Ivanovs Ch. 01

Story Info
The beginning of Nicolette's and Gernick's journey.
6.7k words
4.7
33.1k
27

Part 1 of the 7 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 05/29/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers

Hello, here is the continuation of She Wolf series. I would suggest that if you have not read that series, then you may need to read that series before reading this story. None of the characters in this story is real. So please read and then relax.

I want to thank Overstar for taking time to edit this chapter. Any mistakes found there in are not reflexive of his editing, because I tweaked the story once more before submitting.

I hope you enjoy the story and look forward to hearing what you think.

*****

Your son has shamed you once again. He took is mate to dogs to prevent her from dying. Honestly Gregor, that young man is a true embarrassment. No wonder his mother chose to die rather than stay here to raise the pathetic creature she gave birth to. You must do something; the bitch and his bastard child need to be dealt with as well. You, my dear husband, are the council. Will you allow this blot, this mistake, to make you a laughingstock amongst your kind?Esmerelda spoke to her mate. She loved the life she lived, but there was only one dark spot, the child he had with his first wife. She worked her whole life to erase that mistake. Gernick should have been killed and laid to rest with his mother over eight centuries ago. If Esmerelda had her way, she would not only rid the world of his vermin, but free the world of his bitch and bastard as well.

But she could not strike on her own. She had to wait. Gregor was the oldest of their kind and he was the deciding vote on the council. So for centuries she manipulated her husband to get her way. She hated Gernick Ivanov, and had taught her children to hate him as well. Only one child defied her, and that was her failing. She should have sent Gernick away sooner. Her son, Garrick, bonded with his half-brother and that bond had yet to be broken. He was the only one to stand against them as far as the bastard was concerned. But to get rid of this blight, she might have to sacrifice her first born. She'd miss him, but she'd do it willingly. "Soon Gernick, you will join your bitch of a mother, and you'll take your whore and bastard with you."

*****

Thunder clapped as a summer storm brewed outside the mansion. Amerie and Claus were sitting in the atrium enjoying the late summer rain. The two decided to stretch out in a hammock; Claus looked at the beautiful woman lying beside him and was flabbergasted. "Amerie are you alright? I know the past few weeks have been full of changes." He was referring to the birth of their grandson and reunion with their wolf family. He was so grateful that Nicky and baby Jonathan lived that he thanked the Gods and Goddesses himself. Because they survived, Gernick had a reason to fight now, and he'd make damn sure he was there for his son.

Claus knew this lovely woman was his mate, but he had not told her yet. It was something special about this woman. He knew it the first time he laid eyes on her. She was nearly insane from hunger and despair, but something in him could not let her go. He had to save her, and he did. He brought her home.

To Claus, Amerie Valdez Vlad was an angel; she had the clearest skin and bluest eyes. Her sun kissed blond locks often fell across her brow. She considered herself older, so she wore her hair in tight up do. He longed for her to allow her locks to flow freely. He smiled as he imagined the beautiful sight she would make as she lay in his bed, wearing nothing but a smile, waiting for him to join her.

Amerie was lying next to him when she realized he was becoming aroused; her body reacted instinctively. She had not been with a man since Nicolas, and that was over four hundred years ago. She was surprised by her reaction. She quickly moved to get up when he encircled her waist and held her close. "Don't go." he whispered. "I like being here with you."

Amerie was confused. Here she was in a secluded room with a man who was clearly aroused and he was asking her to stay. She had no idea what caused this reaction, but she knew it wasn't her. "Claus, I think you need to be alone, It's clear you were thinking about someone and um..." she blushed.

Claus smiled, "Do you want to know whom?" he asked.

Amerie looked into his eyes and read his desire. "Um, you are a virile man. I'm sure whoever she was; well, you seemed to be captivated by the thought of her." She explained as she climbed off of the hammock.

"Amerie, we can't keep ignoring this. I will be blunt. I want you, but I want more than just a fling. You mean the world to me and I hope soon you will come to accept me. I want to be more than your friend." He kissed her cheek.

""What about Nicky? I know you may think it's silly, but this will affect her. She's been through so much Claus. What if she can't accept..." she explained.

"Stop, she and Gernick are adults. They re married and have a child. We have raised our children, and dedicated our lives to them. We deserve a shot at happiness as well. Amerie. I want that shot with you." He kissed her lightly. "Give us a chance, alright."

Amerie nodded, "OK, but we take it slow." he hugged her then. His mate accepted him, and that was all he needed to hear.

She and Claus held each other for a while and talked. Soon they realized they each had things to do. Amerie wanted to check on Nicky and the baby so she went in search of her and found her working on her sketches in the library. She walked in quietly, not wanting to disturb her. "Nicolette, I see you've almost finished." She stated admiring the magnificent drawing.

Nicky smiled at her mother and answered. "Yes, I hope Nina and Thaddeus like it. I want to finish the other one tomorrow before they get here. Where have you been, Momma, you seem flushed?" she asked, noticing her mother's flushed cheeks.

"We were in the atrium enjoying the calm of the rain." Claus explained as he walked in. Claus looked at Amerie with such longing that you'd have to be blind not to see it. Amerie didn't respond openly, so Nicky decided to refrain from commenting. However, her job was to protect her mother, and he had better not try to take advantage of her. Then she realized that this was Claus. He was a great guy. Maybe she was mistaken. But just in case, she'd watch him.

Nicolette smiled at her mother and Claus; she loved to draw and for the past five weeks her muse had returned. Gernick had workmen to come in and they were in the process of remodeling two rooms in their home into a studio for her. Nicolette was surprised to learn that he followed her art. He was actually a collector and had several of her pieces on display in many of his homes.

She had invited her friends to visit and wanted to surprise them, so she was creating a portrait of Nina and Thaddeus. She was creating a second painting of the children, grandchildren, and mates. Thinking of the cubs made her miss her little guy, so she decided to peak in on him. She felt a sense of pride as both Claus and Amerie admired her drawings. Claus felt like a proud Papa, because the girl was amazing and truly talented. She was a true testament of his love Amerie, and he looked forward to truly becoming her father one day.

Soon her breast began to feel heavy and she missed her son. Excusing herself from her mother and friend, she walked to the nursery, where she found her little boy wide awake and playing with his favorite toy, a stuffed wolf cub. She smiled and lifted him from his bed. His nanny, Petra, moved to relieve her, but she assured her she was fine. It was time for him to feed anyway. She carried her son to the padded rocker his father had built for them and set offering him her breast. He latched on; drinking receiving the nourishment he needed from his mother.

Soon Nicky felt his small fangs prick her as her drank both the milk and blood he needed to survive. Soon he was full and she burped him. He amazed her. She could not believe that she'd given birth to such a perfect being. "Jonathan, you are so wonderful and so loved. I love you with all I have in me." She whispered to her son as she cradled him close. Gernick heard her words and smiled.

Gernick had come home for a moment. He had to deal with a few issues at his company and now he'd gotten another summons from the council. He needed to see his wife. He loved watching her with their son, and was awed as he watched her nurse their child. He smiled realizing that he was always right. She was the perfect mother for his child.

"Hey beautiful," he spoke as he entered the nursery. Nicolette smiled. She smiled more often now than before. Gernick was home and she was glad to see him. He leaned down and took his son, and kissed his wife. "I'm on a short break, but I needed to see the two of you." Nicolette reached down their bond and sensed he was troubled, but he quickly muted the bond.

Nicky frowned, "Gernick, is everything alright?" she asked. He kissed her once more. "Don't worry love, I have everything under control. I see you're spoiling our son." He stated trying to change the topic. Nicky wasn't falling for it.

"Gernick, don't hide the truth from me. Tell me." She demanded.

"Nicolette, it's nothing. Please don't worry, Love." He insisted.

He held her a moment, kissed the baby, and then returned to his work. Truth be told, Nicolette could never know the truth. He would protect his family from that wretched council no matter what. Gernick knew his mate. Yes, she had mellowed since giving birth to their child, but if she learned of the latest stunt the vampire council was trying to pull, she'd go to war against them herself. Above all else, his wife and child would be protected. Gernick arrived at the great hall and entered he was more or less ignored as he headed tothe office of the one man he knew truly despised him.

*****

Meanwhile, Amerie was working in the garden. Gernick had given her free reign on the garden and all landscaping details for their home. Amerie took her job seriously, and resolved to make sure their home was the most magnificent. She grimace for a moment and then and smiled as she remembered the journey that brought them here.

Gernick had forced Nicolette to join him a year earlier, by threatening her family. You see her daughter had adopted a she wolf named Nina and her three cubs in her life. She loved them beyond reason. Gernick didn't realize her connection to the pack and forced her in essence to cut off her ties with them. It almost cost her life. Fortunately, he realized his mistake and rushed her back to them when she almost died in childbirth. The wolves and Nicolette reunited and all was well.

Amerie was pruning roses in the garden, lost in thought. They all had just returned for a visit to the compound. So much happened on that visit. She had a chance to talk with Margaret, a dear friend that she'd met a year earlier during a very dark time, and they'd just learned she was the mated to an Alpha from the ArkLaMiss. Her friend seemed surprised at first, and was a bit apprehensive about having someone declare her his life's mate.

She was excited for her friend, and wished her well. But Margaret meeting her mate reminded her that she wasn't alone. So, for the first time in centuries, Amerie felt a deep longing, then for some reason she noticed Claus. He was watching her, and her body reacted. She shook her head attempting to shake away the feeling and proceeded to congratulate her friend. It was then she noticed how carefully her son-in-law treated her daughter. She could not help but smile at the possessive way Gernick held Nicolette close. She and Nina had made plans for Nina to visit, and Gernick was excited. Thaddeus would come with her and they would bring their son, Theo.

Although, the children were only a few months old, the two boys seemed to have bonded. After spending the day with Gernick, the two boys did not want to separate. The adults visited and talked and soon, everyone was ready to retire. Gernick and his family had not planned to stay overnight, but Nina and Thaddeus insisted. Claus was relieved, because this meant that he and Amerie could spend sometime alone.

Blaine and Celia made arrangements for Claus and Mrs. Valdez to stay with them. After showing them their rooms, Blaine notice that Claus was unusually quiet. He nudged Celia, and she smiled. Love, it seems that all of our family members have found mates. I am so happy for them. Let's leave them alone. Celia and Blaine carried Benny and Nicky to bed. Amerie offered to help, but they declined and encouraged her and Claus to simply relax. They could retire whenever they needed too.

Claus watched her, and noticed she was nervous. "Amerie, you don't have to fear me. I mean,..." he stammered. She smiled.

"Claus, I..." she stopped and looked away. He watched her wishing he could simply blurt out what he was feeling. He stood still for a moment, needing to at least feel her skin. But he felt it was too soon. He'd only truly recognized her a few months earlier, and it was a stressful time. He wanted to woo her, earn her favor.

They were watching a late night show on the television when, Claus sat beside her on the sofa and encircled her with his arm. He slowly pulled her close. Amerie smiled and moved but he wasn't letting go. It was then she knew something had changed. "Claus, what is this?" she asked.

Claus pressed his nose into her neck, and inhaled her scent. Her scent drove him wild and for the last few months, he'd kept his feelings to himself. She was his mate and he was tired of being alone. "I just..." he inhaled once more. "Amerie, I care about you." He explained.

Not realizing what he meant, she smiled and returned his hug, "Claus, you're my friend. I care about you too." She stated. Then she turned and hugged him. Closing her eyes, Amerie felt safer than she had in a long time. It had been so long since she felt this content. She thought of Nicolas. Wait, what am I thinking? This is my friend. This is Claus. I can't think this way about him. "I'm going to retire. I want to check on Nicky and the baby early." She explained as she attempted to make a narrow escape to the safety of her bedroom.

Claus was frustrated. For over eight hundred years, he'd never been serious about any woman. He had his fair share; he was a man afterall, but he wanted something more with this woman. He wanted forever. Amerie noticed he seemed frustrated, and her heart pounded. She looked into his eyes and saw a passion that burned so bright it stole her breath.

"Claus" she whispered, right before he pulled her into his embrace and kissed her as if his life depended on it. Although she was shocked, she was more surprised by her own response. Her body had a life of its own and she found herself returning his embrace, engaging in his fiery kisses.

Amerie was smiling to herself as she remembered the feel of his lips on hers. But they decided to slow down and be friends for now. However, it was driving her insane. Amerie wanted him, and not just as a buddy. As she lay beside him in the hammock earlier tonight, she wondered how he'd react if she just took what she wanted. Times now were not like they were centuries ago, women were more aggressive today.

Claus was in his office trying to forget the tempting feel of Amerie lying beside him. He had spoken with Gustavo and knew Nina and Thaddeus were preparing to drive to Ontario, Canada for a visit. He was excited, because this was a big deal for Nicolette. He made sure everything was prepared. Everything was calm at the compound, and their friends should arrive in a few days. He had to see what was going on with Gernick. It seemed that someone was trying to sabotage his business and something was going on with the council.

Gernick arrived home, and Claus stopped him before he saw Nicolette and the baby. "Gernick, what is going on? Don't say it's nothing. I know they called and demanded a meeting. What are they up to?" he demanded.

Gernick looked at his friend, and started to remind him of who was in charge. But in all truth, this man was family and deserved the truth.

"They want to see Nicolette. I am not letting her go before them again. I won't risk her or Jonathan." He exhaled. "They want to question her about the baby's birth. I have to keep her and the baby safe, so right now I'm dealing with them." He answered. Claus listened and nodded. He loved Nicky and Jonathan, and he'd be damned if the council laid even one finger on either of them.

"Have you said anything to Nicolette? Does she have any idea?" Claus asked, his instincts kicking in and he knew no one would harm Nicky or the baby. He'd die before he let that happen.

"No, but she suspects something. Claus, I have to protect her. I failed her enough in the past and they forced my hand. Now, I will not let them near her." Gernick concluded.

Claus nodded. He agreed with Gernick whole heartedly. Then he decided to change the subject. "Nina and Thaddeus are on the way. They should be here in less than a week."

Gernick smiled. Nina was warming to him, although she constantly vocalized her disdain of him. He liked Thaddeus as well. He was a great guy and they got along rest. "Have you told Nicky?" he asked.

Claus smiled. It was nice to see him happy. "No, I'll let you tell her. She was drawing in the library earlier. Amerie was with her." He explained. Gernick heard a wistful note in his friend's voice at the mention of his mother-in-law.

He looked at him quizzically. "Um, Claus, is there something I need to know?" he asked.

Claus exhaled, "Amerie is mine, my wife. I never thought I'd meet a woman that was destined to be with me, and then I meet the most wonderful woman. I approached her today and she responded, but we've decided to take it slow." Gernick smiled. If anyone deserved to be happy, it was this man before him. "You both deserve to be happy. She is already family. I'm happy for you. Now I need to see my wife." He stated as he headed to the library.

Gernick walked in and saw Amerie holding the baby. Jonathan, at two months old, was focused on his grandmother. She was telling him a tale and he was captivated. Nicolette was busy sketching, so she didn't notice him right away. He eased in and gently leaned down to kiss his wife. She responded, and turned to embrace him briefly.

"Hello Gernick, I see you are back home. How are things?" Amerie asked her son-in-law. "It will be fine. I have a few things to iron out and it will be done soon." He stated. Nicolette stiffened. He wasn't telling everything. Nicolette scrutinized her mate. You're hiding something from me husband. I want the truth. She spoke inside his head.

Wife, everything is fine. There is nothing to worry about. Jonathon saw his Dad and was reaching for him. Gernick smiled and scooped his son into his arms. He held him close and for a second relished the feel of him in his arms. Nicolette smiled, and soon Petra came in to put the baby down for the night. Reluctantly, Gernick released his son into her care.

"Well, Nicolette, Gernick. It's late. Amerie and I will leave you two on your own." Claus stated as he placed his hand on the small of Amerie's back and led her from the room. Nicolette noticed and decided to address her mate.

"Gernick, you need to talk to Claus. I don't want him trying to take advantage of my mother." She growled. Her mother was very sheltered. For centuries she was her sole protector. No men came near her and she would not allow any man to take advantage of her.

Gernick chuckled. "Um sweetheart, she's an adult and quite capable of deciding for herself. Besides, this is Claus. Do you think he would hurt her?" he asked.

Nicolette looked at himand frowned. "Baby, in a few days we'll have guest and we won't be able to play. So tonight, let's not worry about anyone else and focus on each other." Gernick suggested.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers
12