Jogging Memories Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Let's keep our fingers crossed that your Mum and Dad stay together, then."

"I can't see it. You and I wouldn't in the same situation."

"No way would I put up with what your father must've gone through a couple of Christmases ago."

"No, he would have to be a saint, to do that, Suze."

"Perhaps we better pray for a miracle, Tom."

<<<>>>

Tommy was exhausted by the time the ward's medications were administered, followed by their lunches being served up. Ben chivvied Tommy's visitors out of the ward, saying they should go have lunch elsewhere and come back with everyone refreshed at three in the afternoon. Tommy desperately needed some rest with the lights down low. Ann pleaded with her companions that she be allowed to come back after lunch. Mike was able to pull rank and get his office to cover for him so he could stay in Chesterfield for the rest of the day.

Tommy was too excited to eat much of his lunch, picking at his meal while he read through Brett's letters to his grandparents, which dated back to when Tommy's recently discovered son was only five or six years old. References that the youngster made to his far away grandmother about Tommy's father brought tears to his eyes, but he was continually brought back from the brink by Brett's clear passion for his new country, the open air, the sea and sailing, from dinghies in the early years through to the tall ships he tackled in his teenage years. Tommy switched from reading the letters to checking out the photos and back again. All through the photographic record were images of his striking ex-wife Sally, still beautiful as a grandmother and, apparently, now recently happily remarried following a disastrous second marriage, which started so promisingly and ended acrimoniously.

Visiting time for the afternoon session was approaching fast and Tommy was looking forward to his Mum returning, when there was a tentative knocking at his open door.

"Come in," he said.

A short, slightly overweight blond woman, wearing a little too much make-up for so early on a Monday afternoon, poked her head around the door.

"Mr Barlow?"

"Yes?"

"Hi, I'm Hannah's Mum, Alicia Knight, I've so wanted to meet you and thank you for saving my daughter's life."