It's Just a Business Transaction Ch. 01

Story Info
Aida comes to America.
5.8k words
4.51
27.4k
13

Part 1 of the 13 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 03/04/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Mythrana
Mythrana
35 Followers

"Aida Gonzalez!" barked the director. "You're up next. Get ready!"

Steady now girl. Don't screw it! She scolded herself. The 5' 4" dark haired girl took a deep breath to steady herself. She watched for the director's cue. When she saw his hand signal, she walked on to the stage with her black pinafore and a white apron holding a tray with the usual mock-up stage props of tea sets. She set the tray down on the low table, "Would Madame want some tea?" She asked of the leading actress.

The leading actress, Sonja gave a curt nod indicating a yes and she began to pour the make-believe tea into the cup. Sonja daintily reached out for the tea and pretended to drink it when she shrieked and threw the cup down. "What is this? You call this tea? It's cold and diluted! I can never depend on you to do anything right, can I?" With this said Sonja make a show to slap Aida but only it was for real. Palms connected with her soft cheeks, which she knew, would leave a print there for at least two days.

"CUT!" shouted the director. "That was excellent Sonja. Good work. Everyone take five!"

Greg, another permanent but small time actor came forward to Aida, "You okay girl? Here, let me see that."

"Don't. I am fine...really. It's nothing." Aida choked back a sob trying not to cry but the sting on her cheeks was still smarting.

"Oooh... I am so (sorry) I hope I did not mar that pretty face. Well, I have to make it look real don't I? After all this is acting and if we don't rehearse it right, I don't want to think about the unthinkable when we go live, do we?" Sonja chipped in with that sickeningly sweet voice of hers.

Greg jumped to Aida's defense. "Yeah, right but do you have to hit that hard. Look! See that hand-print?" Greg asked accusingly.

"Oh well, if she can't take even a little pain, I guess we can always ask someone else to take her role. Not that it's very difficult playing the suffering maid." Sonja spoke nonchalantly.

"It's nothing Greg. I am alright. Miss Sonja, please don't mention anything to the director. Greg is just overreacting."

"Overreacting my a..."

Before Greg could finish his sentence, Aida gave him a hard stare signaling that the conversation with Sonja was final. Sonja gave them a bored look and sauntered off back stage.

"Why did you stop me girl?" Greg said in frustration running his fingers through his hair.

"Look Greg. I know you meant good but I need this part. I need the money for my rent. I can't afford to lose this job." Aida tried explaining to Greg, tears smarting in her large expressive hazel eyes.

Greg looked at her sympathetically and gave a resigned sigh. "Come on girl, let's go for supper and NO argument. It will be my treat."

Aida looked at Greg with much relief, gave him a hug, "Ok, you win."

Ever since she joined the cast of La Broadway, Sonja was determined to make her life as miserable as could be. No matter how hard she tried she would receive insulting and scathing remarks from Sonja. Greg would often tell her that Sonja was just jealous of her natural beauty and of the attentions she was receiving from the crew and cast especially the males. Aida had only laughed it off saying Greg was only trying to lift her spirit. Nevertheless the crew and cast did like her a lot for her dedication at work and her bright smile no matter how bad a day it was.

Greg was the first person she met when she first step off the bus in Philadelphia about a year ago. She was pulling along a huge suitcase on wheels with her right hand and was holding her handbag and a map with the other hand when someone ran passed her and grabbed her handbag. For a minute she was too stunned to react and then all off a sudden she was screaming, "Help! Someone help please! I've just been robbed!"

She saw a man in white crew top and a pair of jeans sprinted after the punk who must have taken advantage of her unfocused attention to relieve her of her handbag. He caught up with the punk and with the help of some alerted security officers, they over-powered the snatcher. She half ran half walked over to them panting and flushed.

"This yours ma'am?" One of the security officers asked her while holding up the bag for her to identify.

"Yes, it is and thanks for the help. You don't know how glad I am. All my possessions are in there." She sighed with relief.

"Please come with us ma'am to the office, we need to call the police and do the usual proceeding. And you too sir." The security officer looked at the man in white crew top and gave a smart nod at him.

While they were walking towards the bus terminal office, Aida took the opportunity to thank the stranger for helping her out. They introduced themselves. Greg Johnson, that was his name. Sandy brown hair and brown eyes, about six feet tall looking not much older than her 20 years. About ten minutes later, two police officers entered the small office, took down their statements and bundled the punk off.

"So this is your first time in Philly?" Greg asked her.

"Yeah," she answered.

"Business or pleasure?" Greg inquired some more.

"Actually neither. I am here on a visiting pass to see if I can get a job before trying for an EAD and then hopefully a Green Card. I am also an aspiring actress, well stage acting. I am actually from Mexico. My granny died two months back and since I have no one else back home I thought maybe if I can try my luck in America." Aida explained and added quickly seeing him creasing his forehead, "I entered your country legally if that was what you were thinking."

"No, no, I mean I was just thinking, I do stage acting too. I work part time. When I don't have any parts, I worked in a steak house as a waiter. I thought I could introduce you to my agent too, that is if you like?"

Aida could hardly speak seemingly stunned with her good fortune of meeting someone who happens to share her passion in acting and yet she was afraid. After all she just met this guy for less than an hour, hasn't she? Could she trust him?

Sensing her worries Greg took out two name cards and hand it to her. "Look, I understand how you feel standing here talking to a complete stranger. This is my card and this is my agent card. You can check him out first. No harm done. I gather you might need some help in that area if you are planning to stay and work in America legally. And you can check out the steak house I am working in. So where will you be putting up?"

Aida seems embarrassed as if he has read her thoughts, must have been written all over her face. "Tha...thanks for your concern. I appreciated that. I guess I will be checking into a B&B first but I will have to look for a place to put up soon. Can't be staying in B&B that long. I am not what you call well-off."

"Say, if you don't mind you can put up in my place. It's a two-bedroom apartment not the luxury kind mind you. I occupied one room and my..." Before he could finish his sentence, a cute brunette with freckles on her nose bounced up to him and gave him a hug.

"So that's where you are, leave you for a minute and you go flirting about. So who do we have here?" The cute brunette pouts prettily and flashing Aida a sweet smile while Greg rolled his eyes upward.

"No, I am not flirting. By the way Aida, meet my little pain in the ass of a sister, Wendy." Greg made the formal introduction and gasped out loud.

"Ouch! Don't pinch me you minx!" Greg scolded.

"Serves you right for calling me a pain in the ass!" Wendy bantered back

"I was about to tell Aida that she could put up with us, you know, sharing your room for a while till she finds her own place, that is if you don't mind Aida and that is, if Aida doesn't mind a chit like you for a room-mate!" Greg stressed.

Wendy playfully punched him on the shoulder, "I am not a chit, you bossy big brother you! And I certainly don't mind Aida bunking in with me at all. We can set up a cot for her in my room; it's big enough for two. Just hope you don't mind my snoring." She giggled at Aida. "So how did you guys meet?" she added with a twinkle in her eyes.

"Stop being so nosey. I will tell you when we are on our way, right now let's go home, that is if Aida is willing," says Greg while looking back at Aida.

"I could not possibly impose on you guys..." Aida started to object.

"Nah, it will be alright. Come on let's get a move." Wendy adds chirpily.

Aida could not possibly believe her luck to run into this pair of good Samaritans of a brother and sister the moment she step down the soil of Philadelphia. She could not possibly turn down this good opportunity and instantly agrees to it. So Greg took her luggage while Wendy linked her arms through Aida as if they were old friends and led her to the parking lot where a battered Toyota parked.

The apartment was not much but at least it will save her some money till she gets a job. In no time the brother and sister had a cot made up for her at the other side of Wendy's room and her luggage unpacked. Aida was feeling grateful with the pair and decided to cook for them instead of eating out. She raided the fridge, which consisted a packet of spaghetti, some cheese a bottle of bologna sauce and set to work. Since the kitchen was too small to fit in the three of them, they had their meals at the sitting hall. They talked for a while more and Greg related how he and Aida met to his sister before calling it a night.

That night while she lay on the cot oblivious to Wendy's snores she thought about her lives so far has not been that bad apart from being tight on cash. If only she could get a job soon it would be better. In just a day she has come to like Greg and his sister friendliness and openness in accepting her. She was determined to get a job as fast as she could so as not to impose on the pair. Tomorrow I am going to get a job. With that in mind she fell into a peaceful sleep.

The next morning she rose early and has gone out to check the neighbour hood. She bought the local newspaper from a convenience store across the street and further down was a mini market where she decided to buy some fresh meat and vegetables to help out if she was going to be bunking with Greg and his sister for a while. That is the least I could do, she thought. When she got back to the apartment Greg and Wendy were already up. While Wendy was making coffee, Greg was washing up in the tiny bathroom.

"Morning, I've got us some breakfast." She called to them.

"Be out in a min," came Greg's muffled voice.

"And I got the coffee. Sugar, cream or just black?" Offered Wendy

"Black will do and thanks."

While they ate Aida perused the job sections and circled the potential jobs with a pen. Meanwhile Greg emerged from the bathroom with just his pyjamas bottom and a towel about his broad shoulder and defined chest. Aida looked up and felt a blushed at Greg's half dressed situation and quickly averted her eyes.

Seeing Aida's awkwardness at Greg's half nakedness, Wendy scolded her brother, "Go put on some clothes Mr. Johnson and be decent!"

"You really are a naggy kiddo, you know that?" Greg glares at his sister but there was an amuse smile on his lips and retreated back to his room to rummage for something to wear. "So you found any suitable position yet, Aida?" He called from his room. Greg came out from his room again now wearing a singlet and yesterday pair of jeans.

"Well, there is a firm looking for typist, a hyper-mart looking for cashiers and a hotel looking for chambermaids. I figure I could give them a try. Seems like the cashier and chambermaid position would be more suitable for me as it says here flexible hours. If I am to pursue my acting career, which I really want, I can't really take on any normal working hours job. You know, like if they call you for auditions..." says Aida.

"Yeah good point. That is why I rather work at the steak house for its flexible working hours. Say, since I have nothing on today you wanna come with me to see my agent? He is a nice guy. Used to be my drama teacher too back in high school before he turns agent." Offered Greg.

"I'd love to but I need to go down to the hyper-mart to see if I can get that cashier job."

"Ok, let me give him a call first as well to set the appointment today. Would later in the afternoon be cool? That would have given you ample time in the morning to see if you get anything out from that hyper-mart. And what about you kiddo?" Greg turning his attention to his little sister now, who was munching on a piece of doughnut brought back by Aida.

Wendy swallowed the piece of doughnut she was chewing before replying, "Well, I have three assignments today. So I would be all tied up."

"What do you do for a living or are you still studying?" Aida asked of her

"I am studying art and also modeling for art to fund my art course," she beamed a smile at Aida.

"Haven't you noticed how plump she is Aida? That is what the art class need. Plump nude models." Greg interjected cheekily.

Wendy glared at her brother and threw a doughnut at him. "It's call RUBENESQUE, you twit."

Greg roared with laughter, caught the doughnut and stuffed it in his mouth. Aida only smiled seeing the brother and sister sharing such a close relationship. She wished she had a brother or a sister but her mother died giving birth to her and she had never known her father, just her granny who brought her up single-handedly. They were poor but her granny always instilled in her to be proud of whom she was and never be ashamed just because they were poor. Her granny worked hard to give her a decent education. But due to the constant slogging and her refusal to seek medical treatment because she does not believed in wasting hard earned money on medicines, she finally succumbed to illness. Whatever possessions were left, she bequeathed to Aida but it was really not a lot. Aida was already taking a night course studying stage acting so it took a chunk out of the small inheritance left by her granny. After her granny died she decided to come to America to try her luck to get into stage acting.

"Aida?" Greg startled her out of her reminiscence.

"Oh, sorry. I was just doing some thinking."

"Ok, I just called Rupert...that's my agent name and he says 2.30pm today. That be ok with you?"

"It's fine. Then I better get going to see that job, it's a walk-in interview. Would you mind taking me to the hyper-mart please? I...I don't..." Before she can finished her sentence, Greg interrupted her.

"Sure, yeah I will take you there, don't worry. I know you don't know Philly. If you are early and if we have time, I could bring you around a bit before our appointment time with Rup. Hey! Kiddo, want a ride to your class?" Greg called to his sister.

"Yeah, gimme a min. Just grabbing my stuffs." Wendy called back.

Five minutes later they were all bundled into Greg's battered Toyota and on their way to drop Wendy off. Next, Greg made a detour and head off to the hyper-mart. While Aida went inside the building, Greg waited for her reading some old magazines which he retrieved from his compartment. He was so absorbed in it that he did not realized Aida has returned.

"I did it! They hired me on the spot. Starting tomorrow. Seven dollars an hour!" Aida said that in one breath obviously exhilarated.

Hastily, Greg crammed the magazine back into the compartment and shut it. "Woah, girl that is terrific! Guess we can celebrate a bit huh? Ok we are still early for our appointment with Rup, what say you I take you about for a tour."

"Thanks so much Greg for helping me. Meeting you and your sis has brought me nothing but luck." Aida eyes misted over and in her emotional state she leant over and gave Greg a hug. Greg was taken aback and sort of returned her the hug.

"No problem girl. You look so lost and innocent when I saw you yesterday, I knew you might need some help and glad I could. Come on, I will take you to Philly biggest art center and theatres. You will love it!"

Greg showed her the famous The Forrest Theatre and The Merriam Theatre, The Borowsky Gallery and many more. It was an eye opening. Aida was so awed with the art scene in Philly. She thought this was what she has always wanted, to live and breathe in a place where constantly art never sleep. They grab some hotdogs and coca-cola to eat in the car. It's cheaper that way instead of sitting down in a restaurant or bistro. At about 2.15pm they arrived at a small building. Greg parked his car and got Aida to follow him up some flights to a glass door where a simple sign read 'Rupert and Company' and below that 'If you got the acting talent, we want you' Greg opened the glass door and a chime went off announcing to the occupants of the office that there were visitors. A buxomy blonde sat at a table with a computer screen and some telephones stood up when they entered.

"Mr. Johnson, good to see you again. Mr. Delaware is waiting inside. Shall I inform him you are here yet?" The buxomy blonde gave Greg and Aida a toothy smile.

"Hey Sally, how are you today, you look gorgeous and yes please tell Mr. Delaware we are here please."

"Aww... Mr. Johnson, you are such a sweet man." Grinned the buxomy blonde while she punched the intercom on her table informing Rupert about their arrival. A voice came back to tell her to send them in. "You can go in now, Mr. Johnson."

Aida and Greg entered another door and sitting behind a table was a thin wiry looking man with a neatly trimmed moustache who immediately stood up and grabbed Greg outstretched hand. The two men exchanged some pleasantries and then Rupert looked over to Aida, "This must be Miss Aida Gonzalez," and shook hand with Aida. "Have a seat. So... I hear you're looking for acting jobs too Miss Gonzalez?"

"Call me Aida please, Mr. Rupert." Aida offered

"Then you better call me Rup too. Greg and me gone back a long way. So tell me what is your specialty?"

Aida took out her credentials and some referrals letters from her portfolio and proceeded to give Rupert Delaware a rundown.

"Ok, so you have done stage acting back in Mexico. Says here you are twenty years of age and finished Drama and Theatre advance. Not too bad. But I have to be frank with you Aida, I won't promise you anything. Every year there are hundreds and thousands of would be actors and actresses seeking jobs and exposure here, it would be a long shot but since you know Greg, I might be able to arrange something. I just got off the phone before you guys came in. A decent acting company by the name La Broadway, I am sure Greg has heard of that and worked in some of their productions too, that right, Greg?" he looked at Greg for confirmation and Greg nod his head before he continued, "They are looking for some females actress for some parts. So you think you wanna give it a try Aida?

Aida was speechless. What could she say? Second day in Philadelphia and she might even get an acting part. She was totally overwhelmed. "Oh yes! Please Rupert, if you could arrange an audition for me, I would really appreciate it!" She looked over to Greg who was smiling at her and patting her hand reassuringly.

"That's settled then. Mind you don't get your hopes too high though. I will see what I can do. Now, I need you to go back out to Sally and fill in some forms and she will brief you on our company policies and fees. I still have something to discuss with Greg.

Aida thanked Rupert and went out through the door. Sally gave her some forms to filled up and also a booklet on the company policies to read. Twenty minutes later Greg came out of the room. Both men hugged and patted each other and Rupert gave a nod to Aida. On the way back to the apartment Greg seems rather preoccupied so Aida tried to make small talk but Greg doesn't seems to be interested so she dropped it at that.

That evening Aida cooked up some of her homemade Mexican dish to celebrate her good fortune. Wendy was chatting merrily away about her day but Greg still seems to be a bit quiet than usual. After their meal, while Wendy was washing up the dishes, Aida decided to ask Greg if anything was wrong.

Mythrana
Mythrana
35 Followers
12