Jake's Reward

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic LiteroticaĀ® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm about 14 weeks into my pregnancy by date according to Dr. Anderson. I'm sorry Jakeā€¦'

As I put my hand on her mouth to quiet her I said, "No more apologies AJ. Let's just enjoy the miracle of creating a baby together."

After several minutes of quiet, I asked, "AJ, my love, when can we get married?"

"I think we can get things all arranged in about 4 to 5 weeks. Why?"

"I just don't want to wait any longer than I have to before we become husband and wife and spend the rest of our lives together."

********

We were married on June 15th in a small private wedding with just a few friends in attendance.

********

AJ's pregnancy was uneventful with the exception that when she had her sonogram, we found out that we were going to have twins, which was a total surprise as neither one of us has a history of twins in the family. That brings me back to the present, the first weekend in November with my beautiful wife in active labor.

While AJ took a shower, I cleaned the bathroom and grabbed the suite case we had packed in preparation for this day. I bundled AJ into the car and off we went to the hospital. On the way, I phoned Dr. Anderson to let her know that AJ was in labor and that we were on our way in to the hospital. I next paged my anesthesia department to let who was ever on-call know that we were coming in to have the babies.

In short, after arriving at the hospital, AJ was admitted to the Labor and Delivery ward. I was pleasantly surprised when my friend Bill, who was the CRNA on-call, showed up to give AJ the epidural anesthesia she so desperately wanted. (For the males out there who doubt that labor isn't painful for the women, try imagining what it would be like for you to endure a massive abdominal muscle cramp for, say around two minutes. Then have these abdominal cramps repeat anywhere for five minutes down to one-minute intervals. Then you might have a small idea of what women go through during labor)

After AJ had received her epidural and was comfortable, she breezed through about four hours of labor. She delivered Jacob Jr. (weighing in at 7lbs. 8ozs. and 23 inches long) and Gabrielle Marie (weighing in at 7lbs 2ozs. and 20 inches long) who was named after AJ's grandmother, vaginally with out a hitch. I am pleased to say that mother and children, who already have their father wrapped around their little fingers, are doing well. As I sat in the chair holding my two precious bundles of joy, I couldn't help but reflect back and realize that I had finally found the silver lining to the storm cloud that had covered me for so many years. God and life is good.