Just Another Plain Jane

Story Info
Janet can't keep her clothes on.
5.1k words
4.56
46.9k
60

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/15/2023
Created 02/06/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I have a two part series called "Turning into Jane" that I am finishing, unrelated to this. Even so, it sparked this idea, so I quickly spat it out.

*****

Janet Humphries was fed up. Her job at the law firm had turned into drudgery, filing one stupid, boring brief after another. On top of that, her boyfriend dumped her four months ago and she had yet to experience a decent date since then. Now, her TV was on the fritz and she had nothing to do on a Friday night.

Not that she would do anything tonight, anyway. A thunderstorm was raging furiously outside, and Janet was worried if she might be at risk of losing power. She had been living at her grandfather's house in the country ever since the break-up. Well, it used to be her grandfather's house. He left it to her after he passed, and though Janet wasn't especially close to her grandfather, she was grateful he'd gifted it to her. It probably helped that she was the only surviving family member.

Bored, Janet got up from the couch and started cleaning, dusting the lamps and corners of the room. As she was making her way through the hall, she looked up and noticed the attic stairs latch. "Huh, I haven't been up there," she said to herself. Janet pulled the string and a staircase extended down. Climbing up, Janet saw piles of boxes stacked on both sides of the room. It was decently spacious, and a sub-floor allowed for safe walking, so Janet made her way to the mystery boxes. She opened the first one that caught her attention, one she could tell her grandfather had used most recently, as it had less dust on it than the other boxes.

Janet wasn't sure what to think would be in the box. Tools? Family mementos? Perhaps work-related items? But she certainly didn't expect what she found, especially considering her grandfather was considered such a righteous man. "What the hell?" she whispered to herself.

The box was filled to the brim with books, comics, magazines and video tapes, and they all featured a fictional character named "Jane" who went on many wild adventures. Janet quickly noticed that this character seemed to lose her clothing in every dire circumstance.

Flipping through the pages of comics, this character of Jane lost a dress while being chased by aborigines, she ripped skirts while dodging bullets from gangsters, and she even managed to lose all her clothes on a number of occasions. Janet thumbed through more pages, noticing some adaptations were more risque than others, but the theme was always the same, with Jane losing her clothes at inopportune times.

"What is this?" Jane asked herself. "Gramp's porn collection?"

Just then, Janet heard the front doorbell. "Who could that be?" she asked herself, putting the books and magazines away, before darting out of the attic, and scrambling down the ladder. As she was about halfway down, Janet's blouse caught on the spring hinge. When she jumped the last few steps to the floor, it ripped the material from her left breast pocket, all the way to the bottom button, exposing the bottom half of her full, round breast. Considering she wasn't wearing a bra at the moment, it would have been quite a sight, had there been any witnesses.

The doorbell rang three more times, followed by loud, rapid knocking. "Just a second!" Janet called out, almost laughing from the irony of her ripped blouse, after reading her Grandpa's fetish material. The doorbell rang twice again, with more frantic knocking. Someone with a deep voice was crying out.

"Jesus, alright, already!" Janet huffed. She lifted the torn material and held it in place with her left hand. It covered everything and would have to do, she thought. She rushed down the hall, through the living room and to the door, peaking out the window first. A tall man was holding a beaten, broken umbrella. He was soaking wet, as water continued to rain down on him, the short awning above the door providing little relief from the downpour.

Janet was a trusting person, and she knew how to take care of herself, with four years of mixed martial arts training during college. With her free hand, she pulled the bolt and unlocked the door, opening it. "Come in, come in. Can I help you?"

The man sprinted into the room, shaking off, barely noticing Janet. "Thank you. Thank you so much. I am so sorry. My car broke down."

"Your car broke down? In this weather?"

Janet lived on a long, rural road, with houses scattered sparsely, many acres apart from each other. It was a home for folks who enjoyed the country life, without being farmers, or slaves to managing vast sums of property. The biggest city was a twenty mile drive. Janet's grandfather loved the peace and quiet, he claimed.

The man pointed towards the street. "Yeah, just about a quarter mile from here. The thing is, my phone went dead while I was trying to reach someone, and my dog is in the car. I know he's terribly frightened in this storm, and I didn't want to leave him, but had no choice."

"Say no more!" said Jane, raising her hands.

Jane was a dog lover herself, having grown up with two. She intended to get another one, once she was settled into the new place. Janet was also now aware that she had forgotten about her torn shirt, because as she lifted her hands to reassure the man, the ripped material folded over, exposing half of her left breast. The man's reaction to it quickly reminded Janet that she had just ruined her blouse. "Oh, I am so sorry!" she cried out, covering her exposed flesh with her hands, deeply blushing. "I ripped my shirt coming down the attic stairs, just before you arrived."

The man laughed, but waved it off. "I am sorry to have troubled you, really. Thank you so much for letting me in. Do you think you could help me with my dog?"

"Well, sure. Do you want to use my phone?"

"Yes, please. I'll call my sister and have her husband come out with a tow, but I am really worried about Alfie right now. Is it asking too much if you could help me get him first? My car isn't far."

"All I've got is a Mini."

"No problem. Alfie is a small mutt. Cutest thing ever, and usually very calm, but he is freaking out right now. More than me!"

Janet realized the man was genuinely panicked. Either that, or he deserved an Oscar. "Of course," she said. "Let me just throw a shirt on."

"I could borrow your car. I promise, I'll be back in two minutes. I'll leave my wallet!"

"Uh... if something went wrong, I'm not sure my insurance would cover you. Look, let's just go. Will Alfie fit in your lap?"

"Easily."

"Follow me." Janet snatched the keys off the buffet with her free hand and bolted out the door. It was about twenty paces to her car, but by the time she hopped in the drivers seat, Janet was drenched from head to toe. Under the light of the car, her white skirt, almost translucent in its soaking-wet state, showed off her dark, red panties. The stranger noticed as he got in, but said nothing, closing the door behind him.

Janet managed to hold the torn material over her breast, while starting the car and backing out, driving one handed. "Which way?" she asked.

"That way," the man pointed west. "I'm Ryan, by the way. Thank you so much, again. I know this is very inconvenient for you."

"Not at all, Ryan. My name's Janet. Let's just get your dog, and then we'll get you sorted." Janet pulled onto the road, set the car in drive, and carefully navigated forward. It was tricky doing it all one-handed. "Get me sorted, too," she laughed, while struggling to stay covered. Ryan caught on to what she meant, apologizing yet again for troubling her.

"No worries," Jane assured the stranger.

It wasn't far, but took nearly five minutes to reach the abandoned vehicle in the fierce storm. The pouring rain drowned out the lights, and Janet had to be careful on the dark road. Streetlights didn't exist out here.

"Drop me off here. I'll jump out and get him."

Janet stopped, almost parallel to the abandoned car. Ryan hopped out, rushing around the car in the beating rain. He quickly opened his driver side car door, and Janet saw and heard him reassuring his pet. A moment later, Ryan came back holding the small dog. It was no more then ten pounds and looked like a miniature Lassie, only cuter. The animal was wheezing excitedly, a cross between cries of excitement and fear.

"Aww," said Janet. "It's going to be okay."

"It's good now, right, buddy?" Ryan asked, while getting Alfie situated in his lap. He closed the door, turning off the interior light, and continued to console his pet. "Sorry I had to leave you out here, Alfie, but I had to find someone to help. Say hello to Janet."

Janet reached up and switched the interior light on again. She knew she was wet, and barely covered, but this emergency preempted her modesty. "He is so adorable, Ryan. I'm glad to help." Janet patted the dog with her free hand. "Oh, his fur is so soft!"

"Yeah, he's the best."

"Well, let me just turn around and we'll get back to the house."

Janet pulled the car forward and began the excruciating task of turning the car around, on a narrow road, one handed. Having to stop and reverse a couple times increased the frustration. Just as she was pulling out, Janet instinctively reached up with her left hand on the wheel, and once again her torn blouse flopped down. Sitting at this angle made her whole breast pop into view, and easy to see with the interior lights still on.

Ryan, of course, caught the unusual and appealing sight, and quickly reached up to turn off the light. Janet laughed again, saying, "Well, I suppose it's worth it to save your puppy."

"Oh, he isn't a puppy. Got him almost six years ago. He's my shadow, though."

"I can't wait to get him inside. Everything is going to be fine. You let him know that."

Once parked back at home, Jane adjusted herself before exiting the car. It would be a run to the door, but the heavy rain was going to soak her, anyway. "Well, here goes," she says. "Watch your step. Don't want you falling with the dog in your hands."

"I got him."

Janet should have been more worried about herself. On her first step out of the car, she slipped on the muddy ground and went flying back. Her left hand was still clinched tightly to the torn material of her blouse, and as her hands went rising up in the air, she tore the rest of it clean off, leaving her with a third of her blouse ripped apart in her hand. Her ass and skirt were caked in mud. Ryan came rushing around the car, holding his dog. "Hey, are you okay?" he bent down to try and help Janet to her feet.

"It's okay," she screamed through the rain. "Hurts my pride more than my body." She quickly got up and tried to cover herself, while hauling it to the door if a bit more carefully. Once Ryan stepped in, she closed the door behind him. "Whoa! That storm is awful!"

Janet's left breast would have been fully exposed if she hadn't been covering with her hands and arms. She looked up to her new friend. "And yeah, this is a bit embarrassing."

Ryan quickly turned to the side, while Alfie was furiously licking his master's face. "I am so sorry about that," said Ryan. "You have done so much for us already and we've ruined your shirt."

"It's okay. No problem, and the shirt was ruined before you even got here. I'll just go-"

Just then, Alfie jumped out of his owner's arms, directly towards Janet, who without thinking, opened her arms instinctively. Her blouse was so ripped and shifted, both breasts were fully exposed as she caught him, midair.

"Oh my gosh! He wants to thank you!" cried Ryan. "I'll take him and let you-"

Alfie was licking and whimpering all over Janet as she tried to hold him still. She knew she must have looked ridiculous, half naked, while trying to manage the dog and cover herself. Despite the awkward situation, Janet couldn't help but laugh with joy as Alfie expressed his affection. "He is so cute. I'll put him down, is that okay?"

"Of course!"

Giving up on covering herself, Janet bent down and gently pushed Alfie off. He instantly began circling her legs, still eager to show his thanks and love. As Janet stood back upright, she noticed the large bulge in Ryan's wet, tight jeans. Larger than any bulge she'd seen before, anyway. Janet blushed again, hoping Ryan didn't notice her gazing on his crotch, and quickly looked away, but forgetting to cover.

"Uh... um... yeah. So let me go clean up and change, and I'll be right back."

"Um, your phone. Could I borrow it to call me brother-in-law?"

"Oh, of course." Janet fumbled to find her cell in her purse, not minding her torn shirt and muddy skirt. By now, she was used to exposing a bit of flesh, and the stranger had been respectful, even playful.

"Thank you," he said, winking, as Janet turned to go wash off. "I'll call him right now."

Zipping to the bathroom, Janet undressed and quickly rinsed off in the shower. 'Oh, darn it, I should have brought something with me,' she complained in her head, as she wrapped herself in a towel. Thankfully, it covered all her bits, if only barely. 'But he's going to think I am doing this on purpose if he sees me this way.'

Quietly, Janet opened the door to hop over to her room, unseen from the house guest. She wasn't so lucky, as Ryan was waiting just outside. He began stuttering, "Oh, I, uh.. . here... your phone. My sister is on the way."

Ryan held out the phone to Janet, who awkwardly reached out for it, which made the towel slide. Janet was too caught off guard by her ridiculous predicament to react, and once again, the stranger got an eyeful, as the towel hit the floor.

Embarrassed, Janet struggled between reaching for the towel and rushing to her room. Now, she was the one stuttering, "Oh, uh.. .I, uh.. I should... get some clothes!" Abandoning the towel, Janet ran to her room, slamming the door behind her. "What a way to meet a guy," she whispered to herself, shaking her head.

A few minutes later, Janet was dressed in a tube top and shorts. It was more casual for strangers than usual (especially with no bra on), but Janet figured it was modest in comparison to what Ryan had already seen. She stepped into the living room.

"They'll be here any minute," Ryan said. "Thanks for helping tonight.. and, uh... I'm sorry about the..." He subtly motioned to Janet's body, who blushed.

"Oh, don't worry about it. I was just thinking there are worse ways a girl could meet a guy."

Ryan laughed. "Well, for me, it was quite pleasant."

Janet stepped closer to Ryan now, who had been holding his dog. Alfie, without warning, hopped out of his master's arms, to Janet again. As quick as last time, Janet reached up and caught the dog, laughing. "He really does like me, doesn't he?"

Alfie began licking Janet's face and kicking with his feet, catching the tube top, and ripping it down. Once it slipped past one breast, the rest followed. While holding the dog, Janet was unable to do anything about the top.

"Oh, my! This is getting ridiculous."

Now Ryan howled in laughter and said, "Maybe you should just go naked around me. Make things easier."

Janet dropped the dog, blushing more, but smiling as she stood upright, adjusting herself. "It would seem so."

Just then, a horn beeped outside, and Janet noticed the storm appeared to be subsiding. "Hey, do you mind if I leave my number?" asked Ryan. "I'd like to thank you for the help... formally."

"Oh, well, sure."

It would seem that the act of getting a pen and paper and exchanging numbers could easily be done, without exposing oneself, but once again, as Janet bent over, writing her number down, the material slipped, exposing most of her left breast. When she and Ryan noticed, she looked at him cynically. "You know what. I'm not even gonna bother, at this point."

Ryan winked, picked up Alfie and left, waving goodbye. "It was great meeting you," he said. "I'll call soon."

Janet certainly hoped so. She also hoped the next time he saw her naked, it would be in her bed. It had been some time since she got some action.

Recalling her recent exposures, Janet was reminded of the material she found in the attic. She brought it downstairs, spending the rest of evening absorbed in it, reading about the character of Jane, always getting stripped at inopportune times.

Saturday morning, there were tree limbs and shrubbery littering the roads, left over from the storm, but nothing unmanageable as Jane made her way to the grocery. In fact, it had warmed up enough to wear one of her cute, summer dresses. It was yellow, ending halfway to her knees. The bust was so tight, a bra wasn't even necessary, not for even Janet's impressive physique. Her red, two-inch heels paired well with the dress, and Janet enjoyed the second glances she often got from passing men when wearing this little number.

As Janet was passing the snacks and pop aisle, her dress got caught on an ill-positioned wire rack. She was pushing her cart and turning, when she heard the material tear. "Not again!" cried Janet, looking down.

At the hip, at least six inches had ripped down the side, almost to the end. The cotton material flapped, and one could see the top of her panties this way. Janet attempted to shift her dress a bit to the right, bringing it down to cover more, when her left shoulder strap popped. The dress fell, exposing her left breast.

One guy, another customer who was standing nearby, saw everything. Janet jerked up, ripping the skirt more, as it was still caught on the wire rack, completely exposing her bright red panties.

"Jesus, Lady, you need some help?"

Janet, blushed, giggling, and shook her head. "Um, may I leave my cart here? I need to..."

"That sucks. You need to go home to change?"

"It would appear so," Janet was careful to hold the top up, and keep the ripped skirt held with the other hand.

"Tell ya what. You go out to your car and I'll find you. I'll check these groceries out and bring them to you. You can pay me back later."

"Oh, would you?"

"Of course. Anything for a pretty lady. Much less a half naked one."

Janet was glad the stranger seemed to make light of her situation. It eased the tension. "I'm at the southeast corner of the parking lot," Janet said, adjusting her shredded dress as best she. "A blue Chevy." Janet rushed out, and made her way to it as fast as possible.

Five minutes later, the stranger approached. "Pop the hood," he yelled, through the window. Janet did so, and a few moments later he closed it, coming round the front side. Janet rolled the window down, checking herself to ensure she was covered. Her arms were positioned over her torn dress, and she skirt around her thighs. So long as she didn't move, she was covered.

"It was fifty-eight dollars."

"I don't have cash on me. Only my card. Could you give me your address? I promise I'll send a check."

"Tell ya what. Let me take a picture of you as a souvenir of this memorable day, and it's on me."

"A picture of me?"

"Well, sure. Do you mind?"

"I uh... I don't know what to say..." Janet was barely covered, but the man did save her a considerable amount of embarrassment. "I guess so. I mean... why not?"

The man held his camera out and Janet looked to it and smiled as he snapped off a picture. "Hah, I was really hoping you'd show off the dress. My friends will never believe me."

The scraps of torn cloth were covering most of Janet's flesh, and so long as the strap didn't drop, there wouldn't be any nudity. Just proof that a comedic series of events put this little damsel in a bit of distress. As Janet contemplated the man's request, her grandfather's collection of that Jane character came to mind. An idea appealed to her.

"Tell you what. I'll drop my arms, but make it quick. I don't think this dress is going to hold."

Now the stranger laughed loud. "Of course, whatever you say."

12