Ivanovs Ch. 05

Story Info
Hidden secrets revealed.
10.6k words
4.83
16.8k
16

Part 5 of the 7 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 05/29/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,297 Followers

Hello, here is the continuation of She Wolf. You may need to read that series before reading this story. None of the characters in this story are real. So please read and then relax.

Thanks to Overstar for editing and revising. Any errors found are not a reflection on this gentleman.

A special shoutout to MSBLING59. Thank you for your kind words. Girl you rock!

This story is near the end. Maybe one or two more chapters will be written, but don't fret; we will visit this world again soon.

IR2R

****Eugenia is pronounced U-juh-nay****

Essie glared at the interloper. How dare he speak to her in such a manner? He had the gall to accost and question her. "You dare question me, Cassius? My child is gone at her own hands. He turned her away. He hurt her with his callous actions and hostility. She wanted to try and know her nephew. He refused the most innocent of request. So do I blame him, YES! as should Gregor."

"Cassius, my wife and I must make arrangements for our daughter. Please excuse yourself from my office. The two of them vanished to Cantar's apartment. Anticipating their reaction, Kale was there when they arrived. He hated his mother for what she'd done, but he had to play along to keep their plans secret.

"Mother, Father, I have already taken care of everything. Her body has been disposed of, so you need not worry. Brenwan appeared at his side, weeping, and she launched herself in Gregor's arms as he too wept for his lost child. He had to ask, "What did Gernick have to do with this?"

Kale fought the desire to look at his mother, because his anger at her would boil over and he'd strangle her. "Father, Gernick is not to blame for this. Cantar has been depressed. She'd just learned some disturbing news and it was too much for her." Kale looked away, as twin tears streaked his cheeks. "I just wish I had gotten here sooner. Brenwan said she was ..." he then sobbed.

Brenwan moved to her spouse as Garrick then appeared. Learning of Cantar's suicide seemed to push Garrick into a murderous rage. He screamed an inhuman sound that shook the ground around them. Esmeralda moved to comfort him, but he shoved her away. She hurt his sister, tried to end her life. He didn't want her touching him. Seeing his sons so distraught, caused Gregor even more distress. Esmeralda whispered, "Gernick is trying to destroy us," in his ear, but he didn't believe her. Although he detested his son, he knew him. He would never cause his sister harm. Something was wrong here.

Esmeralda realized he resisted her suggestion, so she almost passed out as she too screamed out at the death of her little girl. Her fake cries angered her sons even more. So, Gregor held her close, and they returned to their home. He ordered one of the maids to help her into bed. Then he realized that he hadn't drunk his herbal drink. He felt faint. His heart seemed to be straining. It was hard the breath. Even his vision blurred. Esmeralda knew he needed his drink, so she quickly prepared her brew and took it to him in his study.

"Essie, you should be resting. I'm fine. Just a bit tired." He sighed.

"Love, I know you need your energy drink. Here let me care for you. We can decide what to do about Gernick later." She whispered. Gregor nodded, but he found her preoccupation with his oldest child odd.

Gregor, we have a meeting Friday morning. It's important. Cassius sent his friend. He called Kale to reschedule when the young man assured him that they needed to have this meeting now more than ever.

Cassius, I have just lost my daughter. It can wait. Gregor replied.

Gregor, Gernick has agreed to come before the council. He has learned of Esmeralda's accusations against him and he wants a trial. Cassius explained. That got Gregor's attention. He knew Esmeralda faulted his son. But like Cassius, it made no sense to him.

Fine, I will be present. he answered and then cut communications. He'd go to the trial without his wife. She had gone through enough and he would not upset her by exposing her to his first born once more.

Gregor reported back to Greystone to prepare for the hearing. Soon he realized the day had ended and he went home. His wife was sitting, furious, that he'd left her during this hard time. Gregor felt guilty but something just wasn't right here.

*****

The safe room was full to capacity. Several of the teachers took the young ones each day and went on as if nothing had changed. Often the little ones would ask when they could go back home.

Amerie visited with Shari. She knew she needed companionship and as the only other female vampire there, she wanted to help anyway she could.

"Shari, how are you feeling?" Amerie asked as she visited the young vampiress. Shari tried to smile, but it was obvious that she was worried. Amerie was concerned as well, but she knew Claus would keep his word to her.

"Mrs. Stovak, thank you for checking on me. I'll be fine. I just miss him that's all." She admitted as her daughter stirred. Amerie noticed the slight movement and smiled.

"She's very active isn't she," Amerie mused. "When I was pregnant with Nicky, she moved around all of the time." Shari appreciated what she was trying to do, but it did not take her mind off of her husband.

"She's definitely her daddy's daughter. Garrick is always into something," Shari mused. Soon, she had even more visitor as Julianne came waddling in with her oldest daughter Marisol tagging along.

Amerie took one look at her and said, "Julianne, you look about ready to pop, does the doctor know you're walking around?"

"No, Amerie and please don't tell her. Marisol and I wanted to visit with Shari." Shari smiled as she noticed the shy little girl hiding behind her mom.

"Hello sweetheart, come talk to me," Shari called. Marisol carefully sat on the side of her bed.

"Can I call you Aunt Shari? You are part of our family now, right?" she asked shyly.

"Oh honey," Shari sighed, "I'd love that."

Marisol was overjoyed. "Good, Benny and I will take care of you and Ana. She is our cousin and we will always protect her." Shari was shocked. This little girl considered her baby her cousin. She hugged her, and Amerie just smiled.

"Momma, can Benny come and meet Aunt Shari as well as Javier, Rosita, Theo, Nicki, and Jonathan?" She asked.

"Baby, Aunt Shari needs rest, and you know your brother, sister, and cousins are a handful. Maybe later alright." Julianne explained.

Marisol looked so downtrodden that Shari spoke up, "Jules, can I meet the other children. If it gets to be too much, I can tell you." Marisol's face lit up. Julianne laughed and said, "Remember you asked for this."

A half hour later, Shari's room was full of toddlers. She loved it. The children were beautiful. She saw Gernick's son and knew who he was instantly. The little boy was an exact replica of his father. Little Nickie was just adorable, as was Theo. They were crawling now and kept trying to get away. Not wanting to be left behind, Jonathan was scooting right along with them.

As she laughed at the antics of the little ones, Javier crawled into bed with her as did Rosita. Soon the two cubs were napping. Kim came in and she and one of the nurses removed the two little ones. It was then she noticed Julianne looked flushed.

"Jules are you alright? Any pains? Stress?" she asked. Julianne was hurting but the babies were not due for three more weeks, so she tried to cover. Kim didn't believe her. "Come with me I want to check you." she explained.

"Really, Kim, I'm fine. I really don't need-" Kim looked at her and Julianne stopped protesting. She was fine; her daughters were a bit antsy. That was why she walked around.

"Amerie, Shari can you watch them? I'll be right back," She promised. Then she talked to the two oldest ones, Marisol and Benny, and they promise to be good.

Amerie talked to Benny, Marisol, and Rosita and told them Julianne would be right back. Marisol was a bit worried, but her Mama promised she'd never leave them. So she sat with the two vampires and waited. Kim checked Julianne and was a bit concerned. Her body had started to prep for the birth of her daughters. She needed to take it easy, but Kim was certain that within the week, BJ and Julianne's family would grow by two. She shared the news with Julianne, but assured her that multiples were often born early. Her daughters should be fine.

"BJ, he'll miss it. Their birth, he might not be here," she sighed.

Kim held her hands and said, "Yes, until this threat is over, he is a warrior and has to fight. But think of how surprised he'll be when he gets to meet his little girls."

Julianne smiled, although tears of sadness gently rolled down her cheeks. Then she thought of her other kids and knew she had to be strong for them.. "You're right. I have to be strong for him. He'll be so happy when this is over." She hugged the doctor. "Thank you Kim."

"No ma'am, I'm not done. No heavy lifting. I know you were asked to watch the kids, but you need help. I'm asking the omegas to have two girls help you. I know you're worried. We all are, but try to remain calm. Those little ones and these baby girls need you, alright?" Kim clearly understanding the stress she was under.

"OK, I'll go get the kids now. I'm sure Shari and Amerie need a break," Julianne mused.

They walked back over, and all of the children were sitting listening to a fantastic tale being told by Amerie. Julianne sat quietly and watched. Kim told her to wait and she'd get a couple of young she wolves to help her and Amerie with the young ones.

"Julianne, Are you alright?" Shari asked, concerned.

"Yes, but it seems my daughters plan to arrive early. I just hope this mess is over soon, so BJ can be here for the birth," she whispered. Shari nodded. She agreed with her. She wished it was over as well so her husband could also come back and they could go home.

Shari, he will come back. As will Claus, and Gernick. He has two reasons to fight now. Try not to worry dear. Amerie sent. Shari looked at the older woman and smiled. She felt so blessed to have all of these people caring about her and her daughter. Shari caressed her burgeoning middle as Julianne also caressed hers as well.

The kids noticed she was back and each had to hug her. Marisol held her a bit longer. Julianne whispered to her the promise she'd made when they first met. And the child relaxed in her embrace.

Soon the two young omegas arrived. Their names were Lisa and Wendy. The pups loved them. However, they were wary of caring for Jonathan. He was a vampire and his bite was lethal, but Theo refused to separate, and the bravest of the two picked Jonathon up as well. She hugged him and instantly fell for the little scamp.

The adults chuckled at how easily those two boys manage to sway adults to keep them together.

*****

Nicolette was scared, worried, and angry. She hated the council, but after learning of Esmeralda's deceit, she detested her even more. The pain she inflicted on Gernick was unreal. And last night, she tried to make her daughter kill herself. The woman was insane.

"Nicky, please, talk to me." Nina implored her sister. "I know you are angry, but you cannot keep stuff bottled up. Tell me."

"She tried to kill her daughter last night. I know she plans to blame Gernick somehow, and they will demand his head." She cried for the first time in centuries over him. "He does not deserve this Nina. She keeps picking, and picking; plotting and scheming against him. Why, I wonder?"

Nina was silent, she knew Nicky needed to get this out. "He has been alone his whole life. Yes, Claus has been there, but for your parent to hate you, I don't know." She walked across the room. "I hate her Nina, I hate Esmeralda. If I could, I'd kill her myself and then send her sorry excuse for a mate with her. It is his fault because he allowed her to gain control. He blamed Gernick for killing his mother simply because she died in childbirth." Nina gasped.

She was aware of some of their history, but she had no idea how deep the animosity ran in his family. "Nicky, I'm so..." she stopped. There was nothing she could say or do to fix this. Her heart broke for her friend, and she held her and they cried together.

"I'm sorry I lost it. I'm OK now, Nina. Thanks for being here, listening." Nicolette whispered to her friend. Nina nodded and held her even tighter. Kyra and Malcolm walked over and joined them. They could tell something major was going on, but didn't ask. Kyra simply embraced her aunt and her mother. "Momma, Aunt Nicky, I love you two," she whispered. Nicky smiled and hugged the young woman that was like daughter back.

Celia, BJ, can you come. Aunt Nicky needs us. Kyra sent. And within seconds all of Nina's children were there with their spouses following behind. The group all hugged their aunt, and the family took time to reassure each other. Elise joined them as did other wolves, and they all took time to simply commune. Each spoke of missing their spouses, kids, and their families. But until the threat ended, they were safely tucked away.

For the first time in his entire reign as Alpha, since the death of his father, Javon prayed for guidance. He prayed that he made the right decisions when it came to the vampires. Elise knew that at times her husband doubted himself, and when the crowd dispersed, she joined him. Her mate was the most compassionate, giving, and intelligent amongst his kind. Part of the reason he was so revered by his pack and those around. Elise was not surprised that he was able to connect with the vampires.

"Javon, it will work out. We will handle this threat and be stronger for it. You will see you made the wisest of choices. Besides, what other choices could you have made? They are family; despite being different, family protects each other," she whispered. Javon held his spouse close, and sighed in relief. Elise always calmed him down. She seemed to know just what to say. He held her close and inhaled her scent to calm his agitated wolf.

Thaddeus stood off to the side and watched Nina and Nicolette talk. He was supposed to be in the safe room, but there was no way in Hell he'd leave his mate out here to face this threat on her own. Almost a week had passed since the truth about Gernick's step-mother had come to light, and there were still no signs of trouble; however, Thaddeus knew that didn't mean anything. Until Gernick or Garrick told them the threat was no more, they'd be on high alert.

*****

Gregor lay in his bed watching Esmeralda sleep. Something was off. Perhaps it was losing Cantar, but for some reason he didn't feel her loss. He had evidence, saw the bloodied bathroom, and knew Kale gave them an urn that held her remains, but in his heart he didn't feel her loss.

He knew his mate grieved, and it was understandable. He pondered. The death of their daughter was painful, shocking. She was so young, beautiful. She had centuries left and he could not understand what was so bad that she'd end her life. Essie kept trying to say Gernick was to blame. In all honesty, he was not fond of his oldest off spring, but he knew him well enough to know he would not hurt his siblings in any way. Gregor sighed. Gernick was an egotistical, arrogant, hard-headed bastard, but to cause this kind of harm, he would not do that.

Esmeralda stirred, and Gregor looked at her. They'd been married for centuries and he loved her, but not as much as he loved his first wife. The death of Gernick's mother, Janine, still hurt. He could not understand what happened. For the first four months of the pregnancy, she and the baby were fine. Their midwife was a woman named Eugenia. Somehow she was injured and her sister, Esmeralda, took over the care of her patients.

Janine was wary of Esmeralda at first and often asked about Eugenia. One day, Essie explained that her sister had to flee the country to escape an abusive male. Although Janine was hurt she left, she hoped that she was safe. Essie was just as competent as her sister, and Janine grew to trust her. She practiced herbal medicine, and made protein drinks for his wife. For months she and the baby thrived. Then all of a sudden, she started having problems. Essie did everything she could to help. She talked to Janine, talked to the baby, put Janine on bed rest, and even created protein based drinks to help her relax. Gregor left his bed to sit alone in his study as he relived the horrible events from centuries ago.

At some point, she refused to drink more and Essie realized the baby was the problem. At first he scoffed at her accusation, but she had him call several other midwives, and they all said that vampire babies were vicious. Although most were born with no complications, sometimes if the unborn child was a dominant being, he could cause irreparable harm to his mother. The best thing to do was end the pregnancy.

Gregor cried at the thought of losing this child, but he loved his wife. He explained to her what he found and begged her to end the pregnancy before it took her life. However, Janine refused to believe him. Her baby was not some evil being, and she could not understand how Gregor could believe such a ridiculous lie. She suspected Essie had given her some bad herbs and she began to refuse the herbal drinks she offered. Gregor had to leave one weekend and she went into labor. He rushed home. Everything happened so fast. So much blood, Essie did all she could, but the baby refused to come. Soon Janine could no longer fight and she looked at him and whispered, "It's not his fault," and then she left hm. Gregor screamed. Gregor left his bed to sit alone in his study as he relived the horrible events.

He couldn't remember what happened next, just that at some point he heard the cry of a child, the child that had taken away the love of his life. That's when Claus came in carrying the babe wrapped in a blanket. Gregor despised that baby. He took her from him. He glared at the babe and told Claus to "Keep it alive."

Now sitting in his cold dark study, Gregor started to wonder about events from long ago. Since the birth of his son, Esmeralda constantly reminded him that Gernick was a bad seed. His oldest child was so wary around him and communicated only with his man servant. It mattered not to Gregor because the child was a reminder of the loss of his heart.

He grew to detest the boy. Esmeralda tried to care for him, but the boy's outright disdain for her pushed her away. When he was five, they sent him off to a school where he lived and grew. The only one he corresponded with was the manservant. And overtime, Claus learned that he and his wife were not interested in a boy that cost him so much pain. But despite the relationship that he and the boy developed, Gernick loved his siblings. He and Garrick were inseparable and he knew it hurt him when Kale and Canter treated him cruelly.

There were plenty of times he could have exacted revenge on those two, but he did not. He would not hurt them. Gernick would not cause his sister to kill herself. Something else was going on here. "Gregor, what are you thinking on? Come back to bed love." Esmeralda called from the study door.

Gregor looked at her and smiled. She was beautiful. Her dark locks cascading over her shoulders, as she looked at him truly concerned. "Love, I was thinking about Cantar and how curious and playful she was," he lied. He did not know why he said that, but something told him to keep his thoughts to himself.

"I miss her too, honey. But we must rest." She insisted. Gregor stood and followed her back to the bedroom. "Gregor, the one that caused this will pay. We will make certain that he does."

Gregor nodded and sat on the bed. "You need a drink, wait here." Esmeralda ordered. Her control of him was slipping, maybe Cantar's death was a bit much. She needed to prepare the drink for him. Soon, dear husband, it will be all over for you as well as me. Your daughter is gone, and soon her brothers will follow. All of which will be blamed on your oldest mistake. By the time you catch on, dear heart, your body will expire as well, and I will have complete domination. I will seize control of the council, and rid the world of Gernick and those he protects. She smiled evilly, as she poured the black gooey substance into his goblet.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,297 Followers