Jail Break

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Trixi, please don't do this. You're just upset right now...just take a breather, let me call tomorrow, and your mind will change...I love you..."

Trixi could feel her eyes welling up with tears but she had to stay strong. This was the hardest thing she'd ever done. "Please, don't make this any harder than it already is...I love you Matt...and I probably always will, but this is killing me...we need to say our goodbye."

Before he could have a change to reply, Trixi hung up the phone and began sobbing into her pillow. She could literally feel her heart breaking and the air being knocked from her body as the tears flowed from her like rain. She tried to tell herself she did the right thing but her broken heart disagreed. For the rest of the night, she cried herself to sleep.

Thousands of miles away in New York, Matt was angrily pacing his room. Since he lacked a roommate, he didn't have to worry about waking anyone up. When Trixi had hung up, he had thrown his phone across the room, cracking the battery out. Once he fixed it, he began pacing. He felt angry and numb, not knowing how to react. He was pissed that Trixi couldn't understand why he was so busy but understood why she did it. After the breakup had actually sunk in, he sat down on the edge of the bed and cried, cried for the first time since his dog died when he was fifteen. He didn't know how long he had cried until the tears stopped but one thing was for certain. College was going to be hell from here on out. Back in Washington, Trixi was somehow making it through with the support of her sister and surprisingly, their friends. When she first broke the news to them, they were naturally pissed but realized nothing they said was going to change the situation. The girls were taking it better than the guys but still talked to her. Everyone except Judd. By breaking up with Matt, Trixi learned that she had broken up with Judd as well. She hoped that he would come around someday but luckily it didn't interfere with his relationship with Shana. However, December proved to be harder than November. Christmas love was in the air and it was making Trixi sick. It seemed like everyone on the planet had someone to love but her. So when the week before Christmas day came, the girls of their gang surprised Trixi by stopping by her house. She was home alone because Shana was out with Judd. When she opened the door to let the five girls in, she asked "what are you girls doing here? It's ten at night."

Crystal hugged her before speaking for the group. "We know we weren't very supportive when you first broke up with Matt, but we were friends with you first. So, we're here to cheer you up. There's this club down the block that has it all. Music, dancing, and hot guys."

Trixi could see where this was going but all she wanted to do was curl up in her bed, eat a box of chocolates, and watch Titanic. "Crystal, that's a nice gesture but I'm just not in the mood. Plus, we're not twenty one."

Crystal smiled her devilish smile. "You can be eighteen and still get in. Besides, we're not going to force any guys on you. The hot guys are mainly for us. But you need to get out of the house sweetie. Moping isn't healthy."

Trixi looked from face to face, seeing the same determination in all of them. Sighing, she threw up her hands. "Fine! I'll go. But if it sucks I'm coming home early."

"Deal! Now go throw something sexy on."

Trixi grumbled all the way up the stairs then threw open her closet. None of the clothes really screamed out at her but she finally settled on her classic little black dress. It was skin tight, stopped mid thing, and the V-neck showed off her large chest quite nicely. After fixing her hair and make-up, she approved of her appearance. She had never been to a club before but this looked pretty clubby to her. She grabbed her purse and joined the girls back downstairs, who wolf whistled. "Damn Trixi! You clean up nice. I love that dress."

"Thanks. Now let's just get this over with."

After much discussing, Trixi finally got the girls to let her take her own car. That way, if the club sucked, she could leave without disturbing their fun. And they had made a pact not to drink tonight, but if that slipped they wouldn't drive. After agreeing, Trixi started following them to the club. All the way she was dreading this night out but hoped her expectations would be turned wrong. About twenty minutes later, they arrived at a building that looked like your typical bar, but had a huge dance floor. It was already in full swing. The girls hopped out of the car and let Trixi in. "Don't worry. This'll be a night you'll never forget."

After the entered, the girls began flirting with the guys and dancing to the music. Despite her foul mood, Trixi found herself dancing a little. She paid the guys no attention but she supposed dancing was a start. However, about an hour in, April disappeared into the crowd. Trixi tried to find her but failed. "Hey Crystal, do you know where April is?"

"She's over there talking to a guy. If it doesn't work out she'll be back."

Trixi nodded in understanding. They all loved April, but she was very fickle with men. But what happened next Trixi was not prepared for. The music stopped and a young man walked up onto the stage. "Good evening and welcome to The Hot Spot! It has come time for our karaoke session!"

As soon as he said that, the girls started giggling but tried covering it. 'Those bitches...' Trixi thought. 'They probably signed me up...I'll kill them.' The announcer continued his speech. "So without further ado, let's welcome up the first contestants. Now, friendly reminder that's its always hard getting up here on stage, let alone being the first ones up. So give a warm round of applause to Trixi and Matt!"

The audience started cheering and clapping but it all fell on deaf ears to Trixi. When the announcer said Matt, her heart stopped. 'It can't be...it just can't be...' She tried telling herself that but deep down knew it would be him. She glared at Crystal. "You bitch!"

The girl didn't seem fazed in the slightest. "You can call me whatever you want when you get done but for now get your cute ass up there!"

With a forceful shove from her 'friend', Trixi was in the spotlight on the stage. After a minute, Matt joined her on stage, avoiding eye contact. Just seeing made her choke with guilt, especially when he looked so hurt. His looks hadn't changed at all but his eyes held pain. Her train of thought was broken by the announcer yet again. "And being kind friends, they chose the song for you. Don't worry, they claimed you both knew the song really well but we have words just in case. Good luck!"

He handed them microphones then got off stage. The clapping died down and as the music began, Trixi realized it was Need You Now by Lady Antebellum. She couldn't help but roll her eyes at the predictability. It just had to be this song. Taking a deep breath to calm her trembling body, she began singing. The lyrics were a perfect description of how she was feeling. Much to her surprise, Matt actually sang with her, raw emotion in his voice. And his voice was breath taking. But, the duo was still avoiding eye contact. When his verse came on, it was all Trixi could do not to cry. Taking a huge leap of faith, she stepped closer to him, and he didn't seem to mind. As the bridge of the song started coming on, Trixi risked a look at Matt, only to find him looking back at her. For the rest of the song, they gazed into each other's eyes, realizing what they had lost. They sang with all their hearts and by the time the song ended, they couldn't look away. Only the audience screaming and clapping brought them back to reality. They each made a shaky bow and hurried off the stage, but Trixi stopped Matt before he could go anywhere. "Matt, I think I know why our friends made us do that. That song...it made me realize why I've been in so much pain...I know I don't deserve you back but I really do need you...I love you Matt."

For a moment, Trixi thought he was just going to walk away but he finally replied "Trixi, I loved you ever since we went on that camping trip. When you broke up with me, you broke my heart...any smart man wouldn't take you back but I can't live without you...if we do this again, we need to try harder at the long distance."

"I know and I'm ready for that. I was just confused and scared and upset and...I didn't know how to react to all of those emotions. But if no matter what I do, I'm always going to miss you so I might as well let you back into my life...if you'll come."

Matt grinned, wiped Trixi's tears away, and pulled her into a bear hug. "Oh Trixi, I've been waiting months for you to say that. I love you and yes, I want to be a part of your life."

They sealed the deal with a kiss. The audience was cheering, but mostly for the next performer. Only friends of Matt and Trixi would know why they were cheering. Finally breaking apart for air, Matt smirked at Trixi. "You know, they do say that the best kind of sex is make up sex. Your place or mine?"

Trixi laughed and started pulling him toward the door. "Definitely mine."