Journey to Carlin

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The cooking went better. Slightly.

Abigail squatted beside him.

"Smells good!" she commented.

Ukko grumbled something and added a few herbs. Half an hour later they ate pork stew. They talked about different recipes for stew and shared a few jokes about some of Ukko's early culinary experiments.

Ukko was more at ease now and was no longer distracted by her long, searching looks. They were two flexible, well-adjusted adults, comfortable with themselves and around one another.

He pulled out his waterskin and offered it to her.

"Want some apple wine?"

Abigail's eyes lit up.

"You bought apple wine? What's the occasion?!" she teased. She put the waterskin to her mouth and took a swig. She felt the liquid warm her chest as it went down. She took another swig and gave the waterskin back to him. She stretched luxuriously and sighed in utter contentment.

A nagging voice inside said: Gods, you are such a harlot. Can you be any more obvious?

Trying hard to ignore her pose, Ukko asked: "Are you trying to drink me under the table again?"

Abigail folded her hands behind her head and stared off into the distance.

"Woolfson Bridge," she said dreamily. "I really liked those people, Ukko. We ought to go back to that town someday."

"Couldn't agree more."

Ukko sat back and took off his boots.

"I had a silly thought this afternoon," he started. "I overpaid the farmer for the food, because I know how hard he has to work. And I thought how I had left my dad's farm, for the 'quick-and-easy' life.."

Abigail frowned.

"Quick and easy?"

"That was the silly thought. It is neither quick nor easy. And you were right, you know. The night before last, when I was fighting one of those goblins, I... I kind of felt I was killing a little boy. It's disgusting when you really think about it."

Abigail propped herself up on her elbows and nodded seriously.

Trying to get rid of the filthy taste in his mouth, Ukko took a swig from the apple wine.

"Then I was wondering what I'm doing it all for. Will I be bashing goblins ten years from now or is there a big plan for all of us?"

Abigail scoffed.

"Sure, just ask Revelc. We'll be rich and famous."

"Oh I don't care for fame. And I am rich already. Got my good health, got my friends, got... well, you know."

Ukko sipped his apple wine and studied the way her hair cascaded down her shoulders and how her long, slender fingers fidgeted with her necklace. He idly thought about how wonderful those fingers had felt on him.

"So what about you?"

"Me? Fame?! I need fame like I need a boil on my backside."

She wrapped her necklace around her index finger.

Gods, please make her stop doing that, Ukko begged silently. Preferably before I tear her clothes off.

Abigail stared into the flames and sighed.

"And I could own every house and patch of land in Briar's Veil," she said quietly. "And it still wouldn't change the way how people thought about me. As soon as I was old enough to know the difference, they let me know the difference."

There was only a hint of bitterness in her voice.

"Five years ago I lived on the streets of Katar. Most of my friends were mixed. One night my best friend Andrea got raped. I call the cityguard and they catch the men in the act. They let them go, because, why, it's not against the law to rape a mongrel. Instead the Captain of the guard arrests Andrea on charges of disturbing of the peace.

And obviously, when our friend Borric, who had an Orc father somewhere out west, went after the men to take revenge and got killed, that wasn't against the law either."

Her eyes were leagues away now.

"There's not a lot that came easy for me, Ukko. I know what it means to live like a beggar. I hated it but I'd do it again in a heartbeat if people would accept me as I am. I want to be proud of who I am, of what I am. I want them to answer for what they did to Andrea and Fedya. And I want to stop being outside the law. I hate being a walking excuse for rape and pillage. That is what I want."

"That's all I want," she concluded.

Ukko looked at her. It was hardly a wish any mortal man, no matter how powerful or wealthy, could fulfill. But she dared to dream. And he loved her for it. He doubted that she ever would see it come true, but if anyone could make a difference, it would be her. Life seemed to happen around her.

"I know, kind of far-fetched," she said softly.

"Changing the law is one thing, but changing someone's idea... It's just - people are stubborn, Abby. Stubborn and stupid, and probably not in that order. Most of them don't like admitting they're wrong. Not to themselves and certainly not to others..."

Looking into the flames, he added: "But if anyone can make them change their mind, I think you can. You're one of the kindest people I know and anybody knowing you longer than a few moments will realize that and start looking further than your ears..."

For a while only the crackling of twigs in the fire could be heard. Abigail smiled to herself. It was the first time she had ever mentioned this dream to anyone and he hadn't dismissed it as idle fancy. And even when he was serious, he managed to give her a compliment.

"Like you did?" she said coyly.

Ukko groaned softly.

"Are you going to remind me of that for the rest of my life?"

He thought ruefully back to the day Dlanor had introduced Abigail to the group. Transfixed by her beauty he'd tried to be graceful but all he could say was: "I'm Ukko. Nice ears."

Abigail smirked.

"Well, for a few years more anyway."

"Anyway. Even if you have to do it one stubborn commoner at a time... I'll help."

"I hardly think you standing behind them waving your swords around is going to help," she laughed.

"I was thinking more along the lines of buying them drinks."

In only two days they would arrive in Carlin, Ukko reflected. Just two more days to decide if there was there was more between them than just friends. If there was anything at all. If he wanted to tell her how he felt, he had to tell her before they joined the others.

He knew himself. He didn't have the courage to breach the subject with anyone else present, let alone the rest of the group. It was ridiculous really, that he was afraid of being laughed at by the same people who had saved his life and whose lives he had helped save. He had laughed in the face of troll warriors, insulted a storm giant and he just didn't have it in him to approach Abigail and tell her the truth.

"Speaking of drinks, can I have some more...."

Ukko was already offering the waterskin to her.

"...apple wine. Thank you."

Her hand moved over his as she reached for the wineskin and lingered.

Time narrowed down as the inviting smile she gave him melted away any control he had built up in the past hours.

She won't mind one kiss, he reasoned. After all, what would one kiss be after last night?

He grabbed her wrists and pushed her backwards, putting his weight on his arms to force her onto her back. The waterskin fell to the ground, the wine splattering over her leg.

"Ukko... what the... mmmhh... No!! Ukko!! Mmhh... stop it!!"

She struggled wildly to get her hands free, trying to get away, but he held her down with considerable ease. When he relaxed his grip somewhat she bit his nose. He screamed in pain and seemed to come to his senses. He let go of her wrists and his face went ashen.

"Not so, Ukko," Abigail panted. "Never...that way."

She sat up again and rubbed her wrists.

Guhl, drop me to the Abyss, he thought. I just tried to force her. It's over.

"I don't know what happened to me, I wanted... I-I mean," he stammered. "I can't get you out of my mind, I keep thinking of how it was last night and I know you only want to be friends, but ever since I met you, I hear your voice singing in my head and feel your hands on my face. Madairika help me, Abby, but you drive me crazy..."

Abigail was stunned.Shedrovehimcrazy? The blood rushed to her face and she put her hands on the ground to stop them from trembling.

"Go on," she whispered.

Ukko cleared his throat. Maybe not all was lost.

"I desire you, Abby. I want to be with you again. I want you so much it hurts. I want to hear and feel you next to me and I want to make you scream and... and...."

Abigail put her hand over his mouth and repeated hoarsely: "No, no... go on."

His eyes widened when he realized her meaning. For a moment was frozen. Then he took her hand and slowly licked her palm.

Abigail swallowed visibly as he sucked her index finger in his mouth and slowly circled it with his tongue. Her wildly beating heart sped up her breathing. She felt herself growing warm and fuzzy. Without letting go of her finger, Ukko reached for her and stroked her cheek. She closed her eyes and tilted her head give him access to her neck.

Ukko felt incredibly alive. He hadn't misread her after all. She accepted him. Wanted him! The woman he knew so well as friend and comrade in arms was here with him, for him, warm and pliable, smelling of blossoms in the spring. He shifted weight to give his erection more room. She excited him to no end and judging from her face and heavy breathing, the feeling was mutual. He gently bit her earlobe and kissed a trail down to her throat.

Abigail shivered under his touch. They stood up and kissed again, hungrily, almost devouring each other. His tongue came out to lick her lips and she tried to suck it in. Her hands were frantically untying the straps of his jerkin and loosening the shirt underneath. He ripped her shoulder piece off and bit her gently in the nape of her shoulder. Impatiently, Abigail drew her dagger, cut the unyielding straps in a swift move and yanked the jerkin off his shoulders. She pulled up his shirt and licked his chest, inhaling his masculine scent. Ukko slid a hand inside her linen shirt and cupped a breast, twisting and pulling her stiff nipple. A gasp escaped from her lips. One of her hands slipped inside his pants and started stroking his rigid member. He moved his hands down her back, down to her buttocks and in between. Her knees buckled as she felt him at her wetness, rubbing her pleasure bead. Her world shrank to that spot between her legs. If he would just come inside her, she wanted him so badly...

With his pants at the ankles Ukko suddenly turned her around and lifted her shirt. A wave of excitement washed over her. Mare and Stallion! Yes!

Oh, Madairika, don't let me fall down, she prayed. She grabbed the tree with both hands.

Then all coherent thought left her as she felt his head against her entrance and his warm hands on her hips pulling her back to him, onto him. She felt him sliding deep inside and moaned. They fit so well and it was so fine.

Ukko felt her warm wetness caress him, the clenching of her inner muscles and her warm ass on his hips and feared he might go without her. He started a rhythm of short, hard thrusts.

Abigail sighed in relief as she felt her pleasure mounting towards the stars. Shifting her feet for better balance she started to buck her hips back at him, each move producing more fiery jolts inside her, stretching her as if she were a bow string and he was so hard inside her and speeding up with every move and stroking her legs, now trembling with the effort to remain standing and the heat grew bigger and threatened to swallow her and then fireworks started to go off inside her head.

Ukko felt her muscles contract around him and could no longer contain himself.

"Abby..." he groaned as he ejected in her tightening sheath.

Abigail moaned blissfully and kept moving against his hardness, not feeling anything except the wonderful pounding in her loins and the incredible heat where her body joined his. She was floating among the stars. As the pleasure faded they realized how closely they were pressed together. She leaning her back against his chest and stomach, loins and legs almost one and her hands over his.

His ragged breathing and hers. The soft liquid sounds of their joining. And finally her tired leg muscles and the wood splinters in her hands.

"Abby... let's sit down."

"Good idea."

She sat in his lap and looked up at him. For a while they just stared at each other, holding and caressing each other, enjoying the closeness.

"Listen Ukko... if you want to..." Her voice broke. "I meant, when I feel like I... if-if we have to... oh to the Abyss," she cried in frustration.

"Was it good?" he smiled.

Her eyes twinkled.

"You know it was," she said. "But let me be frank: I loved that and I want more of it. And I was hoping you wouldn't mind to take care of a friend when she wants to...."

"But I...."

"And of course I'll take care of you when you need to..."

"Abby, I hadn't quite..."

"So can we agree on a code that we can use when one of us has an... itch that needs taking care of? Because as sure Koriel watches us I don't want to spend an agonizing day like this ever again before we can raise the sheets."

"Can I have a word in?" Ukko asked exasperatedly. "I am a bit uncomfortable with that."

"Nobody needs to know. I can be discreet."

"No, no, I meant that... it's very tempting and all..."

Ukko struggled to find the words.

"Maybe this is rather forward of me, but..."

She softly bit his earlobe and said playfully: "Ukko, you just took me from behind... what have we got left to be bashful about?"

"I don't know if this is something that often passes between friends. Or maybe this is some Elvish thing that..."

"In some tribes it can be, yes. But it can work for us, right?"

"Abby, please. I want you to understand. When we walk I count the steps I am away from you. That when you go for provisions I count how many clouds shift before you are back. Everytime you are sad I am sad. And that everytime I see blood on your face it hurts me in here."

He tapped his chest.

"Then why didn't you say that before?" she said in a small voice. "You even told that guy I was your friend. That hurt."

"But I thought you wanted to be friends. Just for a night, you said and now you proposed this arrangement."

He cradled her face gently and looked into her eyes.

"Abigail, I don't want an arrangement. I don't want a code. I wantyou. I need you. I wanted to tell that guy that if he messes my with woman, he messes with me..."

"Your woman," she choked up.

Ukko nodded hopefully. "Yes."

She hugged him fiercely, burying her head in his shoulder.

"I am so stupid," she whispered, while she stifled her tears. "Last night was so wonderful - not because I needed it, but because it happened with you. And when I woke up this morning with your arms around me, I knew I had come home. And I wasted an entire day before telling you that. Yes, I'll be your woman. I'll be your retard."

After a few moments Abigail started to kiss the side of his neck while he began to fondle her breasts.

It's only two days riding to Carlin, Ukko thought absentmindedly.

Maybe I can stretch it to three.