Joy, Pain, and All Between Ch. 06

Story Info
Questions and Answers
2.9k words
4.71
29k
11

Part 6 of the 11 part series

Updated 10/15/2022
Created 05/29/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
LilMami07
LilMami07
404 Followers

Hey guys. Let me start out by saying that I apologize for all the errors in my stories. I'm a terrible editor. And thanks for all of the feedback. I try to contact each and everyone of my readers to thank them personally. You guys rock!! Lol. Anywho...Here's chapter...what is this...6? Yea...that sounds about right. And Stalker, you had me a little nervous but I did it!! Now...it's your turn :)

****::::::::****:::::::::****

A week went by with Skyler not acting like her usual self. Her day consumed of waking up, showering, eating, school, sometimes work, home, eating, sleeping. She now felt like she was ready to talk. She called out for Lacey from her bedroom. Lacey walked in her bedroom carefully and sat on the edge of the bed. Skyler began to talk.

"After my mom and dad divorced, he moved out and moved on with his life. My mom tried to do the same. She started dating again and whatnot. All kinds of men. I'm not calling my mom a slut or whore or anything like that. She went through a lot of men though. I think she was trying to fill the void since dad had left. Well, I remember I was about 11. She had a boyfriend named Lamont. Lamont was always over at our house. He called himself helping out. Mowing the grass, fixing stuff around the house, and other manly jobs. She'd been dating him a little over a year, and she was so in love with him. That bastard. He even gave me a nickname. Skye. I never liked him. I felt like he was trying to take my daddy's place. No one could ever take my daddy's place. Well, anyway, I had got home from school one day and Mama was still at work like always. I heard a knock at the door and I answered it. It was him. My gut told me not to let him in, but if I hadn't we would tell my mom I was being sassy and disrespectful again. It wouldn't be the first time. She always took his side.

One time, I was taking too long in the shower and he had to use the bathroom. I told him to go outside and choose a bush. He told my mom and she whipped me right there in front of him. I hated them both that day. How could she choose him over me? Her only daughter. Only child. Anyway, I let him in that day and went in my room. I figured it wouldn't be long 'til Mama came home, and I didn't wanna be around him, so I left him in the living room watching TV. I heard someone knock on my bedroom door. A little while later, I thought Mama was home and wanted to come in so I opened it. He was standing there with his head down. Then he looked up and had this sick smile on his face. I tried to shut the door in his face, but he put his foot in the doorway. He said something about it's about time I started respecting him, 'cause he's gonna be my daddy soon. I told him I already had a daddy, and I don't need another one. He got mad and pushed me in my room. I told him to get his ashy hands off of me and I tried to push him back. Imagine that: 11-year-old little ole me versus a big thirty-some year old man. He got even madder.

He grabbed my arm and slapped me across my cheek. My daddy didn't hit me. There was no way I was gonna let his dirty ass touch me, so...I spit. I hawked up the biggest glob I could muster up, and spit right in his face. That's when he did it. He shoved me onto my bed and climbed on top of me. I tried to push him off. He was so heavy. I fought him with all my might. He hit me again and then tugged at my tights. I remember him unzipping his pants and pulling out..." Skyler's voice started to crack.

"It's okay, baby. You don't have to..." Lacey couldn't stop the tears from rolling down her face. How could something like that happen to her best friend? How could something like that happen to her best friend and she not know about it?

"No, I have to. The only person I've told was Mikeal and he threw it in my face. Anyway, I remember him pulling it out and said 'I'm gonna teach you, Skye. You're gonna learn to respect me one way or another.' Neither of us heard her come in. Maybe because I was too busy kicking and screaming. Maybe he wasn't thinking about what would happen if he did what he wanted to do. But there she was. My mama. She stood hovering over him with a pan. I screamed and he didn't even see it coming. How could he? It didn't matter though, he wouldn't have had enough time to react. That bitch was out cold once that pan connected with the back of his head" Skyler laughed even as the tears flowed down her cheeks.

"Oh my God, Doodle. Where is he now?"

"Long gone. Once my daddy found out about what happened, that was another beat down for him. He got put away. Haven't heard from him since. My dad, of course, blamed my mom. He said it was unhealthy for me to be around her while she was bringing around lots of men. He said it never would have happened if I were living with him. Mama got mad and said she didn't want me around him and his white girl, either. It was a big mess. Since then, Mama felt she had to protect me...from everything. I'm not blaming my Mama. She tried her best, and anything she could do for me, she did. She told me to never let a man touch me in anyway I didn't want him to. I promised her. I promised her I'd kill any man who touch me wrong..." Skyler stared in a daze before continuing. "I just feel like her taking care of me was a burden. I blamed myself for everything that happened. I'll admit, I was a very bad kid, and I feel that if I had never been born, they'd still be together. And I blame myself for what happened...with Lamont."

"It's not your fault, Doodle. He's just some sick bastard who's gonna pay. He's gonna burn in Hell if he isn't already."

"Thanks, Lacey. For listening."

"Anytime, babe. Anytime. You know I got you. And Mikeal...he's gonna pay. Trust me" she said while hugging Skyler.

****::::::::****:::::::::****

Joel noticed something different about Skyler. She wasn't the same Skyler he dropped off at her place last week. She never turned around in class, never acknowledged his existence, no smart remarks, not anything. He was upset. She was fine that night, but since then she had become distant. What the fuck did he do? He didn't understand girls at all. He sat there and pierced the back of her head with his eyes. She must have felt it, because she smoothed down her hair in the exact spot, but she didn't turn around.

I'll call her out on it. Wait, no I'm not. I'm going to treat her the same way she treats me. Fuck her. She's just a girl. A girl I like. Really like. I like everything about her. Her dark ebony hair, which she always wore in a ponytail. Her dark brown doe eyes; so dark they looked black. Her sharply arched eyebrow's, her cute button nose, her soft full pink lips, her neck, her lush bottom, and perky...err...

Funny how he had memorized everything about her. He tried texting her but she never replied. He tried talking to her after class, but she always rushed out of class without turning around. She didn't ask for help anymore. She was trance-like. He didn't know what was up, but he wanted to. But if she didn't want to talk to him, fine. Whatever.

"Alright class, have a good weekend", Professor Sanders announced.

"Shit." Joel hurried to pack his books. Skyler was still putting her things away.What am I doing? I'm not waiting for her. I can't make her talk to me. Fuck it. Fuck her. No, I can't...I'll wait...

****::::::::****:::::::::****

Skyler found it hard to concentrate on things lately. She was too busy trying to figure things out. Who ran their mouth to Mikeal? And how was she going to get payback? There was no way in hell she would let him get away with what he did. She just hadn't been feeling herself lately, though. She had shut almost everyone out. The same thing she did when she was younger. She didn't want anyone to see her like that. Weak. Especially Joel. She finally came clean to Lacey because she was like family. But not Joel. She had read a few of the texts he sent but chose not to reply. One, she didn't want to talk. Two, Mikeal had mentioned him. She knew what Mikeal was capable of doing. He wasn't the nicest guy. Joel couldn't hold a light to him in a fist fight. It would be best to let things blow over before she talked to him. She really liked Joel. More than she should in such a short amount of time. She always got too wrapped up in guys. But Joel was different. He was white. Mikeal was right, what would her mother say? Her thoughts frustrated her. She smoothed her hair to calm herself down. Her and Joel weren't together so there was nothing to tell her mother. There. That's settled. But that wasn't true. She found herself drawn to him. To his perfect smile, beautiful blue eyes, and interesting personality. Class was going by increasingly slower by the day. It was like torture. She had been so engrossed in thought, she missed when Sanders announced class was over. She didn't know what he had said, but when she was everyone else getting their things together and leaving so did she. She walked down the hall and felt a firm grip on her arm, halting her movement. Instinct kicked in and she quickly spun around and swung.

"Oww! what the fuck Skyler?" Joel said shocked and a little hurt. "What the fuck is your problem?"

"I...I umm" she looked around nervously. "I'm sorry. I thought you were someone else..."

"Who?" he asked interested. "Who did you think I was?"

"Uh...nobody...it's nothing..."

"Skyler what's wrong? You're not you lately. I've been texting you and whatever and you don't reply. You won't talk to me. What did I do to you?"

"Nothing Joel. You didn't do anything. I just gotta go" she said and started walking hastily out of the building with Joel dead on her heels. She walked to her car and unlocked it. Joel took it upon himself to hop in on the passenger's side.

"Skyler talk to me. What did I do? Just tell me" he pleaded.

"Joel you didn't do anything, but I'm going to need you to get out of my car."

"Well too bad 'cause I'm not moving" Joel felt himself getting angry. He never got angry. He buried all negative emotions a few years back, but Skyler was slowly bringing them back up to surface. "Just...tell me, okay?"

"Joel, you shouldn't be here. You gotta go" she said while frantically searching the parking lot. She didn't yet know who the perpetrator was so she wanted to be extra careful.

****::::::::****:::::::::****

Brittani stood at the glass doors and saw Skyler and Joel walking together...or more like him hot on her trail. He never followed her around like that. She could barely get him to walk along side her. She was them talking and them take off. Oh well. She would enjoy this.

****::::::::****:::::::::****

"Are you in some sort of trouble, Skyler?"

"No."

"You know what? Whatever. Can you drive me to my car? It's on the other parking lot" he said defeated. She didn't want to talk? Fine. Skyler cranked up and drove around to the other parking lot. His car was easy to spot out. It was a one of a kind. When they got there, they witnessed a very bad scene. Joel squinted to make sure he was seeing what he thought he was seeing. "What the FUCK!!" Joel barely gave Skyler a chance to brake when he hopped out of the car and ran over to his. "How the fuck?! WHO the fuck?!" Skyler sat there and stared in disbelief.

Skyler didn't know what to say. His car was parked in the wooded parking lot. No one ever really parked there because it was such a long walk to the building. 'YOUR ASS IS MINE" was written on the windshield. It looked as though someone had beaten the bumper up because it lied limply on the pavement. His side view mirror was cracked and hanging off. His back window was shattered a piece of paper was attached under the wipers. He picked it up and looked at Skyler. He smirked and walked slowly to her car and got in. Skyler looked at his demented expression and down to what he held in his hand. It was a photo...of them.

"What the fuck is that?"

"Looks like a picture, Skyler."

"Why are you looking at me like that,Joel?"

"Is there something you wanna tell me now?"

****::::::::****:::::::::****

"Gaelan?"

"Who's asking?" asked a gruff voice.

"It's me...Lacey."

Silence.

More silence.

"Lacey. How's it going?"

"Not so good."

"What's the matter. Something wrong?"

"Umm...well something happened and I don't know what to do. It's about Skyler."

"I'll be there in a sec."

****::::::::****:::::::::****

"And when I ran in, he had her against the wall in like a choke hold. I swung my bat at him and he left." Gaelan stared at Lacey. Even though him and Lacey didn't work out, he loved Skyler like a sister. Hell, he loved both girls, but in very different ways. But that's not the point. And he'd be damned if he let Mikeal get away with what he did to her.

"Where is she now?"

"She had class but she should be on her way here now."

"How about this Mikeal?"

"I don't know." Lacey stared at Gaelan. She felt bad about the way she had treated him. He didn't deserve that. "Gaelan, I know you might not be happy with me but this is Skyler we're talking about. Can we put whatever hard feeling behind us for her?"

"Lacey. There are no hard feelings. I accept what happened between us, and it is what it is. This isn't about us, it's about Skyler. I gotta find this asshole."

****::::::::****:::::::::****

"Joel I don't know. Maybe someone's trying to get back at you. One of those girl's from your past decided to pay you a visit" she lied. Well it wasn't a complete lie. He did go through a lot of girls. But would a girl threaten to kick his ass? Maybe. Probably not. It had to be Mikeal. But that was such a bitch move. Defacing Joel's car? He had to have help.

"Maybe. A girl from my past beat my fucking car and my ass is hers. She's gonna beat my ass...but the funny thing is...why are you in the picture, Skyler? And why the fuck are you lying to me?"

"I'm not lying to you, Joel. It's not my fault you can't keep it in your pants. Stop fucking around and maybe you wouldn't have this problem."

"You know what? You're right. I should be careful who I fuck. You never know when you'll run across that one psycho bitch that'll try to ruin you" he said staring at Skyler.

"What are you trying to say? I did this?"

"No, but I'm saying why were acting so skittish earlier? And we pull up over here and see my shit all fucked up, and the only thing you have to say is why I'm looking at you the way I am."

"You know what? Get out of my car."

"Alright. I'll get out, but if I find out you hadanythingto do with this, somebody's ass is gonna bemine." He got out and slammed the door. Skyler sped from the parking lot like a bat out of Hell.

"Lacey?"

"Yea."

"Oh shit. Something just happened."

"What? What's wrong?"

"Joel's car. His car. Someone fucked it up. I think it was Mikeal."

"What? Are you sure? Does Joel know Mikeal did it?

"No. I didn't tell him."

"What the fuck Skyler? What if Mikeal is somewhere around? What if he hurts Joel?"

"I don't know. I don't know. Damnit!" she said banging on the steering wheel.

****::::::::****:::::::::****

Joel had called Jimmy and gave him the news.

"Did I or did I not tell you dude?"

"Dude, whatever, you told me. Okay? Just get your ass here alright?" Joel hung up the phone. If Skyler had anything to do with this so help him God...he liked her and all, but the car was more important. It was his baby. His pride and joy. His dad had left it to him. He was busy checking the inside when he heard glass cracking. He heard fast-approaching footsteps. He looked up to see who was approaching him...

Sorry I left you guys hanging like that but I didn't want too much going on in one chapter. Forgive me?

LilMami07

LilMami07
LilMami07
404 Followers