York was a good idea!"

"Well I hope so if it wasn't, then you're nearly four years overdue on figuring that out." Ryan said escorting her into the club.

"That's not what I mean. It's after midnight and things are just getting started. I'm never going to get used to it."

"Good. That'll keep you around longer."

"What do you mean? I'm not going anywhere."

"Not today you're not, but he is back in your life."

"He's not back in my life." Lyn was getting defensive.

"Come off of it Jay, even I'm not that stupid. I don't have to read your book to know what happened between you two."

"What did he tell you?"

"Nothing. That's my point. It's clear." He watched her down three different shots. "I don't have to know the details, but I do know that he's trying..."

She cut him off. "Ryan I didn't come out to relive the past. We are supposed to be celebrating."

"Right, but burying it, isn't going to make it go away. You know that better than anyone."

She slammed down more shots. "I'm going to dance. You should drink...or something."

Lyn made her way out to the floor. She was starting to feel the alcohol surge through her veins. It matched the base she could feel thumping through her chest. That was all it took. She was lost in the music. Ryan was nowhere to be found and she didn't care. She needed to let loose and dancing was just the thing. She didn't stop for anything or anyone. There was the occasional man reaching for her, but that was easily remedied.

"Jay, it's time to go."

"Why?" She though he left.

****************************

Jay stumbled in her apartment with Ryan following her in. The lights were out, but he knew the way. It was an exact replica of his own apartment.

"You're going to regret those shots in the morning."

"That's the point."

"I'll be back to check on you in a few hours."

Before he could get the sentence out she was closing her eyes. Ryan left her apartment and pulled out his phone.

"I don't know if you care, but she drank a little too much tonight and I don't want to leave her alone. Just in case she wakes up."

"I'll be there. I'm an hour away."

****************************

Lyn started to drift off to sleep when a harsh thud shook her bed, knocking any thoughts of sleep from her mind. She started to panic.

"Aw. Don't tell me the party is over already. It's so soon. I happen to know that you can stay out all night." The voice was hallowed and laced with fury.

She strained her eyes to see the person, but the room was so dark. She didn't recognize the voice. Her mind was spinning. She sat up as she frantically searched for some sort of protection, but was unsuccessful.

"Shh. Shh. Shh. Calm down baby. You know, you're a hard girl to get alone. I mean, I'll admit coming to your apartment was a bit of a stretch, but I couldn't wait any longer. Although I will say that this would have been a lot easier if you had more female friends."

She knew. She was still in a drunken haze, but the moment he called her 'baby' she knew.

"Wh..wh...what do you want?"

"You know what I want. I told you already. I just want you to listen."

A light came on. She finally saw his face he'd grown a beard and his hair was longer. He looked un-kept. It wasn't like him not to look his best. He was sitting in the chair near the door. Lyn started to sober up.

"How did you get in?"

"Doesn't matter."

"This is ridiculous. Get out. I don't want to listen. You've said enough."

"Oh that's where you're wrong. I haven't said anything yet."

"After you all but called me a whore anything you have to say, I don't want to hear."

"I thought you might say something like that, but seriously can you blame me? By the way what do you call the guy that just left? Let me guess, he's a friend from college. If you want my opinion the one you found in Vegas was way better looking. Is he around, by chance?"

"Fuck you." Lyn started to get up.

"Ah ah ah. I wouldn't do that if I were you." He opened his jacket to reveal a gun. "You see baby, I came here to talk to you and I'm not leaving until I say what I have to say."

"Waylon, you don't have to do this."

"Yes I do. After you left me in Vegas, I started thinking. I didn't deserve that. I was good to you. Wasn't I?" He stood up scratching his head. "I mean I let you have anything you wanted. You wanted the Palms, I gave it to you. You used me, I let you. Then you leave me for Bravo."

"Bravo?"

"That's what they call him. It fits." He stepped closer to the bed. "Don't you think?"

"Waylon..."

"I went to see him you know. He's quite popular. You know what he said about you?"

She shook her head.

"Well I asked him what went on between you two and he said it was none of my business. It confirmed my suspicions."

"He's right. It's none of your business." Lyn was passed being scared. She was pissed off. He had no right.

Waylon tilted his head to the side before he suddenly back handed her to the floor.

"You're wrong. It is my business."

"What do you want from me?" Tears were running down her face now as she held her cheek.

"I want you to know that we could have had something special. I want you to regret leaving me. I want you to know that I was the best thing that ever happened to you."

"Screw you."

He fell to the floor, wrapped his hands around her throat and squeezed. Her eyes widened, pleading for him to stop. She tried to scream, but was cut off as his grip tightened around her neck. She started to get dizzy. Her vision blurred and her arms fell limp. She could no longer form a coherent thought. This was it for her. There was nothing in her reach, nothing that could make him stop, when out of nowhere she felt herself being tugged roughly by her neck then released. Her head hit the floor with a loud thud. She struggled to see what was happening, but her vision was still blurry as her body jerked violently, struggling for air.

She passed out.

12