Jason's Story Ch. 14

Story Info
Dealing with the truth and what's to come.
4.5k words
4.74
32.8k
13

Part 14 of the 20 part series

Updated 10/22/2022
Created 05/30/2007
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Okay, okay...I know that you've been waiting and once again I apologize for taking so long. This time it wasn't the story, my computer decided to take a vacation for a few weeks. I thought my work was lost, but fortunately for me it wasn't ;-) Read, vote, and post comments because I love that stuff!

Kitty

*

They stood in silence for a few minutes; looking in the face of the baby girl...his baby girl, one of a matching pair. She was wiggling frantically, trying to escape the covers and the nurse that held her. The hurt in his heart subsided just enough for him to appreciate the gift that had just been given to him and he smiled as a tear rolled down his cheek.

"You didn't know did you?"

"No; I had no idea. Did you?"

"When she opened her eyes this morning; I knew something was very different. When you walked into the waiting room it hit me like a ton of bricks. You're my newest grandchildren's father and you're clearly very much in love with their mother."

"I can't believe she would keep this from me. I missed out on everything for the past months; the first kick, the ultrasounds...I just don't understand" he said with a frustrated sigh.

"Jason; what did you expect her to do? I don't know what happened between the two of you, but I do know that my daughter is a very married woman. If; and I do mean if she knew this entire time, she was probably frantic trying to figure out just how to handle this situation."

"This situation? This situation is that I'm very much in love with her, I'm miserable without her, she's just given birth to MY twin girls and..."

"She's married to someone who isn't you and has been for 15 years. Even if she did know; and let me reiterate that is a BIG IF" she started; beginning to get very agitated, "could she really have just come out and said that they were yours?"

"She could've told me anything!" he said almost yelling.

"But could she have told herhusband anything? When would it have been appropriate Jason? How would that conversation go? Hi honey...I've been having an affair and the twins that you love so much might be the result of that affair.

And if you had known eight months ago; would you have stayed away? I can tell the answer to that question just by the fact that you're here; hell, you beat us here! How would that have turned out? Fist fights and a stressed out pregnant woman who could've very well miscarried. I know you're hurting, but be realistic will you?"

He stood in silence while contemplating what she'd said. He knew that she was right and that all practicality had been thrown out for Nigha. He loved her so much and knew that he couldn't have stayed away.

"Elise; I'm sorry" he said in an attempt to bring things down a notch. "I know that you didn't have to do this right now, and I really appreciate it. Please don't misunderstand me..."

She reached out and took his hand and patted it as she began to speak. "Jason; I'm sorry too. I can't imagine what you're going through right now and I'm always going to defend my daughter, but I do understand that you have a mix of emotions to work through and it's not my place to try and influence you one way or the other. Just try and do one thing for me; for all of us please?"

"I can't imagine what that is."

"Remember where we are and remember what's going on right now. I know that there are some serious things that need to be hammered out between you, Nigha, and Brett; but I know that you're a brilliant young man and that you know that now is not the time. Please give them a chance to come out of this and give her a chance to heal."

"I'm not going to cause a big hospital scene; I can promise you that. But the time for me to be kept in the dark is over. Out of respect for you and the situation, I will wait for now and I won't mention anything when we get back to the others."

"Do you still love her?"

"I can't imagine that there will ever come a time when the answer to that question is no; but we have a long talk in a series of long talks ahead of us. I don't know how this is going to turn out, but I will be a part of my daughters' lives no matter what happens between their mother and me."

"I would expect no less from any man, let alone the father of my only granddaughters. I know it's a lot to ask, and I can't imagine the amount of pain that you're in right now; but thank you. They are beautiful aren't they?"

"They're more than I could've ever wished for" he replied; looking at the babies through the window.

**********

When they returned to the waiting room; Kane, Bria, and Simon were there waiting. Bria sensed the change in her mother's attitude toward Jason immediately and was quite curious as to what had happened in the 20 minutes that they were alone together. Before she had a chance to investigate; the attending physician came out to brief them on Nigha and Brett's conditions.

"Mr. and Mrs. McShay; Nigha has stabilized and her body is in the process of healing itself and we're going to be moving her to a private room this afternoon. She has however slipped into a coma and it is our hope that she'll come out of it soon, but in these situations it's very difficult to tell. She suffered a severe head trauma, but no brain damage so her overall prognosis looks good...if she can come out of it without too much time elapsing."

As the tears started to stream down her face; Bria asked the question that was on all of their minds. "What about Brett?"

"To be honest; we didn't think he'd make it through the night, but that one's a fighter and he's still hanging on. He's made some marginal improvements, but it's still touch and go at this point. There's definitely more hope to be had this morning, but it's still a good idea for those close to him to be here."

"Suzanne and Bill are in Europe trying to get back. They should be here tomorrow" Simon volunteered, "but I love that boy like he was my own so we'll stand in in the meantime" he said as he grabbed Elise by the waist and pulled her close.

"After she's moved; when will she be able to have visitors?" Elise asked.

"Personally, I feel that with her situation; the sooner the better. The visits should be limited to one person at a time for no more than 45 minutes for the first few days. Everyone that visits will need to wear scrubs to decrease the risk of infection, but it's my personal opinion that these visits will make the difference in her coming out of this coma."

Kane spoke next, "Well if it's visitors she needs; it's visitors she's got!" he said as he hugged Bria close to him.

Jason stood in silence next to Elise and when she saw the look on his face; she reached out and took his hand. "Yes doctor; my Nigha is lucky to have so many people around who care about her" she said with a squeeze of his hand.

"You're absolutely right Mrs. McShay. I'll go and make the arrangements to have her moved and when she's settled; I'll have one of the nurses come out and explain the visiting procedure."

"Thank you doctor" they all said one by one.

By the time they got Nigha moved to a private room; it was late in the day and she only had time for two visitors. Of course, everyone insisted Elise go first and then Simon would follow. Each of their visits was uneventful but comforting because regardless of what the doctor said; they knew that it was only a matter of time before she opened her eyes.

Bria and Kane went to grab some food for everyone and when they got back; Jason realized that it was the first thing he'd eaten since leaving Atlanta. He made quick work of the sandwiches and drinks (Kane had noticed that he hadn't eaten also, and got him two of everything) before dozing off in the waiting room.

The next day came with the news that Bill and Suzanne were stuck in Heathrow airport and wouldn't be able to make it until the next day; but Brett continued to surprise the hospital staff. The man that they hadn't expected to make it through the first night had now made it through two and though his improvements were marginal at best; they were improvements nonetheless.

Simon and Elise had been in constant contact with Brett's parents since the accident. It was of little comfort to Bill and Suzanne; but the continuing updates and Simon's optimistic outlook had given them some hope. Hope was all that they had to hold onto; hope that he would somehow hold on and defy the odds.

********************

"Mom; what's going on with you and Jason? At first you couldn't stop staring at him and now something's different and you're sort of treating him like...family."

"Bri; I think a better question is how long has your sister beeninvolved with Jason?"

Bria looked at her mother with a stunned expression on her face. How the hell did she know, or was she fishing.

"Mom I have no idea what you're talking about. Yes he's gorgeous but Nigha? Come on Mom, you know better."

"So it's been quite a while then" she said matter-of-factly. "Why do you think that I don't know?"

"What makes you think that you do?" Bria asked with an intense curiosity.

"Have you seen your nieces lately?"

"You can't be serious. Those babies are Nigha through and through."

"Of course they are sweetheart. But their eyes belong to their father."

Bria felt her heart sink. Every time she'd been to visit Bryce and Jadyn, as she knew what Nigha was going to name them; they'd been asleep. She searched for some doubt in her mother's eyes but saw none. She'd been right all along and she knew that Nigha had known the whole time she was pregnant.

"What?" was all she could muster as a response to her mother's statement.

"So you didn't know for sure until now; but I'm going to guess that you suspected it. Oh, Jason knows."

"What?"

"JASON KNOWS!" Elise said to her dumbfounded daughter, slowly and succinctly.

"Oh my God! What are we going to do?"

"We have to get Jason out of here before Bill and Suzanne show up."

"Does Dad know?"

"No girl! There are only two of us that know...make that three, although I'm sure your boyfriend has had the same thought. As soon as everyone else sees those eyes and Jason; we're going to have a lot of company though"

"Jesus Nigha" Bria said as she clasped her face in her hands. "How in the world did you get in this mess?"

"That's a stupid question! I got my answer when I first saw him. That boy could make panties magically melt away from your body" she said with a glazed look in her eyes.

"Mom!" Bria said in a state of shock.

"Oh don't act like you don't know! By the way, his brother has that same quality I'm sure" she said with a laugh; nudging Bria with her arm. "This is going to be a tough one."

"You said it Mom. Bill and Suzanne are due in any time now; what's going to happen then?"

"Jason is a sensible guy. He doesn't want to add drama to the trauma of this whole situation. I'm going to ask him if he'll leave before they get here."

"You do realize the improbability of Jason actually going along with that request don't you?"

"I think wild horses would have a difficult time of dragging that man away, but he's been here for 4 days now; I'll just try to convince him that he needs to go home before Bill and Suzanne get here."

"Nigha is in a serious mess with this one. Jason has been sick without her and I have a feeling that the twins are more than enough ammunition for him to fight for her."

"She loves him doesn't she" she said more as a statement than a question.

"Yes, but she's still in love with Brett too. However this one plays out; they're all going to be hurt."

"Most definitely. We'll just have to try and be there for them when the inevitable happens."

"What do you think is going to happen, Mom?"

"It doesn't matter what I think; the inevitable is...inevitable. What I do know is no one is coming out of this unscathed."

********************

Bill and Suzanne had finally got a flight out of Heathrow; but in order to leave before their scheduled return they had to take a flight to LAX. Even though it was on the complete opposite side of the country; their only thoughts were getting to their son and new granddaughters as quickly as possible.

They would be there the next day.

********************

After everyone else had their visit; it was finally Jason's turn. He hadn't seen her since she'd been moved from the ICU. By the time he was to go in and visit, he was able to forego the scrubs.

Her face was much less swollen, but she still looked like she'd gone a few rounds with Tyson. She looked so still and so peaceful, he cautiously approached the chair by her bedside.

"Nigh...I need you to open your eyes. I have to know that you're going to be alright. I know that you'd tell me that you're fine and I don't need to be here and I'd just smile and tell you that you know that I'd have to be here. But...I need you to wake up and tell me anyway."

He gently placed his hand on her battered and bruised one. He reached out and lightly brushed a bit of her hair away from her face exposing the stapled gash; wincing as he saw it. He carefully touched her stomach and his emotions got the better of him.

"How could you keep this from me...them from me?" he asked with his voice quivering. "You have to come out of this thing and it has to be fast because I'm dying inside. I need to talk to you...I need you" he was able to get out before he put his head down on the bed next to her and cried quietly.

'Who's crying? Is something wrong? Can I do anything to help?'

"I can't understand how you could leave me in the dark knowing how I feel. Knowing how much I love you."

'Who is that? He sounds so familiar and he's in so much pain; I can hear it in his voice but I can't understand what he's saying. I know that voice'

"You can say what you want; you can stay with Brett if you want, but make no mistake Nigha...you will be mine in the end" he said to her as he wiped the tears from his face. "If you think I'm going to let you go now that you've had my children then you are very sadly mistaken."

'What is he saying? I know that voice all to well. Is it Brett? No...it's Jason. What is he doing here? Where is here?'

Jason put his head down next to her hand and his exhaustion finally got the better of him and he drifted off.

Nigha opened her eyes about 10 minutes after he'd dozed off and was a little startled by her surroundings. She was out of sorts and then she noticed that she wasn't alone. She felt something on her hand and when she looked down; there were silky waves of black hair falling onto her hand. She reached out and ran it through her fingers; lost for a moment in it's texture and beauty. After a few short moments he stirred and when he went to turn his head; he opened his eyes and saw hers.

Shaking his head as if trying to come out of a dream; he sat up and ran his hands over his eyes before looking at her face again. The eyes were still open and looking at him quizzically now.

"Jason? What are you doing here?" she asked and then started to cough. "What am I doing here?"

"Baby, you and Brett were in a terrible accident."

"What?" she said as she slowly lifted her hand to her head. "Where is he?" she asked as she felt the staples holding her face together and winced in pain. Jason noticed a look of panic wash over her face as the realization came to her. She looked down at her stomach in horror and then said "Oh God...where are my babies?"

She was hurling questions at him left and right when he noticed her heart rate increasing on the monitor. He had to calm her down quickly.

"Nigh honey please calm down. The babies are fine; they're in the nursery. You however are not fine and you have to calm down. I want you to take some deep breaths now" he said as he held her hand.

"Where is Brett? Is he okay too?" she said as tears streamed down her face.

"Brett's in the ICU right now."

He could see it in her eyes as the memories came flooding back. She sat up to make her way out of the room when he sat down on the bed beside her to block her exit.

"Jason, get out of the way. I have to get to my husband and my babies!" she said in all the strength she could muster.

"Don't you feel the pain? Honey, you can't walk out of here; you have a fractured pelvis!"

"Pelvis be damned! Brett, Bryce, and Jadyn need me. I have to get out of here."

"That's not going to happen sweetheart" he said in an attempt to keep her calm. "If you don't calm down, the hospital staff will come in and sedate you. I've waited an eternity to see those eyes and hear your voice, please don't take that away from me."

She calmed down and leaned on him in exhaustion. Her heart rate started to go down as she visibly relaxed. As some of his words started to sink in, she had questions for him.

"An eternity? How long have I been here?"

"Four days."

"How long have you been here? Why are you here?"

"Four days and you already know."

She looked at his face and it was painfully obvious that he'd spent most of the past four days in the hospital. He was still beautiful with his bags and stubble.

"Jason, you shouldn't be here. You have your own life to attend to" she said as she reached up and ran her fingers over his stubble.

"Nigha, I couldn't be anywhere else. I love you" he said as he put his hand over her fingers.

She continued to look at him and studied this new look. His hair was past his shoulders and was absolutely beautiful. Even with his red eyes from a lack of sleep, he was just as sexy as she remembered; even more so.

"Jase, it's not fair to you to be here. You have your own life..."

"And I have my own heart which you still seem to possess. I've taken some much needed time off and there's no place else I could be."

"Who else is here?"

"Bria, K, your mom and dad, and Brett's parents should be in tomorrow."

"Jesus. How bad is it?"

"I can't lie to you; it's not pretty."

"But Bryce and Jadyn are alright?"

"Who?"

"The twins; they're alright aren't they?"

"They're perfect and beautiful; just like their mother" he said as he placed his hand on the unmarked side of her face.

She looked into those beautiful eyes and saw his sincerity; even though she knew by the pain that she felt all over her face that the last thing that she was at that point in time was beautiful. In addition to sincerity; she saw love, worry, pain, and turmoil.

Jason was conflicted about how much to tell her. He just knew that he wouldn't tell her that he knew the truth about their babies.

"Jase, I have to see him."

"I know that you want to, but he can't have visitors right now. But you can and there are some people outside that are going to be jumping for joy when I go and tell them that you're awake."

"Who's here?"

"Bria; of course, Simon, Elise, and Kane."

"You've already met my parents?" she asked with a small laugh.

"Sure have" he said with a nod. "They're great and your mom is HOT!"

As he laughed she punched him in the arm and he pretended to fall over.

"Your dad's not to shabby either."

"Jason...stop checking out my parents you perv!"

"Speaking of your parents; I'm going to tell them that you're awake."

Before he got up, she grabbed his forearm to stop his ascent. He looked at her hand and placed his on top of it.

"It means a lot to me that you're here and that you've been here all this time."

"Nigh; there's no where else I could be right now" he said as he leaned over and kissed her on the forehead.

There was a long silence between them before she spoke again.

"Jase wait; before you go and get my parents...there's something I need to tell you. I'm sure you'll hate me; and with good reason, but you have a right to know. There's something that I've been keeping from you for far too long..."

12