Just a Date

Story Info
I wondered if I would ever find the right woman.
10.9k words
4.74
128.3k
179
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DG Hear
DG Hear
5,675 Followers

Thank you to Estragon for editing this story and making it a much better read.

DG Hear

*

I heard that to get people interested in your story you have to do it in the first paragraph. I don't know much about writing so I guess I should do it. So, I will start out by saying I had sex with my brother's fiancée. More on this later.

My name is Dan Welling. I'm twenty-nine and still single. I was born into a wealthy family. My dad owns Welling Manufacturing. He has three plants at which we make auto parts for the car companies as well as for some businesses. Two plants are located in Michigan and one in Ohio. I have an older sister Nina who is six years older than me, and a brother Bob three years older.

Our family is fairly close but because of our age differences we all lead our own lives. Nina and Bob both graduated from the University of Michigan. Nina has a degree in Business Management and is the head of personnel in Dad's main plant. She's married with three kids. Her husband Bill is a dentist.

Bob was an athlete. He actually received an athletic scholarship for football. He had visions of going pro till an injury sidelined him in his junior year. He is now in charge of marketing in Dad's two Michigan firms.

That leaves me. I have an Engineering degree in manufacturing and a Masters Degree in Management. Right now I oversee the manufacturing operation at our Ohio plant.

****

In college I was what you'd call a geek. I had the smarts and learning came very easy to me. I actually received a scholastic scholarship at Michigan State. My siblings called me a traitor, but it was all in fun.

To look less geeky I went to the parties. At least every other week someone was having one. I went maybe once a month and usually to the big ones where I could more or less blend into the crowd. I knew I was underage for drinking so I just stayed with beer and only drank a couple. I met a few jocks in my classes who were having trouble with different subjects. I offered to tutor them for free. That made me some good friends and got me the invites to the parties.

I wouldn't do anyone's homework for them but helped them with their problems. I dated some in high school and even got laid a couple of times, but college was a whole new ball game. At some of the parties, sex was just like you see in the movies.

It was so brazen watching couples fuck right there in front of everyone. Some of the partiers actually were couples. How could a guy fuck his girlfriend in front of other people? I guess that was one of the big surprises for me. I always thought that someday I'd meet that special woman and we'd get married and have kids.

In my sophomore year I did find one woman that I had become attracted to. Her name was Tracy and she was a senior.

I'd seen her dating one of the jocks but they always went behind closed doors to have sex. One day Tracy came up to me and said that Rob, her boyfriend, said I was smart, actually he said I was a geek, and would I help her with two of her subjects?

She would come to my room twice a week after cheerleaders' practice. We studied and I showed her ways to remember events, dates and things like that. In mathematics we would keep going over the problems until she actually understood how to do them.

She was so good looking, as are most cheerleaders at that level. I asked her if she and Rob were serious and she told me that they weren't, but were just good friends. Her goal in life was to find a decent job, a good husband with a good position so they wouldn't have to struggle. She also wanted a few rug rats.

I never told her about my family and how wealthy they were. I didn't want anyone to know. If I found a woman I wanted it to be because she loved me, not my financial situation. I knew Tracy was a few years older than me but I was having some strong feeling for her. After one study session I leaned forward and kissed her. She didn't stop me or back away.

In fact she did the opposite and we began a make out session right there on my bed. I slipped off her shorts and panties and went down on her. She was shaved and I went right for her clit. I licked and sucked on it till I could see her juices making her wet. It wasn't long before we were fucking.

There was no booze, drugs or anything thing else involved. Just two people fucking and giving it everything they had. From that day forward we had sex after every study date. I even stopped going to parties for a couple of months. I had the woman I wanted in my own room.

The only 'I love you' came during passionate sex. We never talked about being a couple. I honestly don't know if she knew how I felt about her. I knew she talked to Rob since he played ball and she was a cheerleader. What I didn't know was, she was still having sex with him.

I went to one of the last parties of the semester. I wasn't going to go but Tracy told me she was going. I ended up showing up around midnight. I looked around for Tracy and was told she was in one of the other rooms. When I got there she was on the bed and Rob greeted me.

Tracy was having sex with a few of the football players. I was shocked to see Buck, one of the large black linemen pumping away in Tracy. Everyone around her seemed to be having a good time and she kept asking Buck for more.

Rob told me that Tracy said she wanted to go out with a big bang and was getting it. I could go next if I wanted to. I told him that I didn't think so. I tried to act tough but it wasn't easy; inside it was eating at me. I said goodbye to Rob, took a last glance at Tracy and went back to my room.

I never saw Tracy again in college after that party. She called a couple of times but I didn't answer. She graduated and I went on with my life telling myself not to get serious with any girls. It seemed they were all there to party and that's all I would do.

By my junior year I was used to seeing all the sex and even being part of it. A few of the jocks even liked to share their girlfriends. I couldn't count the number of women I'd been with. I had even become a bit of a party animal.

I didn't want to get close to any woman. Everyone I was with knew that I wasn't looking for any attachments. Especially when the women at college were with multiple men. I just couldn't see myself being with them the rest of my life. I figured I'd probably end up alone.

****

After graduation I talked with my dad and he asked me if I would mind working in the Ohio plant. I worked there every summer, learning the ins and outs of the business. I even worked on the assembly lines to get a feel of what we expected from our employees.

I had no problem working there. I knew a number of the employees and it was a good work force. I received my degree in Engineering and worked with upgrading the equipment. Lily, who has been with the firm for over twenty years, was my secretary. I put a lot of trust in her.

She was married with three kids. One was about to start college, another in high school and the youngest in middle school. I met her husband a number of times and they had the kind of marriage I thought about when I was younger.

I kept busy with my job as well as taking night classes to get a Masters degree in Engineering Marketing. I knew that some day I would be the plant manager here. Roy Wilson would be retiring in five years, and most everyone knew I was probably next in line to take his place.

I would see my family fairly often. We were only two hundred miles apart. The holidays were a bit rough for me. Whenever I went home, my brother always seemed to have a new girlfriend to introduce to me. My sister was already married and she seemed happy. I often wondered if she was at all wild while attending college. It wasn't something she ever talked about.

Bob on the other hand would tell you about most all his sexual adventures. He thrived on it. I probably had as much sex as he did but I never talked about it. I liked being known as the geek younger brother.

My parents would always ask me why I never brought any girls home for them to meet. It happened every Thanksgiving and most times at Christmas and New Year's.

A holiday didn't go by without them asking me if I had girlfriends or dated. Why didn't I bring anyone home for them to meet? I tried to explain to them that I did date but I wasn't that close to anyone to invite them to meet my family. If I ever found the right woman, I would be sure to invite her to Thanksgiving dinner or whatever other holiday was near.

This went on for years. Mom tried to play matchmaker a few times but it didn't work out. The women were all nice but I didn't feel the sparks or any sort of love for the women.

When I came home a few times Bob wanted to double date. I have to say I always had a pretty good time with the blind dates because if they knew Bob then I knew I would be getting laid.

I was now having sort of another problem. The women I dated knew about the company and my family's financial status. Now I had to wonder if they dated me for who I was or my bank balance. I can't knock any woman for looking out for her future, but if I married, I wanted it to be for love. I guess I'm old fashioned that way.

The following Thanksgiving I went home and got the surprise of my life. Bob brought home his latest girlfriend and it was Tracy. She smiled at me and gave me a hug. Apparently she mentioned to Bob that she had met me at State.

I had no idea what she had told him so I played it along the friendship line and we talked about me helping her with her homework.

"Dan, it's so go to see you again. I work in an insurance firm, and one day I met Bob and I couldn't believe it when he told me his brother went to State. So, how have you been? Bob said you work in the Ohio plant."

"Yep, I'm an engineer in the plant. I really like it there. I did get my degrees and everything is going well for me."

"Are you dating anyone?" asked Tracy.

"You sound like my family. They ask me the same thing every time I come home for the holidays," I replied.

"I figured you would be married by now. There were a lot of girls that liked you at State," remarked Tracy.

"You're kidding me," Bob jumped in. "You never told us you dated. I thought all you did was hit the books. In fact Tracy said if it wasn't for you she might not have graduated."

"Tracy did fine. She just had a couple of problems with a few subjects."

"So, what about this dating scene Tracy mentioned? Did you meet anyone special that you're not telling us about?" asked Bob; even Mom was sitting there interested.

"There was one girl that I fell for but she didn't feel the same way I did. We dated for a couple of months my sophomore year but it ended when I saw her with other guys at a party. She wasn't ready to be with one guy, I guess."

I saw the look on Tracy's face. She knew she was the woman I was talking about. I didn't want her to feel uncomfortable so I asked Bob how he was doing.

"I'm doing great." He put his arms around Tracy. "In fact, Tracy and I are getting married in February. I want you to be my best man." He was grinning from ear to ear. I was dumbfounded.

Mom and Dad had already known. I had to wonder if I should mention anything about having sex with Tracy or the fact I watched her getting gang banged. Should I keep this a secret from my brother? Mom was extremely happy Bob was getting married and I know it would hurt her. Mom broke the thought when she told us all it was now time to eat. I did feel a bit odd sitting across from a woman I had sex with a number of times, and now she was marrying my brother.

I did get a chance to talk to Tracy alone later in the evening. She told me she was sorry if she had hurt me but she didn't know that I cared for her that much. She did tell me that she was falling for me but knew it wouldn't last, seeing she was graduating. I told her I had seen her in her gang bang and she had tears in her eyes.

"Please don't tell Bob. I really do care for him. If he finds out he probably won't marry me."

"I take it he doesn't know we made love either, does he?"

"God no! He must never know. He gets jealous when he sees other men even talk to me. He's doing better and I know I can make him happy."

"You have my word I'll never say anything other than we studied together. I do have to tell you that you really did break my heart, but I'm it over now."

She hugged me, and moments later Bob came in the room. Luckily we were apart at the time. "Well, are you my best man or not?"

"Yes, I'll be there for you and for Tracy. I wish you both the best."

"I expect you to bring a date of your own. You have three months to find someone." He started laughing.

****

When I got back to the plant after Thanksgiving Lily asked me how it went. I told her I had a nice time and even ran in to an old friend. I told her Bob was getting married in February and I was the best man.

"Why so gloomy? Anything I can do?" asked Lily.

I told her that I was expected to have a date for the wedding. I explained to her even though I dated some, that it wasn't the type of women I would want to take to my brother's wedding or introduce as a possible girlfriend. I've just never met what I always called that special woman.

"That's because you don't date women that you would want to end up with. I think you're afraid of commitment. We have a lot of nice looking women here at the firm but you have never even dated one of them."

I could always talk to Lily as though she was my mom or near best friend. "Lily, I told myself when I started here that I wouldn't date employees. Work place romances can really turn out bad."

"You're right, but there have been a lot of good ones too. I guess it's how honest you are up front. You're a great guy and a have lot to offer any woman. Try dating the kind of woman you would like to be with and forget about your lounge girlfriends." She smiled at me, knowing I went out with a lot of dancers and a few professional people.

I often took escorts to sales events and business dinners. I knew I would never get serious about them. I guess the real fight I was having about dating was with myself.

When other people were around Lily always talked professionally. "Mr. Welling, Mr. Adams is verifying the dinner engagement for Thursday night. He asked if it was all right to bring his wife?"

I told her to tell him it was fine. Afterwards, I mentioned I needed an escort. If he was taking his wife I should have a date.

"Bob, Mr. Adams is a big account. His wife is a big church member. I don't think an escort will cut it this time. If I'm not mistaken isn't this meeting about on time shipping of products?"

"Yes is it. A few months ago he received three late deliveries. We let the assistant shipping manager go because of way too many errors."

"I know we hired a new person that has just been here two weeks. She spent two weeks in Michigan learning the shipping requirements. Harold, head of shipping, said she is already doing a great job and has a great on-time delivery rate. Why don't you ask her to go with you to the business dinner?"

"Who is she and why haven't I met her?"

"Her name is Laura Ames. The reason you haven't met her is because you took a week off for Thanksgiving. Would you like me to ask her to come up to the office or would you prefer to take Harold to dinner?"

"Ha-ha, just ask her if she would come up to my office. I'll ask her about the meeting. By the way, how is she to look at? I mean, crap, you know what I mean." I had to watch out for political correctness. I don't like it when I can't be totally honest with people but I guess it's what we're supposed to do.

"Dan, just for the record she has red hair and is beautiful." Lily laughed as she walked out of my office.

Just after lunch a woman came to my office. "Mr. Welling? I'm Laura Ames, I was told that you wanted to see me."

I stared at her a bit too long. I think I made her uncomfortable but Lily's description of her was right on. This woman was in a business suit and still looked sexy to me. Maybe I hadn't been out enough lately.

"Mr. Welling, is there a problem?" she asked.

Regaining my composure, I told her I was sorry; I was thinking about something else. "Please come in and sit down." I reached out and shook her hand.

I was surprised to see a wedding ring on her left hand. I wondered if Lily knew she was married. Maybe she just thought Laura would be an asset on this account, seeing she worked in shipping.

"Is it all right for me to call you Laura or would you prefer Mrs. Ames?"

"Laura's fine." She smiled at me. "Do you prefer Mr. Welling or Dan?"

"Dan is fine. Sometimes in business I'm obligated to be more formal. I guess you are wondering why I asked you to my office."

"Lily said it had something to do with my job. Am I doing something wrong?"

"God no! Just the opposite. I talked with Harold and he said you have already instituted some major changes in the short time you've been here. I was wondering if you would have dinner with me and a client Thursday night."

"Dan, I'm not dating at the present time... I'm sorry...."

"I don't really mean a date. This is a business dinner with Mr. and Mrs. Adams. He's the account we almost lost due to late deliveries. I thought you might be able to explain the new procedures you have set up."

"Oh, I'm sorry; I feel kind of embarrassed. Of course I will go since it's company business."

"Are you sure your husband will be all right with it? It is only business, not that you wouldn't be a nice date if you weren't married. I'm sorry, I often put my foot in my mouth."

Laura laughed. "Dan, I should tell you that my husband was killed last year in Afghanistan by a land mine. I wear my wedding ring so I don't get hit on; it doesn't always deter some men."

"I'm so sorry. I promise not to do anything that would make you uncomfortable. No touching, holding hands, or anything that you deem improper." I was very serious, I wanted her to feel comfortable with me.

Laura started laughing. "Why are you laughing?" I asked.

"It's just that I never had a date where a man promised me in advance that he would totally keep hands off and no sexual innuendoes. It's nice in one way that I can trust you but not very flattering in another."

We made our arrangements for Thursday evening. I told Lily that Laura was quite the looker and seemed very smart.

"She graduated from Ohio State with a degree in Marketing. Just so you know more about her, why don't you ask her to lunch tomorrow. I don't think you want any surprises when you are with the Adams's."

I wasn't sure what Lily was doing but I would have no problem having lunch with Laura. I called her desk and her voice really sounded nice.

"Laura, this is Dan Welling. I just talked with my secretary, Lily, and she suggested we have lunch tomorrow and go over what we might tell Mr. Adams and his wife. Do you have a problem having lunch with me? It's just a lunch business date."

I could feel the sound of her smiling through the phone as she agreed to lunch the following day. When I went down to shipping I got a number of looks from some of the employees. I said hi to many that I knew. When I walked into the shipping office there was Laura getting her coat. She looked great.

I helped her with her coat and told Harold we might be a few minutes late getting back. We were discussing the Adams' account. I tried to be the gentlemen and opened the door for Laura. Some of the female employees stared at her as we were leaving. Most employees knew I never dated anyone from the business. It was just something that went through the rumor mill.

We went to a nice restaurant and sat near the back so we could talk. After ordering lunch we talked. I asked Laura if she would tell me a little about her life and about college and how she ended up coming to our plant.

DG Hear
DG Hear
5,675 Followers