Jogging Memories Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Not many people do the pools any more," Helen mused, "I just do the Lotto on Saturdays."

"Yeah, me Mum goes to Bingo on a Saturday," said Tommy, "Or she used to when I lived at home."

"The 15th was a Tuesday, dear," Sharon offered, "I had a hair appointment that afternoon at Tracey's. I always go on a Tuesday, because my stylist doesn't work Mondays and it definitely wasn't the 13th."

Rachel agreed, "Yes, the 15th was definitely Tuesday."

"Maybe it was Thursday the 17th, then, not sure really," the patient said slowly, "Everything's a bit on the hazy side and I seem to have lost a whole fortnight somewhere along the line."

"Well, then let's start with the easy stuff, Tommy: your full name, address, next of kin, date of birth, that sort of thing, shall we?" asked Rachel, notepad at the ready.

"My name is Thomas Adam Barlow. My birth date is 25 April 1958 and I was born in Nottingham. My mum and dad are Ann and Alan Barlow, who live at Flat 3, Number 63 Arnold Mansions, Nottingham. My wife is Sally Lydia Chapman, that was, an' we live at 23a Mill Lane, Nottingham. We were married on 25th November and in three weeks' time it'll be our first anniversary."

"Sorry?" Rachel interjected, "Don't you mean 30th anniversary?"

"No," he chuckled, "We're newlyweds, Rachel. Has anyone tried to get hold of Sally for me? I'm sure she'll be pretty cross with me. She's a lovely lass most of the time but you don't wanna be in the way when she's in the middle of losing it. In fact she's been a bit short with me the last couple of days that I was home. Now she'll be spitting feathers, if there was no milk left indoors for her tea. That's why I went out in the first place."

"I put a call through to the Nottingham station late last night, when I checked my messages and heard you were awake and who you were. They have all your details and should get back to me later today."

"That's good, thanks Rach. I really miss Sally, she'll be all alone without me in the flat. She doesn't have much in the way of family. She don't get on with her dad, and hardly sees him since he remarried years ago, and her and her evil step-mum don't see eye to eye either. Sally's mum also remarried and moved down South and only keeps in contact by post. And I'd really like to see my Mum and Dad again, too!"

"If you are newlyweds," asked Sharon, hesitatingly, looking at Rachel nervously, who nodded with a smile, "When exactly did you get married?"

"On 25th November last year," Tommy grinned, "I'd be in real trouble if I ever forget that and miss an anniversary!"

"And when do you believe you went missing, Tommy?" took up Rachel, gently, leaning forward in her chair.

"I can't remember anything definite past 15th October, or maybe it was the 17th, you've got me all confused now. I was going down to the shops and, because of the pools coupon, I think it was definitely a Thursday."

"What year?" Rachel pressed.

"What year? This year, of course," he laughed, "You know, 1981."

"Which means the last day you remember, before you woke up, is Tuesday, no, sorry, Thursday 15th October 1981. Is that correct, Tommy?"

"That's right, spot on Rach."

"So you are what age, let me see...?" she started flicking through her notes.

"Twenty-three," Tommy chimed in, "I'll be celebrating my twenty-fourth next April, provided the quacks ever let me out of here!"

12