It's Just a Business Transaction Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Mythrana
Mythrana
35 Followers

"You can lie to me. You can even lie to Alex. But you can't lie to yourself. And you were afraid he would reject you," said the old man matter-of-factly.

"No, I really am not. Besides there is no place for love in a business transaction," said Aida little more assertively. Of course she knew she was lying. She could not let them know. Alex would only make a mockery out of her like what he did last night. The word 'shrew' still stung in her mind.

The old man shook his white head.

"Is it so important to say the word out loud? Many couples who went through a love relationship before settling down. In the end some divorced. Of course some lived happily ever after. Now, don't get me wrong. I am not saying it's not good to say the word 'love' out loud. But would hearing them makes you feel better when in truth he may not really mean it? Or would you prefer him to show you in his actions? I don't know what had happen between you and Alex. Yesterday both of you seem fine and today I see you looking distress and listless. And now what with the sabotage. Give him some time, my dear. I am just an old man. Ignore my blabbering. Shall we go for lunch? Mrs. Timont had promised to make my favourite dish, honeyed spare ribs," William Sr. concludes with a gleeful smile at Aida.

Aida pondered over the old man's words. She was sure it's not just because Alex was great in bed that made her fall in love with him. She loved the way he cared for his grandfather. She loved the way he honoured and respected their agreement by not forcing himself on her. She was sure if she had not given in to him freely even till today he would not have force himself on her still. Maybe it's a game to him? But would any hot- blooded male could do what he had done the first four months of their marriage. Just to be contented with kissing her and sometimes holding her to sleep? He must have had enough respect for her in order to honour his words. Why does this thing call love need to be so complicated? Why can't it be simpler? She realized she was a novice at love and she had a lot to learn. Right now she had to block out her feelings for Alex before it gets too deep. She was an actress, wasn't she? Just pretend this was a stage. Pretend that she was only playing the role. It's only another five months to go, she could do it. She told herself.

Little did Aida know, things were getting even more complicated. Her menstruations were never regular. She would have never guess that she would be pregnant and five weeks pregnant too. And very soon she would learn that she would even lay down her life in order to save Alex too.

To be continued...

Mythrana
Mythrana
35 Followers