JJ and Ashley Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ashley poked JJ sharply. "Don't be gross."

"What? I'm not being gross. I'm happy you haven't been blowing the entire football team while you're away at school. That's all." JJ struggled to keep an innocent expression under Ashley's glare.

"Football players were never really my type." Ashley used a single fingertip to trace the lines on JJ's shoulder, ink camouflaging but not hiding the delineation of muscles. The delicate twisting lines ended in hooks that curled over JJ's shoulder.

"Oh, you don't say? Then what is your type?" JJ flicked her tongue in the v of Ashley's collarbone.

"Hmm. Basketball players."

JJ felt her heart trip in her chest. She'd been a basketball player in grade school and high school while she'd been there. She didn't know if that was what Ashley was referring to though. "So you like 'em tall then." JJ mused, resting her head on Ashley's shoulder. Her eyes were finally too heavy to keep open. They'd been losing the fight to close for too long.

"Not really. I like the short basketball players. They have more heart and spirit for the game." Ashley could feel JJ's body relaxing. "Mind being the little spoon?"

"Nope." JJ laid back, her eyes still closed when her head found the pillow. She rolled and wiggled back into Ashley when the young blonde curled herself in close. JJ sighed heavily and was asleep within minutes.

It took Ashley a little while longer to settle down, but she soon followed JJ.

***

Ashley was instantly awake, a quiet voice speaking catching her attention.

"I'm sorry things are so crazy right now bud... anytime you need to talk...haha, yeah...okay...keep up those grades and take care of your mom...love you. Bye."

Ashley had already figured out that she was in JJ's hotel room, and in her bed, when JJ hung up the phone. She lay still, watching JJ sit at the foot of the bed, her head bowed. Ashley rolled to her back, letting the sheet slip down. "Hey. You okay?"

JJ tensed, the muscles in her back flexing as she turned around. "Yeah, I'm fine. Morning sleepyhead." Her smile was genuine but didn't quite reach her eyes.

It didn't feel right to pry so Ashley let her curiosity go for the moment, smiling shyly at JJ. "Morning."

"I'm sorry if i woke you. I was hoping I could snuggle back in." JJ turned fully and crawled back up the bed, still naked but for those damn briefs.

"Snuggle please!" Ashley lifted the covers for JJ who crawled inside and pressed close. "Omg you're freezing!" Ashley gasped, trying to get away but trapped under the blankets.

"I know. Help me warm back up." JJ wrapped and arm and leg around Ashley, hugging their bodies close.

"You're mean." Ashley groused, out of escape routes.

"Would breakfast make up for it?" JJ's mouth was right next to Ashley's ear and her warm breath tickled.

"Breakfast would. What time is it?" Ashley asked, unable to look at the clock on the far bedside.

"Ungodly early." JJ sighed, half hoping they could play some more.

"Then hows about we shower and beat the morning rush? I'm sure there are plenty of naughty things you could teach me to do in the shower."

That ended up being a perfect way to brighten JJ's mood. By the time they stepped back out of the bathroom Ashley had learned the ins and outs of eating JJ's delectable pussy. She'd been quick to learn and rather successful, bringing the older girl to three orgasms. JJ had returned the favor and Ashley wasn't sure she'd be able to walk given how her legs were trembling.

"You can borrow some clothes if you don't want to do a walk of shame to breakfast." JJ offered, eyeing the tiny skirt that had landed on the circular table.

"That would be nice, actually. Thank you." Ashley kissed JJ's cheek and waited while she pulled out some selections.

Ashley decided to wear a pair of blue mesh athletic shorts and a soft grey tee that smelled like JJ. She skipped underwear, enjoying teasing JJ with that bit of information.

JJ didn't seem phased, running down to Ashley's car to retrieve her extra pair of running shoes and light jacket.

When they were both presentable Ashley drove them to Al's Diner, chatting the whole way there about the group call with the girls.

The waitress recognized JJ and gave both girls a friendly smile, making chipper small talk as she seated them and got their coffee. Al came out from the kitchens to take their orders, going so far as to ruffle JJ's hair with one huge hand before disappearing again.

Ashley waited until JJ had sipped at her coffee before beginning her questions. "So, who was on the phone this morning? You seemed pretty bummed when you hung up."

From the way JJ's entire body slumped Ashley knew this was a tough topic. "It was my ex-girlfriend's son, Owen. She called me yesterday, rather out of the blue. It didn't really end well and he called me to see if I knew how he could help."

Well, that wasn't what Ashley was expecting. JJ's ex called her? Was this something that happened often? And there was a child involved. What was going on here?

Ashley was debating whether to let the subject drop or keep asking questions when JJ sighed and began explaining.

"Veronica and I dated while I worked with David Billington. She's got a long term contract with him, and has worked with him for years. They basically made each other famous. Anyways, we dated for a couple years before going our separate ways. At the time it was very much mutual and we were able to stay friends, as such. She wasn't thrilled about me coming back here, but she was still supportive. I'd been emailing her little updates and when I stopped, she got worried and called. It was all going just fine until she asked when I was coming back to San Francisco. I told her I didn't know what I was doing anymore and she pretty much flew off the handle. I snapped back and she sounded like she was crying when she hung up." JJ hadn't looked up from her coffee the entire time she spoke and she still kept her head down.

"So everything's a mess now, but maybe not for any real reason?" Ashley surmised, trying to guess at what JJ was glossing over.

"Pretty much. Ronnie had been picking Owen up when she hung up, and he ended up seeing the water works. He's only seven or eight and pretty sensitive when it comes to his mother's well-being." JJ set her coffee cup aside and dropped her head into her hands. "It's a fucking mess and I don't want to get mixed up in it, but I already kind of am."

Ashley was glad for the momentary distraction of their food arriving. It gave her a minute to think. "Well, have you decided what you're doing with the house yet? You were planning on selling, right?"

"I had been. I'm starting to second guess that decision." JJ busied herself sprinkling salt and pepper on her eggs and hash browns, missing Ashley's look.

"You're thinking about staying?" Ashley kept her voice even. She wanted JJ to stay. Wanted to have her all for her own. She knew if JJ stayed because of her and not by her own choice, everything they had would fester and die.

"Yeah. I expected this town to be the same as when I left. Things have changed but it might also just be that I'm no longer a child who feels like she's being held prisoner. I want to keep the house. Turn it into a happy home like my parents planned to." JJ finally looked up, a light blush barely visible.

"I think that's a great idea." Ashley gave JJ a smile sensing that JJ was worried about how her plan would come across.

JJ didn't look reassured. She frowned and went back to her food, picking at it before eating in a mechanical manner.

"What else is bothering you? And don't tell me you're fine. I know you too well to fall for that." Ashley set her fork down and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Not now, Ashie." JJ shoved another bite of eggy hash brown into her mouth. She didn't want to bring up what she'd told Veronica. How could she be sure Ashley felt the same way? Had she held onto their childhood love and allowed it to grow as she had? It was an uncomfortable feeling, being in love with someone and unable to say it for fear of rejection. While rejection was nothing new to JJ, no one had ever meant as much to her as Ashley. JJ wasn't sure she could stand it if Ashley didn't want her.

"Then you tell me when. Relationships can't work if there's no communication." Ashley pulled out her phone to check the time. She and Brenda were carpooling back to campus that afternoon and she couldn't be late.

"You want a relationship?" JJ asked, swallowing too soon so she could speak. Her question got her an incredulous look.

"I wouldn't have gotten in bed with you if I didn't. I thought that much was obvious." Ashley raised her eyebrows in a worried look.

"Oh. I guess that was obvious." JJ reconsidered. She shook her head to clear the funk that Veronica's call had caused. "I'm sorry. I think that phone call got to me. She...she wasn't her usual, sweet self."

Ashley reached across the table to squeeze JJ's hand. "It's okay. Happens to us all."

JJ turned her hand to link their fingers. "A relationship. That's what you want. Correct?" she clarified. Maybe there wasn't anything to fear.

Ashley nodded, with enough eye contact to tell JJ she was unsure about how this was going over. JJ couldn't keep a small grin from growing. "That's good then. I want the same thing. I know we talked about this a little bit Friday, giving in to our connection. I wasn't going to assume you meant a real relationship, something exclusive. That never ended well before." JJ added defensively when Ashley narrowed her eyes.

"So long as you remember I'm not one of the girls from your past, we'll be good. I don't do one night stands, I don't do walks of shame. We talk about it if something is bothering you. I'll probably keep one of your sweatshirts to take back to school. And I can't wait to see where our connection, this intense chemistry takes us." Ashley kept a stern expression until JJ blinked and nodded. She scooted from her booth to JJ's, pushing the older girl into the corner to kiss her soundly.

It didn't take long for JJ's fingers to sink into Ashley's wild curls, cradling her head. When she swiped her tongue across Ashley's bottom lip Ashley opened her mouth right away, her tongue greeting JJ's eagerly. It was a simple kiss, but it still made both of them forgetting they were in a public place until someone cleared their throat.

JJ looked up over Ashley's head at the waitress, smiling broadly. "Yes?"

"I was going to ask if I could get you ladies anything else, but it looks like you're doing just fine. I'll leave you to it." The waitress's cheeks were a touch rosy when she winked at them before moving on.

Ashley giggled into JJ's shoulder and dropped a kiss on her cheek before moving back to her booth. "I've never done that before."

"Kissed in a restaurant? Or gotten caught?" JJ asked, licking her lips to catch another taste of Ashley.

"Both actually. You might be a bad influence on me." Ashley's grin made it clear she didn't find this to be a bad thing.

JJ chuckled and picked up her knife to spread the mostly melted butter on her toast. "I'll do my best to corrupt you slowly, so you don't realize it. Now, I remember you talking last night about your little skype call thing. How did that go?"

Ashley filled JJ in, pulling her phone out to show her the calendar dates for their adventures. "The girls all want you to come too. We're camping first, then doing stuff around town. You down for that?"

"If it's going to be anything like summer vacations when we were kids, then hell yes." JJ used her toast to push the last of her eggs and hash browns onto her fork and into her mouth.

"Count on that, but with booze and a few raunchy stories thrown in, courtesy of Chloe." Ashley warned.

"Even better. Who doesn't like a good nasty story along with their liquor?" JJ asked, playfully sarcastic.

"Sarah. She blushes and covers her ears when Chloe starts up. We try to get her to wait until Sarah has passed out for the night. It doesn't always work out well." Ashley pushed her empty plate away and sipped at the last of her coffee.

"I can imagine. Let them know I plan on being there." JJ set her plate on top of Ashley's and downed the dregs in her cup.