Jelly Bean and Her Bail Bondsman Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Danny, I mean Mr. Skinner. What are you doing here?"

"Oh, Danny what are you doing here?" the porcine loudmouth said mockingly and the weasel was laughing in his nasal bray and slapping the counter while looking at Anita.

"Ignore these trash, Ms. Jones. The job is yours if you want it. I would like you to start today to give you your orientation."

There were two burly seasoned truckers sitting on stools at the far end of the counter watching us as if they were expecting trouble. They saw me watching them out of the corner of my eye and one of them nodded, solemnly.

"Of course I'll take the job Mr. Skinner," Anita said smiling and I was thinking, 'what a beautiful smile my little jelly bean has.'

****************************************

"My shift will be over in an hour. Can you give me a ride?" I asked hopefully, "My car is well, indisposed at the time."

"Forget it Danny, she is going to give us a blow job and then we'll ride Anita for you," the big lout said standing and getting right in Danny's face.

"That's right," the small one said looking at me and rubbing his groin. I had them pegged right away for what they were, disgusting louts and I tried to ignore them but now I was just plain scared.

Things got real quiet and it seemed everybody was watching us. Danny is a true gentlemen and so soft spoken. They looked mean and tough.

I bet they were carrying knives and now they were going to hurt him.

Sally tried to get in between them, buying time and I was thinking, 'Where in the world is Zane. Go get Zane, Sally, go get Zane.'

"Alright, funs over. Why don't you two boys stop kidding and sit down. Order anything you want. It's on the house."

"Shut your pie-hole, bitch," the bald one said to Sally while poking Danny in the chest with his index finger, "I'm talking to the pretty faggot here."

"Red," Danny commanded quietly taking a couple of steps back, his eyes never leaving the two of them, "Step away and give me some room, "And the tone of his voice changed ever so slightly, "It is time to put out the trash."

I was thinking, 'No Danny, don't. Wait for Zane. Why doesn't somebody get up and help him.'

"I'm waiting, faggot," the loudmouth sneered.

"Try poking me again," Danny said quietly. When the big lout tried Danny moved quickly to one side grabbing the man's wrist and elbow while applying pressure and twisting.

I think Danny must have kicked his feet from under the lout because in a blink of an eye baldy went crashing to the floor onto his stomach. Danny had his foot on the lout's back and the arm was straight up in the air with his hand bent at the wrist.

Fortunately somebody did get up and help. The two trucker's at the end of my counter who ordered double helpings of hot roast beef with gravy, lots of gravy over mashed potatoes, including the vegetable of the day, corn. They were so hungry when they came in they had dessert first. They helped themselves to apple pie with cheddar cheese in the refrigerated case at the end of the counter where they were sitting.

I rushed over to stop them but too late. They smiled and placed their orders. They then both of them handed me twenty-two dollars each and told me to keep the change. They asked me when I started working here and teased me about the look on my face when they helped themselves to the pie. One of them had a daughter my age in college and showed me her picture.

They were holding the little lout's arms behind his back by the wrists.

One of them was anyway; the other was opening and closing a switchblade that he took out of the little lout's leather jacket pocket.

"It seems we have a situation here," Danny said quietly while applying pressure to the big one's hand and wrist, "Do I let you go, or do I call the Sheriff. I can simply break your wrist and still call the Sheriff. How many good people have you terrorized and gotten away with?"

"Like she said, Mr. Skinner," the little one whined, referring to Sally, "We were only kidding."

"Shut your mouth. When I give you permission to speak you both will apologize to Ms. Jones and," he looked at Sally.

"Ms. McCarthy," Sally offered and Danny replied, "Thank you, Red."

***************************************

The idiot on the floor finally found his voice and was trying to bluff his way out, "Go ahead and call the fucking Sheriff. We're Hell Dogs. Go ahead and break my wrist. One telephone call and you fucking disappear off the fucking face of the earth."

"Yah, that's right, were Hell Dogs, faggot." The little weasel repeated.

"Well if that's the case there is only one thing to do," SNAP, I simply broke his wrist and let go to step back while he scrambled to a sitting position to hold his broken wrist to his chest as he rocked back and forth in pain.."

"You are a poltroon and a liar, big mouth," I said, taking my business card out of my pocket and throwing it the floor next to him.

"Thank you for your help gentlemen. If there is anything that I can do for you just ask. You can keep the switchblade. Please let go of the weasel so that he can help his clueless leader."

The little weasel helped the big porcine idiot to his feet not meeting my eyes.

"Take him to the hospital or not. It makes no difference to me but I have changed my mind. I won't have you soil these gentle lady's ears any further with your disingenuous apologies. Your apologies would be as worthless as you both are.

I'm not going to call the Sheriff. I have something worse in mind. You have my card. Ask around about me and then pray I don't make that telephone call. Out with you trash. You have thirty seconds to be off the property......"

****************************************

Danny was willing to take them both on for me. He didn't even need a baseball bat. What kind of a man is he? They ran out of there. What did Danny mean by "that telephone call?" Danny stuck up for me and Sally too. He called us gentle ladies.

I just stood there after they left not sure what to do...correct that.

I knew what I wanted to do; what the romance novels my Mom loves to read said I should do but I was too shy and unsure of myself around men to try.

Nobody cheered afterward like they do in romance novels. But there were some heads nodding in approval and the thumbs up before everybody went back minding their own business.

I finished my shift while Danny sat at the counter and talked with Zane and the truckers who helped him. He ate two bowls of Chili. Sally was back and forth flirting with him and I was stewing in my own juices...I thought Sally was my friend.

At the end of my shirt I came out of the bathroom from changing out of my uniform into my blue jeans, sneakers and a loose white peasant blouse that had embroidery on the sleeves and collar. Danny took my arm and walked me to his Corvette. I was imagining that I was his lover and other naughty thoughts like that.

Just as Danny was helping me in and had closed the door Sally came running out of the restaurant. She had taken her hair out of her braid and it was streaming behind her as she ran like a wavy red flag to settle over her shoulders and down below her waist when she stopped.

Sally knew what to do. Sally put her arms around Danny's neck and kissed his mouth and I mean really kissed him, long and deep. Danny was enjoying it. It was if I wasn't even there.

I slid down in my seat and pretended that I didn't notice but I watched the whole thing. Danny kissed her back and his strong hands were buried in Sally's long red tresses when they should have been in mine. Danny should be kissing me like that.

I watched Sally put her hand at the base of her throat and she was damn near panting. She looked flustered...Sally flustered?

How do I compete with that? How do I compete with figure like Sally's and with all that hair? I used to have beautiful long brown hair and now I look like plump boy. Damn you Monique...no, damn me for listening to her. I hate the way I look.

It will take me years to have hair like that again, years......

Danny got in next and reached behind me. I hoped that he was going to pull me close to him and kiss me. That would show Sally.

Instead Danny grabbed my seat belt shoulder harness and hesitated before saying, "You are officially on the clock now Ms. Jones. Please sit up straight so that I can buckle you in."

****************************************

"Yes Sir," my little jelly bean said while sitting up straight and folding her hands on her lap.

Anita was looking straight ahead with her lips poised in a pout; now how cute is that? Anita is such a baby in some ways, but in a cute ways. Imagine, pouting at her age.

I can't help it that Sally kissed me like that, or that I enjoyed it and kissed her back.

It was a marvelous and spontaneous thing. Sally is a beautiful woman and she took her hair down for me. The kiss was a gift....her way of saying thank you. I tasted the real Sally with her guard down, not the tough waitress who probably looked after Anita since day one.

Sally McCarthy is a class act and a fine brave lady and I am definitely going to follow up on those kisses.

****************************************

He glanced at me a few times and was smiling. Perhaps I was making a mountain out of a mole hill. There was an accident up ahead and I couldn't just sit there. I'm going to kiss him and thank him when we stop....good here goes...

I touched his arm, and he turned and looked at me with those blue eyes...."Yes, Ms. Jones," and I chickened out.

"What did you mean when you told those louts about the telephone call?"

"They are cowardly thugs plain and simple. They were not wearing colors, or if you like insignias that proclaimed themselves as members of a gang.

Biker gangs take such things very seriously. The Hell Cats in particular. They can be very violent, but they are also discrete and keep tightly to themselves. They seldom go into straight places and when they do they do not bring attention to themselves."

"But what about the telephone call?"

"That was a bluff and breaking his wrist raised the stakes to make the bluff convincing. In their minds I let them off easy."

"Do you know any Hell Cats?"

"Personally, no, but I have contacts who do; hangers-out. They would get the word out for me.

"What could happen to the louts if the hangers-out got the word out?"

"If the louts... I like the way you put that Anita for it is a very lady like way to describe them. If they were wearing the Hell Cat's colors and were not members they would be killed; claiming affiliation and then bringing attention to the Hell Cats; definitely the loss of one or both ears as a warning. Especially if the police were called and their subsequent arrest was reported to the papers with the name Hell Cats mentioned."

I shivered when he told me that and noticing Danny took my hand and squeezed it.

"The important thing is you're safe and they will never bother you again. I've met your Mother. Mary is a lovely woman. I can tell you two are very close and that your Mom loves you very much.

Someone once wrote, "Never be ashamed of where you come from for therein lies your strength. You are your Mother's daughter, Anita."

Danny let go of my hand and became quiet and thoughtful... but so was I......

****************************************

Danny got out first and opened the car door for me like my Dad always does for Mom.

"It's still light out Ms. Jones. I will give you part of your orientation while we walk the path along the fence line."

This time Danny did all the talking while I asked a few pertinent questions. It actually sounded exciting because there might be a certain amount of travel involved and possibly overnights. I learned that I would be signing a non-disclosure agreement and could not discuss any confidential matters and that was just fine.

It was like we were in our own little world inside the former armory compound. The beautiful ivy that had overgrown the fence guaranteed us privacy and Danny explained he tried to create a private park like setting.

It was getting dark when we finally went inside. I would be starting tomorrow morning at 9:00 o'clock sharp. We went into his office and as he pulled a chair for me to sit on. I noticed that the broken candy dish was in the bookcase next to the well worn law dictionary.

Danny had glued it back together as best he could and put the silver fountain pen and pencil inside of it. His jelly beans were now in a small unbreakable plastic Tupperware container.

"Your office will be in the large room near the front door on the left," he said sitting down and removing official looking documents from the drawer.

"Take this home and read it. Tomorrow morning you will sign them in the presence of a Notary Public. The County clerk will notarize for free.

What size ring do you wear, Ms. Jones?"

"I'm really not sure," I answered, wondering why Danny would ask me that.

"Let me see your hands."

I held them out across the desk and Danny took them gently in his and was frowning. He was looking at my nails...I bite them.

"This is totally unacceptable," he said sternly, "biting your nails like a child.

The minute you sign and get your contract you will stop! You will be spending time with me in public and your appearance reflects," and changing the tone of his voice ever so slightly, "Do you understand, Ms. Jones?"

"Yes, Sir," I said looking down. He was using the same tone as he used with the louts. There would be no compromise.

"Good, very good, that concludes your orientation," Danny said, while still holding my hands, "We are officially off the clock.

"Anita, look at me," he said kindly and I looked into his blue eyes and Danny was smiling now.

"You have beautiful little hands, Anita" he said quietly while gazing into my brown eyes, "dainty and smooth petite hands with such long fingers," he was giving me goose bumps and my face felt warm, "a pretty girl like you should be showing off such beautiful hands."

I was thinking about Mom and Aunt Joyce and how they did each other's nails. People were always asking where they had them done.

"Would you do something for me, Anita? Would you please stop biting your nails?" I just nodded my head while looking back into his blue eyes. Danny kissed my hands just like in romance novels and then he squeezed them before letting go. OK, I admit it, I read them too.

I thought I was going to faint, he kissed my hands.

"I'm going to change my clothes before I bring you home. You should call your parents and let them know that you are fine and will be home shortly."

****************************************

After I dropped Anita home I stopped by Zane's Truck Stop for coffee and a dish of ice cream, the later if Sally wasn't there.

Just a hunch but I had a feeling that Sally might be there and I was right. I had a black linen sports jacket and a white long sleeve shirt in a garment bag in the trunk depending on where we ended up.

Sally was wearing form fitting blue jeans and a deep emerald green silk and cotton blouse that set off her beautiful red hair that was fixed in a nice ponytail.

She was sitting with a waitress who was on break. Seeing me Sally got up quickly but then caught herself and smiled, not wanting to appear too eager and let me walk over to her.

I walked over and introduced myself to the other waitress. If nothing else my dear Barbara taught the importance of being polite in gentle company.

I took Sally's arm and said, "Well beautiful, where would you like to go? Do you dance?"

***************************************

I was so excited that I could hardly stand it. We went to City Hall to get my papers notarized and then Mom dropped me off at work. Tomorrow was going to be another nice day.

I decided that I would walk to work in nice weather. It should only take half an hour at a brisk walk.

The last thing I expected was that Danny would invite Mom in for coffee and apple turnovers or that Dad would send me flowers.

Dad sent 2 dozen long stem white roses. Mom said that Dad offered to pick me up after work but I informed her firmly that I would rather walk.

As much as I enjoyed my Mom's visit I wanted to be alone with Danny. He looked so different now with a suit and tie, so different when he brought me home the day before.

Yesterday evening Danny was wearing black boots, black jeans and a tight black muscle shirt that looked like it was painted on...wow, talk about a bad boy look. That shirt showed off his barrel chest, lean ropey muscles and flat washboard stomach. Danny helped me in and closed the door of the Corvette before vaulting into the driver's side seat without opening the door.

"I'm sorry for showing off," Danny said smiling, "I wanted to do this since I got it. I've owned the Corvette for a week and today's the first time I drove it. I'm not sure I'm going to keep it. What good is a fast car unless you have a pretty girl sitting next to you?

******************************************

Anita's first morning at work was pretty much what I expected. Mary dropped her off and naturally I invited her in for coffee and fresh apple turnovers I bought earlier. No doubt Mary was curious to see what kind of man her daughter was working for and particularly after the incident in the restaurant.....the dirt bags.

Anita gave her Mom a short tour of the first floor and then we all took a stroll on the grounds before I served them refreshments. Mary's hair was up again and this time styled in a braided bun. Unlike that short boyish haircut, I would love see Anita wearing her hair this way on occasion.

I had to take a private telephone call and I walked outside to take it. While there I saw a small red pickup truck pull in front of the building.

A familiar looking woman in her late forties got out and walked to the bed to take something out. She was struggling to lift a large potted jade plant and I walked over to help her.

As she turned I held out my hand in introduction, "Good morning. I'm Daniel Skinner and you must be Anita's Aunt Joyce. It is obvious that beauty runs in Anita's Mom's side of the family.

Joyce was a honey blonde with the same slim and petite but well rounded figure of her sister. She was wearing a light green muslin dress and had sandals on her small feet. It occurred to me that Mary was wearing similar sandals and the same dress in pale yellow.

Joyce's hair was pulled back in a long ponytail and tied with a green silk scarf. Joyce looked me over boldly as she shook my hand. I was thinking, 'It is obvious were Anita gets her looks. Joyce is another beautiful woman. I'd love to run my hands through that thick blonde hair....'

"I'm pleased to meet you Daniel. Please call me Joyce. I've never met a bail bondsman let alone a bail bondsman who is also a lawyer. I used to come here when this was a flea market. I sell Avon. We have products for men if you are interested. Patty Shriver used to sell her natural homemade soap here on Sunday. Do you know Patty? I am partial to her spearmint or almond soap."

"No, I've never had the pleasure. But it is certainly a pleasure to meet another beautiful woman from Anita's family, Joyce. Would you like to join the other lady's for coffee?

I'll carry the jade plant. I hear they bring good luck..."

*********************************

The first thing that Danny had me do after Mom and Aunt Joyce left was to start organizing his files. That was a monumental task in itself. Nothing was in alphabetical order. His files were in cardboard boxes with covers; the kind of boxes that computer paper comes in.

The boxes were neatly stacked on the floor, at least 100 boxes and they had numbers on them; 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etcetera. Amazingly, Danny can recall where a particular file is from memory.