Just Walk Away

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DG Hear
DG Hear
5,714 Followers

Later I found out more about Jacynthia Quinn. She was passing through on her way home to Columbus for leave, having returned from her third deployment in Afghanistan with an oak leaf cluster to her Silver Star that she received and wore proudly from her duty in Iraq.

She didn't know what to expect when she stopped by to visit her friend Marcie. After they had dinner together Marcie invited her to stay at the house for a couple of days. I would spend more time at the gym to give them some privacy.

At the end of the week Marcie told me that Cindy wanted her to move to Columbus with her. She even said that after her divorce was final they could get married in New York. ("Don't Ask, Don't Tell" is history). Cindy told her that her next duty station was recruiting for the Marines and would finish her career in Columbus.

Marcie wanted to know what I thought. I told her to follow her heart. Forget what others think. Life is too short to worry about what others think. She told Cindy that she would move to Columbus with her but she needed to sell her house first. She couldn't afford to sell it at a loss but at least wanted to break even.

They decided that they would have a long distant relationship till things were resolved, speaking of the divorce and selling of the house. It was a lot closer than Iraq. At least they would be able to see each other every week or so. Until then, they would speak on the phone almost nightly.

One night I had just eaten dinner and was sitting on the couch when the phone rang. I rarely ever answered it since no one ever called me at Marcie's house. She was taking a shower and I thought it might be Cindy so I answered it.

"Jack? Is that you?" My heart fell into my stomach. I knew that voice. It was Angie.

My voice cracked when I said, "Yes, it's me. What do you want Angie?"

"I talked to your Uncle Ralph and gave him my number to give to you. I don't know if you had seen him or not, but I must see you."

"What's so important Angie?"

"I have to tell you in person, not over a phone. Can I come by your gym tomorrow?"

"Sure, I'll be there all day." I tried to act like it was nothing but deep down I wanted to see her.

The last thing she said to me was, "Jack, I still love you," and then hung up.

I was a mess. I didn't know what to think. Marcie came out of the bathroom and asked me who called. I told her that it was Angie. She wanted to see me.

"What about?" asked Marcie.

"I don't know, but she said she has to tell me face to face. She's coming to the gym tomorrow."

"Jack, I know you still have feelings for her. You try to hide them but I can tell. I had the same problems with Cindy. They won't just go away, you have to see her."

I went to work the next morning. Angie was already there waiting on me. She looked so beautiful and had tears in her eyes. I tried to act nonchalant but it wasn't working out so well. God, how I missed her. I didn't realize how much till I saw her.

"Hi Angie, you're looking good." That was an understatement. "What is it that you have to say to me?"

"Can we talk in your office? This is extremely personal."

She had my attention as we went into the office. The gym was busy with a number of women exercising. This was a time of day for women only. Many had brought their kids. It was a good service that we provided.

Angie said, "One second," as she walked out of the office, returning a minute later with a little boy, maybe a little over a year old. With tears in her eyes Angie said, "He's your son."

I was totally speechless; I had no idea what to say. He was as cute as a button.

"I tried to tell you I was pregnant the time I called you but you said you didn't want to ever see me again and to never call you. I didn't know what to do. The day you saw me with Nick I was going to tell him it was over between us. We did go on a couple of dates and yes we had sex.

"It was the worst mistake I've ever made in my life but I thought if I ended it with Nick that you might never know and we could be together. When I saw you at the door to the motel room my heart just sank. I didn't know what to do. I don't know if you knew it but I left a few minutes later.

"I tried to tell you but you wanted nothing to do with me. That's when I went ahead and married Nick. I told him that Jimmy wasn't his but he said he didn't care. I was living a lie and I hated it. I thought you should know that you had a son. In fact I put your last name on his birth certificate without Nick knowing.

"When he found out he was furious. I told him I couldn't take it anymore and was going to tell you the truth. You deserved to know you had a child. He said if I told you or anyone else that Jimmy wasn't his child he would divorce me.

"I told my mother and asked her what I should do? She told me that I should follow my heart, that she made the mistake of not following hers. So, here I am. I love you Jack and wanted you to know that you have a son." She was now crying. She got a couple of tissues off my desk.

What the hell was I suppose to do? I had no doubt that she was telling me the truth. She could have had a life on easy street staying with Nick but she chose to tell me the truth.

"I'm not here for child support or anything like that. Jack, what I did to you was horrible. I cheated on you and I'm so sorry for it and I don't know how to make it up to you. Tell me to leave and I'll go. If you want to be in Jimmy's life that fine with me. You can see him whenever you want, I just need you to say something."

"Damn you! Damn you! Damn you! You meant the world to me. I've never loved anyone the way I loved you. I've been trying to forget you for over a year and now you come back and tell me I have a son. Do you expect me to just forgive what you've done to me?"

"I don't know Jack. You deserve a lot better than me but I thought you would want to know about your son." I walked over and took the little fellow into my arms. I knew I had tears in my eyes. I was so confused.

"Did you tell my Uncle Ralph about Jimmy?"

"Yes, and your sister too. They both said I needed to tell you myself, so here I am. I can't expect you to forgive me but I've always loved you."

"I need some time to think, Angie. I want to be part of my son's life but this is so much all at once. Where can I get in touch with you?"

She kind of smiled. "I'm back home with Mom and Dad. I told them I was coming to see you."

"Give me a few days to think about this. I'll come down and see you this weekend." I kissed and hugged my son. I knew I wanted him to be part of my life. Truth be known I wanted Angie to be in my life also.

Epilogue:

I talked with Marcie and Cindy about my situation. I got some good information from both of them. Cindy said, "When Marcie first got married I hated her for leaving me. We kept in touch and it was her letters that I held dearest to my heart. I did three tours of duty in Afghanistan and two in Iraq, not caring what would happen to me at any time.

"It was then I got the letter where Marcie told me she was getting a divorce. I felt I had something to live for. I decided I was going to fight for her. I loved her then and I loved her now. I learned life is too short to worry about the past. If you love this woman and have a child with her there shouldn't be much to think about.

"You're g good man, Jack. I know because of the way you helped Marcie and the kids.

"It seems to me that she made the first move and now it's up to you. If you really love her you're going to have to forgive her to make it work," said Cindy.

She paused, and went on. "Jack, it couldn't have been easy for her to admit everything she did. She gave up her life and marriage to be honest with you. I don't think you will ever have a problem trusting her. Most of all she says she still loves you. You have a son and a woman who loves you. Don't just walk away."

I knew deep down what I was going to do. I called my sister and she told me she had talked with Angie and believed she really loved me. She told her that she needed to tell me herself; I shouldn't hear about the baby from anyone else.

My Uncle Ralph pretty much told me the same thing. "Jack, you have a second chance here with a woman who loves you. I'm not going to tell you what to do. This one is up to you."

On Saturday I showed up at the Lockard's. Mrs. Lockard answered the door. "Hi Jack, good to see you again, come sit down, I'll let Angie know you're here."

I looked over and saw Jimmy playing in the living room. I sat down and he quickly crawled over to me. I picked him up and put him on my lap. I hugged and kissed my son. I now had tears in my eyes. I couldn't help it, it just happened. I knew what I was about to do was right.

Angie came in the room and looked at me holding Jimmy. She couldn't help but smile. I asked her if she would ask her Mother and Father to please come into the room. I had something to say.

Her Dad came in and nodded before sitting down. Her mother looked a bit nervous but sat down also. I got up and set Jimmy on the floor and asked Angie to sit down, which she did.

I got down on one knee and said, "Angie, the last time I came to town to see you was to ask you to marry me. I loved you with all my heart and realize I still do. I think we can leave the past in the past and go ahead together as husband and wife. I'm asking you to marry me and move to Cincinnati with me."

Angie was crying and her mother was crying, in turn made little Jimmy cry. Mr. Lockard sat there in silence. After wiping her tears, Angie said, "I love you Jack and always have. I'll be the best wife and mother I can be."

I slipped the ring on her finger and leaned over and kissed her. Even her Dad smiled. I think life was going to be just fine.

We were married the following week by a Justice of the Peace. I made a deal with Marcie to buy her house for what she owed on it. She moved to Columbus with Cindy and the girls. I would miss the girls but there was nothing stopping us from going to Columbus and seeing them from time to time.

Since I lost my bookkeeper, Angie said she took accounting for her business degree and took over the family books.

I thought our first time together making love might be difficult but it was far from it. Making love is nothing like just having sex. The two of us become one and we could cuddle forever.

Eight months after we got married I was informed that Jimmy was going to have a little sister. Life couldn't be much better.

After Marcie's divorce was final she asked Angie and I if we could watch the girls for a week. She and Cindy were going to New York to tie the knot. Even Bill was happy about it because he wouldn't have to pay alimony but would have to pay his child support. I'm pretty sure he didn't want to mess with Cindy.

Sheila ended up selling her house and moving somewhere. I really didn't care because I was with the woman I loved. Thank God that I didn't 'Just Walk Away'.

*

Thank you for reading my story.

Comments are welcome and appreciated

DG Hear

DG Hear
DG Hear
5,714 Followers