It's Just a Business Transaction Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Mythrana
Mythrana
35 Followers

"No…I was angry. I jumped to conclusion and thought…"

"You thought she was going to run away with this Greg and started accusing her? What else did you do or say that makes her run off?" said his grandfather looking intently at Alex.

"I…I was so angry…I force her…"

"You forced your attention on her," his grandfather finished the sentence for Alex with a resigned look.

Alex could only nod. His grandfather gave a sigh and shook his head.

"It's the same with all the males of the Jefferson. We had this hidden anger in us. If we had it under control it would be fine. But once we let it loose it can create hell," said his grandfather.

"What are you saying, grandpa?" Alex asked, a little confused with his grandfather's incomprehensible explanation.

"The males in this family had this syndrome called Dysinhibition Syndrome. It's hereditary and it's a psychological disorder. It happens to the males only…well so far we have no girls on our side so I wouldn't know if it would happen to them too. When we were being provoked we forget who or what we were doing and unleashed this uncontrollable anger within us. Thank goodness we hardly expressed it and seems to be thinning out as the bloodline goes further down. So far I have not displayed any of the syndrome before. Maybe I was lucky. I wasn't provoked to the point that I had no control over my anger and to unleash it outwardly," explained his grandfather.

Alex remembered he was so angry this morning he could not see reasons. All he wanted to do was to teach Aida a lesson. And it was the first time he had ever lost his temper so badly and it scared him. It was like he was outside his body witnessing the scene but he had no control over the situation.

"There is something else you wanted to ask other than telling me Aida had gone missing?" said his grandfather, seemingly reading his mind.

"Grandpa do you know the stage actress Sonja Matthias?" asked Alex.

"Seen her on the people's magazines and such. Said she was an accomplished actress. Why do you ask me that?" said the old man sounding confuse.

"Because her full name was Sonja Matthias Mendelssohn and I just found out she was the owner of J.M. Mendelssohn for the past ten years the company you invested in twenty years ago," said Alex.

"You think this Sonja was related to the three dead Mendelssohn in some way?" said the old man getting more confused. "But how were they related?"

"That, I have to ask of you grandpa. I think it's time you tell me the truth what happen that night twenty-four years ago," said Alex looking steadily at his grandfather.

Then he added. "Grandpa, I need you to tell me exactly what really happened to the Mendelssohn. Father would not have accidentally killed them. I am sure father was totally incensed over something until he displayed this…this anger behaviour that he went into an uncontrollable rage and kill," said Alex looking at his grandfather for an explanation.

The old man looked at Alex for a while before he said in a neutral tone.

"Your father was a paedophile," said the old man, matter-of-factly.

Alex was stunned at this piece of news. His father a paedophile? He knew his father was a ladies' man but a paedophile? It can't be.

"Your father was a brilliant man and a promising candidate for the senator post but he has a sick interest in children. I knew that long ago and so does your mother. I did try to send him for therapy sessions but it was useless. At that time his career was taking off so well. I wanted him to join the political scene so much but with his sick mind it was rather impossible. Our business rivals would love to see us rot in hell if they ever found out about your father's unnatural liking. We would be finished. Public don't take likely to paedophiles. I would not be surprise if our assets would be confiscated and the family persecuted," said his grandfather sadly.

"Let me guess then, Jeremiah Mendelssohn found out about father's interest and blackmailed him." It was a statement rather than a question.

"Not only that, it was Jeremiah himself who arranged those kids for your father and he had your father's activities secretly taped down then he wanted your father to make him a shareholder of our business empire. He wanted 50% of our shares. So one night in a fit of anger your father had gone over to his place. He wasn't home yet and your father raped his wife. Just then he returned home and saw your father on his wife. They got into a fight and his wife was accidentally killed then your father killed him. The worst thing was your father even raped his son and tried to kill him," said the old man, his eyes now red as tears were pouring.

"Then it wasn't an accident that Jeremiah got killed? Anyone else know about this incident?" Alex asked agitatedly getting aghast at his late father's behaviour.

"Your father shot him point blank in rage and Marie - she saw everything that night," said his grandfather. "But what has all this got to do with this Sonja Matthias Mendelssohn?

"Because I think they were very closely related," said Alex.

"Related? It's impossible! Our company records showed Jeremiah Amos Mendelssohn had no other relatives except his sister Rebekah Mendelssohn and his wife was an orphan and they only had a son by the name Jason Mendelssohn. And that night there was only three Mendelssohns in the house. Two dead adults and one almost dead young boy!" said his grandfather.

"What was Jeremiah's wife name? Can you remember grandpa?" asked Alex.

"No…but I remember her surname was Matthias…" his grandfather stopped in mid-sentence then continued. "That's the second name of this actress!"

Alex nodded.

"But they don't have any daughters. I am very positive about that!" said his grandfather adamantly.

"Were you positive that the boy died in Poland?" said Alex.

"That was what Rebekah Mendelssohn told me!" said the old man.

"So you did not actually see the little boy's body?" Alex pressed on.

"No! I was in a way glad that he died. Not that I wanted him to but he was suffering so much! Even if he were to regain consciousness he would not grow up to be a real man. Your father…your father…I saw the little boy's private part. It was beyond…beyond repair!" cried the old man. He could still vividly recall the gruesome sight of the little boy's penis and testicles. Kicked beyond recognition by his son.

"Thank you grandpa. I think that is all I needed to know. I am sorry I have to put you through this agony and I am very positive Sonja was trying to take revenge on us for the dead Mendelssohns. Only thing is, I wonder how closely related she was to the Mendelssohns," said Alex.

"You seems to know this Sonja personally?" said his grandfather.

"Went out a couple of times with her before I married Aida, not my type," said Alex.

"You bedded her?" asked his grandfather while narrowing his eyes.

Alex gave a sardonic laugh. "Almost. She wanted my ass and I said no."

His grandfather looked at him shockingly.

"Grandpa, I need to talk to Marie if that was alright with you and I need to find Aida," said Alex.

The old man nodded his head.

"Do try and keep your anger. By the way Marie secretly took a tape from the Mendelssohn's house that night to blackmail me. But she hasn't used it on me since the last time. Frankly I am not sure if she still have it or just calling it a bluff," said William Sr. giving that extra piece of information to Alex.

Alex knew now why his grandfather had continued to let Marie and his half-brother stayed on with them for so many years. Alex decided to go looked for Marie and asked her if she had seen anyone else in the house that fateful night.

Just then Alex's mobile rang. He answered the phone while going in search for Marie and his half-brother. It was the first time he had taken the initiative to look for his stepmother.

"Hello,"

It was his ECOO – Dan Edward informing him that they had caught a suspect with some explosives at their oil refinery and was asking for his advice if they should call the police yet. It didn't take a genius to guess who the suspect was.

"Was his name Greg Johnson?" said Alex into the mobile.

"Yes sir and he insisted to speak with you first," replied his ECOO from the other end.

"I will be there in an hour, meanwhile don't call the police yet," Alex instructed of his ECOO.

He was still looking for Marie and her son but it seems they were not in the house. He got hold of Mrs. Timont the head housekeeper only to be told by her that Miss Marie and Mr. Roderick hasn't been home since last Thursday afternoon.

Finally he decided to call La Broadway theatre to look for Sonja only to be told the theatre would be closed for renovations therefore there won't be any shows on for another month or so. Alex was very sure now Sonja was in some way related to the three late Mendelssohn. And there was still no news about Aida. Even though it was still too early to call the police to report for a missing person but he was not going to take chances. Alex knew the Police Chief Commissioner personally. He decided to call the PCC for help to locate Aida.

After giving details to the PCC he had gone to his oil refinery to deal with Greg. He would drill Greg for information before he hands him over to the police.

____________

"Well, you wanted to see me? I am here now so talk before I send your ass to jail?" said Alex coldly to Greg.

They were in the Branch Manager's office. Greg's hand was tied behind his back sitting on a chair. Most of his props make-up had fallen off during his scuffles with the security guards.

"You have to believe me, I wasn't given a choice," said Greg looking desperately at Alex.

"First thing first, where is Aida? Her station wagon was still parked below your apartment when I went there earlier," said Alex glaring at Greg.

"I don't know where she is!" said Greg firmly.

"You better start talking Johnson, I don't have time to play games with you. Who asked you to do all these things to me?" said Alex in a low voice. He was controlling his anger.

"I won't talk unless you promise to help my sister!" said Greg angrily.

"You don't bargain with me Johnson, you can either talk now or I'll send for the police right now! And I won't lay a finger on you but I can't promise you would be treated the same courtesy you received here when at the police station. I heard they are rough, so think about it," threatens Alex.

Greg thought over his situation now. Either way he was as good as dead. He failed to detonate the C-4, which he was sure Sonja would notice by now as there was no news on the TV mentioning any oil refinery going up in smoke. He could only pray Sonja would delay in killing his sister off and buy him some time so he could ask this arrogant bastard in front of him for help. After all he was the cause for all this shit. Sonja's target was Alex not him. He and Rupert were just in the wrong place and at the wrong time.

"It was Sonja your old flame who were behind all these incidents. I am merely a pawn. I don't have a choice. She got my sister and she killed a friend of mine just yesterday to prove a point to me that she meant business if I don't carry out her order. It was you she was after! Don't ask me why…I sincerely don't know," said Greg truthfully.

"Let's make one thing clear. Sonja was NEVER an old flame. Now where is Aida? And why did you asked her for half a million?"

"I swear to you I don't know where she is. She left my place after…after she found out about what I was intending to do. I thought she might have told you about me already, I guess she didn't. As for the money, I was planning to run away from this madness but Sonja seems to have found out about my plan and had intercepted my move one step ahead of me and kidnapped my sister. You don't looked surprise to know it was Sonja behind all these," said Greg.

"I have my sources and I think Sonja wants me to know," said Alex. "How do you contact Sonja? And you weren't planning to run away with Aida?"

"I don't contact her. She called me through an unlisted number when she wants me to do something for her. And who gave you the idea I was going to run off with Aida?" said Greg.

"Did you know La Broadway used to belong to Sonja?" Alex asked.

"No!" Greg was surprised at this piece of news.

"Well used to but not anymore," said Alex. "Do you know if she have any other accomplice with her.

"Yeah, a man and a woman but I never really get the chance to see their face. They were always hiding behind the background," said Greg. "You gotta help my sister. The mad bitch will kill her."

"She will call eventually because you failed your mission. And then I will deal with her," said Alex.

"So what are you going to do to me now?" Greg asked.

"Right now I would like to smash your face in," said Alex, matter-of-fact.

"Why?" questioned Greg.

"Because you lied and used Aida," said Alex.

"Look who is talking? I used and lied to her? What about you? You treated her like an object! Your so-called investment! Business transaction my ass! Just because you are rich you think you can buy anyone you want?! Greg retorts at him.

"I married her. I gave her a name," said Alex calmly but inside of him was boiling.

"Oh come on Jefferson. You don't love her. She is just a plaything to you! You just wanted to fuck her!" said Greg savagely.

At this point Alex had got up so fast from his chair and smashed his fist into Greg's jaw. There was no way Greg could have avoided Alex's blow and his hands were tied. He fell off his chair from the blow.

"Don't you insult Aida! She is not a plaything! She is MY WIFE! Mother to my unborn child and I LOVE HER!" said Alex through clenched teeth.

Greg shook his head to clear the pain and broke out in laughter. "What? The arrogant Jefferson fell in love? Now that is news!"

"Now tell me why did you allow Sonja to use you in her schemes?" Alex asked trying to keep his cool again before settling himself back into the chair.

Greg just sat on the floor staring at him with dislike then gave a sad smile.

"Sonja caught me making out with a man," said Greg without any emotions.

Alex looked at Greg as though he had sprouted horns on his head.

"Why are you looking at me like that? Haven't you heard of gays? Faggots? Yeah, that's me!" Greg spat the words out.

"So…so you didn't go to bed with…with Aida?" Alex asked, holding his breath, afraid of what Greg might say that would dash his hope.

"Didn't you hear what I just said? I am a gay not a bisexual. I don't go both ways. I like screwing men only!" Greg hissed at him.

Alex's heart was soaring with relief. It was his mind that has been playing tricks all along. His Aida hadn't slept with this faggot. She must have said all those things just to spite him. At that moment he wanted to jump up and shout with joy.

Just then there was a knock on the door. It was Alex's ECOO; Dan Edward informing him the police were here. Alex instructed him to bring them in. Meanwhile Alex groped around Greg's uniform to get his mobile. Alex knew Sonja was bound to call soon and he would be waiting.

A large man with sleepy eyes and receding hairline came in with two police officers and turned to acknowledge Alex.

"Mr. Jefferson? I am Detective Hudson," said the detective while flashing his badge.

Alex gave a nod and pointed to Greg. "That's the suspect and his stuffs."

The detective unzipped the blue sport bag and peered inside.

"Take him in boys," said the detective to his officers.

The police officers put a pair of handcuffs on Greg's wrist but before they could lead him out, Greg rushed to Alex. "I beg you save my sister. She is innocent!"

The police officers bundled Greg off leaving Alex and the detective in the room.

"The Chief called me to inform me about your missing wife. She has been missing for how many hours now? About six give and take?" said the detective casually.

Alex nodded. "I believe she was kidnapped. There is still no call yet but I think it won't be long. By the way your PCC highly recommended you for this job."

The detective gave Alex a polite smile. This is the first time he had come this close to the rich billionaire. The man was more handsome in flesh and there was certainly an authoritative aura about him. He remembered about seven or eight months back when the department had received a mystery call informing them someone was peddling cocaine in La Broadway and they had gone down to arrest the suspect. It turns out the suspect was a small lovely Mexican woman. Personally he felt Aida was innocent but then looks can be deceiving and the forensic department did found her fingerprints. But three days later her bail were fully paid up and another two days later she was married to Alex Jefferson. Definitely sounds like a modern day fairy tales. Damsel in distress rescued by handsome rich billionaire. The PCC had called him to drop the case against Aida much to his dislike. What could he say or do? He was just a Lieutenant. Maybe if he was a Police Commander he might have more say in the case but then again when you were pitting against filthy rich people like the Jefferson what were the chances of him coming out the ultimate winner?

" So what can I do for you Mr. Jefferson?" said the detective.

"Help me to find my wife of course," said Alex, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Look Mr. Jefferson, your wife has only been missing like six hours. It's still too early to…"

Before he could finish, Alex interrupted him. "I understand from your PCC that there is a Police Commander vacancy waiting to be filled. Now I understand too that there are a few potential candidates eyeing for the post. From Lieutenant to Commander are two jumps not to mention the competition involved…" said Alex briskly, looking coolly at the detective.

"You're trying to patronize me?" said the detective.

"Detective Hudson, I believe I made it very clear to the PCC that I wanted someone whom I can trust and capable of handling my situation efficiently and quietly without letting the world know, and as I have said you came highly recommended. And I did not say you would be made Commander immediately but if you find my wife, I am sure we can work something out. I am sure Mrs. Hudson would be thrill with all the perks that comes with being the Police Commander's wife," said Alex authoritatively.

Detective Hudson had been eyeing that post for months now and his wife had been pestering him to do something about it. He was a good cop just that he wasn't that clever in buttering anyone's ass and had been stuck as a Lieutenant for like donkey years without much changes. He always believed to do things by the book. No hiding, no hanky-panky but then he was not young anymore. He was now forty-five and he could not afford to miss any more good opportunities. Besides the chances were rather slim as there were too many younger candidates who were just as good as him if not better to fill the position. And now this Jefferson has offered to help him to realize his dream in return for finding his wife but keep things under wraps. Why not? He was still a cop. Finding missing person was his duty too.

"Mr. Jefferson, you have to give me something to work on your case. I can't just go blindly looking for your wife when I don't have a clue who was the kidnapper and you want me to lock up that Johnson kid without charging him yet when he was trying to blow up your refinery?!" said the frustrated detective, feeling annoyed with Alex secrecy.

Just then Greg's mobile rang. Alex made a sign to the detective to be silent while he took the call. He looked at the LCD screen and noticed it was an unlisted number. Must be Sonja trying to contact Greg now.

"Hello…" said Alex calmly into the phone.

Mythrana
Mythrana
35 Followers