Just Maybe... Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Wallace was not happy with the verdict, he threatened to get even with everyone from me to the judge. I laughed in his face, as did Jim, but 3 weeks later the jury members started dying off. Oh, it was all innocent stuff, heart attacks, accidents, alcohol poisoning on one of them... But we always suspected. Jim hired a bunch of new security, and it seemed like Wallace couldn't get to him. Until now." Makkail's eyes suddenly focused on Aria, and he took her arms gently.

"You have to do something sweetheart, the police will never put this together themselves, they probably don't even know about the trial, it was a large scandal and Jim covered it up." Aria's eyes widened and she squeaked slightly.

"Me? Why me?" Makkail gestured to himself, his wings, his claws, his skin color.

"Look at me little one, I certainly cannot tell them what I know. You must tell them yourself."

Aria started to protest, then sighed.

"Okay, Okay, I'll go down to the station tomorrow. One of the cops is a friend of mine, hopefully he'll believe me." Makkail smiled.

"Thank you little one, this will put my mind at rest. Now then, its late, and you need your sleep. You're still not well from that head injury." He touched the goose egg on Aria's noggin and she winced slightly. He scooped Aria up again and carried her to the bed, laying her down and pulling the covers over her. She suddenly seemed very tired, and yawned and snuggled into the covers. Makkail smiled and kissed her forehead as she began to fall asleep.

"Goodnight... my sweet one."

To be continued...

12