It's Who You Know Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
IvoryTusk
IvoryTusk
147 Followers

We were discussing Daniel, my on-and-off dysfunctional uni boyfriend. I really didn't want to think about him for long, so I blurted it out fast.

"Yeah, well, last time I saw him he raped me."

Darren went quiet and studied me in surprise.

"Got me nice and drunk, possibly drugged, took me home, and fucked me while I said no."

"... You sound awfully nonchalant about it."

"I can't be bothered to care about it. Shit happens." I stared at the floor. "You're actually the first person I've told." He was sitting closer, putting his arm around me. "I kept partying once I was done with uni, because I was an idiot. Couldn't leave that lifestyle behind. He wasn't the only mistake I made."

"Why did you keep doing it?"

"People just expected it of me, y'know? At school, I was the class clown in every lesson. Get older, I was the sex clown of nightclubs who pulled every fucking night out. People invited me out because they expected me to get some, and they hoped, thought it was supposed to help them get some, too. It could be guys or girls, which was part of the fun in it. 'Who, what, is Tyler getting this time?' Jesus Christ." I frowned at the wood at my feet. "People love it when you're funny. They forget you've got feelings. You're not always walking happiness."

His arm squeezed my middle tighter and I got Amanda's nose in my face. I'll admit it, dogs are pretty amazing, how they sense your mood change. I was really attached to that dog by then. I loved how she followed Darren everywhere in the house, watching him with complete adoration.

I breathed in Darren's scent, leaning against him. "Rick was right about you."

"About what?"

"You treat people well."

His knuckles brushed my cheek.

"You've been so good to me," I continued. "Right from the start."

"It's what you deserve."

"Maybe. I'm just not used to it."

"Everyone deserves to be treated well, Ty."

I sat straight to grip the nape of his neck, pressing my forehead against his. "All of this has been amazing. You're amazing. I wouldn't change a thing that's happened."

"Maybe we could've done without the street fight and car crash."

"No." I kissed him. "Those men would've found you even if I wasn't there, and I don't want to think what might've happened to you. You were thinking of going with them, you fucking idiot."

His eyes were soft, then hidden as he looked down. "What that man said. It still won't leave my head."

"You never trust someone like that. Ever. No matter what."

"What if what he said was true?"

"Then there's some mob boss out there who wants to steal your business." I stroked the scar on his cheek. "It probably wasn't true. He was probably saying whatever, to get you to go with them nicely, so they could take you somewhere quiet and make it a clean job."

"Yeah but-"

"They weren't gonna let me go. I was a witness, they were gonna kill me, Darren."

He held me tight. I was never going to tell him the other things I had thought about, how far my imagination could go. The thought of Darren becoming a victim of one of those horror news stories made my blood run cold. There's some sick people out there, who like to have 'fun' before they make their kill.

Everything about that man set off every alarm I had. Maybe I was thinking all the worst possible things in an attempt to justify what I had done. To justify it to everyone else. In my heart, I was sound with what happened. Hopefully I'd never be in a situation for it to happen again, but I wasn't going to live with guilt for protecting Darren.

"I guess I should call Jackson," he said.

I knew why he was apprehensive about it. He wanted a break. He was scared of what news he might hear. He didn't want to hear about the current movements of the criminals hunting him down. It was still a surreal thing.

I stroked my fingers through his hair, pulled back to study his face. His eyes were still soft.

"Ty," he started. "I know you've practically been living here the past couple of months, but, do you want to move in? Like, properly."

My heart fluttered. I didn't know what to say. "Yes, I... I'd like that. I'd love that."

His face lit up with a smile.

"I've got a lot of shit," I said.

"I'm sure there's room for it." He started to get to his feet. "And hurry up with your new car, so we're not both sponging off Zack all the time."

"You miss it, don't you?"

"I liked your car."

"I liked my car." I watched him head towards the kitchen, Amanda trotting behind him and almost getting beneath his feet. "Can't I just drive your Lambo for a bit, 'til it's sorted?"

He paused, glanced over his shoulder. "I guess, yeah."

Amanda stayed at the threshhold where the light wood turned into kitchen tiles, as well-behaved as ever. She looked around at me, her tongue hanging out, as if she wanted me to agree with her on how awesome Darren was.

IvoryTusk
IvoryTusk
147 Followers