Jeffrey's Divorce and Recovery

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Abby, you need to come with me please. I...Abby Jennifer and Ann want you to come over to Dad's for a few minutes please."

Abby began crying and her stomach knotted up even more. "NO, Oh, no, please Paul. It's not Jeffery is it?"

Paul looked at Abby and said, "Abby, he was hit but I'm told he will be OK. Some of his men weren't so lucky though. Honey it was his team we heard about on the news this morning."

Abby began crying harder and threw herself into Paul's arms. She never realized when he led her from the building, to his car or into Jim's house. There was another Army man there talking to Jim and Edward when they arrived. He stood when he saw Paul and said, "Colonel I've been filling your family in on Captain Fielding's condition while we waited for you. This must be the young lady we've been waiting for?"

Paul nodded his head and said, "Yes Major. This is Abigail. I believe you said you had transportation laid on for tomorrow morning?"

"Yes sir. Some of the team will be in Germany for some time but Captain Fielding and the more lightly wounded members will be arriving in the states within a day or two. We have your rooms all set up and will see you meet his plane when it lands."

"Thank you. Would you like to stay here tonight or at my house? We can get you a room at the lodge also if you would prefer?"

"Oh, no Sir but thank you. I can go back to town. I already have a room there. I will be here at 0800 tomorrow to help you with the arrangements."

"Nonsense. Abby do you feel like taking care of getting the Major settled into a room at the lodge tonight?"

Abby nodded her head and said, "Of course sir. And I'll see he's fed in the morning also."

Major Davis drove Abby back to the lodge after the family and she visited for a short while. He was very nice about answering her questions and left her feeling a little better than she had when she first found out Jeff had been injured.

The next morning everything was in turmoil. Jim and Ann were going to stay home and care for the Resort and other business while Paul, Jennifer and Abigail flew to Washington DC to await Jeffery's arrival at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. He had specifically asked that Abigail be there and his parents wouldn't allow her to stay home. In the end, her resistance crumbled and she went with them.

When the morning papers hit the streets there was shock and awe in many of the towns around Steelville. In truth, there was some shock in the offices of senior businessmen across the country. They had heard about the heroic Green Beret teams battle the day before but now, after the families had been notified they found out the names of those Brave Soldiers. One name stood out to many of the readers-Jeffery Fielding. Many knew him or knew of him. Many called him friend.

Two people who read the papers had slightly different reactions than others though. When Amy read the paper and the account of Jeffery's actions she was at first shocked, then once again sad. She had once again missed the opportunity to bask in the reflected glory of a 'Big Man'. Oh, how could she have so badly misread Jeffery and his potential?

The other person who read the article was sitting in a cheap diner trying to choke down a subpar breakfast before going to his sales job in a small hardware store. He read the article and looked closely at the picture of a Green Beret Captain on a stretcher as his family greeted him at the airport. He was covered in bandages and his left leg was in a cast. Howard threw the paper across the booth where it slid onto the floor. He said in a loud, angry voice, "That Son of A Bitch! He has more luck than any man alive. Not even the damn Taliban can kill the Bastard."

Howard felt his stomach begin to sour and he pushed the rest of his breakfast away. He stared out into the dreary February morning and sighed. He decided he had really been lucky he heeded the advice of his friend and left without trying to take any revenge on the Fieldings. Howard got up and trudged off to his dead end job and the rest of his dreary life.

About the same time Howard and Amy were reading about his narrow escape and heroic actions Jeffery was looking at an opening door in his hospital room. He was still weak and he hurt like hell but his face beamed with pleasure and his smile lit the room. Abigail had walked into the room and his parents were following behind her.

Abby slowly approached his bed. She reached out and laid a hand softly on his bandaged chest. There were tears in her eyes. Jeff pulled his arm from under the covers and wrapped it around her hips. She fought him gently when he pulled her as close to the bed as he could and held her. He smiled up into her eyes.

About that time the doctor came into the room reading the chart. He looked up when he saw all the people in the room and frowned. He knew it wasn't time for visiting hours and he wondered what these people were doing here. He started to ask that very question when the chief nurse of the shift came into the room with a pot of coffee. She said, "Colonel I decided it would be easier if I just brought the whole pot instead of cups of coffee. Just call the nurses station if you need anything else."

The doctor who was a Major closed his mouth and stood almost at attention. "Colonel, I'm sorry. I didn't know the Colonel was going to be here this morning. Is there something I can do for you?"

Paul looked at the Doctor and said, "No Doctor. Nothing for me. Just keep on doing what you can for my Son here and I'll be happy. Can you tell me anything about his condition or how long he will be in here?"

"Yes Sir. Just give me a moment to check on the Captain and I'll tell you all I can." The doctor listened to Jeff's heart and lungs then asked him about pain.

Jeff said, "I hurt like hell sir but at least I'm all here. I...I guess I'm better off than most of my men."

"Humm," the Doctor said. "Well, other than the holes in your body I would say you are doing pretty well. I think we need to get you walking and doing some light physical therapy. I'll send them around. You just take it easy and walk down to the nurses' station and back a couple times today. We'll see what that does for you and go from there."

The Doctor looked at Paul and motioned out the door with his head. Paul followed, then Jennifer. Abby looked at Jeff, then toward the door. She finally pulled away from Jeff and walked up to the Doctor and his parents. The Doctor was talking. He said, "Colonel he's out of danger. We have him full of antibiotics to ward off infection. It's been long enough that if there were any holes missed in his intestines we would know. As far as I can tell all we need to do is get him healed up and back in shape. I would guess he will be here for another week or so then he can take convalescent leave. I would guess it will take 6 months or so before he is back to normal."

Abby was crying while she listened to the Doctor. She asked, "But he'll be OK? He doesn't have anything permanently wrong?"

The Doctor looked at her then turned to Paul. At Paul's nod he replied, "Miss Stover he will be fully functional. There will be some scar tissue and stiffness as well as pain for some time. Most of the stiffness and pain should dissipate over time. I don't expect his wounds to be of a career ending nature if that's what you mean."

Abby looked at the Doctor and said, "No, I, well I just wanted to know if, well if he'll be OK."

Paul looked at Abby and then the Doctor. He said, "Major in the future you can discuss any part of my son's condition and treatment with this young lady. You are to assume she has the right to know anything you would tell either him or us. Do I make myself clear? Log that in his records now if you please."

When Paul started talking the Major stiffened to attention. His face flushed and he clenched his teeth in anger. He looked first at Paul, then Abby. "Yes Sir," he answered. "Will there be anything else Sir?" At Paul's headshake 'no' he marched down the corridor.

Paul turned to Abby and said, "Abby I think Jennifer and I will walk downstairs and have some coffee in the restaurant. Do you want to come with us or..."

Abby smiled and said, "No Sir. I think I'll just go back in and see Jeff if that's OK with you?" She turned and walked back into Jeff's room. Once again when he saw her he smiled and this time he held his arm out for her to walk into.

Abby pulled a chair up next to his bed and leaned into it as Jeff's arm wrapped around her shoulders. She leaned to him and gave him a gentle kiss. She felt him relax and sigh. After a few moments Jeff began grunting and hitching himself toward the edge of the bed away from Abby. She pulled back and asked, "Jeff. Be careful. What are you trying to do?"

Jeff smiled and patted the bed beside him with the arm he had been holding Abby with. She looked at him a little fearfully, then hesitantly stood. She was looking down at him when he whispered, "Abby. Please? Just for a little while. While I was lying there not knowing if I was going to make it back or not all I could think about was holding you. Please, just for a little while? I won't bite and I promise I won't..." Jeff laughed and continued, "Hell girl, I can't molest you. Please?"

Abby slowly sat on the edge of the bed, kicked her shoes off and carefully lay on her side beside Jeff and facing him. His arm was under her neck and she felt it gently pull her to him. He turned and gave her a gentle kiss. They lay and looked into each other's eyes.

All at once Abby heard a gruff female voice say, "What the hell?" then she heard it begin laughing along with a male and another female voice laughing as well. She slid, almost fell out of the bed and turned to face the intruders. She felt her face flush, then gasped in horror when she saw the Chief nurse and Jeffery's parents standing in the door watching her.

Abby stammered, saying, "He insisted. He said all he could think about was holding me..."

Jennifer walked to Abby and gently placed her fingers on Abby's lips. She said, "Shhh. It's OK. We were just surprised. Relax honey." Abby felt the tension leak out of her and she once again sat beside Jeff's bed. She reached out and held his hand. She couldn't believe he had slept through all that. He seemed so much more relaxed than he had been too.

Paul and Jennifer stayed two more days then decided they needed to get back home. They arranged for Abby to stay and accompany Jeff home when he was released for his convalescent leave. If all went well that would be in two or three more days. She would accompany him back to Steelville.

The day before they were to leave Jeff was given an off the premises pass. He demanded Abby accompany him to a restaurant for lunch then a short walk before they returned to the hospital. Jeff had been talking to Abby for a short time while they perused the menu. He seemed preoccupied and she was worried. After they ordered, Jeff motioned the waiter over and they held a whispered conversation. Then the waiter stood back and said, "Yes Sir. Take all the time you need."

Jeff leaned across the table and told Abby, "Honey I have to make a restroom call. Will you excuse me a moment? If you need anything Jacque will get it. I may be several minutes but don't worry."

Abby was worrying before Jeff stood but smiled bravely at him and nodded. It seemed like he had been gone forever when she checked her watch. Had it really only been fifteen minutes? The next time she checked it had been twenty, then thirty. She was really beginning to worry. What if he had fallen and needed help? What should she do?

Finally Abby saw Jeff walking toward her. Slowly to be sure but he seemed to have a bounce in his step if that was possible when you used crutches. He was smiling from ear to ear. Jeff walked to her side and tried to kneel. He got part way down and grimaced, then said, "Oh, shit! I guess I had better sit down for this after all."

When he staggered, Abby reached for him to help him steady himself. He pulled a chair from the adjacent table and sat facing Abby and stared into her eyes. The waiter and maitre de were standing just to the side holding a bottle of Champagne and holder for it. Their fellow diners were watching the tableau unfold.

Jeff reached into his uniform pocket and pulled a small box from it. He opened it, glanced inside then turned it toward Abigail. He licked his lips and began talking. "Abby I had fallen completely in love with you before I was recalled to Active Duty. I was waiting on the right time to ask you this but...well, it never seemed to come up did it. All the time I was in Afghanistan I couldn't keep my mind off you. Every free moment I thought about you. How you smiled, your laugh, your joy in life and how complete and serene I felt in your company. Then when the battle turned bad and I thought I might never see or hear or touch you again I almost died inside. Abby I don't want to go through another moment of my life without you. Will you marry me?"

As Jeff talked Abby became more and more frightened. She felt the tears sliding down her cheeks and she reached for Jeff's hand. She said, "Oh, Jeff. I love you too but...Well your family...I mean, well what would they think. I have nothing, I'm just the cook and housekeeper for your Resort. You can't marry me! I..."

Jeff felt the bottom fall out of his stomach. He grabbed Abby's hands and looked into her eyes. He said, "Abby they know how I feel about you. They all love you too. Don't you think they love you too? Haven't you noticed how they have accepted you into the family already? Abby, mother brought this ring when they came out here with you. It was my Grandmother Robinson's ring and she thought..."

Jeff smiled and said, "She told me whenever I decided to marry again she wanted the lucky lady to wear this ring. Do you think she would have brought the ring to me if they didn't approve of you?"

Abby smiled through her tears and reached for the ring. She gently began placing it on her finger and said, "Yes, Jeffery Fielding. Yes, I'll marry you and I'll have your babies and we'll raise them in Steelville at the Resort."

When the other diners and the waiter and maitre de saw her place the ring on her finger they all applauded and the Champagne was delivered. The maitre de leaned slightly down and said, "May I be the first to congratulate you Captain and madam?" He turned slightly toward Jeff and said, "Sir that gentleman," and he pointed toward the door where several well dressed men were exiting the building, "has kindly informed me that luncheon and the Champagne are paid for. He heard about your heroism and said this was the least he could do at this time."

Jeff turned and waved toward the door. He asked the maitre de, "Who was he? I need to at least thank him."

The maitre de smiled and said, "He told me that if you asked I was not to say. I was only to say he will see you again and thank you properly for your service at that time."

After their leisurely lunch Jeff and Abby walked arm in arm to the cab that was to take them back to his room at the hospital. Jeff had to almost force Abby to leave his room and go back to her hotel but finally she did leave. The next morning Jeff's car picked her up at the hotel and took them both to the airport for the return home.

Abby was shocked when they walked out of the arrival concourse at the airport. If she didn't know better she would think the entire town of Steelville was there to greet Jeff. They yelled and pushed, reaching their hands out to touch or shake his hands. Abby felt her anger rise when some of the unmarried women tried to get near him and hug him. She stood between them and him when she could. She placed her left hand on his arm and looked up at him. He smiled down at her.

Abby heard a gasp and someone grabbed her hand, pulling it from Jeff's arm. Darleen from the café held her hand up and said, "Jeff, Abby. Is this what I think it is?" Jeff smiled and Abby blushed then shook her head yes.

Darlene laughed and shouted, "Quiet. Quiet everyone. Look at this!" Then she held Abby's hand up in the air so all could see the engagement ring on her finger. This encouraged another round of handshakes and back pats for Jeff and kisses and hugs for her this time also. Finally security gently directed the mob down the concourse and out onto the sidewalk where they all wandered toward their vehicles. It was a long convoy back to Steelville.

When they arrived in town it was decorated like the fourth of July. Banners, streamers, flags and yellow ribbons were all over the town. Those who hadn't met them at the airport were on hand to wave and welcome them as they drove down the street. Jeff's Parents drove to the VFW hall where there was a large welcome home supper and party for Jeff. It was after 11 p.m. before they finally managed to get back to the Resort.

Abby helped Jeff from his parents' car and into his cabin. She guided him into his bedroom and stood on her tiptoes to give him a gentle kiss. She sighed and leaned into him when she felt his arms wrap around her.

The kisses became more and more hot and robust. She felt their tongues warring with each other. Abby moaned when she felt Jeff's hands caress her breasts for the first time (other than the accidental touches when they were rough housing in the swimming hole).

Her nipples were harder than they had ever been and she felt her pussy gush and soak the gusset of her panties. Jeff slowly moved his hands from her breasts to the buttons on her blouse. He slowly and gently unbuttoned then slid the blouse from her shoulders. She gasped when she felt the cold air caress her breasts as her bra slid from her shoulders also.

Jeff once again pulled her to his chest, flattening her breasts against his bandages. As they kissed she wondered when his shirt had disappeared? She kissed him again, reveling in the act. Abby felt Jeff's hand between them then heard his belt buckle rattle. She felt his trousers slide down his legs and him step out of them, kicking them aside.

Jeff reached around her and unzipped her skirt. He pushed it and her panties down. He steadied her while she stepped out of them. They once again locked their arms around each other while they kissed.

Jeff groaned and first sat, then lay back on the bed. Abby allowed him to pull her down with him until she lay beside him. They continued to stare into each other's eyes while they kissed and let their hands roam over each other's body.

Abby moaned when she felt Jeff's hand run down over her belly and his fingers caress her most secret place. She slowly slid her hand down to his middle and stopped in shock. My GOD she thought. He's huge. How can something like that ever fit into a woman!

Abby raised her head and looked at Jeff's cock then into his eyes. He could see the fear in her eyes and raised his head to give her a gentle kiss. "Are you OK honey?" He asked.

Abby nodded her head, then said, "I...It's so big Honey and I've never..."

Jeff felt shock and looked into Abby's eyes. He could feel her tremble. He pulled her to him, holding her to his chest. He said, "You've never made love before?" Abby shook her head no.

"Oh my God," Jeff said. "I didn't know. I thought. Oh, shit. I can't do this right with all these bandages and my cast. Shit, shit, shit."

Abby was crying and kissing Jeff while he cursed. "Oh Honey," she said. "I'm sorry. I thought you knew. Oh, what can I do?" She felt herself gently thrusting her crotch against Jeff's hand that was trapped between them.

Jeff looked at her and said, "Honey sometimes the first time hurts. Sometimes a lot and I can't hold myself over you like I need to. We can quit and"

Abby vehemently said, "NO. I want this. WE need this. Now tell me what to do. I'll do it for us."

1...67891011