Just a Kiss

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Drew looked up at the ceiling his chest heaving. He cherished the feel of Liam's body against his. "Liam there's something you should know. I lied... I love you. I always have and I always will. The only thing I could think of when I thought of home was being in your arms." Drew had laid his soul bare. He felt truly naked and venerable.

Liam's cock chose that moment to slip out from inside Drew. He rolled off to the side mimicking Drew's pose looking at the ceiling "Drew, I... I'm..."

"No, don't say it. It wouldn't feel real; I don't want to be a pity fuck or a consolation prize. I just wanted you to know. I love you even if you don't or never will feel the same. Lets just take it one step at a time." Drew tried to hide the lie from his voice. He turned and lay his head on Liam's strong chest wrapping is arm around the love of his life. Quickly falling asleep. Liam sighed to himself and fell asleep as well.

**

Drew took one last look at Liam asleep on his bed as he threw his duffle over his shoulder. He placed a note on the bedside table before quickly sneaking out of the room. He quietly closed the door behind him and let out a deep sigh. He knew that this would be hard but he also knew that this would be for the best. He couldn't continue to live in denial and whilst Liam had said all the right things he couldn't bear to face him this morning. At least he had this one perfect memory to carry with him for the rest of his life. As he walked out the front door and got into the cab he silently wept promising this was the last time he would cry over Liam.

**

Liam turned in his sleep reaching for Drew. When he couldn't find that warm body that had been pressed to his all night he woke up. He immediately scanned the room and when he noticed the white envelope beside the bed he felt a lump form in his throat. He reached for it with shaking hands and with a flash of fear he began to read.

Liam,

I don't even know where to begin to write this. I'm looking at you lying in MY bed asleep and it brings a smile to my face; but at the same time it also brings heaviness to my heart to have to do this.

I love you. If you take nothing else from this please just know that there will never be another love like yours in my lifetime. I have always loved you and I will love you until the last breath leaves my body. Every other event from now on is merely a bonus to the events of last night. Last night when you told me that you needed me to see you claiming my body and soul I almost wept because you've always had them, from as long as I can remember you were all I ever wanted. I also realised how selfish I was being because you could never truly be mine. I have to set you free, I want nothing more than your happiness and by my side you would be settling for less than that.

So I have to leave. I hope that you don't hate me for doing this but I don't think I could have faced you this morning; waiting for you to say that last night was some kind of mistake. Or worse, you wanted more and I wasn't enough. I will always remember the magic of last night and hopefully, even though right now the thought makes me sick, I will find a man to love me that's just like you.

I hope that your dreams in life come true, because last night the last and seemingly most impossible of my dreams came true. For you to look into my eyes with all the love I felt reflected back. You made me feel complete and if only for a brief moment I allowed myself to think that this could be forever; but in the harsh daylight I see that I was fooling myself.

I want you to know that you have done nothing wrong. You've been nothing but yourself and tried to do the right thing. I wish I could crawl back into bed and steal one last kiss from you, but I don't think I'll ever be able to leave if I do. You will always be in my head and my heart.

Yours always and forever,

Drew

Liam sat on the bed frozen like a statue. He needed to think, but time was against him.

**

The whole way to the airport Drew was quiet. Mel knew that something major had happened last night between Drew and Liam and she was genuinely concerned; but she would have to wait until Drew was ready to talk to her. As they pulled up to he airport Drew turned around and smiled at them "You ready?" he asked; but Mel knew it was more to himself than anything else.

"Drew are you sure you're okay?" she whispered to him as they were waiting in the line to check in.

"Sure" he replied a little tensely "I finally had the closure I needed. Liam will never feel the same and I'm okay with that now." He sighed.

An awkward silence fell between them, nobody knowing what to say. As they reached the front Mel and Kevin went ahead through the gates knowing that Drew needed time and space to think things through and whilst Mel wished there was something she could do or say she knew Drew well enough when not to push the subject. They all found their seats and got ready for take off.

Drew was sitting in a window seat staring out the window trying not to let thoughts of Liam and last night from invading his mind. He wasn't doing a good job of it because everything reminded him of Liam now. He could still feel the tingle of Liam on his lips. He loosened his scarf that had covered his hickey. As juvenile as the mark on his body he couldn't forget the reaction he had when he saw it in the mirror this morning.

"Drew! Drew!" he was torn from his memories at the sound of his name. He looked up to see Liam rushing towards him. He froze in place. He hadn't expected to see Liam again, and he looked pissed off. "What the hell is wrong with you?" Liam screamed drawing the attention of the other passengers. Drew blanched with fear. "I told you last night, I am never letting go of you again!" Liam shouted

"Liam please..." Drew begged "Not here. I can't do this." He pleaded

"Then why'd I have to wake up in your bed alone this morning with this?" he accused holding up the letter. "Do you think so little of me that you had to run? I thought you knew me better than that. Last night was the most incredible night of my life, when we were joined as one I thought you'd get it. I thought you would understand what I've been trying to tell you the whole time you've been here."

Drew blushed as he heard a few gasps and whispers knowing they were directed at him and Liam. "I... I just couldn't..." he tried.

"God, are you that dense?" Liam shook his head. "Last night after we made love, yes love" Liam stated looking at Drew's shocked eyes "I was trying to tell you that after you left I couldn't marry Jessica. I realised that she didn't really have my heart. You did. You're the love of MY life. I just thought I wasn't good enough for you; but I NEVER, not for one second, stopped loving you." Liam exclaimed. "I thought I made it clear enough when..."

"You love me?" Drew interrupted, tears forming in his eyes.

"Of course I do. I would never do you any wrong, why would I lie to you? What do you need me to do to prove it?" Liam asked. Having thought this through he had prepared just that before he got to the airport, and Drew was falling for his trap.

"Yes! How can I believe anything you say, you're straight! You would have married Jessica had I stayed at your side! I need to know this is real!"

"What do you want then?" Liam mock sighed.

"I need some form of commitment. I have a career and a life in New York I can't give up. If you want me... come with me."

"Already done." Liam grinned at Drew's shocked expression. "What did you think I was doing on the plane?"

"Well I, um..." Drew began

"Since I've already decided to do what you asked; I need you to prove you love me." Liam responded

"Huh?" Drew looked puzzled.

"Marry me." Liam answered getting on one knee right in the isle "I don't want another man to so much as look at you the wrong way. As I said last night you belong to me body and soul. I just want to make it official because I can't spend one more day or night without you."

Drew went beet red. He looked to Mel and Kevin who were grinning like idiots. He looked into Liam's eyes and saw the love and sincerity there; Drew could do nothing but nod his acceptance.

Liam pulled a ring box out of his pocket. "Seeing as we're engaged but your not a woman I thought it might be appropriate that you wear this" he said opening the box "you know that this belonged to my grandfather. It was his wedding band and the ruby was the first stone he ever found in his mine. He wanted my grandmother as a present for the birth of my father, but she had complications in her pregnancy. When she went into labour she knew she wouldn't survive and told him to put the stone in his wedding band. She said it was a symbol of her heart, which she said would always be his. Well I want you to wear this knowing that you have my heart now and forever." Liam finished as he slipped the ring onto Drew's finger.

Drew pulled Liam up on top of him and kissed him like his life depended on it; ignoring the whoops and cheers as they made out like a couple of horny teenagers.

"You tricked me!" Drew realised "You knew that if you came after me I would want more!"

"Of course I did baby." Liam winked "I needed you bound to me forever and it was easier to think you were forcing me to make a commitment; but honestly I would have done pretty much anything you wanted."

"Anything?" Drew asked with an evil twinkle in his eyes "You ever wanted to join the mile high club?" he whispered seductively into Liam's ear.

Liam groaned and closed his eyes, licking his lips in anticipation.

**

Drew lay there in bed as the moonlight shone through the gap in the curtains illuminating Liam with a heavenly glow. He traced his hand up his husbands back noticing how his wedding band and engagement ring shone with an iridescent glow as the moonlight hit them. He sighed as he leaned forward and kissed Liam's shoulder. Liam stirred looking over his shoulder at Drew.

"Baby is everything alright?" he mumbled his brain still foggy from sleep.

"No, I was just thinking how I was the luckiest man in the world." Drew smiled

"Make that second luckiest" Liam retorted reaching out and wrapping his body around Drew.

"Lets call it a tie then." Drew relented placing a sloppy kiss on Liam's mouth.

THE END