Jonah and the Fairy Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
markelly
markelly
2,562 Followers

By the time Robin had recovered from Shunda's remark Hunter was now standing on the porch watching, waiting for an answer from Robin. My own interest was peaked as well, but I learned many years ago never to get between two women. And when two fairies were arguing, never. Getting between two fairies with magic and who clearly didn't like each other? Not a chance. Mom didn't raise a fool.

"The Keeper has a debt that is owed to me, I claim that debt now."

Robin couldn't even look at her when she spoke next. Her voice struggled to keep so many emotions in check. She held the rail so tight her knuckles were white.

"Why do you do this now? You and everyone else knew what our Queen and I had planned for today, yet you insist you do this now."

Silence lay heavily between them. It was obvious that Shunda was not going to explain anything until Robin agreed to honor the debt. With a resigned look on her face Robin nodded her head. Shunda remained silent, extracting every ounce of satisfaction she could from the dilemma she had placed Robin in and from the power she had over me at this moment.

Just as Robin opened her mouth to speak the cabin shook. There was an ear splitting roar and Marise shimmered into the clearing followed by three Bodyguards, one I knew from earlier this afternoon that had taken Mom to the nursery. Marise instantly pointed towards Shunda, her body lurched sideways and slammed into the cabin wall with a sickening thud. Marise pulled her arm back and Shunda was catapulted over the porch railing and thrown into the clearing, landing at Marise's feet.

"Enough," she shouted.

I had never seen Marise angry. Her blue aura still surrounded her, but her eyes were a glowing red. Now I was worried. This time she pointed towards Robin, and although she in turn raised her hands in defense her body slammed into the cabin wall. As Robin tried to scream her voice choked. Marise cupped her hand, stifling Robin's scream in her throat. With a flip of her hand my Robin left the porch and arced over the rail, bounced once, and landed on her back next to Shunda.

As astonished as I was at what I was seeing with my own eyes I tried to stand. Marise may be the Queen but Robin was also my mate. I moved an inch and then felt something pressed into my chest. I was so busy watching this strange scene unfold in front of my eyes I hadn't noticed two of the Bodyguards shimmer onto the porch, both their spears pointed to my chest and the looks on there faces telling me that it would be wise to stay seated.

The rage that engulfed Marise was still a terrifying sight to behold. Her hands became fists and then she raised her arms above her head. Both Robin and Shunda left the ground their feet now kicking at air a foot above the clearing floor. Both held their throats as though their life's breath was being dragged from there bodies.

"When the great Mother blessed us with two daughters from the same birth mother we all looked on it as a gift. For too many cycles you two have both been at each other to the point you are now threatening the harmony of us and the mountain." said Marise.

I sat totally shocked. Shunda was Robin's sister and yet Robin had never even mentioned that fact to me.

"You are both to blame for this, so now you shall both suffer as we have, and as we have watched you both try to tear each other apart in the process."

Marise moved her arms farther apart and both the chocking figures in front of her moved away from each other. Just as suddenly Marise clapped her hands and both slammed into each other and fell to the floor gasping for air, desperate to fill their lungs, hoping for some respite. Instinctively both got to their knees hoping to appease Marise's rage.

"Why are you here, Hunter, when the laws clearly forbid you to be here?"

Shunda explained everything that happened by the river, and as she did Marise became more and more concerned. She looked toward me, her gaze mellowed slightly and said, "You have a debt keeper do you wish to honor this debt?"

This time I was allowed to stand, but my access to the steps was still blocked.

"It is the way. I will honor this debt when the Hunter tells me what she is asking of me."

Marise nodded and returned her gaze to both the kneeling and shaking figures before her.

"You have both disgraced us in front of the keeper. You both have no honor and until you both prove otherwise you will be the Keeper's to do with as he will. The Keeper will honor his debt, but I decree that the debt will only be owed after I have finished with both of you. Do either of you object?"

Both frantically shook their heads and, to be honest, I was just about to shake mine as well. Marise angry was not a pretty sight, and I was just glad I wasn't the one in front of her right now. The two Bodyguards on the porch joined Marise and she in turn looked once more towards me. The look she gave me somehow left me thinking that she had made a decision. I think she saw me shiver.

Once more she waved both hands and a blue aura drifted out of both cowering womens' heads and onto the arms of Marise, who then took one more step back and clicked her fingers and the clothes on both women disappeared.

"When my anger over your disgraceful behavior has gone I will return and give you your magic back. Until then you both belong to the Keeper."

She looked once more at me and with a faint smile said, "These two have only begun to suffer, Keeper. They will learn and you will teach them."

Before I could ask what I could teach two fairies that were older than me and would live to almost three times the years I could ever live she was gone and the remaining Bodyguards shimmered away as well. For a good few minutes neither Robin nor Shunda would look anywhere but the clearing floor.

"You can both get up now. Your Queen has gone."

Both heads very slowly looked around and then back to each other. The hate for each other, and the fear of what may happen should that hate fill their hearts and both take action were the only things holding them back. Robin once again looked around and only then did she stand. Shunda followed, and the sight of her naked body made me feel sick.

A gouge of four lines tore into her flesh from just under her left breast and curved down her body, ending just above her right hip. The wound looked recent, although I suspected the Healer's magic would have helped with the healing process. Even then I had doubts about just how old her wound was. The same four deep gouged lines where on her left thigh down to her knee.

"My human form disgusts you, Keeper?"

I had to focus on Shunda's face, and considering the damage to her whole body I was having difficulty holding eye contact with her.

"It wasn't until now that I realized the high cost of being a hunter."

Shunda snorted at my comment and then sank to one knee, her gaze never leaving mine.

"Our Queen has given us to you. What do you wish of us, Keeper?"

My mind still tried hard to process everything that had gone on. Shrugging my shoulders I suggested that they both dress. Shunda looked at Robin for a moment and then looked back at me. There seemed a resigned look on her face and she walked onto the porch and pulled a blanket from one of the chairs, wrapping it around herself. The blanket instantly started to smoke. Soon the whole blanket was now smoking and was seconds away from bursting into flames.

I rushed onto the porch and pulled the blanket off of her and threw it into the clearing. No sooner had it hit the clearing floor than it burst into flames.

"What the hell just happened?"

Robin looked once more at the ashes that once had been a blanket and said, "Until our Queen returns our magic this form is all that we are, nothing can cover it. We cannot move farther than the clearing's edge unless you allow it by holding onto us. Once you stop and remove your hand we will cease."

I turned on Robin, the tone of my voice pulling her gaze from the ashes as they swirled around the clearing in the gentle mountain breeze.

"You knew this yet you didn't tell me. Your sister could have died. Why didn't she tell me what would happen?"

Shunda moved off the porch and joined her sister; both then knelt looking up at me. This was becoming uncomfortable for me. Too many uneasy feelings crept through my mind. I could kill one or both without even realizing I was doing it, and it seems neither of them would tell me I was sending them to their doom until it was happening. I took a deep breath, and held on to that last thought. This is why Marise is the Queen and I'm the Keeper. That is the real balance, not what's happening here.

"Keeper, our Queen gave us both to you. That is everything we are. Just as she holds the power of life and death over us also you have that power over us both until you deem us fit to return to our Queen."

I sat on the clearing floor, uncomfortable with them kneeling in front of me. Robin was my mate, not some slave. Now I find that Shunda is her sister. I shook my head once more and thought that I'm way out of my depth here.

"Stop talking in riddles, both of you. Next to Mother Earth your Queen holds the power here, not me. I'm just the Keeper."

Both fairies quickly looked to their left and right as though expecting some sort of retribution. Finally Robin found her voice.

"My love, our Queen gave us both to you."

"No dammit, your Queen..."

Both sisters fell face first onto the clearing floor, visibly shaking. I was just about to continue my rant when a thought struck me. I paused as my mind replayed what I had seen. My mind was too filled with the bizarre happenings in front of me and the way Marise administered her own justice for me to fully comprehend. I wondered if I could live with what I was about to do.

"Shunda stand."

Instantly she did. I then told Robin to sit up. Just as quickly she did as I had told her.

"Walk beyond the clearing edge."

I heard Robin gasp, yet my gaze never left her sister. Shunda simply looked at me with a look of resignation on her face, a look I had seen already today. I was beginning to suspect I was right. She paused for just a second and then set off towards the clearing edge, with Robin looking. As she got to the middle of the clearing Robin looked at me. Her lips parted.

"Please my love, don't do this."

"Why not? It would solve so many problems. Your endless fights with your sister would cease and I would no longer have to serve my debt."

Another three paces and fear had now crept onto Robin's face, something I thought I would never see. Her eyes started to fill with tears and again she looked at me.

"Killing my sister is not the way."

"Yes it is. Only Marise couldn't see it. She thought both sisters could live in harmony and had a use on the mountain. That has been seen not to have truth. When Shunda walks beyond the clearing all will be well and we can return to our lives."

Another four paces and tears fell from her and she used the back of her hand to wipe them away. Robin's voice had raised a pitch as her eyes darted between me and Shunda.

"Please let me take her place. My sister has suffered enough in this cycle."

"No, you are my mate and if you die my daughter will have no mother. Shunda will not suffer when she steps beyond the clearing. You yourself said that you would cease and you will finally be rid of someone that you have fought with for so long that you can't even remember why you are fighting anymore."

Shunda was now almost three quarters of the way to the edge of the clearing and simply kept the same pace, not even looking back. Robin shifted uneasily on the clearing floor.

"I want her to live."

"No you don't. Your Queen grows weary of continually parting you. The love sisters should have is simply not within either of you. This will finally set you free, Robin."

Another four paces and the speed with which Robin would look at her departing sister and back to me increased. Her fear was now genuine that I would let this happen. I simply sat and stared at her. Robin was now frantic, her eyes wide, and her body shook with suppressed tension that still continued to build within her.

"Jacob was her mate. When he died she died inside. Her spirit wanders this mountain looking for peace. Please Jonah, don't allow this to happen, I beg you. I love her so much but I hold back from her because I fear her more than love her."

Finally, I knew I was right.

"Then go and tell your sister to return and both of you are to meet me in the cabin. This isn't over Robin."

She was on her feet and running across the clearing so fast she would put an Olympic sprinter to shame. She launched herself across the remaining few feet, crashed into her sister and put her own body over her as she told her that she was to return. I stood and went into to cabin not even looking back.

Dusk would soon steal any light left on the mountain. I made the fire and pulled the rug closer. Their bodies blocked light from the door. It told me all I needed to know. I instructed both of them to enter and sit on the rug. I was happy that the fire would keep them warm. I told both of them that this was their bed until I deemed them fit to return to their Queen. Once I was happy that both could stand, kneel, and lie on the rug without burning the cabin down I left them and had an early night.

This whole day had turned to shit. It's my birthday and I was supposed to get laid tonight. Instead Marise and I have done nothing but pull two sisters apart as though they were in heat for each other. I suspected I knew then why the difficult part now was to get both of them to see it and do something about it. None of this detracted from the fact that my mate was in the other room.

I could have brought her in and taken the edge of my horniness, but I also suspected that if I ever did something remotely stupid like that, horny or not, I would have to spend the rest of my sleep times with one eye open. Marise may have given me both sisters, but that would end and I would have the repercussions of my actions to deal with: just as I already have with making it look like I was sending Shunda to her death.

*******

Both seemed so at peace. I was leaning against the bedroom door watching them on the floor. A few embers still burned yet the fire had long since given up its warmth. Robin lay facing the fire, her sister behind her. Both Shaunda's arm and leg draped over Robin. I could clearly see it. Why couldn't they? Their bond went deeper than many simply because in human terms they were twins. Fairies don't look on family as we do. I guess they never realized the bond they had. If they would only admit it to themselves.

To Fairies the gift of two children from the same birth mother was simply a gift from Mother Earth. Both must have sensed me because they woke at the same time and instantly went onto their knees. This I couldn't and wouldn't get used to, so I sat on the floor as I watched these sisters for a moment before I spoke.

"I see you both slept well."

They nodded in unison as I waited. This bond was plain to see by me, my mind screamed, 'It's there why can't either of you see it?' With a sigh and a feeling I would pay dearly for this later. I slapped Robin hard across the cheek. My poor Robin let out a startled cry, yet held her anger in check. Had this been any other time I would have been a bloodied heap on the cabin floor by now. I swung my arm to hit her again and Shunda caught my wrist in mid-flight.

"Please, Keeper, you harm my sister when she has done you no harm. Strike me since it was me that brought our Queen's wrath to your door."

It was in front of them so close they must be able to taste it by now, yet they still refused to see it. If I weren't so desperate for them to see what I could clearly see, and I didn't even need magic to see it, why couldn't these two fairies see it? I had one choice left to me and I prayed I was right because I didn't even want to think of the consequences if I were wrong.

"You are right, Hunter. I also believe that we could all do with some air and a walk."

Robin had regained her composure and once again looked at her sister. Both were now deep in thought as we all stood and walked to the clearing edge. Judging by the looks I was getting from Shunda she suspected a trap. Even when I looked towards Robin it was plain to see she had begun to think something was not right. I stopped at the clearing's edge and held out my hands, looking towards one and then the other.

Both hesitated but slid their hands into mine, and with the thought that it was now or never we stepped forward. There was a sound like a bee, and for a second we all turned blue. Just as quickly the glow faded and left us. Robin was right at the clearing edge. Shunda would have ceased if she had gone three more paces before she was thrown to the ground and told to return. We walked along the path leading towards the trail over the mountain. Neither spoke for such a long time, preferring to steal glances at each other, and desperate to figure out what I was up to.

For nearly twenty minutes we walked until I found the spot I figured would work best: a small clearing of maybe thirty feet that straddled the trail. Now it was all down to timing. They had finally started to relax and even to enjoy the treats that the mountain had to offer. As we approached the centre of the clearing I suddenly stopped. Both sisters walked forward one more pace before they noticed. I brought my hands together and quickly placed Shunda's hand over Robin's. Fear made them grasp each other's hand more firmly, waiting for the inevitable. I took a step back, the physical distance between us now greater. A blue glow suddenly enveloped them both.

"It would be wise not to let go of each other since you are both keeping the other alive."

Robin looked in awe at the glow that surrounded them and said, "I don't understand. Our laws say we should cease now."

Sitting crossed-legged on the ground both sisters followed suit, still clutching each others hands.

"Although you will not admit it too yourselves, what's keeping you alive is the love you both have for each other. The great Mother gifted you with this ability, even though your Queen removed your magic and gave you both to me."

For such a long time they looked at me and then each other. Every so often one mouth would open but nothing would come out, so it would close again. I sensed her a second before she placed her hand on my shoulder, and I had to fight hard the impulse to look around. Marise wanted me to know she was behind me, and it was her choice that Robin and Shunda weren't to know.

"Our Queen will be angry we have broken the laws."

"Your Queen placed you in my care, Hunter. She gave both of you to me so I may teach you. That is what I am doing. I know she would understand, and in my mind no laws have been broken."

As desperate as I was to press home, I knew that should either of them forget and let go of the other, both would cease before even Marise could do anything about it. I just hoped what I had said so far would be enough to keep them busy until we walked back to the cabin. Standing, I once again held both their hands and headed back toward the cabin. Hopefully I had shown them what I could clearly see, yet they chose not to.

It was Robin who started playing. Firstly it was half a pace, then she was a full pace ahead of me. Shunda, not to be outdone, kept up with her, and I was grateful that I now had hold of their hands so I could rein them back before they became too enthusiastic. The thought that I may lose either of them, so close to their finally seeing it all was not something I wanted to even let into my head.

As we all stepped into the clearing again that faint glow and the sound of buzzing told me it was safe to let them go. Yet neither of them would. Both still held my hand tightly until we reached the porch and I sat down. This time Shunda took the lead and sat with her back resting against the railings. Robin followed suit, both watching and waiting, and I had to admit I blushed a little because now they expected me to come clean and explain everything. That sense that Marise was close by crept into me and confirmed to me that it was time.

markelly
markelly
2,562 Followers