Jake & Jessica Ch. 05

Story Info
Pain & sadness in the Edwards family.
3.3k words
4.63
18.4k
30

Part 5 of the 11 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 08/22/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
lover1988
lover1988
209 Followers

This is Chapter 5 of Jake & Jessica. It is short but holds a lot of content. Thanks to Todger65 who edited my story.

***************

Chapter 5: Pain & Sadness.

It was a beautiful evening in Georgia as Anne and Jim were heading to a resort in northwest Georgia. They were going to spend the weekend there and relax. Anne was one month from her due date of September 3rd. The last few months had gone by quickly as she sat and rested once school was out. They had just left an hour ago and it being a Friday, traffic was heavy. They didn't start making up any time until they hit Highway 140. They figured this would be their last break for at least few years seeing as they were going to be busy raising another child. Anne looked over to Jim.

"So, are we going to discuss names?" Anne asked.

"Sure, you want to name her after your mother?" Jim asked.

"No, I was thinking about something a little different. How about we name her Jill?"

"You think Jill would be ok with that?"

"Yeah, I think she would love it. Jill has been a big part of our lives. I was thinking Jill Susanna Edwards. That way all our children would have JSE as their initials." Anne said smiling.

"You're something Anne, I love you very..." Jim was unable to finish as a tractor trailer ran into the Dodge Ram 1500.

_________________________

Mike slowly walked to the door with two uniformed officers behind him. One of them was from the Atlanta Police Department and the other was from the Georgia State Patrol. He moved his shaking hand and rang the door bell to the Edwards home. A few seconds later Jake opened the door.

"Hey Mike!" Seeing the officers behind Mike, he asked. "What's wrong!?"

"Jake, can we come in?" The officers and Mike walked into the living room.

"Yeah. Jessica!! Come to the living room, Mike is here." As the officers stood, Mike sat down while waiting for Jessica. She came in and stood next to Jake.

"What? What is it?" Jessica asked just as tears started flowing from Mike's ever reddening eyes.

The Georgia State Patrol Trooper was the one to have to tell them. "Mr. and Ms. Edwards, your parents were involved in a crash on Highway 140 about 2 hours ago. I regret to inform you that your father died as a result of the crash. I'm sorry."

Jake felt as though he were hit in the stomach. He didn't want to believe what he just heard. His father was killed in a crash. He looked to Jessica and could see her pain. He grabbed her into a hug as she screamed out in agony and fell to the ground.

"NOOOOOOO!!" She screamed. It was all Jake could do was to hold her. He knew he had to be strong for her. She was crying and sobbing in his arms. He thought about his mother.

"What about our mother?"

"Sir, your mother was airlifted to North Fulton Hospital with serve trauma. I know she was being rushed into surgery. That is all I know." Jake was in tears as he held Jessica listening to the Trooper tell them about their mother.

"I'm also here to give you an escort to the hospital." The trooper added. Jake looked up and nodded his head to the Trooper.

"Jessica, I know it hurts but we need to go to the hospital." Jake said to her.

She got to her feet as Jake helped pull her up. She was going to the door as Jake held her but turned and ran to the kitchen. She made it to the trash can and puked. Jake followed her and put his hand on her back.

"I'm alright Jake." She said while silently crying.

They went out to the APD Tahoe and got in. Mike sat in the front and was visibly distraught over the death of his best friend. The GSP patrol car led the way with lights and sirens as they made their way to the North Fulton Hospital. Jake and Jessica were both sad and crying knowing their father who loved and cared for them was dead. Their mother was in the hospital and her condition unknown to them.

They made it to the hospital in short time. They got out and went into the ER and asked the desk person about their mother.

"We're Anne Edward's children. Is she in surgery?" Jake asked.

The nurse looked at the computer screen. "She is currently in surgery. You can wait in the waiting room on the 3rd floor." She told them and Mike led them to the elevators.

"I called Jill and told her. She is picking up Amy and they will be coming here." Mike told them as they were in the elevator. They made it to the 3rd floor and told the person at the desk that they were Anne's family and were waiting.

They waited and waited with 45 minutes going by when Jill and Amy exited the elevator. Jill went to hug Mike who had his hands on his head looking down at the floor. Amy came to Jake and Jessica who were hugging one another.

"I'm so sorry you guys." She said to them as she was crying.

They waited another 30 minutes when the elevator chimed and revealed Jack to them. He was accompanied by another APD officer. Jack was visibly crying and very sad. He had been up in the helicopter and didn't learn of the crash until he was back at the Air Operations Center once he landed. Major Samson told him what happened. He fell apart right there in the briefing room. He cried not knowing the fate of his sister. The officer with him drove him to the hospital.

They waited another hour before the doors to the OR ward opened and out walked two doctors and a nurse.

"Family for Anne Edwards?" At hearing that, everyone stood and walked to the doctors with Jake and Jessica leading the way.

"I'm Jake and this is my sister Jessica. We are her children. This is my Uncle Jack." Jake stated to the doctors and nurse.

"I'm Doctor Norton and this is Doctor Johnson and Nurse Adams. Your mother was airlifted here and came in with severe trauma from a car collision. She had lacerations to her head. The paramedics told us she never regained consciousness. She showed signs of major blood loss. We had to perform emergency surgery which revealed her spleen had ruptured. She had a collapsed lung from a piece of metal that had penetrated her left lung. Her left leg was broken. Upon beginning surgery, we had to perform an emergency C-Section to save the baby who was also showing sign of distress due to Anne's blood loss. We did that and stopped the bleeding and removed the piece of metal.

She lost a lot of blood and her heart stopped. We were able to restart it. It was really close for awhile there. She is in critical condition and the next 24 hours will be crucial. It is going to be a long night for her. We are also going to keep her in a medically induced coma for the next 48 hours."

"Thank you doctors. What about the baby?" Jessica asked.

The nurse stepped forward and said. "The baby is in the NICU. The placenta protected the baby from the crash. She is one month early but should be ok. I can walk you up to see her nurse." Jessica nodded her head that she would like that.

Jack asked "Can we see Anne?"

Doctor Norton responded. "I understand you would want to see her but due to her current state and the possibility for infection we have to keep her away from family. I'm sorry sir." Jack nodded and he understood.

Jessica along with Jill and Amy went with the nurse to the 5th floor to check on the baby. Nurse Holland talked to them regarding little Ms. Edwards.

"She is doing well other than being fussy right now. We are going to keep her in the NICU until tomorrow just to keep an eye on her vitals. She will have to stay at the nursery down the hall for a week." Jessica just looked at her baby sister. She was perhaps the only good to come out of this day. Jill came up behind Jessica and hugged her.

"They will be ok Jessica. You just have to believe Jess."

While they were upstairs, the Police chief arrived to hear the news and to give his condolences.

"Jake, I'm sorry about your father and we are all praying for your mother and hoping that she will pull through. If there is anything you or your sister need, just ask. Jack the same goes for you and don't worry about work. Your shifts are covered and you too Mike. The chief left and went upstairs to relay the same message to Jessica and Mike went with him.

______________

"I'm sorry about your father Jake. He was a good man and caring person. I will truly miss him. All we can do is pray and hope that Anne makes it through this." Jack said while hugging Jake.

He just sat down in the chair and cried. He let his emotions run free as he didn't have to hold it together for Jessica since she was upstairs. Ten minutes went by before he heard the elevator open and Jessica and the rest of them were coming back. Jack saw them and told Jake.

"Jake, you need to be strong now. Jessica is going to need you, your mom is going to need you and your family needs you." As they approached Jake wiped away his tears.

"How is the little one?" Jack asked.

"She is doing ok; they are going to be keeping her for a week." Jessica responded and moved next to Jake and hugged him. She needed him as much as Jake needed her.

__________________

They all stayed at the hospital that night in the waiting room. They were all asleep with Jake being the exception. A doctor came out and Jake approached him. Doctor Norton spoke softly.

"Your mother had more bleeding. We had to go in and do some more surgery. We repaired an artery. She is still in critical condition but her O2 saturation is getting higher. That's a good sign of improvement. How is your family holding up?"

"We are holding on. It's hard losing our father. He was a good man to everyone he met. We are just all praying she can make it through this."

"I'm sorry about your father Jake."

_____________________

They made the decision that they would all take turns staying at the hospital until Anne woke up. It was 4 days later that Anne woke up and was in awful pain but awake none the less. Jessica was in her room since they moved her into a surgical recovery room. She was holding her hand. "Mom, can you hear me?"

Anne nodded her head as she had a breathing tube in.

"Nurse!" Jessica yelled.

A few seconds later two nurses came in and were checking her over. Doctor Norton was on duty and came in. They removed her breathing tube.

Anne whispered about 20 minutes later a question to Jessica and Jill. Jill had just come back from eating.

"How is Jim?" Jessica just looked at her mother and tears began to roll down her eyes.

"Mom, Dad didn't survive the crash." At that, Anne had tears in her eyes. She wanted to yell out in pain but couldn't. They sat there for a few minutes before Anne asked another question.

"Where is the baby?"

"She's upstairs and is very healthy other than being early. She needs a name though." Jill said to her.

"Pen" Anne said. Jessica got up and went to her purse and got a pen and a piece of paper. She put the pen in Anne hand. Anne wrote on the paper as Jessica and Jill watched.

'Jill Susanna Edwards' "It's what we agreed on before the wreck." Anne said. Jill was crying.

"Well, I guess we will be calling her Little Jill from now on. I'm betting 10 dollars the 'A' in Susanna is for Amy." Jill said and Anne nodded.

"Well, I for one vote Jillanne as a nickname or LJ." Jessica smiled.

"LJ works for me." Jill said just as Jake came in. He held Anne's hand and kissed her on the cheek.

_______________

Anne had a long recovery ahead of her. The funeral plans for Jim were already taken care of as per his will and arrangements he had made long ago being a cop. Being a cop teaches you to take care of things like that just in case something does happen to you. The funeral was to be held on Wednesday, August 13th. Jake and Jessica did not celebrate their birthday as their mother and little sister were in the hospital. They instead celebrated that their mother and baby sister were still with them.

Anne asked "What happened?" She barely remembered what she and Jim were talking about.

"Anne, a tractor trailer was speeding down the highway when he blew a tire and hit you guys. He's been charged with vehicular homicide because he was going to fast which caused the blowout." Jack told her sitting with her in the room on the day before Jim was to be buried.

"I've arranged for a transport to pick us up so we can you to the funeral tomorrow. Mike is going to be making a speech."

____________

The doctor's gave special permission for her to go to the funeral and the burial; then she had to come back. Jessica brought some clothes for her to wear and stayed with her. Jessica helped her get dressed and put some light makeup on.

They were picked up and driven to the church. A convoy of 50 police cars escorted them in tribute to the life of a fallen Officer. Jack met them at the car and rolled Anne into the church. Jack placed her at the front and sat next to her with Jake and Jessica on his other side.

"Today, we remember a dear friend, a loving husband and a devote father. Jim Edwards was a man of honor and integrity but he was also a caring and passionate man. He was a proud man as he raised himself up from nothing. Jim was an orphan and grew up in the foster care system which inspired him to be a cop. He and I didn't come to be friends until we were sergeants in the same zone. We bonded and through that consider each other and our families to be one big family. I will forever miss him. His children Jake and Jessica along with his wife Anne and newborn child Jill will truly miss his caring and passionate demeanor that so many of us in the police department enjoyed. He understood the streets and knew how to deal with people. We love you Jim and we will miss you."

Mike was crying as he left the podium in the church and made it back down to his seat next to Jill and Amy who were on the other side of Jake. The grave side service was just as heart wrenching. Jessica just held onto Jake as he was lowered into the ground.

As the first dirt was put in, "I love you dad, I will miss you dearly and we will help take care of LJ. We will teach her as you taught us."

Jake and Jessica accompanied Anne back to the hospital. She would have to stay for another week. She really didn't want to but the doctors were insisting on her staying.

_____________

"Hey little girl, you get to go home with me and Jake." Jessica said to their sister Jill, or as they were all calling her now LJ. They stopped by Anne's room before leaving.

"Mom, were going to take LJ home with us. We promise to take good care of her. I will have Jake trained in no time as to how to change diapers, that way he can come and change all of them for you."

"Yeah, that would be very nice. It would only be fair since all his diaper changing's were a pain in the rear." Anne commented.

Jake and Jessica took LJ home and got her settled into her crib in Jessica's room. Jessica was standing over her when she started sleeping. She wished that she had her own child to hold and care for. Jake came up behind her and put his arms around her waist.

"If you think any harder your head is going to explode." He leaned his head down and gently kissed her neck.

"Just thinking how she won't have dad to teach her and care for her as she grows up. We can't move away after we graduate. We will have to stay here Jake." She turned around and looked to Jake.

"I know Jess." He kissed her and pulled away. "That is something I already figured out. Let's go to bed before little one here wakes up."

They went to Jake's room and got undressed. Jessica moved to him and fiercely kissed him. Pulling back, "I love you Jake. We only have a few weeks before we move to out to go to college. Love me!"

He pulled her onto him and slowly kissed her. He roamed his hands all over her body finally reaching and grasping her beautiful ass. She groaned as he squeezed her. He pulled her legs apart and moved her up a little towards him. He was rock hard and didn't even need her help to get ready. He moved his right hand to his cock and guided himself to her wanting womanhood. He pushed into her slowly.

"Oh Jake!" She whispered to him as their door was open so they could hear LJ if she were to cry.

He slowly rocked her back and forth. He was rubbing her in all the right places. His hands were on her back all the while they were kissing. He slowly sped up in hopes she would reach a high.

"Getting close." Jake said hoping she would be too.

He sped up even more, and then slowed down. She pushed up and put her hand on his chest. She was now riding him and threw her hair back. She reached up with her left arm and grabbed her hair.

"Oh god." She whispered.

She then climaxed and came. Jake felt her grip him and then he let go. He flooded her insides with his lively cum. She slowly lowered herself back down and rested on his chest as he breathed in and out rising her up and down.

They lay there for a long time until LJ started to cry. "I guess she wants to feed." Jessica got up and put a shirt on and walked out of the room. Jake lay there in the bed and pulled his boxers on. Jessica brought LJ in a few minutes later with a bottle in her hand and LJ in her left arm.

Jake looked at her "You are a natural. One day we will be having our own kids, I love you Jess." Jessica just looked at him and smiled.

"One day Jake. One day we will have kids Jake, so you're changing the next three diapers." She just grinned knowing he was going to have to do it.

*****************

End of Chapter 5

lover1988
lover1988
209 Followers