John and Jill Ch. 05

Story Info
Renewals and Disaster.
9.1k words
4.39
38.1k
22
11

Part 5 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 10/10/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
jdcentury
jdcentury
430 Followers

I apologize for the slow writing of this chapter but I had the chance to follow my lovely wife to Hawaii for vacation. Therefore my writing had to wait. Further chapters will appear sooner. Thanks for all the editing advice I received and the constructive comments. Enjoy, JDC.

Renewals and Disaster

A new chapter and a renewed relationship with Mel began. John and Mel dated exclusively and spent a lot of time dining, attending movies and dancing. After an evening of activity, they would usually retire to either one of their homes and fuck like bunnies.

John began relearning the strong feelings absent for almost 16 years he had been separated from Mel. He loved her looks, her passion and she was still fantastic in bed. He realized, even being married to Jillian, he had never had a better piece of ass than Mel. She was up for anything that he wanted to do and even came up with a few strange things of her own. Unfortunately, John still felt uneasy about their relationship. He just chalked it up to the fact that he had been married to Jillian for so long that he still harbored some guilt from being with another woman. One night during some post colloidal bliss as they were lying in his bed, they began to talk.

"John, there's another thing I need to tell you about myself. While was in prison I actually killed a woman."

"Jesus Mel, have you killed anyone else that I didn't know about? Okay, I'm over the initial shock. Tell me how this happened."

"It's a different life in prison John. You fight every day for what yours; especially your dignity. There was this bull dyke by the name of Big Sal. She and her gang had raped me several times. Just as with my husband, they had put me in the infirmary several times. I finally had had enough. One time she came in the shower alone when I was bathing and tried to have sex with me. I just exploded and knocked her to the floor and kept being her head into the tile until she was dead. You wouldn't believe it John, there was blood everywhere. There was no one else in there at the time but the two of us, so I just showered off and left. Although I was questioned, there was no evidence that I had done anything and I got away with it. Do I have guilt? Absolutely not. She was a waste of good air and as far as I was concerned, it was for self-preservation. Everyone in the prison population knew it was me, but nobody could prove anything. Nobody fucked with me from that time on. I just thought you needed to know that."

"My God Mel, I could've gone all night without you telling me about that."

"Do you think less of me now, John?"

"Being in your situation Mel, I could see where you have to do those kinds of things for your self-preservation. You didn't really surprise me that much though. I always knew you could take up for yourself when you needed to."

"I just want you to know, John, that I'll fight for what's mine. Don't ever doubt that, ever."

This gave John an uneasy feeling and he wasn't quite sure what he thought about those things. Prison life and life's hard knocks had changed Mel into a different person; stronger yet unpredictable.

During the next few months John rarely saw Jill accept around holidays when she would bring JJ to George's for their Thanksgiving and Christmas meals. She was cordial to John, but always looked at him with a sense of longing. There were no clashes between Mel and Jillian during these occasions but they looked at each other with territorial looks.

George had met Pamela Tamchek during her late teenage years when John dated her, but realized she had definitely blossomed into a fantastically sexy lady.

"My God John, she is one gorgeous female. It looks like you hit the motherlode. You better hang on to that one. At least she's more down to earth then your ex-wife," George said when they had chance to talk in private at Thanksgiving.

"I don't know Dad, I've always loved Mel, but never fully thought it was ever for keeps. There's just something that doesn't feel right about her."

Jillian was extremely melancholy until she worked herself under the mistletoe when John happened to walk by.

JJ saw his mother and dad's positions and commented loudly, "Kiss her Dad, she's under the mistletoe." When John bent down for the obligatory smooch, Jillian laid a lip lock on him that curled his toes. He knew she was breathing hard when she finished the kiss and she was totally flushed.

Mel stood there steaming during the kiss and tried to control herself. John looked at her with a sheepish grin and put his arms out to the side in the 'what was I supposed to do pose?' while Mel stared daggers at him and Jillian both. It pissed Mel off even more when Jillian looked at her and smirked.

Although Jill liked John's family, she was really only there to see John and JJ in a relaxed atmosphere. She missed her ex-husband with every fiber of her being. All she had room for her heart was a sense of regret and a slight longing for revenge. It was okay if she wanted to break it off between them, but not for him to do it.

+ + + + + + + + + + + + +

John worked a lot through the holidays, sometimes 18 hours a day. Employees having a lot of time off during the holidays gave the engineering staff perfect opportunity's for major equipment overhaul and replacement. They put in new machines and repaired or overhauled the old ones. Although John was on salary, Mr. Simmons was never remiss in awarding bonuses to John for his hard work and due diligence.

After the hectic holidays were over, things got back to normal. John and Mel continued to date, while Jillian continued to try to build her fledgling side business.

Mac tried several times to contact Jillian, who refused any contact with her former friend. Mac never tried to contact John because he was the one person in life she was afraid of. Mac knew she had poached on John's territory and that was something you just didn't do. She had definitely burnt several bridges. Several friends that were shared by Mac, John, and Jill would have absolutely nothing to do with Mac. This was because although they didn't know the details, they knew that Mac had a hand in breaking up John and Jill's marriage. It was a small town, what can you say?

John and Mel were spending quality time together from the holidays until the middle of March the next year. They were spending a good portion of this time in bedroom Olympics, never missing a chance to get it on. Their sex life was fantastic. After the last six months of John's marriage to Jill, Mel's libido was a welcome change of pace for John. He'd always been a sexual animal and enjoyed the frequency of sexual interludes. At least with Mel, the passion never died. Things were going well, but John was always waiting for the other shoe to drop.

+ + + + + + + + + + + + +

On March 17, John was awakened by a phone call from Amanda Blonder about some papers John needed to sign for JJ's college trust. John just asked her if she could meet him for lunch at the Fullmer Coffee Cup, a little café downtown, at noon the next day. She told him this would be fine. He liked Amanda and was actually a little glad to see her.

He arrived about 11:15 AM and sat in a booth. He knew that Mel often had lunch at this restaurant because it was just a block from the factory and had a good menu. He figured he could kill two birds with one stone, by signing the paperwork for Amanda and finishing lunch with Mel.

Amanda arrived right at noon and slid in to the booth across from John. She opened the file and handed papers to John with little sticky tabs where he was to sign and handed him the pen. John signed all the papers and began speaking with Amanda.

"Tell me Amanda, how many trees did we kill for all this paperwork?"

Amanda looked at John with a radiant smile and said, "I'd say at least ten John. We'll have to apologize to the tree hugger's out there."

"Fuck the tree hugger's, Amanda; oh, excuse my French. I work with wood and some of it is so exotic and protected because of environmental laws that you can't get any of it."

"Don't worry about the language, John; I'm not some innocent little girl. I deal with some of the dregs of the earth."

She reached over and put her hand over John's and he felt a little spark passed between them. Mel chose this particular time to walk in the door and witnessed the sign of affection. She walked over to the booth Amanda and John were sharing and said coldly, "Well, Isn't this just fucking cozy. Taking time for a little nooner John?"

Amanda just looked at Mel in obvious amazement and said, "Well, Ms. Tamchek how are you this afternoon? John, I did some legal work for Ms. Tamchek two years ago? How are you doing Pamela?"

"I don't need you here trying to screw with my man and nobody gave you permission a call me Pamela. I hate that fucking name."

"My apologies for calling you by your first name, Ms. Tamchek, and John are just here to sign some legal papers. I'd really appreciate if you watch your language and leave us to our business."

John could tell Mel was about to blow and he stood up excused himself to Amanda and grabbed Mel by the arm, dragging her outside. When they reached the outside sidewalk John looked coldly in Mel's eyes and spoke sternly.

"I can't believe you walked in there and embarrassed me like that in front of a friend. Amanda is a friend and only a friend and helped me during my divorce. You never have learned to control that jealousy and temper of yours did you? I'll admit I find Ms. Blonder very attractive, but I have never made a play on her or done anything to warrant your actions just now."

Mel looked at him with a steel hard look in her eyes and said, "Yeah, I'll just bet you she helped you with your divorce. How did she do that, by spreading her legs for you?"

"Mel this is one thing were going to straighten out right here and now. Yes I have friends that are female; it doesn't mean I'm fucking them. You better learn to control yourself or were done right here. I'm not putting up with another incident like happened in high school. You either trust me or you don't."

"I'm not going to put up with that little bottle blonde in there going after my man. You're mine and nobody else's; you got that?"

"Mel you better know right now that I am nobody's but mine and I won't put up with a lack of trust, from you or anyone else. Lack of communication and trust is what broke up my marriage; and I won't have it from you."

"Well you better get used to it buster because I fight for what's mine. I told you that before."

"I will not get used to it, so you better get used to being without me because we're done, lady, as of right now."

John went back inside as Mel broke out into fits of crying. She could do nothing but think to herself, "Damn, damn, damn I did it again. I can't believe I did it again."

John went back inside to finish his lunch with Amanda. Amanda looked at him seriously and began to speak.

"John, I need your promise that you will not repeat anything I'm about to tell you. It could possibly get me disbarred if I went before an ethics board. I did some legal work for Ms. Tamchek when she first came back to the area. Although it was not disclosed to me in a privileged conversation, I did some research. You have to promise me that this is just between us."

John looked deeply into Amanda's eyes and said, "Amanda you have my word on it; although you're probably not going to surprise me."

"John I'm sure you know about her husband and that she was imprisoned for manslaughter. But what you probably don't know is that she killed another woman inside; they just couldn't prove it."

"Amanda, Mel told me all about her prison sentence and that she killed that woman; but it was in self-defense."

"But what you didn't know John was that that incident happened in her second year there and she ran and extortion ring and had her own gang after that. In fact, it almost cost her her pardon."

John was completely flabbergasted. Now he finally realized why he had the feeling he had. He always knew that Mel was an "alpha" type of female that wouldn't be the one to take much shit from anybody. He could also see her terrorizing other people. It wasn't hard for him to believe, but he still didn't want to believe that about somebody he held in such affection.

"Amanda, you had better watch your back because this lady is not somebody that takes rejection well."

"John, I'm quite able to take care of myself, I have dealt with the scum of the earth."

As she was saying this she reached over and patted the back of John's meaty hand. Her soft touch radiated through John and into his soul. He felt a major attraction to Amanda and truth be known he really liked her. She truly helped him through some of his legal issues and his divorce. He just chalked it up to somebody having a crash on their attorney.

They finished their meal together and went their separate ways. When John left, Mel was waiting by his truck. Her eyes were red and her cheeks were puffy and you could tell she'd been crying.

"John please give me a second chance; I can't lose you again," he pleaded as the tears began to flow again.

"Mel that was your second chance. You're a provocative, sexy, beautiful woman. But you need to get some counseling for your anger and jealousy issues. You could've injured that girl in high school pretty badly and now you're freaking out when I have a professional lunch with an attorney. What the hell is your issue? I have never given you any reason for your miss trust in me. And I can't be in a relationship like this. I'm sorry Mel. I'll be your friend, but nothing more."

"No John, please don't do this, I can't lose you again."

John noticed an almost instantaneous change in her demeanor from pleading to anger as she said, "You're mine, you bastard and don't you ever forget it. That blonde little hussy is never going to have you; nobody is ever going to have you. You're mine and this time you're going to stay mine."

"Mel you need to get some serious help. I told you before I am nobody's but my own. I control who I see and who I don't see and who I have a relationship with. If it wasn't over before, your behavior right this moment has ended it. Period. End of discussion."

John got in his truck while hearing some of the worst cussing he had ever heard; even when he was inside the factory. As he Was Driving Way, John could see her kicking and stomping while she threw the biggest temper tantrum he had seen since JJ was a young boy.

+ + + + + + + + + + + + +

John ignored several calls and texts from Mel over the next two to three months. He thought it was better to just cut his losses and move along with his life. He threw himself into his woodworking and did several carvings and built several pieces of furniture for people around the area. John had made quite a name for himself throughout the region as a master woodworker and carver.

During this time, Chip had transferred into engineering maintenance under John and was really learning the ropes. John really enjoyed working with his best friend, who had completely filled the hole left by the less than gracious exit of Mac. Chip told John that his breakup with Mel was for the better because there was always something about her that Chip didn't trust.

John wouldn't have lacked for female companionship except by his own choice. Plenty of women that he worked with were constantly coming on to him as well as those out of the factory. He spent most of his free time, which was a little due to his woodworking, with his son and his own father and visiting with his friends. John was known to have some rough edges, but was well thought of in the community. He was known as a master craftsman and someone to get the job done at work.

John's relationship with JJ grew much stronger after the divorce from Jill. JJ loved helping his father in his great-grandfather's old workshop. JJ actually loved maintaining the old tools, sharpening and adjusting the old precision equipment. The mechanics of it fascinated him. JJ was studying a lot of advanced mathematics and theory in school and was taking as many science classes as he could. John never tried to persuade his son into any field of study, but supported his son in anything he wanted to do. Although JJ was quite adept at sports, he didn't really want to play any particular ones.

This fact didn't really bother John, and was never brought up in conversation. JJ was popular with the girls in the high school and John had the same talk with him that his father had had with him when he was young. John basically told JJ to follow his heart and good sense and not his dick.

JJ took his advice to heart; obviously cognizant of what his parents' relationship went through. JJ knew better than to bring up his mother's comings and goings with his father. Jillian constantly grilled JJ about his father when he would return home from his evening visits on John's days off. Finally one evening JJ had had enough.

"Mom, Dad's moved on, you need to do the same. I'm not going to tell you anything more about Dad; he has a right to privacy."

"You mean your dad doesn't ask you about me? I find that hard to believe."

"Mom, you may find it hard to believe, but Dad doesn't want to know anything about you or about your life. He has moved on. In fact, I'm a bit worried about him. He needs to get out and find a good woman."

Jillian was aghast, almost as if she'd been slapped. She couldn't believe her son had just said that to her.

"What in the world did you mean by that, JJ?"

JJ tried to save himself by saying, "I mean if doesn't have you, he needs to find him somebody with whom he can be in a relationship. All he does is go to work and then work in his woodshop. I know artists brood, but that's ridiculous. I've told him several times he needs to go out and date, but he won't listen to me or Grandpa George."

"JJ, do you think there is a chance that he and I might get back together?"

JJ knew he was taking a big chance, but thought he should speak frankly with his mother saying, "Mom I think you're holding on to false hope. That ship has sailed. Dad no longer trusts you and he needs someone he can trust."

Jill looked like she'd been slapped again and said, "JJ, what would make you say a thing like that?"

"Mom you asked my opinion and I gave it to you. I don't mean to hurt you, but sometimes the truth hurts. I'd rather put it out there then feed a delusion."

Jill got a disgusted look on her face and was not appreciative of her son's candor. JJ went on about his business like he had absolutely done nothing wrong. In his mind, he hadn't

+ + + + + + + + + + + + +

John just went about his life as usual, visiting with his friends and family and doing his woodworking as well as his job at the plant.

One evening, John was schooling Chip on the intricacies of maintaining "Big Mo," the industrial press that George Trainor ran during the day time. Although there was routine maintenance to do on the gargantuan machine, there was also a bushing that had gone bad on one of the control rods on the machine. John was going to replace this because his father had made a mention that the rod was kind of loose and he heard it rattle. When John checked it out he realized that the bushing was bad and need to be replaced before there was further damage done to the gigantic machine.

To replace the control rod bushing you needed to get underneath the machine. John locked and tagged out the machine and shut down all power sources to the behemoth. Chip retrieved a 20 ton bottle jack and some cribbing to brace the machine from the tool locker and began to climb under the machine. This was where he made his first mistake. As he climbed under he didn't crib to keep the huge machine in its normal position from the floor. His second mistake was using a brace rod on the legs on one side the machine to do his lifting. This brace rod was only meant to be used to strengthen over the width of the legs. Chip just saw all that it'd been used before which had also been a mistake for other people. The brace rod was never designed to hold that kind of weight, only for strengthening the legs. Chip began pumping the hydraulic jack to raise the machine enough to allow him and John under it.

jdcentury
jdcentury
430 Followers