Just a Story Ch. 02

Story Info
Big ball game; celebrating Laura's birthday with sex.
10.2k words
4.67
29.1k
12

Part 2 of the 6 part series

Updated 07/02/2023
Created 01/19/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The chronological order of my stories is now listed in WifeWatchman's biography.

Feedback and constructive criticism is very much appreciated, and I encourage feedback for ideas.

This story contains graphic scenes, language and actions that might be extremely offensive to some people. These scenes, words and actions are used only for the literary purposes of this story. The author does not condone murder, racial language, violence, rape or violence against women, and any depictions of any of these in this story should not be construed as acceptance of the above.

Part 5 - Game On!

(For 'Loving Wives' aficionados: this story is part of a series, and might not make sense if you have not read that series up to now. The titles are listed in WifeWatchman's biography. This story is just an interlude, a bridge between Iron Crowbar mystery stories. More mysteries for you to solve are coming soon. WW.)

"She is going to be pissed." said Gayle Roberts, who was Dr. Laura Fredricson's personal assistant. It was Friday morning, October 28th, and she was in Laura's office with the lovely black Nurse Jones, Lt. Bill Hanson of the Campus Police, and several Campus Police Officers.

Laura's office, and the medical clinic that was attached to her office, had been broken into the night before, and totally ransacked. The drawers to Laura's desk had been forced open, probably by a crowbar, and the cabinet that Joanne Cummings Warner had hidden in to kill some perps the previous June 22d had also been pried open and the contents scattered.

"I'll call Tanya Perlman, and get her Crime Lab team here." said Lt. Hanson.

"I've already called them, sir." said Officer Tarleton, who was young but sharp and promising.

"Good." said Hanson. "Ladies, after the Crime Lab goes through, see if you can determine what, if anything is missing. You might check on any drugs that were in the clinic."

"I already did, sir." said Nurse Jones. "Yes, I wore gloves and didn't touch much. Dr. Fredricson didn't keep very much here at all, but everything she had was taken."

"We'll have to ask her exactly what she had on hand," said Gayle Roberts, "which likely is in her laptop computer. And she takes that home every day."

"Where is Dr. Fredricson now?" asked Lt. Hanson.

"She was taking this half-week off, for her husband's birthday." said Gayle. "They went out of Town. I'll try to contact her."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

At 1:00pm on Friday, October 28th, I strode into Police Headquarters, wearing civilian clothes, my badge on my belt, and my gun under my armpit under my sportscoat. There was some surprise at my presence, which was expressed out loud by Cindy Ross and Chief Moynahan.

"Y'all didn't hear?" I asked. "My wife's office was broken into and ransacked. She got the call this morning, so we drove on back. Good thing, too; I was getting tired of vacationing."

"Uh huh." said Cindy. "Chief, this man went to a secluded cabin with three drop-dead gorgeous women. No wonder he's tired."

"I don't wanna know, I don't wanna know." said the Chief affably. "Seriously, I had not heard about that break-in. Doesn't your wife's office have burglar alarm protection?"

"Yes it does." said a voice behind me. My wife Laura was walking in. "Hello Chief, hello Cindy. "I came to discuss this break-in with my husband, whose expertise is sorely needed."

"Chief, shall I continue to be on vacation and go look in on my wife's office?" I asked.

"Of course you should." replied the Chief. "And if Captain Ross decides to stretch her legs on her lunch break with a walk on our University's beautiful Campus, I'll understand..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Entering Laura's office, we saw Gayle cleaning up. Nurse Jones was in the clinic, also cleaning up. Sitting in her wheelchair next to Laura's desk was SBI Lt. Tanya Perlman. Lt. Hanson of the Campus Police was near the clinic door.

"Captain, issue Lt. Perlman a citation for driving that tank without a license plate." I said kiddingly as I came up to Tanya. She broke out of her reverie and smiled her cherubic smile as I gave her a hug.

"Hi, handsome." she said. "Sorry about this mess. If Dr. Fredricson can give us a list of any and all drugs that were in the clinic, I'll be grateful."

"No problem." Laura said as she put her laptop on her desk and hooked it up. A moment later she handed Tanya the printed list. I was talking with Lt. Hanson while that was going on.

"No, my guys didn't give you the normal courtesy call." said Hanson, in reply to my inquiry. "We knew you'd find out about it soon enough, since it's your wife's office."

"I don't suppose you're getting pressure to not contact us." I said, not letting Hanson off the hook.

"Not much gets by you, Commander." said Hanson quietly. "The SBI people are being even bigger dicks than they normally are. Some of it is political, and the governor's race is involved. Some of it is sheer arrogance. I do wish you still had that position with the Campus Police, which would bypass them"

"What I do have," I said, "is the best crime scene analyst in the State working in the State Crime Lab." I said. I turned my attention to Tanya.

"Thank you, Doctor." said Tanya, as Laura handed her more information that had just printed from the printer. "Any idea who might want to break in and clean you out like this?"

"No, not really." said Laura. Since I sleep with Laura almost every night, I could see in her eyes that she was lying like Bowser in his basket at the foot of Carole's bed. She looked up at me, and she knew that I had read her face like an open book.

"What's the damage?" I asked. Laura went to the clinic and looked around, then she came back and looked into the nursery area that was behind the wall behind her desk. It had also been ransacked.

"Pretty complete." Laura said. "They were looking for something, and not just the drugs in the clinic."

"Anything addictive?" Tanya said, even as she perused the list, "any Schedule V or stronger narcotics?"

"Just some Schedule IV and V painkillers." Laura said. "And they were locked up. The thieves pried open the refrigerator they were in, and just took everything inside."

"What about the equipment back there?" I asked.

"Nurse Jones and Gayle both said it looked like nothing was taken." said Tanya. "Some stuff may have been damaged if it was thrown around."

After a moment, Tanya said "I'll head back to the State Crime Lab Building. Please give me a call if you find anything... or if the Iron Crowbar figures this thing out in the next few minutes."

"I'll come with you." said Hanson. "Not much else for me to see here. I'd appreciate it if you give me a call if you find anything."

"I'll do that." I said to them. After they left, I looked around the various rooms. I spoke with Nurse Jones for a few minutes as I looked around the clinic. Laura was lucky; the perps could've stolen or destroyed hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of equipment, but they (assuming plural) had not.

"Okay, honey," I said to Laura, "I'm not sure there is anything else we can do here. What do you want to do?"

"I'll stay and clean up, and I'll call you to come get me when we're done." Laura said. With that, Cindy and I excused ourselves to return to Headquarters.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

As Cindy and I drove back to Police Headquarters, I said "What did you think of that?"

"Reminded me very strongly of the Westboro break-in." said Cindy. "Perps were after something, and you did say at the time that your wife's office might be a target."

"Yes, I thought of the Westboro and Cook break-ins, too." I said.

"Perfect timing, too." Cindy said. "You and Laura were gone."

"And she'd given Gayle the days off, as well." I said. "So that timing is not a coincidence, of course."

"Wouldn't want to get the Iron Crowbar riled up with coincidences, now would we?" Cindy said, meaning it jokingly, but saying it with asperity.

"Yeah, let's set these tenpins up." I said, thinking out loud to get my mental ducks in a row. "Someone knew Laura and I were gone, and likely knew Gayle had the days off, as well. Someone knew the alarm code, or how to defeat it... and take my very expert word for it, that alarm system is not standard and is not easily defeated. And someone had a definite idea what he, she, or they were looking for."

"Which was?"

"Drugs of some kind." I said. "They took every drug they found, even the aspirin, thinking Laura might've hidden something more sophisticated in 'plain sight', so to speak. It was definitely chemicals that they were after."

When we got to Headquarters, the Chief was not in his office. Cindy practically dragged me into mine... and told me everything that had gone on vis-à-vis Daniel Allgood. I nodded as I absorbed the information.

"So did Daniel suspend the Chief?" I asked.

"Not as of the time you walked in today." Cindy said.

"Okay, thanks for telling me." I said. "We'll have to keep tabs on that."

"In the meantime, you're still off duty, sir." Cindy said, getting up. "Go on home before traffic gets worse. It's already getting bad with the game tomorrow."

"Okay, I will." I said. "Are you going to be at the game as an Officer or as a fan?"

"Oh, as a fan." Cindy said. "I secured great seats with a wealthy alumnus and his girlfriend. You might know the guy; he looks suspiciously like you, but he has black hair."

"Todd gets all the girls." I said, grinning. "Seduces them with tickets. Have fun, until the final score, of course."

"What are you going to do?" Cindy asked.

"I've been invited to the Wildcats' President's box." I said. "I'm taking Theo and Franklin, since their cousin Jamaal Washington is a receiver for the Wildcats, and Teddy Parker promised to root for the Wildcats if I took him."

"I'll rub it into his face too, then." Cindy said.

"Vee shall see who rubs vat into whooz faze." I said in my best 'German' accent.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Saturday, October 29th. In the light of the early morning, I stood on the deck of the Cabin, looking down at the University. I could see the large crowd and hear cheers and roars: 'ESPN College Gameday' had come to Town, and they were doing their show from the Quad at the bottom of the hill directly below my home.

I got on my Police radio and checked in with the Duty Desk; they said everything was going smoothly. The plan for getting a hundred thousand people into Town, around Town, and out of Town at the end of the day had been refined and practiced and used for several years now. It was working as well as any college campus town in the country, I thought to myself.

"Good morning, darling." said Laura as she came outside. She was wearing a white dress with blue trim and highlights, and high heel pumps that were darker blue than the University's colors, but lighter than navy blue. She looked hot, and I had nasty thoughts of taking her back to bed and fucking her sexy brains out.

"Hello, Beautiful." I said. "You must've dressed in the dark; you have the wrong colors on."

Laura smiled, a somewhat sarcastic smile. "I'll be in the University President's booth with all those boosters and the Regents. Think Tom Riordan will make a pass at me?"

"He should." I said. "He can't do better than you. Of course, he couldn't even keep his own smoking hot wife, so I dunno if he can even get it up." Laura giggled; Tom Riordan's wife Janet was drop-dead gorgeous, but they had divorced. "So how is Janet doing in California?" I asked.

"Good." Laura said. "She likes it out there, but she says the guys are better at bragging on themselves than actually fucking, unlike here where you studs talk the talk and walk the walk. So where will you be?"

"In the Wildcats' President's box." I said. "I'm a bit surprised how well I've become known by them."

"Oh my darling," Laura said, "you are the talk of the Conference... and half the country. You might be surprised at how famous you're becoming."

"I hope not." I said. "I only want to be famous with my wonderful family. And speaking of which..."

Carole had come out to the deck, followed by two dogs that scooted around the corner and towards their trail to go do their business. I picked up my daughter and kissed her cheek. "Good morning, Carole." I said. "Who are we rooting for today?"

"Wildcats!" Carole yelled out happily.

"That's my girl!" I said, kissing her cheek again. Laura's face was a mixture of amusement and disdain, but she let it ride.

"Okay, dear." I said as the dogs came back, "when you're ready to go, I'll drive you to where you need to be in my Police SUV. There will be no getting around Town or Campus any other way..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The road from The Cabin leads down the side of the mountain and between the State Crime Lab building and the Stadium's outer fence. As we got down to it, I was stopped by Sergeant Rudistan.

"Sorry, sir," he said, "but I have orders that only Bulldog fans can pass through this road. I got those orders from Captain Ross personally."

"Oh really?" I asked. "So Captain Ross personally gave those orders, eh? I thought she was smarter than that. Sounds like she needs some extended desk duty, don't you think?"

"I dunno, sir." Rudistan jovially replied. "She said that if I let any Wildcat fans pass through, I'd be required to get more 'range time'." I burst out laughing at that one.

"But seeing as you're transporting the best looking professor on campus, sir," said Rudistan, "I think I'll have to let you get by today."

"You're right, she is the best looking professor on campus." I said, making Laura smile. "And we'll just let Captain Ross serve that 'range time' sentence..."

As we drove on, I noticed Laura's amused face. "Yes," I said, "it's good to be the Police Commander..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

It was college football at its best. Fans poured in, setting up tailgate tents all over campus. The TCPD had put out a ton of signs warning people where they should not park; nevertheless, the tow trucks had a busy and profitable day.

The stadium was jam-packed. We were in the club-level Visiting President's box, and I was wearing my red Wildcats jersey with my favorite number, '86', which had been given to me as a gift by the Wildcats Army ROTC cadets when they came to march in my second-Medal-of-Valor parade the previous summer. I'd invited Melina, but she said she would be out of Town today, most unfortunately. So the Washingtons and Teddy Parker were my lucky guests today.

The Wildcats were wearing white jerseys with black numerals, gold pants with red and black trim, gold helmets with the oval logo in red and black. When they ran out onto the field, the rather partisan Bulldog crowd yelled "Dog food!" at them.

Then the roar increased considerably as the home team Bulldogs ran out in their royal blue jerseys with white numerals, silver pants with blue trim, and silver helmets with a blue 'U' (like the Miami of Florida 'U').

Toe met leather as the Bulldogs kicked off to the Wildcats to start the game. And it quickly became clear that the Bulldogs remembered last year's 70-0 beatdown, and would not be allowing such a humiliation again. After two first downs, the Wildcats had to punt. As the punter got the ball, the rushing Bulldogs swarmed him. I was listening to Wildcats Radio on my little clear earpiece...

"And the punter is rushed and it's blocked! The Bulldogs scoop it up and run it back for a touchdown! The Bulldog players are mobbing in the endzone... and there goes the entire team off the sideline! Yellow flags are flying as the Bulldogs celebrate!"

The Bulldogs were penalized for the massive celebration, but the fans did not care; they were screaming and cheering just as wildly. In our box, it was more somber. "Looks like it might be a long day." I whispered to Theo. He just nodded.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"And the field goal try is good!" said the Wildcats announcer. "Fifty-eight yards to end the half. It's 7-6 Bulldogs in one of the toughest defensive battles I've ever seen. Neither team wants to give up a yard, much less a score."

The color analyst said "Except for that early celebration penalty, there have been no penalties by either team today. Very clean play by both sides."

"Both teams are well-disciplined." said the announcer. "Unlike those thugs at State Tech, who seem to delight in hurting other team's players. State Tech is playing Protestant today, and Protestant is winning 14-3 late in the fourth quarter. This could be State Tech's last year in this Conference..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"And it's 13-10 Wildcats, eight minutes to go in the fourth quarter, and Appletree is stopped for another loss." said the announcer. "The Freshman sensation running back has been held in check today, held to only 23 yards rushing. The Bulldogs just will not let him get to the corner, and they have bottled up the interior line. The Wildcats are lining up to punt..."

"Oh crap!" I yelled out, seeing the weakness in the Wildcats punt formation. Sure enough, the Bulldogs exploited it. Per the radio announcer:

"And there's the snap and--- the Bulldogs are crashing in! They've blocked it again! They're running it down the field, and it's another touchdown for the Dogs! My goodness, what has happened to the Wildcats' special teams today?"

As the extra point was kicked, nearly 90,000 Bulldogs fans were loudly jeering "Punt Cats Punt!" Soon, they were shouting it in rhythm, and "Punt Cats Punt!" was all we heard during the all-too-long timeout-for-television. It was 17-13, the Bulldogs in the lead...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"And with one minute and three seconds left," said the announcer, "the Bulldogs have punted, and the Wildcats will have the ball at their own 34-yard-line. The Bulldogs crowd is roaring against the Cats, it's incredibly loud in the stadium. Appletree has only 44 yards rushing today, every yard earned in sweat and blood."

"And the pass over the middle is... dropped! The Freshman receiver Washington was hit hard as he caught it, and he could not hold on... he gets up slowly and goes to the sidelines. Second down, and they hand it off to Appletree, who slants left off-tackle. He's met right there at the line. No gain! The crowd is going nuts, they can smell it. Fifty-four seconds left, and the Wildcats are not using their last timeout. Seventeen-to-thirteen Bulldogs as Washington comes in with the play, and the Wildcats line up, forty-six seconds to go...

"And the quarterback pitches it out to Appletree who is running right. They're trying to get him outside the ferocious Bulldogs pursuit, but here they come and... wait! Appletree is stopping! He's going to pass the ball! Oh my God, Washington is streaking wide open down the middle, and Appletree has thrown a bomb!... OH MY GOD!!"

The loudest sound ever recorded by a television network occurred when the football touched Washington's hands, and the seismograph at the University's Geology Department recorded a small earthquake. The whole stadium erupted as one as the Freshman receiver pulled it in, running in full stride. He outran the Bulldogs defenders to the endzone and tossed the ball to the official before sprinting to the sideline near the endzone, so that the mob of Wildcat players might not get a celebration penalty. No such luck, the flags flew anyway as Washington was buried under a pile of white and gold and red.

I noticed all this on television replays later. When Washington scored, his cousins Theo and Franklin were mobbing me, pretty much tackling me to the floor. It was a dogpile as other Wildcat alumni joined in the celebration. When they finally got up, the ROTC Commandant helped me to get back up, and I hugged him and he hugged me back in celebration. This moment was just as exhilarating as the National Title game the previous January...