It's Just a Business Transaction Ch. 04

Story Info
Aida's fate is sealed.
6.1k words
4.47
19.9k
2

Part 4 of the 13 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 03/04/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Mythrana
Mythrana
35 Followers

"WHAT!!! YOU GOT MARRIED?? BUT HOW?" Wendy shouted unbelievably at Aida. Greg on the other hand looked at her as if she had just told them a sick joke. A terribly sick joke.

"It's not funny Aida," said Greg.

Aida looked at the floor, hands in her jeans, "I am not, Greg," said Aida with dead seriousness in her voice. Aida then related to both the brother and sister about her bail right up to the business transaction with Alex Jefferson.

"Aida, do you know what you got yourself into? Why does he want to help you? Who are you to him? You...you don't even KNOW him," says Greg hotly feeling frustrated. He runs his fingers through his sandy brown hair. Wendy could only looked at her brother than at Aida, back to her brother again, a worried look on her cute face.

"I really don't know, Greg. At that moment it seems like a pretty good solution!" said Aida distressingly.

"Void the contract Aida. Call him now to tell him the deal is off," Greg suggested.

"I can't Greg, I really can't. It's legal binding. I don't have money to pay him back and I wouldn't have money to pay for any lawyer to represent me!" said Aida a little too shrilly.

"Yeah, it's all about money isn't it..." said Greg giving her an ugly look.

"What is that suppose to mean, Greg? You don't think I really had anything to do with that cocaine thing, do you?!" said Aida, suddenly feeling very betrayed with Greg for doubting her innocence.

"Yeah, then why won't you break the contract?" said Greg angrily.

"Oh, what do you suggest after I break the contract prematurely? Hide in a hellhole for the rest of my life? As if being face with a potential lawsuit for suspicion of having cocaine is not enough and now you want me to get into trouble with the Jefferson??!!!"

Aida lashed back at him letting go all the pent-up frustration in her.

Meanwhile Wendy put her arms around Aida to show her support and said to Greg, "Greg, I think you are overboard. With our incapability where the lack of monies are concern, do you think we could be able to help Aida with her problems?" Wendy stared at her brother. "Well, do you?" Wendy challenged.

Greg tries to think of something to counter Wendy, he opens his mouth to say something but no words came out. He knew what Wendy had said was true. No, they don't have the means to help Aida at all. Feeling ever more frustrated than he already was, he slammed his fist in his palm.

"I am sorry Aida, I don't really mean it that way," said Greg apologetically

"It's ok," Aida sniffed.

"So you want any help in your wedding?" Greg asked feeling sheepish.

"Greg, there will be no wedding but merely to get it legalised at the courthouse. This wedding is not the kind where there will be pomp or celebrations! Except, that I need you two to be there at the courthouse to support me. I can't do this alone. Well, and as a witness to solemnize this so call wedding, you know what I am saying?" said Aida looking dejectedly.

Greg could only nod. He could feel Aida's frustration yet he could do nothing about it. "We'll be there for you Aida," Greg promised her.

The three of them huddled together, hands on each other shoulders, head to head giving support to each other. Since the day Aida was brought in for questioning and was held in the lock-up waiting on bail, her company has dismissed her. They'd sent her a dismissal letter stating that the company has a reputation to maintain and they could not afford to have would be criminals working for them. Aida would have expected it already since Alex has forewarned her about it.

On Thursday morning, Aida had an unexpected visitor in the form of Mrs. Marla Josef and some messenger boys at their apartment door. She was smartly dressed in a navy blue blazer and skirt and black low heel pumps. Aida was surprised by her appearance. Perhaps Alex Jefferson has asked Mrs. Josef to come and inform her that he decided not to go through with the transaction after all? She thought hopefully. No such luck. Mrs. Josef came bearing gifts. She had explained to Aida, that Alex has instructed her to send some gifts over. One of the messengers opened up a long square box filled with tissue and drew out a beautiful cream-colored knee-length dress. The dress was sleeveless; straight cut with three thin straps criss-crossing at the back and the front dipped into a square cut. Along the hem were little pearls sewn on it.

"Mr. Jefferson wants you to wear this for the solemnization, we still have time for alteration should you need it, Mrs. Jefferson," she smiled at Aida. Next she took a small velvet box from another messenger and set it in Aida's hand. Aida looked at Mrs. Josef with mixed emotion on her face. She then opened the box. Inside the box was a huge square cut white diamond ring. It was exquisite yet extravagance. Wendy who was with her gave a loud gasp.

"Holy cow! It's as big as a pistachio nut!" she exclaimed in wonder, her eyes big and round looking at the ring.

Aida immediately snapped shut the box and handed it back to Mrs. Josef. "Tell Mr. Jefferson it's too...too expensive. I can't accept it," said Aida.

It was Mrs. Josef's turn to exclaim looking scandalized. "But you must accept it Mrs. Jefferson! Mr. Jefferson would expect you to wear it. After all it's still a wedding!"

"But Mrs. Josef, you know it's not a real wedding! It's only a business transaction where I offer my service for a paycheck, said Aida exasperatedly.

"Nonsense Mrs. Jefferson! How many wedding does a young girl have in her life? There will be press there too. So it would be advisable..." before Mrs. Josef could finished her sentence, a startled Aida jumped up from her chair.

"PRESS??!!! He didn't mention anything about the press would be there?!" Aida cried, panic rising in her voice.

"Come, come now Mrs. Jefferson. After all Mr. Jefferson is quite a prominent person in the whole of Pennsylvania. Would you think his wedding would not have caught the attention of the media by now? I even have to sneak up here just now," Mrs. Josef smiled warmly as though it was perfectly alright to be caught by the press getting married to one of the richest man in America.

Aida slumped back down in her seat and buried her face in her hand groaning, "Oh no!"

Wendy sympathetically pats her on the shoulders trying to show her support. Wendy wondered what would her brother have done if he were here? Thank God he left early to the theatre. Mrs. Josef seems delighted that Aida finally accepted her fate and continued showing her some shoes in various patterns and sizes. Mrs. Josef insisted her on trying the shoes out. "Whatever," she muttered and reluctantly chose a pair and stuck her feet in it just to appease Mrs. Josef, wishing she would go away soon. Mrs. Josef then reminded her about the time and told her there will be a car waiting for her at 2.00pm to bring her to Luzerne County. Finally Mrs. Josef departed feeling rather happy with herself that she has accomplished her tasks.

The phone rang and Wendy went to pick it up while Aida sat slumped back at the sofa looking at the ceiling not really focusing. Wendy then called to her "It's for you..." Aida look at Wendy wearily and then dragged her feet over to the phone.

She picked up the phone, "Hello..." her voice sounding unenthusiastically.

"Hi Aida." A deep low voice said. It was he! Alex Jefferson.

"Oh...h...hi," her voice trembled a little at the sound of his voice.

"I hope you like the dress..." he said.

"Erm... thank you, it's er...nice," she answered not really truthfully.

"So have you pack your things or would you need help in that area?" Alex asked.

"Pack my things? Why?" said Aida questioningly.

"You do realize you will be staying with me...no?" said Alex to her.

"Staying with you??" Suddenly it dawned on her that she was expected to stay with him! She knew it! She knew she forgot to add something in the contract! But if they were not going to have sex, (she shuddered at the word sex) why does he need her to stay with him?

"Mr. Jefferson..."

"Alex, Aida..." he reminded her again to call him by his name.

"Right... A...lex, I recalled in our contract that we were not to be involve intimately, so is there a need..." before she could finish he interrupt her.

"Aida, the contract says you are to act as a wife to me for a duration of one year. You are required to live under the same roof with me. Check that out. Anyway wouldn't it look weird for you to stay in your apartment and I at my own? Remember you are carrying my name now, so it's rightly YOU should stay with me. Don't worry, if you think, that you are to sleep on my bed, although I don't mind. My bed is huge enough for two," amusement in his voice.

"No...no...that is not what I meant. I was trying to..."

He interrupts her again, "No? You don't mind sharing my bed?" God! Now he is taunting her.

"NO! I don't mean it that way!" Aida feeling cornered.

He laughs into the mouthpiece. Something must be wrong with her. Every time he laughs in that manner of his, it never fails to send a tingly sensation down her spine.

"Relax, Aida. I fully understand your dilemma. You are to stay in the same house with me though in a different room." NOW he tells her after putting her through the suspense. Inwardly she heaved a sigh of relief and muttered 'thanks' to him. There was still laughter in his voice when he bid her good day and hangs up.

She and Wendy spent the rest of the day packing whatever belongings she had. She would imagine if it was someone she loves and to be married to, the mood would be different. There would be laughter and much celebration even before the actual day itself. Her grandmother would have been so proud and happy for her and beaming with smiles from above. Probably they would even arranged a stud party just for her and unlike now, somber and lifeless. Dinner was made up of two microwaveable pasta and garlic bread, which she could not even finish. All through the day Wendy had nothing much to say too other than pats and hugs to reassure her.

Around midnight, she heard some movements upstairs and decided it must be Greg just returning home. Since she could not sleep she decided to go talk to him. She put on a sweater and went to look for Greg. At his door, she hesitated a moment and then knocked on it. A while later Greg opens the door. He was surprised to find her at his front door at this hour. Also, Aida had not step into his apartment since the last time she helped him shift.

"Can I come in?" she asked Greg.

"Yeah, sure come on in," replied Greg and stepping aside to let her in.

For a guy, Greg kept his place clean. It may be a bit cluttered but nevertheless free from dust and dirty clothing.

"CAn I get you anything? Coffee?" Greg offered.

"Sure," says Aida.

"So you can't sleep?" Greg asked while busying in the little kitchenette. He came back holding a cup for her and sat down next to her.

"Do you think I really made a big mistake, Greg?" she asked.

"What is done is done, girl. No use crying or worrying over it now," said Greg in a resigned tone.

"I thought I had so much going for me. All of a sudden, I found myself gotten framed with some stupid drugs. Worst, I found myself getting 'married' at the age of twenty-one in less than twenty-four hours! Why...why is life so unpredictable?!" Aida laments. Greg could only looked at her.

Suddenly she asked Greg, "Do you like me Greg?" She looked at him questioningly.

Greg was taken aback with her question. "Of course I like you girl..." Greg looks uncomfortably at her.

"I mean do you really, really like me? As in...you know...[like]?" she emphasized the word 'like' a little stronger. Greg just looked at her but did not reply.

"Kiss me Greg..." she asked him.

"Wh...what?" Greg was shocked at her strange request. Instead of waiting for Greg to say anything else, she leant forward and placed her lips on his. Greg lips felt cool but unmoving. She draws back, shocked at her own brazen behaviour and started to apologize.

"I...I am sorry Greg. I don't know what's gotten into me to...to do that." She made a move to stand up. God, I need to get out of here, FAST! She thought embarrassingly, face heating up.

Greg was caught off-guard when she abruptly stood up trying to get away from him. He pulled at her arm.

"No, wait Aida! That's not what I meant! I mean it's not like what you think..." Greg was flustered, trying to find the right words to say to her so as not to hurt her feelings. He was waving his hands then cupped his mouth as no other words come out.

"Don't Greg. I understand. I know you like me as a friend...just a friend. I am sorry if I expected more," she said bitterly, looking at the floor sounding very sad.

Greg tried again, "No, really Aida, that's really not what I am trying to put across to you. Ahh!..." He put his hands on his hips looking at Aida's feet. "I can't tell you now, Aida. All I can say is I am sorry but some day you will understand why...why I can't reciprocate your feelings. But you'll always be my good friend. The first girl that I truly could call a girlfriend without getting involved."

Aida leant forward, put her arms around his waist, head on his shoulder and started crying, sobbing her heart out. They stood there like that hugging each other for a long while. She didn't know when she had fallen asleep but the next morning she woke up to find herself slumped partially on Greg's shoulder with one of his arm on her waist, both of them on the sofa. She lifted her head to look at Greg. He was still asleep. Very carefully she tried to ease out of Greg's hug but he open his sleep-laden eyes. Greg gave a yawn and asked,

"What time is it?" he asked giving another yawn and rubbing his stubble jaw.

"A little past nine," said Aida. Somehow this morning she felt rather refresh even though she had slept sitting on the sofa last night. "Want some coffee?" she offered.

"Might as well," said Greg sleepily. He closed his eyes, leant back against the sofa while Aida busied herself in the tiny kitchenette making some coffee.

"So what are you going to do this morning before two o'clock?" Greg asked Aida with his eyes still closed.

"I don't know. Maybe check through the packing if I have left anything out," her voice drifted out from the kitchen.

That woke Greg up. He sat upright. "Did you say packing?" He asked.

She did not immediately answer him but walked back to the sofa, handing him his coffee and sat down next to him. "Yeah, I have to shift to his place."

"Today?" asked Greg.

"Yes..." Aida clasped her fingers on her knees and gave a nod at Greg confirming her answer.

"So who is helping you with the things?" Greg asked in monotone.

"Well, he called me yesterday to just pack up and he will send someone later for it," said Aida. She was about to add something else when there was a quick succession of loud knock on the door. Greg immediately got up to get the door with Aida at his heels. It was Wendy. She charged in the room and went straight to the window.

"Hey guys, come look over here." Wendy's eyes never left the scene outside the window. Both Aida and Greg gave one look at each other and rushed over to look out. Across the street from their apartment there were about five or six what look like reporters with zoom lens cameras aiming at their direction, snapping away. Then Wendy points towards their building entrance. There, two extremely tall and huge burly black guys in black suits with equally black glasses like those in MIB standing or rather, guarding the entrance to their building.

"They sure got the news fast," said Greg shaking his head.

"I bet there are more behind the building," add Wendy.

Aida did not say anything but you could tell by her look she was disturbed. Just then Greg's phone rang. Greg went to pick up the phone,then looked at Aida and said, "It's for you. I think it's him."

Alex?! How does he know she was up here? She thought, feeling flabbergasted. Slowly she walked over and took the phone from Greg.

"He...hello?"

"Aida? Stay in the house and don't come down till the time comes. I have two bodyguards at your place to make sure you are not to be disturbed. By the way you are cleared of all suspicion on the drugs. They won't be any proceeding. They don't have enough evidence to charge you so the case has been dropped. Hello? Aida, are you there?" Alex called.

"I...I am here," she breathed a sigh of relief when she heard him said her case has been drop. "Thank you, Alex"

"You are welcome. So...I shall see you later," he said languidly.

She was still holding on to the phone when Wendy roused her from her reverie. Once Wendy got her attention, has suggested that they cooked some breakfast, as it's still some time before her 'wedding'. They all decided to go back down to Wendy's place to have their breakfast.

_____

Meanwhile back to Alex. The day Aida signed the contract he has started giving orders that his mini office were to be converted to a very feminine bedroom and cupboards were filled with Aida's size clothing. With his wealth, the order of converting the mini office to a bedroom was done in less than one and a half day. His friend Ian's wife has agreed to help out even though both she and Ian was shocked with his sudden urgent need to wed. Although they have been good friends for years but it's an unwritten rule that none would delve into each other personal affairs if either one did not want to speak or discussed about it. He also made a few calls here and there to the right person and Aida was free from all charges on the drugs. Sometimes money can really do wonders. Money talks and bullshit walks. How true were those words. He has gone to see his grandfather at the hospital and has gently break the news to him. To his surprise his grandfather had taken it very calmly. He would have thought his grandfather would be giving him a piece of his mind but he did not.

"Do what you think is right my boy. I am old now. I can't be meddling with your life and I trust you will do the right thing. You have proved yourself to be a worthy Jefferson exceeding beyond my imagination," he patted Alex on his hands. "So, when do I get to meet the bride or my personal nurse?"

Alex smiled, "Soon, when you are better and I will take you home. I am not going to let you stay here any longer than necessary." He helped his grandfather to lie down and fluffed his pillow making sure he was comfortable. "Grandpa, I need to go now. I will see you later. NOW you be a good boy and sleep and don't give Miss. Kathy anymore troubles.

"Bah! she is a bully. You better get rid of her. Too rigid with the rules," said old man William Sr. trying to look angry but lacking of fire. His grandson just laughed already feeling sympathetic towards Aida. He hope they could get along and he was sure Aida would make a good but unwilling granddaughter-in law.

He too was even surprised with himself why he was so intrigued with Aida. He could easily get her out of the drug charges out of compassion but he wanted to know her like nobody else. There was a genuine innocence about her, her openness and honesty that you can't find in other females these days. And she was not taken in or intimidated by his status or massive wealth. One thing for sure he knows he wasn't in 'love' with her. He cringed inwardly at the word 'love'. He reminded himself again that love is for the die-hard romantic, silly fops or starry-eyed teenagers. He is a man of business, of substance. He doesn't have time to daydream. There is always that corporate for take over or that company to be listed or that business deal to be concluded. It was a heady moment when he could outwit his rivals in the business world. Even the most experienced feared his shrewdness.

He had truly wanted to just help her out with no condition attached but after reading about her in the news, he suddenly has formulated a plan to get her closer to him even if it's for a short time. I guess that is just me. Everything is about business and challenge. He mused. Besides his grandfather does need a woman's touch not just any woman. He could easily hire the best nurse in the whole county but it would not be the same to be taken care of personally by someone close to you like a family member. Ian had playfully suggested Marie and her son, Roderick just to irritate him and has earned the wrath of his handsome friend. Over my dead body. He had told Ian.

Mythrana
Mythrana
35 Followers
12