Jillian and Jake Get Lucky

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Dinsmore
Dinsmore
1,893 Followers

Today Jake would meet for the first time with the entire team. He knew most of them from within the company. There had been several late additions from outside the organization who had specific expertise critical to the success of the project. This was going to be a big deal which might well determine the company's fortunes. While his direct boss would still be in the picture, Jake would be dealing directly on no less than a weekly basis with the company's executive suite. For the next few months his regular duties would be covered by his boss and another peer while Jake devoted 100% attention to the task force results. If he did well he would certainly become a senior VP sooner rather than later.

He took a deep breath as he prepared to enter the conference room that would become his second home for the next few months. He knew that he had been chosen to lead this effort not only because of his superior knowledge but because he was viewed as possibly the best in the organization at team efforts that can often be plagued by competing egos and agendas. He'd learned the finer points of leadership watching his dad at a tender age as he would occasionally accompany him to work during the summers.

He'd been viewed as a natural leader through high school with an innate ability to get people to work together toward a common goal. He'd been the captain and quarterback of his high school football team and had been very involved in student government in college. His experience and training as a military officer had further refined his innate talents. This would be his greatest challenge and the stakes were substantial. While he knew he was younger than several members of the group, he also took pride in the fact that he was respected and appreciated at every level of the organization.

It was also helpful that he had learned to play poker from his mother at an early age. That, coupled with his military training enabled him to stifle any reaction when he looked around the conference table and viewed the couple of unfamiliar faces. One in particular was not unfamiliar; her name was Jillian Sanders, he knew before any introductions were made. Her face showed an instant recognition and reaction, hopefully unnoticed by the rest of the group since all eyes were on him. She quickly regained her composure. As was traditional, Jake introduced himself and asked each attendee to do the same and tell the rest of the group a little about who they were. When it came to Jillian, Jake sat in rapt attention, since he really knew nothing about her work experience or about her education.

Jillian rattled off her impressive educational credentials. She had BS in computer engineering from one of the top three or four schools in the country. An MS from the previous year's NCAA national football champions in system design, arguably the top school in the country in that field. Significant work experience leading all the way back to part time high school endeavors and employers since who were recognized by all in the room as giants in the field. Her previous job had included second seat in designing a significant business system which was, in fact, the model which had been chosen for development of his company's logistics system. She had also been the lead designer on a number of lesser known projects for Fortune 100 corporations. When she completed her brief summary of her qualifications, there wasn't a skeptic in the room in terms of her ability or credentials.

"When I'm not crunching code, I love to surf. It's, ah, virtually my only hobby or vice. While I was attracted to this company because the project in question is one I have some degree of expertise in and fascination with, in all honesty, if you were headquartered in Nebraska I probably would have passed." Jillian quipped, which provoked a hearty laugh throughout the room.

Jake briefly reviewed his own credentials after everyone else had done so. "Okay, this is an intimidating group! You're universally bright, experienced and highly educated from top schools. I may need to run down to the CEO's office and ask him if he' sure he still believes that I'm qualified to lead this task force. All I ask is that you all try to speak very slowly and in single syllables so that I don't get too confused. I'll' try to keep up. On a more serious note, I'm simply the facilitator here. Seniority or title get's left at the door. No one in the room works for anyone else in this room, including me. I generally despise hackneyed sports metaphors but I know you all recognize that this has to be the ultimate team effort. Our coach, the CEO and founder, has outlined his expectations for a game plan and we need to execute it by coming up with the performance he expects of us. I'll manage the game clock and keep the ball moving down court or down field depending on your perspective but we live and die as a unit. Obviously, if we screw up, my head will almost certainly be the first one on the chopping block. I'll be evicted from my apartment, end up a homeless drunk, aimlessly roaming the streets or sleeping in an appliance carton---and you'll all have to live with that on your conscience."

Those that knew Jake also knew that he was, intentionally, underplaying his own credentials. It was that very self deprecating style and humor that had won him universal respect within the organization. Those that did not know him quickly recognized this aspect of Jake's style and appreciated it. They took a short break to refresh their beverages of choice. Jake took the time to chat with the new faces ultimately ending up next to Jillian.

"A great surfer and a computer genius, who would have guessed?" Jake said.

"Thank you for not adding any details about my other proclivities." Jillian quipped.

"Jillian, do you see any reason why our personal relationship might negatively impact out ability to work together? Before you answer, I don't. I think we both made it clear that work is work and what occurs outside of work doesn't cross the company's welcome mat on Monday morning. You are unquestionably the most qualified person remotely available to handle the digital side of this project. I'm not sure it would succeed without you and it would be impossible to find even a mediocre replacement for you in view of your credentials."

"Jake, while we may need to reevaluate and even modify our personal relationship in view of events, I'm on board 100%. I really appreciate that you cared enough to ask."

"Great! Let me get this gaggle focused."

In reality, Jake was becoming an even more interesting man in Jillian's eyes. Her only regret was that she had chosen to show him her slut side so early in their relationship. After her short exposure to his business acumen and leadership skills, she saw Jake in a different light and found him extremely impressive. He was someone she could respect in the work place and had no doubt that he would show her---and everyone in the room---respect in return. Under different circumstances might the two of them have had a chance for a real, long term relationship? Quite possibly, she thought to herself but men weren't likely to take slutty little fuck toys home to meet mom and dad. Oh well, the sex had been great, she had already decided that she wanted to fuck him in the future, she enjoyed being his friend and was confident that working with him would be very rewarding and enjoyable.

Over the ensuing weeks the whole project might well have fallen apart had it not been for Jake's superb organizational skills. Egos and tempers flared and disagreement abounded. Miraculously, by the end of a month, they were on track and slightly ahead of schedule and the participants had universally developed respect for each other and even become good friends. The group often got together for drinks and dinner. Jake clearly set the one nonnegotiable rule---no work talk after work. Some who had grown up in corporate America dragging work into social gatherings had the most difficult time adjusting but soon came around. Jake was pretty sure that several had become very good friends away from the office and that some of that good friendship had led to sex. He had only had to counsel one couple to keep separation between on duty and off duty and they had quickly adjusted their behavior.

Jillian took Jake up on his offer to sub let his other bedroom with some trepidation. They surfed together often; they also fucked frequently. It was often delightfully nasty but increasingly included episodes that were very tender. Jillian stopped fighting the tenderness. She also began to enjoy their activities together that were reminiscent of an old married couple, whether it involved cleaning the apartment and doing laundry, shopping for groceries, cooking dinner or simply lounging together on a Sunday morning doing crossword puzzles. While she kept her things in the second bed room, she kept her body in Jake's bed every night.

They had fights and disagreements but they worked through them. Jake was a classic, "win-win" person who wouldn't let anger simmer or build to a point of doing damage. Of course, the makeup sex was sublime.

The project continued and moved even more ahead of schedule. The group's excitement was palpable as they all began to realize that they were going to produce something quite remarkable.

Jake and Jillian had unquestionably become a couple in every sense of the word. One night as Jillian began to realize that the task force was within a couple of weeks of completing their assignment, Jillian picked a fight with Jake. Much later she would come to realize that her actions were fueled by the recognition that their work together was almost over and uncertainty as to where that left them as a couple. She had thrown something at him and retreated to the other bedroom. She had awakened after midnight intent on getting something cold to drink from the kitchen. She had found Jake curled up on the floor outside her door. Her anger had vanished and all she wanted to do was hold him and be held by him. He awakened and they held each other together, still sitting on the floor.

"I'm sorry, Jake, you didn't do anything wrong. I was just being a bitch, it's just that..." She trailed off.

"We're almost done with our project and you think that means that you and I are almost done?"

"Good old Jake, as usual he cuts through the crap and gets right to the core issue."

"What would make you think that that's the way it has to be?"

"Come on, Jake, you're about the most special guy I've ever met. I don't think I've ever had a better friend. The sex, is well, great. That's the core of the problem. There's no future for the two of us. I'll always be a nasty little slut in your eyes not someone that you could ever..."

"Fall in love with?"

"Exactly."

"Are you cheating on me?"

"You know better than that."

Are you planning on it?"

No, never, you know me better than that."

"Yes I do; the question was almost rhetorical and I'm trying to make a point so hang with me."

Jake got up and went over to the DVD player, inserting a disk that he had not viewed in several months.

"Now we're going to watch porn together! Well, not exactly. I'll just speed through some of the high points. Jillian, when I met you this DVD represented the most poignant moments in my sex life. I dated and I got laid but, increasingly the abject nastiness on this, my favorite DVD, became an obsession. I used to jerk off three times a day watching this damned thing. I was sure that I'd never meet a woman like the ones in the video. And then I met you! And as far as my own sexual perversions were concerned, you exceeded my wildest expectations. And you are right. After that first night together, my thoughts ran along the line of, 'what a delightfully nasty little slut, Jillian is'. Those thoughts were also tempered with the realization that I genuinely enjoyed your company when we weren't having sex and that I would have given up the sex, albeit, regretfully, if that was what I had to do to still have you as a friend."

Jake continued. "I love watching you ride a wave; I could watch you for hours. Then you had to show up smack dab in the middle of my task force and in addition to being a fucking genius, you demonstrated day in and day out your commitment and an uncanny ability to get 100% out of everyone you work with. You moved in. Living together seemed so, well, normal, right, as it was supposed to be. So what am I trying to say? I respect you as a friend---certainly as a surfing partner. My respect for you in the work environment is, well, absolute. You are bright, funny, interesting and I miss that more than you can imagine when you're not around. So, let's cut through the crap and get down to that one word which seems to scare you silly...love. Certainly respect is a big part of people loving each other."

"How can your respect..."

"Hush, you saucy wench! You'll get your chance. Look, what's a guy, or a woman for that matter, looking for when they think about love? Somebody who views the world generally as they do, has similar interests and tastes---and when there is disagreement it's not substantive. Respect...respect for ones intellect, the way they treat others, their ethics, honesty and values..."

"But, how can a man respect a woman..."

"I'm going to take you over my knee if you keep cutting me off!" Jake quipped, and then continued. "So! Let's summarize. Are we damned good friends?" Jillian nodded. "Do we respect each other, not only work related, but, each others honesty, ethics, the way we treat others?" Jillian nodded again. "Have we, for the most part, been able to live here together in this decidedly small apartment pretty damned enjoyably for several months?" Jillian nodded. "Do we see the world through similar eyes, enjoy many if not most of the same things to the point that it's almost scary how often we seem to read each others mind?" Jillian again, nodded.

"So, dear heart, what exactly is your problem? Right this second, and this is the guy talking, I consider myself the luckiest man in the world. You're my best friend, I love being with you, I respect you---and then there's the fact that you just happen to be one delightfully nasty, adventurous, creative and exciting piece of ass. I have to believe that a lot of people have fallen in love---and gotten married---with a hell of a lot less going for them. So what am I missing? Before you answer, I fell in love with you months ago and I can't imagine another person on this planet with whom I'd rather spend the rest of my life."

As Jake had gone through his almost clinical evaluation of their relationship, her own analytical mind was on track until his last statement; it was that statement that shook her so much that she began to tremble and then broke down sobbing in Jake's arms.

"Oh, Jake, I don't deserve a man like you...you could never..."

"I know I said it was your turn, my apology. Let me inject a quick hypothetical. If we were married, would you feel the need to, what's the word, stray?"

"Of course not! I told you the first day I met you that, regardless of my strong sex drive, I don't cheat and I don't fool around; I'm decidedly a one man woman with or without a piece of paper to make it official."

"Do I satisfy you, sexually?"

"Sex with you is perfect---better than anything I've ever experienced."

"Yea, same here, so I ask again, what's the problem? Is what a husband and wife do sexually anyone else's business?"

"Oh, Jake, you're talking about things that I don't have much experience or success with...love, marriage...I'd always be afraid that you would look at me and be thinking..."

"Thinking, that you are the most wonderful, funny, kind, sweet, caring, amazing woman in the world? That you are the best friend I've ever had or ever could have? That you are astoundingly bright, accomplished and way beyond brilliant? That I respect every fiber of your being? Well all of that would be enough for me to say, 'I do'. Add to it that I can't keep my hands off you and I'm pretty sure the earth does move when we fuck? Well that's just the icing on the cake, I'd still want to spend the rest of my life with you even if you weren't a delightfully nasty little fuck toy."

"Oh, God, Jake, this is almost too much for me to deal with. I believe you...I desperately want and need to believe you....but..."

"Okay, I understand. Come to bed. We've got a huge day tomorrow. We have the initial presentation of out last few months of work."

Jillian joined Jake back where she desperately wanted to belong, in his bed...their bed. And they made love more tenderly and gently than either could recall. As she drifted off in Jake's arms she finally accepted the fact that life without Jake would be empty and horrible. Of course you're in love with him girl, she mused, now it's time for you to let him love you, let him be the first and only man to capture your heart. Let go, dammit, have faith that it can and will be real.

The initial presentation went off extremely well. Jake ensured that each key player became an integral part of the presentation to the executive suite, introducing each presenter and then letting them strut their stuff. This too had always been Jake's style, be humble and even self effacing and be damned sure that your people get the recognition they deserve. The CEO smiled a knowing smile, fully recognizing that this young man would go far and intent on ensuring that he didn't get away.

Over the ensuing weeks as the participants fed real data into the system and debugged the minor glitches all knew that it worked, even exceeding the original design requirements. They'd hit a grand slam. They soon had the beta up and running, continuing to tweak the design until the day Jake called them together and spoke.

"My sense is, enough! As much as I know we're all going to miss this daily collaboration, I believe we need to remove the beta label and throw the switch. Does anyone disagree?" No one did.

The original team fanned out across the country over the next few weeks to train and educate the corporation's other locations. It became evident to all in short order that the system exceeded everyone's expectations. Several members of the task force would soon return to their previous jobs, particularly the more senior ones. Most would receive either promotions or substantial bonuses.

Those that had been brought in from outside specifically for the project assumed that they would be blowing in the wind and began to circulate resumes. Several made it clear that they wanted to move on, not because they didn't respect the company and enjoy the people but because they viewed themselves as project innovators not as day to day managers. Several were vigorously courted by senior management based on Jake's recommendations and decided to stay. And then there was Jillian. Jake sat with the CEO and COO late one afternoon to discuss the subject.

"I've felt her out on her future goals. She's a brilliant designer and right now we don't have anything for her to design. Simply managing an existing system or even the IT function in its entirety would be a waste of her exceptional talent and intellect. At the same time, it would be tragic to lose someone with her abilities, not only as a designer but as a creative team player who makes all of those around her perform at the limits of their capabilities."

"What if we did have design projects in the mill?" The COO asked. "Look, Jake, we're getting a lot of attention over this project throughout our industry---throughout the business community. The board had suggested that we consider expanding our plate in view of our almost unique success in putting something of this caliber together internally. We'd set it up as a separate, wholly owned subsidiary, but such a move would also allow us to retain those folks that are more project than day to day oriented. Could she handle that?"

Dinsmore
Dinsmore
1,893 Followers