Joined by the Night

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He took her hand, staring at the marks on her wrist. "I've never seen a dream do anything like this, and if the nightgown was real, someone must have been in your room last night. Did you call the police, or campus security?"

"And tell them what? I had a date with you, was wiped out when we got back and went to bed. The next thing I know, I'm waking up, still in my bed but the pajamas I wore last night were gone, I can't find them anywhere and I'm naked."

"They could take blood tests, find out if you've been drugged. If you were moaning, maybe you were having some kind of bad reaction to a drug. There are security cameras, they could see if you left your room last night. You need to call them, Bria. If you want, I can skip this lab and go with you." He pulled her close, hugging her gently as she rested her head against his shoulder.

The next thing he knew, he was flying through the air, landing about four feet away in the grass next to the sidewalk. Brianna stared down at him as he looked up at her in shock. "You could have just said no, Bria," he said, feeling a little hint of anger as he got up and brushed the grass off his jeans.

"I didn't do that, Matt. Honest." Her eyes were wide with shock.

"Well, I didn't send myself flying." He glared at her for a second. "I have to get to lab," he said finally, turning and walking away from her.

She watched him leave, feeling frozen to the spot. She couldn't figure out what was happening to her. One minute she'd been feeling comforted in his arms, grateful for his help, about to accept his offer, and the next, she was standing, feeling him torn from around her, watching him hit the ground. She hadn't pushed him, had she?

He turned once before he was out of sight, hesitating for an instant, then she saw him shake his head and turn back towards his class. Brianna knew she was on her own.

She walked into the security office twenty minutes later, her arms wrapped protectively around herself. Eastern Michigan University had a decent size security system, set up primarily during the late 1960's, early 1970's when a serial killer by the name of John Norman Collins had been making the rounds of the Universities here and in Ann Arbor. Co-eds had been disappearing off campuses and reappearing dead in deserted fields all over Washtenaw County.

It had been upgraded throughout the years, new technologies installed and learned until it was a force of its own. Walking into the office almost felt like walking into a police station. It made Brianna nervous.

"Can I help you?" a stern faced older man sitting at a front desk asked Brianna nicely, as if noting her hesitation.

"I'm not sure. I'm not sure if..." she hugged herself a little tighter and tried to smile. "I don't know if a crime occurred or not. I just..."

He held up a finger, dialing the phone in front of him and speaking into it. Then he got up and held the small gate that divided the waiting area from the actual offices. "Go on back to the second door on the right, Miss. One of our investigators will be there to help you."

She slid through the door being careful not to touch him and hurried down the hallway he'd indicated, peering nervously into the second doorway. It was a small office, an older lady sitting at a desk. She looked up from the file she was looking at when she heard Brianna and stood, gesturing towards the chair across from her desk.

"Come on in. My name is Sharon Blass."

Brie stepped over the threshold of the door and then stopped dead in her tracks. An excruciating pain, starting in her groin and emanating outward in waves of blinding, heated agony engulfed her. She gasped, bending over at the sudden pain. Sweat broke out on her forehead, prickly heat engulfed her face. She became nauseous and inhaled deeply.

"Are you okay?" Sharon stood up from behind her desk, starting around it to reach the girl that stood so unsteadily, her face turning white, her hands clenched around her middle.

"No," Bria moaned. "Don't touch me." She backed away, hurrying out of the room. She turned and ran towards the swinging door next to the receptionist desk, bursting through it with enough force to have it slam into the wall, leaving a dent in the already stained paint. She hurried out the front door, almost running by the time she reached the sidewalk outside.

By the time she was two hundred yards from the front door of the security office, she felt fine, as if the pain had never been there. There wasn't even a twinge leftover. Sinking down on the first bench she passed, Bria buried her face in her hands and wept.

Strong hands came down upon her shoulders, squeezing gently, comfortingly, before releasing. Someone sank down on the bench next to her and a handkerchief was put into her hands.

"Come on," a gentle male voice said. "It can't be that bad."

Bria lifted drenched brown eyes to the face of the stranger next to her. For one moment, she was startled by the almost unreal beauty of his face. Longish black hair trailed to his shoulders, eyes that were a startling blue, the color of corn flowers and morning glories were framed with thick black eyelashes. His features looked as if carved by angels determined to create perfection in the male form, including perfectly cut dimples that capped a mouth made to smile.

Her eyes traveled over his face as if mesmerized, coming to a stop at the white clerical collar that surrounded his neck.

"I'm Father Joseph Christophe," he said, smiling at her reaction. "And I'm a fantastic listener if you'd like to talk." He held out his hand for her to shake.

Bria reached out slowly, taking his strong hand in her own shaking one. He held it for a moment, his eyes traveling to the marks around her wrist that her movements had uncovered. "I..." she said, trying to untangle her hand from his.

He held on, his thumb brushing gently over the raw marks. He turned her hand over, seeing the deep bruise under the ball of her thumb. "Is the other one the same?"

"Yes, but..."

His eyes closed and his lips moved quietly for a few seconds, then he abruptly let her hand loose. He looked into her eyes, cocking his head to the side. "Are you okay? I saw you rush out of the security office. Did you report whoever did this to you?"

"I don't know who did this to me," she muttered angrily. "I woke up with these." She wiped at her eyes with the clean white handkerchief, swiping away tears of pain and illness. "I don't know what is going on."

"You don't remember who hurt you?" Father Joseph asked, incredulous. "My child, those are pretty black bruises, it had to have hurt."

"That's just it." She looked up at him with panic filled eyes. "I went to bed in my own room last night and woke up with these. My roommate told me I was moaning and crying out in my sleep. Could I have done these to myself?"

Father Joseph, his blue eyes shining with worry, took both of her hands in his. He rubbed his thumbs across the back of her hands, searching her eyes. His narrowed as if he'd found something but wasn't sure what. "What's your name?" he asked suddenly.

"B...Brianna Temple, Father. Please, do you know what's happening to me?"

"I know that name," he said quietly, still holding her hands. "Why do I know that name?" he asked almost as if speaking to himself.

"Father?"

Bria looked up, seeing the concerned face of Sharon Blass above her.

"Sharon, just the lady we need to see. Bria, this is Detective Sharon Blass of the campus police. She deals with these kinds of crimes. I think you should tell her your story." He felt the girl begin to shake, her hands pulling against his, as if trying to flee.

"N...no, I'm f...fine. P...please, father, let me go." She struggled, growing more panicked with each second as she felt her skin start to burn, the priest's hands causing the pain to grow even worse. "Please!" she half screamed, half moaned, finally yanking her hands away, getting up and running from the bench.

Father Joseph sat where he was, watching her, his blue eyes growing dark. There was a blackness about the girl, an unnatural darkness that caused a shiver of fear in his heart. "Sharon, do you know who she is?"

"No Father. She came into my office about ten minutes ago and then flew out just like she did here. There's something off about this," she said quietly, sinking down on the bench next to the handsome priest. "Did she give you her name?"

"Yes, Brianna Temple. I've heard it before somewhere, I'm just not sure where." His brow furrowed in thought as he watched the girl turn the corner and disappear around one of the buildings on campus. "Her wrists were bruised, chafed raw in places. I'd say she'd been tied up."

"Her demeanor seems to indicate some kind of attack," Sharon mused. "God, I hope we don't have another rape. Can't these college boys keep it in their pants?"

"I certainly hope that was a rhetorical question," he said, staring at her from under his thick lashes.

She laughed. "Yeah, yeah it was, father. I guess I'll be keeping an eye on Brianna Temple." She stood, letting her hand rest against Father Joseph's black shirted shoulder. "Thank you, Father."

"I didn't do anything but sit on a bench, Sharon." He glanced up as she left, but then went back to staring at the building that Brianna had disappeared around, a thoughtful expression upon his face.

To be continued...

12