Just a Story Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yes sir." I said, knowing something was up. Della also acknowledged the instruction.

We were in our formal uniforms with medals, of course. The TCPD ceremonies would start at 8:30am. As Della and I left the Chief's office, we saw Teresa Croyle coming up the hallway. Della extended her arm, offering Teresa a couple of plastic sleeves.

"Your Captain's badge and rank insignia." Della said. Teresa took the sleeves, trying to remain stoic.

"Congratulations, Captain." I said. "Who are you going to have put your bars on your shoulders?"

"Cindy and Todd." Teresa said.

"Good." I said. "Put the badge on now. The ranks will be pinned on during the ceremony." As Teresa put her Captain's badge on her jacket, I could not help but notice the Police Cross medal hanging over her right side pocket. It might not rank as high as a Medal of Valor, but it was a beautiful medal...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

There was some surprise as Janice Holloway was brevetted to Lieutenant in the Personnel & Records Department. Patrolmen McGhillie and Johnson became Senior Patrolmen, as well. And then the big one: to loud applause, Teresa Croyle was promoted to Captain, with all the rights and privileges pertaining thereto.

Todd was not too mischievous as he pinned her rank on one shoulder while Cindy addressed the other shoulder... but Teresa could still be 'Teresa Cunt' when she turned it on, and Todd could not make her break down and laugh.

Then came medals. To my great relief, no one was awarded a Purple Order. Then came some surprises.

Cindy received a Commendation Medal for her part in the capture of the criminal Robert Brownlee. But the big surprise was when Commander Della Harlow was awarded a Police Star of Gallantry for her role in being the 'bait' for the trap that ensnared the criminal Robert Brownlee, and for protecting Mrs. Myrtle L. James.

Then Chief Emeritus Griswold was invited to the podium, and the applause for him was standing and huge as he came up.. He began by asking "Let me lay the groundwork for this next award by asking all of you this political question: are you better off than you were four years ago?" A chorus of 'Yes sir!" came out, somewhat jumbled.

"Let me ask: do you have better training, better equipment? Are you more free of corruption and corrupt influences, and are you able to do your jobs with distinction and without fear of reprisals, of political or public attacks?"

"YES SIR!" shouted the chorus of Officers as one body.

"And the reason for that," said Griswold, "is the young man we are about to honor. Commander Troy has worked as tirelessly as any man I've ever seen to make this Police Force better, to make each of you the best you can be, and to give you the best opportunities to grow and become greater. It is this leadership that makes the Town & County Police Force the very best in the State, if not the country!" There was loud applause.

I was called up, and Chief Moynahan read the proclamation as Chief Griswold pinned the Police Distinguished Service Medal on my jacket. I was stoic about it as I received it. I noticed Todd taking pictures.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The Fire Department ceremonies were at 10:00am. Chief Moynahan, Commander Harlow, and I went to the Fire Range near Fire Department Headquarters, where they had bleachers and held their ceremonies. I remembered the ambush that has snared Jack King in my nets (Author's note: Case of the Black Badge.).

Fire Lieutenant Roy Easley was wearing his Medal of Valor, and took it upon himself to be our chaperone. We took our seats off to one side, and I was trying to be as unobtrusive as possible.

Superintendent Davies was promoted to Assistant Fire Chief, the same rank as mine and Della's. It was at this time I noticed that Sheriff Daniel Allgood had not attended these ceremonies, and such a high-level promotion would've called for his presence.

Then came medals for the Fire Department. There were some Achievement Medals, then Commendation Medals. Then, to my surprise, I heard Fire Chief Quinlin say "We have as our guests Commander Troy and Deputy Chief Harlow from the Police Department. At this time, I'd like to ask them to come up."

Della and I went up, not fully knowing what was going on. Fire Chief Quinlin said "We lost a former firefighter some days ago. Joe Smedley was a brave fireman as well as police officer, and he saved many lives by going into fires without heed to his own safety. Unfortunately, his own life was taken too soon. These Police Officers were instrumental in the capture of that despicable criminal that murdered Joe Smedley. I put them in for Fire Department Commendation Medals, but per law these are upgraded to Public Safety Commendation Medals."

And with that, Della and I were awarded Public Safety Commendation Medals in front of the Fire Department, whose firefighters gave us a good round of applause. The Sheriff really should've been here for this one, I thought to myself.

After we sat back down, Chief Quinlin then brought Public Health Officer Loran T. Michaels out. I noticed the Press really coming in close for this.

"During the attack on Mr. Smedley and others," said Quinlin, "our Fire Marshal, Zoe Singer, tackled Public Health Officer Michaels and covered him. For her brave actions, Mr. Michaels put Fire Marshal Singer in for a medal, and once again as a cross-service award, it will be at the Public Safety level. And so Commander Singer is awarded the Public Safety Star of Gallantry for her actions in protecting and possibly saving the life of Public Health Officer Michaels."

Loran Michaels pinned the award on Zoe as the Fire Department applauded, though that applause might not have been as vigorous as my applause for her. It was well deserved, but it was more: Zoe Singer was the last of the EMTs, so to speak, and still wearing her 'old style' EMS Medal. For her to be awarded in this way was one gesture towards healing the wounds of the past.

And with Loran T. Michaels there, the reason for the Sheriff's non-presence was explained.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Later that day I was asked to come to Della Harlow's office. Also in the room was Captain Susan Weston.

"Captain Weston has a question for us." Della said.

"Okay, shoot." I said. Maybe not the best choice of words, but Captain Weston rarely carried her service weapon.

"Sir," said Captain Weston, peering hard at me, "am I being pushed into the Press Relations role?"

I made a motion as if pulling on a rope. "How about being pulled, kicking and screaming?" I said jokingly. Della laughed out loud. Susan looked like she was going to get sick.

"I'm just kidding, Captain." I said, trying to sound jovial. "My answer is that as far as I know, you are not being pushed into the Public Relations role, but adding it to your regular duties."

"Convinced?" Della asked. It was easy to deduce their recent conversations.

"I just don't want to be boxed in." said Susan. "Being the Press Relations person is having two granite walls moving together to crush me in between them."

"What walls are those?" I asked, sensing the answer.

"The Media on one side... and you on the other, Commander." said Weston. "I'm more worried about saying something that will get you snapping at me than at those lying pricks of the Press."

"Ahhhh," I said, "I see, I see. Well, as Commander Harlow will tell you, I'm just a big ol' teddy bear, and very easy to deal with." I saw Della's eyes widen as I said that, so I continued: "Seriously, all you have to do is speak for the Police Force, not me personally. When the pricks of the Press try to ask you about me personally, just refer them to me personally... which they will hate to hear. Correct them if they try to put words in my mouth, and don't let them bully you. They need you a lot more than you need them."

Captain Weston nodded, but I could see she wasn't greatly mollified. So I said "And by the way, keep your head down and play your cards right, and who knows what promotions might come available to you... and that goes for you too, Commander Harlow."

"What promotions are those?" asked Della.

"Oh, I dunno." I said. "I heard a rumor that there was an Election for a Council seat, and if the Public Health Officer wins, there will arise... vacancies."

I could see the wheels turning in Weston's head as she thought about that...

Part 8 - Celebration

November 1st was a big day for a far more important reason than any Police promotions or medals. It was my wife Laura's birthday. No, you're not supposed to ask, but she was a radiantly beautiful 47 years young.

I picked Laura up early that evening in my Police SUV. Since I was already in formal uniform, all I needed to do was substitute my semi-formal jacket with ribbons. Laura dressed up for dinner in her office.

"We're going to the Chop House for dinner tonight, aren't we?" Laura asked.

"Yes." I said.

"Why are you going the long way around?" she asked.

"Oh, just checking to make sure my Uniformed Officers are doing their jobs." I said, which wasn't wholly false. I was driving down University Avenue towards the main junction with Jefferson Avenue. I went through that intersection, towards Hotel Row. Just before getting there, we passed the car dealerships.

"What's going on there?" I asked. I saw two Police vehicles, blue lights blazing, in the Mercedes dealership. "Let's check this out." I said.

I pulled into the parking lot and over to the side where I saw Cindy and Teresa in front of her SUV, talking to a young man in a button down collared shirt, black slacks, and a red and black striped tie. He obviously worked at this dealership.

"Come on, let's see what they're up to." I said. Laura and I got out of my SUV and went up to them.

"Hi Commander, hi Laura." said Cindy. "Jonathan here says that this vehicle was parked here and has to be moved."

"Oh really?" I said, going up to the silver-gray Mercedes S550 4MATIC Sedan. "Well, I guess the owner better move it, then." I went over to Laura. "Dear, would you mind moving your car?"

"What?!" Laura asked, stunned. Then she noticed my grin as I extended the keys to the car to her. Cindy and Teresa were grinning, having played their parts of the surprise to perfection.

"Happy birthday, honey." I said.

"Shut the front door!" Laura exclaimed, totally stunned. "Are you for real?"

"Yep. It's yours." I said. "Note the license plate." It was a vanity plate, that read 'HOTPROF', a reference to Laura as the hottest professor in the State.

"Aw honey, this is amazing!" Laura said. She turned and wrapped her arms around me and gave me a hard kiss on the lips.

"Aw, get... a... room." I heard Teresa say. I put the keys in Laura's hands and she went over to examine the car, which was a no-shit vehicle in power and technology. Top of the line stuff.

Other dealership staff came out with a cake and everyone sang 'happy birthday' to Laura. Pictures were taken, and finally Laura got behind the wheel with me riding shotgun. Teresa was going to drive my SUV back to Headquarters.

Laura drove the car east to Reservoir Road, up over the mountain on the road that led under The Cabin, back down the hill, then around the bypass... twice. It handled magnificently.

"So, how do you like it?" I asked. "Did I surprise you?"

"Honey..." Laura said, then continued: "You got me, you totally got me on this one. I had no idea this was coming." I just smiled.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

After dinner at the Chop House, Laura let me drive the Mercedes around. The handling was amazing, and the power very tempting to use. As we drove around, Laura said "Let's find a place outside of Town to park. And fuck."

"Okay." I said. "Any particular place?"

"Just out there, somewhere." Laura said. "You saw where I grew up. Nothing but farms and fields. I loved being taken out somewhere by a guy and letting him fuck my brains out in the backseat. I hope we have a towel so we can put it on the backseat."

I drove north, up the road towards Point Hollow. Stopping near the entrance and parking facing back down the road, Laura got out and into the backseat. I had put my gym bag in the trunk, and there was a towel in it. We laid it out on the seat, and the began making out like teenagers.

Laura was hot, her pussy soaking wet. As we kissed, she got my pants opened and fished out my cock through the opening. She bent down and engulfed my cock.

"Mmmmmf!" I gasped. My wife's mouth was hot, wet and wild. My cock lengthened and hardened as she sucked ferociously on it, and soon her head was bobbing up and down and her lips slid tightly up and down the taut shaft.

"Oh geez," I gasped. "God damn! you give good head!" Laura did not bother to respond, but kept fellating me with every bit of ability she possessed.

I knew that I could not hold out if my wife kept this up, so I reluctantly had her stop. She began to shift her body, saying "I'm ready for you now, just climb on and fuck me!" I did so, mounting her as I slid my pants down my thighs. Laura slid herself under me, and grabbed my shaft to position me...

"Oh YES!" Laura gasped as my iron hard cock slid into her pussy until our pelvises collided, balls-deep in sheer ecstasy. I began to rapidly pump my cock in and out of her, treating her as if she were a virgin teenager to be used for my sexual pleasure... and she was loving every minute of it.

The 'new car smell' mingled with the smells and sounds of our mating as we rutted hotly. Our tongues twined as my hands massaged her milk-filled breasts through the cloth of her dress and underwire bra, and I felt her left leg wrap around my leg, her right foot resting on the floorboard. The car was roomy, but still a bit cramped for a 6'4" man fucking a woman nearly as tall.

"Oh yeah, give it to me, give it to me, I gotta have that fucking cock!" my wife gasped as I pumped her hard and deep. I redoubled my efforts, feeling my nut rise, and thankfully Laura was already there. As her pussy clamped down on me, she cried out "I'M COMING!"

As her cunt squeezed my cock, I couldn't hold on. I pushed in hard, burying my meat in her clasping, climaxing cunt, and with a loud groan I began shooting my load into her womanly depths. I pumped my streams of come into her, firing pulse after pulse of molten man-lava into her sopping depths, the sensations of ecstasy overwhelming me...

When I finally caught my breath, I realized that I was lying on top of Laura, my softening cock still inside her. "Well," I gasped, "I guess you're no longer a virgin."

Laura smiled and wrapped her arms around my neck. "Mmmm, thank you, baby." she whispered. "That was an awesome fucking birthday present."

"Almost as good as the car?" I asked.

"The car is going to get you a week of extra blowjobs." Laura said.

Just then we noticed lights flashing across the field to the right of the car, to the left as one approached Point Hollow. We hurriedly got our clothes put back on and sat in the backseat. I got out my Police cellphone.

Sure enough, it was two TCPD Patrol cruisers, coming up to check on us. When they caught sight of the parked car, and an expensive one at that, the blue LED lightbars were switched on, almost blinding in their intensity.

I saw that it was Rudistan and Morton. I texted Rudistan. "It's me in the car, Rudistan."

"Aw, look at this?" Rudistan said, reading the text. I lowered the window.

"What are you guys doing?" I asked. "You trying to be cockblockers, here?"

"Well, if it isn't Commander Troy and his wife." said Rudistan in his usual jovial manner. "It's all right, guys." He came on up. "Commander, we heard of a car up here, and this looks like it could be a drug lord's expensive car, sir."

"It's my birthday gift to my wife." I said. "We're just breaking it in." Laura giggled, and Rudistan was chuckling, too.

"Okay, sir, obviously you're going to have a good night. Let's go, guys." said Rudistan. They got into their cars and left, turning off the blue lights. I knew I was in for some ribbing at the Station.

"Well, that was fun." Laura said. We broke out laughing for a long moment. Then we got into the front seats, with me driving.

As I pulled out, I looked out the window back toward the Point Hollow house. I hit the brakes.

"What is it, darling?" Laura asked.

"I..." I started, then said "I could have sworn I saw a light on in the house over there. Upper right window on the second floor." There were now no lights on in the house.

"I don't see anything." said Laura. "Want to call those guys back to check it out?"

"Nahhh." I said. "It must've been my imagination." I said. I started the car and we pulled out on the road to drive home.

But it wasn't my imagination, I thought to myself. I had seen a light on in that window. As we drove down the road, I felt a chill run down my spine...

To be continued.