Jamaican Beauties Jaunt Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I believe you!"

"I'm fairly certain, based on what I can discern from your photos, that you are not overweight. But, if I had your vital statistics I could accurately calculate your B.M.I. and your height to waist ratio to determine if you are underweight, normal, overweight, or obese."

"I think I understand."

"If you trust me, and would like some accurate information that would help you see yourself as you truly are and thus allow you to get past your so called friends' unwarranted criticism, send me your vital statistics so I can do the necessary calculations and give you some facts."

"Exactly what vital statistics do you need?"

"I've already sent you an email explaining the data I will need and the correct method for collecting the data. When you have a chance, take your measurements following my instructions, and email them to me and I will perform the necessary calculations."

That evening Denise sent Will her vital statistics and he ran the calculations confirming she was within the normal B.M.I. weight range.

* * * * *

Will was surprised the next evening when, an hour earlier than they usually contacted one another, Denise asked him to join her in a private chat. She started their chat asking him if he'd performed the calculations on her vital statistics.

He was happy that she was interested in learning the truth and pleased he could tell her, "Denise, you are indeed beautiful. You are well within the normal weight range for someone your height. In addition, your waist measurement is well within the acceptable range for your height. More importantly, you have nearly perfect proportions in your bust to waist and bust to hip measurements. In fact, you have what most people would describe as an hourglass figure. The only part of your body that some people might consider too large are your fantastic breasts. But, in fact, and as I've noted many times, they balance your figure, and I'm sure that the vast majority of men you know, or meet, love them."

Will suspected she had not correctly followed his instructions for determining her cup size. However, he decided that the subject of correct bra size was something he could bring up some other day.

Will eventually learned that Denise had indeed ignored the proper cup measurement technique he'd emailed her and simply provided him the cup size of the bras she wore—a D in the U.S. and Great Britain. However, Will's own calculations, based on Denise's correct measurements, taken after he sent her a subsequent request to confirm her measurements, showed that DD was her correct cup size.

After taking a minute to understand what Will had told her, Denise typed back, "So, you're telling me that I have a beautiful figure and I'm not an oversized, disproportionate cow like my former friends claim?"

"That is correct and it's not just me, it's based on scientific calculations. I'm saying your mother and father were correct all along when they told you that you were beautiful! And I whole-heartedly agree with their assessment."

After their chat, Denise, for the first time in six weeks, felt beautiful and sexy. She decided to log onto one of Will's favorite exotic clothing websites to select and buy some new clothes. She picked a particular website primarily because Will had given her a gift card for that site as a Christmas gift. He described it as, "A small gift so that my beautiful Jamaican friend can buy some revealing clothes that will allow her to show off her fabulous body."

She searched the website for an hour looking for clothing she hoped Will would like and she believed she would have the nerve to wear in public. Eventually, she selected three items. A black tank swimsuit similar to those worn by the female lifeguards in the Bay Watch television show; a white gauze Peasant blouse with three-quarter length sleeves and a diamond cut back; and a slinky black halter dress. The total charge, because international shipping was half again the costs of the three items, was more than the value of the gift card, yet she happily charged the difference to her credit card. After all, she was sure Will would be pleased with the items she'd selected, and she hoped that by wearing the clothes she would prove to him that she was no longer a prude.

* * * * *

Renewed Resolutions

As soon as she returned home from her Friday morning workout, Denise received a phone call from Jackson who immediately announced, "Denise. Jackson. I'm sorry to bother you, but... I was wondering... Look, Andrew and I were planning to go drinking and dancing, but... well, Andrew couldn't make it. Actually, he has a date with that guy he's been going out with—off and on—for several months now. It turns out his new boyfriend is hosting a big party at his place and... Anyway, I have two tickets for a New Year's Eve party at the Quad, and I was wondering... Would you like to go with me?"

Denise was, for just a moment, upset because she had been Jackson's second choice. Next, she felt angry because he called her at the last minute. Third, she was confused, she was friends with Jackson, but he'd been in a relationship with Andrew and although they said it was over, they still lived together. Finally, she considered, "Why not? I don't have anything to do tonight, Jackson is always fun when we're together, and he's a great dancer. So yes, why not go out with him?"

"Denise, what do you think, can you make it tonight?" Jackson asked with concern evident in his voice.

"Are you sure Andrew won't be upset, after all, he's my friend too."

"Andrew suggested that I call you. He pointed out that we've always gotten along and we're both good dancers."

"With that endorsement, I'll be happy to go with you. Should I meet you out front? What time? And is it formal or casual?"

Jackson let out an obvious sigh of relief before he explained, "I guess you'd call it dressy, not formal as in a tuxedo, but it's not casual either. I'm planning to wear my good black suit with my white dress shirt, the one with the French cuffs, but without a tie. Why don't we meet outside at seven-thirty? Would that be alright with you?"

I'll be there, dressed appropriately for a night of dancing with a good looking gentleman wearing a nice suit," Denise answered with a smile as she thought about the fun she might have drinking, dancing, and getting to know some more about Jackson.

"Good, I'll see you there then. And thank you for stepping in at the last minute."

"Hopefully, it will be my pleasure," Denise teased.

"I'm sure it will be mine. Anyway, as my way of thanking you, I'm paying for your drinks tonight."

"Oh my, a true gentleman."

"See you at seven-thirty then," Jackson said as he hung up.

What Jackson didn't tell her was that the tickets entitled them to free Champagne and wine for the evening and Andrew, not knowing if his on again off again boyfriend would want to go out on New Year's or not, had paid for both tickets. Instead, Andrew's boyfriend had invited him to be his date at a private party and thus, Andrew had been stuck with two nonrefundable tickets, which he promptly offered to his roommate at half price.

When she looked in her closet, Denise quickly concluded she needed to upgrade her wardrobe. She didn't own a business suit and jacket, much less a dinner dress she could wear to a dressy function. She called her mother and explained her situation. Denise then asked if her mother had something she could wear, something dressy but not formal.

"Stay calm. Why don't you come over for lunch and afterwards I'm sure we can find something for you to wear tonight," her mother told her.

* * * * *

After lunch, they searched Annika's closet for something dressy Denise could wear to the nightclub. Denise rejected numerous gowns, because the necklines were too low cut, they were backless, they had slits up to her hips, or in several cases, all three faults.

Finally, in near exasperation, Annika offered a grey business suit. Denise quickly slipped on the skirt and jacket. She liked the suit, although the skirt hem was six inches above her knees and there was a six-inch slit in back. Once she decided it was what she had in mind for the New Year's party, Denise wanted to try it with the black high-heeled pumps and white shell blouse she'd brought with her.

Annika offered, "Yes you could wear those pumps, but I think you'll find it difficult to dance in them. After a couple of dances, they'll feel very heavy. As for that shell, it's too thick and probably doesn't breathe. You'll be dripping sweat after the third dance. Here, try on these sandals and this blouse."

Denise reluctantly slipped on the grey, three inch, high-heeled sandals and buckled the thin strap about her ankle. She had to admit they were lightweight, comfortable, and matched the suit perfectly. However, she wasn't as pleased with the blouse. It was a black lace, midriff length, halter-top, that was backless except for a single tie string around the neck and a thin strip of material around the midriff.

"This is lace, unlined, and backless. It will show everything," Denise complained.

"Then be thankful you have something to show, something that guys want to see. I think after a couple of dances you'll be glad you're wearing this, it keeps you cool, especially if you don't wear the jacket," Annika announced with a huge grin.

She knew it would be futile to argue with her mother, and looking in the mirror Denise thought to herself, "Mother's right. The suit, blouse, and heels are exactly what I was looking for. Well, except I wouldn't have chosen lace. Of course, it's certainly elegant looking under the grey jacket and it certainly looks dressy, and will probably look great and be cool and comfortable without the jacket."

"Now, go have fun with Jackson and show everyone how a true Jamaican Beauty dances the Calypso," Annika said looking over her daughter's shoulder and seeing the reflection of a well-dressed, beautiful, young woman in the mirror.

Remembering her goal was to be uninhibited, Denise laughed, and said, "I will mother. But, I'm sure that even if my dancing doesn't attract their attention, this blouse certainly will. Thank you for the classy and very beautiful outfit."

* * * * *

That evening, again deciding she did not want to have to drive back to her apartment after a night of drinking, Denise walked to the Quad. Although she wore the suit jacket over the lace blouse, she still received many stares and a few comments. Halfway there she realized that the jacket did not conceal her cleavage under the lace blouse nor the bounce of her unfettered breasts.

When she arrived at the Quad Jackson was waiting by the entrance. They hugged, kissed, and admired one another's clothes and appearance before going inside. The security guard, as was the norm at the club, fondled Denise's ass and breasts, and also reached under her blouse with his right hand and cupped her breast.

Seeing that, Jackson complained, "Don't renk you'self, she's a c'ris t'ting, not a skettle."

Denise smiled at hearing Jackson defend her by telling the guard, "Don't be rude, she's a nice looking woman, not a slut."

The guard withdrew his hand and half apologized, "Irie. I ongle touch har a likkle. Jeezam, shim fit."

Jackson wasn't happy, but Denise continued to smile having understood the guard to say, "No problem. I only touched her a little bit. Gosh, she sexy looking."

While the guard patted down Jackson, Denise thought, "Whenever I think and act like my mother, like Will wants me to act, I get compliments and I feel good about myself. So, why did the things those three "renk skettles" say to me, have such an impact on me?"

In her mind, Denise heard her grandmother say, "Duppy know who fi frighten." It was an old Jamaican Patois proverb meaning bullies know who can be intimidated.

With that insight, Denise concluded that she not only had to act like her mother, she had to "be" like her mother. She not only had to behave in an uninhibited manner, she had to believe in herself, to know with certainty that her decision to enjoy her life was the correct decision for her. Denise saw that weakness, her lack of belief in herself and the correctness of her decision, had been her downfall. It was why she had been unable to defend herself, to stand up to the criticism from her former friends, her bullies, her nemeses.

Once the guard cleared Jackson, the couple headed upstairs and Jackson suggested that they go to the Oxygen Lounge. Denise giggled as she agreed, "Sure, that's becoming my favorite bar and dance floor in the club."

Jackson found them a table near the back of the dance floor not too far from the bar and when he went to get their drinks, Denise reflected, "What a year this has been. Last New Year's eve, I was just beginning to overcome my shyness and inhibitions. I was planning to tour Brussels with Lars, a man I'd never met in person. In February, I actually went to Brussels, but Lars left me on my own, and when we did go out together, he tried to get me to dance topless. Later, he apologized, and for some inexplicable reason I fell in love with him. By April, I was so love struck that I willingly danced topless in the Road March and even auctioned what was left of my costume at the Mas Camp. Later that month I took Lars on a tour of Jamaica and offered to share a bed with him. However, he cheated on me, tried to rape me, and broke up with me."

She shook off her feelings of sadness and inadequacy and focusing on the better half of her year, continued her recollections, "In May, I met Will on the Internet and by September, he'd helped me get over Lars and achieve many of my goals—I became a licensed masseuse, published poet, and travel columnist. In addition, because of Will's constant urging and his Seven Progressive Challenges, I overcame my inhibitions and posed topless with a strange man, exposed myself to a busload of tourist, danced naked in the Jambalaya bar, had lesbian sex at that bar, and danced naked with a woman by the bar and later with Andrew on that dance floor. All at the urging of my mother and a man I've never met in person."

Jackson's return with two wine glasses interrupted her reminiscing. However, as she concluded her analysis of her year, she realized, "Although the first half of my year turned out horribly, other than my setback at the end of November, I truly enjoyed the last half of the year. In fact, I'm ending the year wearing my mother's lace top without a bra, feeling and behaving as I imagine she would. I believe I'm becoming uninhibited."

As he sat down at their table, Jackson announced, "Listen Denise, I want you to understand a couple of things. I value our friendship, but I want you to know that I think you are the most beautiful and sexiest woman I've ever known, and that includes your mother. I also wish you to understand that it is my desire to continue our friendship and, more importantly, that I'm willing and would like to have a relationship beyond friendship, as a couple, as lovers, as whatever you would like."

Jackson paused for a second, caught his breath, and continued before Denise could speak, "Before you answer, you should know that Andrew and I talked and I'm well aware of your relationship with your American Internet friend and your desire to follow through with that relationship, to see where it will lead you. I want you to know, if that relationship works out, I will be happy for you, and I will be there for you, as your friend. However, if for any reason it should not work out, I will be there for you, for whatever you need. But, in that event, I will be doing everything in my power to make our relationship more than a friendship."

Dumbfounded, Denise asked about the only part of Jackson's rehearsed speech she actually heard and remembered, "You think I'm beautiful and sexy?"

Jackson, not sure what she wanted him to tell her, explained, "You have everything your mother—who is well renowned as the prettiest and sexiest woman in Kingston—has, except her overt sexuality. Of course, I think you're beautiful and sexy. Every man I know thinks you're beautiful and sexy."

Denise, not believing what Jackson was telling her, countered, "But, with one sad exception, no one in secondary or Arts School ever wanted to go out with me. None of the boys wanted to date me."

"Denise you were and still are very naïve. All the boys wanted to go out with you, to have sex with you. However, you made it obvious to everyone that you would only go out with a gentleman, someone like your father. In addition, it was apparent to all of us that you had no interest in sex. So, instead of trying to get you to have sex with them, all the boys went out with the "skettle" girls. No one, except that scoundrel Randolph who believed he could fool you, wanted to go out with the girl that wanted to go to cultural and artistic events with a well-behaved gentleman, not a reggae concert with a crass, sex-crazed boy. That's one of the reasons Andrew and I became your friends. The three of us had an appreciation of the arts in common. That and the fact that, at the time, neither Andrew not I wanted or needed to have sex with a girl."

Denise pondered what she'd just learned and asked, "But, I thought you were bisexual?"

Jackson laughed, "I was confused. At the time, I thought Andrew was the one for me, so I thought I was homosexual. However, I soon realized two things. First, while I liked Andrew and I enjoyed sex with him, Andrew was not the person I wished to spend the rest of my life with, especially in an exclusive relationship. Secondly, after our—let's call it a mutual agreement—I came to realize that I'm not a homosexual and that I always liked girls, especially beautiful, considerate, intelligent women—women like you."

Denise blushed and with evident concern, asked, "I hope this doesn't sound egotistical, but was I the reason, the cause for you and Andrew breaking up?"

"No, you weren't. First, we didn't break up, we're just no longer a couple, and we're still best friends and roommates. Second, we agreed to the change after a great many discussions about what we each wanted in life. We decided that while the relationship we had was nice, it was not exactly what either of us wanted, especially in the long term. We agreed not to continue our exclusive relationship."

Denise stared.

Jackson continued his explanation, "Andrew's friendship with you and my desire for you were not the reason for us ending that part of our relationship. They were important issues to each of us, but not to our relationship. In fact, we agreed that we could and would continue our friendships with you, each of us in our own way."

"I don't understand."

Jackson smiled and tried to explain, "We agreed we would each maintain our own friendship and relationship with you. Andrew as your gay friend and I as your good friend and hopeful lover."

Denise blushed at Jackson's admission, but before she could speak, he continued, "Now that I have confessed my feelings about you let me explain. I value our friendship. I do not wish to interfere with your relationship with your American Internet friend. Like Andrew, I am your friend, first. If you ever need anything just ask and I will do everything I can to help you."

Denise considered what Jackson just told her and slowly explained, "Jackson, I know you and Andrew have been my good, no my best male friends since secondary school. I'm sorry and apologize for not having thanked you both for all you've done for me. However, for whatever reason and as you've noted, I'm involved with my, as you call him, American Internet friend. If that relationship doesn't work out, I'm going to need someone for support and I cannot think of any two people more reliable than Andrew and you. So, know that I always have, and always will think of you as a friend and, although I haven't thanked you for it, I've always known you'd would be there for me. Thank you."