Janet

Story Info
My marriage just went wrong.
12k words
3.89
245k
71
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Britease
Britease
2,384 Followers

Sorry no hard sex of any kind, so if that's not your thing, then don't bother to read this story.

Sort of a happy ending as well.

Hope you enjoy it!

++++++++++++

"Hi Mike!"

"Oh hello Carol," I replied turning round, unable to avoid my eyes quickly scanning the pretty woman in front of me, and especially her rather lovely slim body. "How's little Tim?"

"Oh he's fine this morning," the lovely young mother in front of me told me with a smile. "He's got over his cold now. How's Mary?"

"As gorgeous as ever," I responded grinning, looking back at my infant daughter. "But then again I suppose I'm may be biased."

"Oh I don't think so," Carol added, plonking her rather delightful, jeans clad bottom down beside me. "But she's so lucky to have a father like you after what her mother did."

------------------

It all started nearly two years before.

That is to say my problems started, as till then my wife Janet and I had enjoyed what seemed to be a perfectly normal happy married life. That is assuming of course, that we accept that a happy marriage is normal. For some time for me, that was called into doubt!

We'd met a few years before, Janet being a friend of Martha who had been at school with my sister Julie. We met at a party in Manchester where we both lived, and hit it off straight away. We were both quite good looking in our own way I guess and seemed fairly well matched from the start. Janet was sort of slim but curvy at the same time, which maybe seems a contradiction, but she managed it, and carried it off incredibly well. Her long lustrous jet-black hair certainly didn't detract from her looks either, as didn't her sparkling deep blue eyes.

I would have to admit that I probably had to work a bit harder getting her to make us a regular couple than she did at the beginning, but once into it, then everything was just hunky-dory.

Neither of us were exactly virgins when we met so we both bought our past experience into the bedroom, and the result was pretty electric. She did things to me that I never thought possible and I decided quite early on not to query where she learnt so much, as it was me that was getting the benefit as it were, and for her part in fairness, Janet had never questioned me.

One thing led to another and it simply seemed that all our friends were getting hitched. We were all about that age I suppose; you know, late twenties -- early thirties, and looking to settle down.

Eventually I asked Janet to tie the knot with me and she agreed without hesitation, as I knew she would. We already more or less lived together anyway, so it simply a matter of a visit to the local registry office with close family and a group of friends, and then a big bash later that evening down at our local. Didn't even consummate the damn marriage that night having had a right skin full, but Janet was too Gin and Tonic'd out of it to worry about it too much anyway.

But life went on and marriage seemed to make little difference to out everyday life, which seemed to consist of work, partying, eating out and sex, but not necessarily in that order.

My one on going problem was that living up there in Manchester when I was an Arsenal supporter wasn't always easy. If it wasn't some bloody United fan then it was someone who followed City.

Christ ------ Hard to believe it, but there were people up there who went to watch Stockport County every week!

Yes I know!

Bolton Wanderers or even Wigan maybe, but ..... Well ..... Crikey????

Wasn't helped by Janet and all her family supporting Manchester United, and her Dad just shook his head when we discussed which club any kids we had might support.

--------------------

So life went on quite happily, and as a few years went on Janet and I grew closer and closer. I was her Zing, and she damn well Zanged me at least three times a week in bed.

I quite clearly remember it was the start of the football season when I noticed that things were not perhaps as they should be. I was Ok, but Janet seemed a little withdrawn and sometimes snappy with me. Couldn't put my finger on why exactly so I put it down to the time of the month. ---- Well, that's what us guys do don't we, when everything you say is wrong, and the sex gets cut off for a few days?

But her moods seemed to stretch on longer than they should have done, and if I hadn't been so busy at work then maybe, just maybe, I might have seen some warning signs. As it turned out I decided that I would have a serious chat with her that Sunday, but fate took a hold and I never got the chance.

We went out to a party at a local club on the Saturday when my life changed forever. It was someone who Janet worked with's engagement party but I can't for the life of me remember who, just that Janet and I were invited.

It was packed!

I had to queue for our drinks and they weren't even free. Some bloody engagement party! No wonder they'd had it in a club rather than their home, cheeky sods.

I got back to our table carefully carrying a couple of beers for me and Tod, Martha's husband, and G and T's for our wives.

"Where are the girls?" I asked Tod, not seeing either of them.

"Off dancing with some old friends of theirs," he replied casually. He wasn't worried, so why should I be?

We chatted with difficulty over the noise around us, invariably broaching the scores in the big games earlier that afternoon. Both Arsenal and United had won so it wasn't contentious, and I hardly noticed the time passing.

"Hi guys," greeted Martha as she got back to the table. "This my drink?"

"Yes," I replied breaking off from my diatribe about the problems with the 4-4-2 formation. "Where's Janet?"

"Oh still dancing out there somewhere," Martha responded and promptly changed the subject quickly.

Too damn quickly!

"Dancing with who?" I demanded, my attention sparked. "She's been dancing for some time now."

"Just an old friend Mike," Martha shot back. "Nothing to get upset about."

"Who's getting upset?" I queried. "Why should I get upset?"

"No reason Mike. No reason at all. It's just an old friend that Janet hasn't seen for some time."

Should that have rung warning bells maybe?

Difficult to do, but I sat back in my seat and took a swig of my pint, trying to pretend that I wasn't concerned, even though my insides were already churning.

Another ten minutes and at least two changes of music and my hackles were rising. Martha had whispered something to Tod at least twice and the two of them where busily avoiding my looks, almost pretending that I wasn't there.

"Come on you two," I asked at last in exasperation. "What the hell's going on here? Who is this friend of hers?"

"Maybe you better go and find her Mike," Tod ventured; ignoring the dirty looks that Martha was giving him.

"No!" she cried out, leaping to her feet and thrusting my half empty pint in my hands. "No need Mike. I'll go and find her for you."

Ah!

Something going on here and I asked, no ---- I demanded of Tod, what the hell the girls were up to.

"Oh just some footballer they used to know," he informed me not sounding too confident. "I think he used to play for United as a junior but didn't make the level, and has been up North somewhere playing in one of the lower divisions."

"They both knew him?" I queried, my throat going dry as I stood up, determined to go and see for myself what the hell was going on.

"I think your Janet knew him better than Martha did Mike," Tod admitted rather cautiously, holding onto my arm. "Don't do anything silly Mike. I'm sure Janet isn't doing anything she shouldn't be."

"Well I'll just go and see for myself Tod," I growled, shaking his hand off, wondering if this bloody footballer was anything to do with the funny mood that Janet had been in lately.

But I didn't get far. Not far at all!

"Here she is Mike," Martha announced breathlessly, as she strutted up to us, all but dragging Janet behind her. "No harm done."

Janet and I stared at one another for several moments in complete silence. Even the noise in the room around us seemed to die down. She just stood there, making no effort to sit down and offering no apologies or explanation.

"Who is he?" I demanded at last. "Where's this bugger appeared from?"

"What's it to you?" Janet snarled back at me. "What right do you have to dictate who I spend time with?"

"I'm your bloody husband," I reminded her raising my voice. "And you'd do well to remember it."

"Husband?" she spat at me. "Husband? It's you that should have remembered that I'm your wife."

"What are you on about Janet? What's got into you?"

I was shouting by then and had no idea what she was getting at, and people around us were beginning to notice the commotion.

"You weren't thinking of your wife when you were with that slut Jennifer Meadows were you?" Janet screamed back at me.

I opened my mouth to respond but my wits deserted me. What the hell did she know about Jennifer and me?

"See!" Janet continued accusingly. "You don't even deny it you bastard."

"Janet honey," I started to reply. "Jennifer and I were ..... "

It was as far as I got, as my wife interrupted me.

"You've fucked the slut haven't you," Janet accused me. "You've been to bed with her."

"Yes honey," I responded almost automatically, taken back by the ferocity of her attack. "But ...."

"No buts you cheating bastard," Janet interrupted. "I know what you've been up to with that cow and I'm not standing for it."

"But honey ---- It's not what you think."

Oh shit! Oh Golly Moses! ------ Of all the stupid damn things to say, why did I say that?

"Well you can go to hell you rotten bugger," Janet shouted so everyone around could hear. "We're finished and you can go and fuck bleeding Jennifer Meadows whenever you want from now on."

"Listen Janet," I started to say, moving forward to take Janet into my arms. "Jennifer and I were ...."

My speech was bought to a sudden halt by Janet, who grabbed a glass of beer from the table and threw it at me. I was too close to even try to duck and the glass hit me full on the temple, bringing me to a shocked standstill.

'Fuck you," screamed my wife and stormed off, closely followed by Martha who called after her to stop.

"Jesus Mike," Tod said, as he stood and started to wipe the beer off me. "Jennifer Meadows and you ---- She's bloody gorgeous man, but have you seen her husband?"

"I know her bloody husband Tod," I told him as I wiped myself down. "And he already knows about his wife and me."

A surprised look appeared on Tod's face, but I didn't get much opportunity to explain much further, as over on the other side of the room what looked like a cat fight was going on, and women were screaming and shouting. Tables and chairs were going everywhere and it was a right old barny. In other circumstances I might have been concerned, or amused even, but the state I was in, I simply stood there and stared.

"Jesus Mike," Tod interjected. "That's your Janet over there fighting with some blonde."

"That's Jennifer Meadows."

"Christ so it is Mike," Tod mumbled. "Looks like it's broken up now though."

Oh shit! What a bloody mess. How in heaven's name could a couple of nights in the sack with Jennifer have come to this?

-----------------------------

"What's the bleeding game Mike?"

Even though I was holding my head in my hands, I could recognise the strident words of yet another very upset woman shouting at me. All I wanted at that moment was out! But life, at least my life, has never been that easy.

"Hi Jennifer, how are you?"

I couldn't think of anything else to say, the state I was in.

"How am I?" The lovely Jennifer Meadows screamed back at me, her great hulking husband Fred stood there glowering behind her. "What have you been telling that silly cow Janet?"

"Nothing," I claimed, keeping an eye on Fred. "I tried to explain but ...."

"She claimed we were having an affair Mike," Jennifer butted in. "Said that you'd admitted it to her."

I gulped! Fred, the big sod, was looking somewhat pained, and that wasn't good.

"What's this all about Mike?" Jennifer demanded.

"She didn't give me a chance to explain Jennifer," I managed to get in when she gave me a moment to talk. "She asked me if we'd been to bed together and I sort of admitted that we had, before I'd had time to think about it."

"But that was bloody years ago Mike," Jennifer exploded. "We went out together before I met Fred and you got together with Janet."

"I know," I mumbled. "But she didn't give me chance to explain that."

I looked up at Fred and he was smiling at me. Well ---- sort of smiling. I thanked my lucky stars that he already knew that Jennifer and I had been an item for a few months before he'd arrived on the scene.

He was a bloody big sod was that Fred!

"What a stupid cow that Janet is," remarked Jennifer, and then she let out a squeal.

"What's up?" I demanded, looking round, expecting to see my angry wife bearing down on us with a broom or something.

"Your face Mike," she cried out, noticing I supposed at last, that I was still dripping with beer.

"Janet threw a glass of beer over me Jennifer," I explained, trying to smile as if it didn't matter.

"But where did all that blood come from?"

Blood? ----- Oh golly gosh ---- What blood?

The cold liquid that I'd felt running down my face earlier, now felt warm to the touch. There was blood everywhere and it was even dripping on the table and straight into my beer.

What a damn waste!

Everyone started to fuss around me, women leaning forward and wiping my face with napkins and things.

The glass must have broken when it hit me.

Gordon Bennet! What an almighty fuck up!

Within twenty minutes I was at the emergency admissions at the local hospital being booked in by some dragon masquerading in a nurse's uniform.

"Been fighting have you?" She accused me with a look of disgust. No surprise really looking at the flotsam and Jetsam laid out around me in the emergency admissions.

Well --- It was a Saturday night after all.

"No," I replied. "The wife did it."

"You probably deserved it," she commented curtly and moved on to the next poor sod.

So much for the bloody National Health Service!

But seriously they did sort me out, and several stitches and a couple of hours later, Fred of all people led me out to his car and ran me home.

Home that is, to a cold empty place.

No sign of Janet!

God ---- What a bloody mess.

------------------

I tried ringing her mobile but with no success, as all I got was the answer message.

'Sorry, Janet Morris is not available ....' Etc etc etc.

A lot of bloody good that was and you can imagine how pissed off I was feeling.

I went to bed, but leave you to guess how much sleep I actually got that night. What was left of it that is.

Morning --- Sunshine ----- Shower ----- Tea and breakfast. Well, not too much breakfast as I could hardly hold it down. Then I heard a buzzing from my mobile phone and I walked wearily over to where I'd left it the previous night, not looking forward to the conversation that I knew was about to take place.

In fact, it was a text message, and yes you can guess who it was from.

'U R a cheating Bastard F off'

Well that was nice, wasn't it?

'Where R U' I texted back.

'Getting my revenge' came back and I felt the rest of my breakfast coming back up.

I desperately tried ringing to speak to her. To try to prevent Janet from making a terrible mistake. But again I got the answer phone message even though I knew she must have had her phone there with her.

It then occurred to me that it was nine thirty in the morning and that my loving wife had been gone all night long. With a sickening dawning I realised that it was probably too late to prevent what I dreaded, and images of my Janet, even at that very moment, naked under some damn idiot of a footballer, a second division one at that, swam before my eyes.

OH NO!

Despite myself I couldn't prevent the rest of my breakfast making another bid for freedom, and this time I just let it go. Bloody damn mess all over the carpet, which took me hours to clean up sometime later.

I was at a loss what to do.

I tried Martha's mobile but could get no answer, and when I tried their landline I breathed a sigh of relief when Fred answered.

"How's it going Mike?" He asked.

"Bloody terrible," I replied and told him about the text messages.

"Martha's gone over to try to talk some sense into her Mike," Fred went on. "She spoke to her on the phone earlier on and they had a right shouting match."

"Where is she Fred," I asked quietly. "Where did Janet spend the night?"

"I'm not supposed to tell you Mike," he responded unhappily. "I promised Martha."

"That more or less tells me where she spent the night then Fred, doesn't it?" I probed.

"Guess it does Mike," he confirmed. "But it doesn't mean she slept with him or anything."

"Who is this guy Fred," I asked, ignoring his last comment as unlikely. "What's his name?"

"I don't know him Mike," Fred told me, perhaps thinking he was on safer ground. "His name's Nick Masters or something like that and he got transferred in the closed season a few weeks back. He's playing for Stockport this year."

Stockport!

Stockport?

I've got nothing against Stockport mind you, but bloody hell!

Anyway the name Nick was all I needed to know. I'd never met the guy and Janet had never mentioned him.

But her Mum?

Ah Yes.

Yes, she had bought the name up a few times during our early days before she realised that her daughter was serious with me. Damn it, she'd even called me Nick by mistake a couple of times, but I'd laughed it off at the time.

Suddenly everything fell into place.

He'd obviously been back in the area for a few weeks by then. Just about the period of time that Janet had been distant with me. Just about the time that the sex had dropped off.

I could hardly believe that my Janet would cheat on me, but all the evidence pointed that way.

What was I going to do?

What could I do?

The obvious of course, the bloody cheating cow.

I jumped up and charged up the stairs bursting into our bedroom like a man possessed. Grabbing the first suitcase that came to hand from the cupboard, I threw open the first of Janet's drawers and started to shovel handfuls of blouses and things in.

I'd show her!

I threw the drawer to one side in a rage and wrenched open the next draw, taking a handful of clothes from there as well.

Underwear!

Skimpy bras and tiny panties!

Sexy things all of them.

I couldn't help it honestly.

I stopped and stared at them, remembering how gorgeous Janet looked in them.

Remembering how she used to love to tease me by wandering about the house in just sexy bra and pants and a pair of high heels.

Remembering how just a few months ago she'd opened the door to me when I came home from work one evening, clad in just the very skimpy pieces of nothingness that I was grasping in my fist at that very moment.

It was then that the first tear blurred my vision, and though I spent the next few moments trying to wipe it away, it simply didn't seem to want to go.

They do say that it's only when you lose something that you realise how important it is, don't they?

Well for sure at that defining moment it hit me like a brick, just how much I loved Janet, and how much I would miss her if she left me. Or I kicked her out in fact which had seemed to be the course I'd been following.

She'd cheated on me and I had to be realistic about that. But who had fed her the line that I was cheating on her? Who had suggested that I was having an affair with Jennifer Meadows?

Blowed if I knew.

Did it make a difference anyway?

Well, clutching at straws it maybe could.

Britease
Britease
2,384 Followers