Justine Ch. 19

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,665 Followers

"How did you like that?" she asked as she stood in front of him. "How does it feel to be controlled?"

She looked up into his eyes forcing him to look into hers when he tried to look away.

"Sit down." she commanded.

Jeremiah struggled to stay standing but plopped heavily into the chair with his eyes fastened onto hers. Josephine sat across from him and stared at him for several long minutes.

"Answer my questions."

"I don't like being controlled." he said. "And I don't like being afraid especially of the likes of you."

"The likes of me?" Josephine asked not raising her voice. "I was a single mother with a child. I worked my ass off to get through LPN school. I was going to continue for my RN and maybe my bachelors. I had plans for my daughter and me. Plans which you destroyed so explain what you mean by your statement."

Jeremiah didn't reply. What could he say? Except....

"Do you think that I cared about you and that brat?" he snarled. "I was being paid good money for you plus I got to train you..."

"We see how well that worked out." Josephine said as she reached for the goblet of blood in front of her. "I'm sorry, help yourself and continue. I want to hear more about my kind."

Unable to help himself, Jeremiah reached for the goblet of blood, took a sip and sat it down."

"Tell me what you were thinking that night." Josephine said.

"What?" Jeremiah asked shocked.

"I want to know what went through your mind as you waited for me to come out of the nursing home. What were you thinking as you compelled me to go with you and then raped me. Were you relieved that you killed me? Did you feel anything at all? Speak." she commanded.

"I tried to tell him that you had a child but he didn't care- I told you this. I really didn't care about that; it was just that it made it difficult if the mark had family or friends. When I saw you, I thought that you were beautiful and when you fought me, I should have known. Actually, I did know that there was something different about you. None of the others fought nearly as hard as you did. By the time I got you to the house, I had used more compulsion on you than I had any ten of my most resistant women combined.

I thought that I had you under control but then you came out of it. It had never been my intent to kill you, fuck you yes, but kill you? That would have been stupid. I was paid well over two-million dollars for you and as it turns out, you cost me more than the two-million I was paid. You started throwing things at me and then you cut yourself. The combination of the scent of your blood and your fear was too much and I lost all control."

"So you raped and almost killed me, who was the woman?"

Jeremiah couldn't believe the almost detached way that he was being questioned. The only real indication of her emotions was her eyes. The purple flames flickered and he could have sworn that he saw sparks jumping out of her eyes.

He was going to deny that there was a woman at the house but then he realized that it had to have been Olivia.

"Don't think about lying." Josephine warned.

"That was my mate Olivia."

Josephine was silent for several minutes.

"She's in one of the prisons for helping you. Why would she do that?" Josephine asked.

"What can I say except that she was a stupid bitch." Jeremiah replied. "I gave her the opportunity to leave and she chose to stay. I was going to release her from our bond but she thought that by helping me that I would love her. By the time she finally realized that it wasn't going to happen, it was too late."

"According to you." Josephine said.

"It's not my fault if she wouldn't think for herself." Jeremiah replied relaxing.

"I see and it doesn't bother you that she's going to spend the next two centuries in prison because she loved you?" Josephine asked delivering the first of the surprises that she had for Jeremiah.

"Two centuries?" Jeremiah asked. "She's as guilty as I am!"

"To an extent that's true but Justine talked with her at great length and decided to reduce her sentence. Of course, there are stipulations upon her release. She has to work in one of the houses set aside for your victims and she has to apologize and do what she can to help them recover."

"This is bullshit!" Jeremiah screamed as he tried to jump out of his chair.

"Your mate feels remorse for her part in your business. In a way, she was a victim even though she made a conscious choice to help you. That you didn't break your bond with her even though she didn't want you to shows a lack of compassion for the woman that you were to spend an eternity. But back to me. After you raped me, you had your nephew dump me like garbage.

I'm not a person to use profanity but Karma's a bitch isn't it? I mean, let's think about this, you've been raping, selling and killing women for centuries. What are the chances that you would run across the mother of the future Queen? I have no doubt that had you known it then, you would have forced me to become your mate thus insinuating yourself into power. Instead, years later, you hire my daughter into your law firm and then you try to kill her. But you didn't know the whole story did you?"

"I wish to god that I had killed her!" Jeremiah snarled.

"I'm sure that you do and I'm sure that you'll pardon me if I don't share that sentiment."

Jeremiah was tired of the pussy footing around. His stomach was roiling with nausea.

"Stop fucking around and tell me what the hell you want!" he roared.

Josephine didn't flinch but watched Jeremiah as if he was no more than a child throwing a temper tantrum. When he was finished, she continued.

"To make matters worse, not only do you chase my daughter and plan to hurt her, you bring humans into it. You endangered a woman and two children in order to reach your goals. We won't mention that Quinn is my son -in -law and that his human family had absolutely nothing to do with this. Death is out of the question, it's what you want, and setting you free is also out of the question."

Jeremiah held his breath, what was left other than a lifetime of torture by the women that he harmed?

"I noticed something last night." Josephine said. "You weren't afraid of me but you were very afraid of my mate. Today is a different story but that's unimportant. In listening to and watching you, I have made my decision.

Jeremiah waited anxiously. He was still frightened of her mate but now it was Josephine that frightened him.

"I've decided that your suffering will continue for an eternity. There won't be a reprieve and there won't be a death sentence, you don't deserve to die. I'm also adding something to your sentence. It seems to me that you've gotten comfortable and even accepting of the women taking their revenge."

Jeremiah felt himself pale. He knew what was coming and knew that once she said it, there would be no changing her mind...

"Wait!" he said. "What other options are there?"

Josephine smiled at him before replying. Her eyes flashed so rapidly that Jeremiah thought that the flames were going to jump out, make their way to him and burn him alive. He clamped his mouth shut and awaited his fate.

"First. I want you out of this house." Josephine said. "You're going to be moved to another location where you will share a space with Albert. You can keep each other company. You've had it much too easy here. Justine has been too kind to you in that she gave you respites from your visitors; I'm rescinding that. You will be available to them whenever they choose to see you and you won't be able to go insane nor will you be able to kill yourself."

"Be reasonable..."

"And the mates of any of your victims will be allowed to take their vengeance." she added her tone cool. "I know that you were hoping that the fact that I was a nurse in my human life would be to your benefit but who you are seeing right now is a wronged woman, one of your victims. Believe me when I say that nurse part of me is going to sleep very well. Do you have anything to say?"

"You can't do this! I never hurt a male!" Jeremiah protested as he again tried to get out of his chair.

"Yes you have." Josephine replied. "There are males whose mates still cannot rest during the day because of you. There are women who are afraid of the touch of their mates because of you so don't tell me that you've never hurt a male. By harming a woman, you by extension hurt her mate male or female if she had one. You leave tomorrow night."

Josephine stood up and left the room without giving Jeremiah a backwards glance. She paused and walked back to the table.

"I don't think that physical punishment is enough. From this moment forth, what little conscience you have will be awakened."

The purple flames around her eyes turned dark and flashed once. Once again, she turned and walked out of the room and straight into David's arms. They could hear Jeremiah screaming for her to come back.

"Please! Reconsider!"

*********

Justine, Quinn and David listened to the conversation from the other side of the wall. At first, all of them with the exception of Quinn were nervous and ready to burst into the room if necessary. As Quinn listened to Josephine, he saw where Justine got her strength. The longer the meeting went, the more Justine and David relaxed and realized that their fears although reasonable had been groundless.

They held their collective breaths when Josephine announced that she was ready to pronounce her sentence. They felt and smelled Jeremiah's anger and then fear when Josephine pronounced the sentence.

Justine nodded in approval. Her mother had done well. She and Quinn left the room so that David and Josephine would have some time alone. In spite of what Josephine said, she would have some difficulty with her choice. That she would deal with it and move on, no one had any doubts.

*******

"You knew." Justine said when she and Quinn were alone.

"I knew." Quinn replied. "I also know that had it been my mother or you that I would have reacted the same way you and David did. Question, did you think that she was going to release him?"

"I wasn't sure." Justine replied after several seconds. "But the more she talked, the more I realized that she had no intentions of letting him go. I think that she gave him exactly what he deserved."

"I agree." Quinn said. "Where are we going to send them?" he asked.

"I have an idea or two but we need to personally interview the guards. I can't help but believe that there are some who sympathize with him and who may try to help him." Justine said.

"What are you thinking?" Quinn asked.

"A vampire like Jeremiah Mathers had resources. While it's true that I took all of the financial ones, he has personal ones. They may not like him, but they are allies and have everything to gain by attempting a rescue." Justine replied.

"The other alternative is that they'll try to kill him." Quinn replied. "Do you know what I think? I think that we need to start rounding up the people listed in his books and on his hard drives."

"Pre-emptive strike." Justine said. "Good idea, I'll call Mikhail and Maurice and get the ball rolling."

"I'll start going through the names of potential guards for Albert and Jeremiah." Quinn said.

"Quinn?" Justine said softly.

"Yes?"

"Thank you." Justine replied as she wrapped her arms around his waist.

"There's no need to thank me but you're welcome." Quinn replied kissing her. "How about we get this taken care of and we meet in the Jacuzzi?" he asked as he tweaked a nipple between his thumb and forefinger before cupping the entire breast in his hand.

"I think that I like your plan." Justine replied and returned the kiss.

*********

"Jo, are you really alright?" David asked again.

"I'm fine... or I will be." Josephine replied. "I just have to adjust to my new role in life but I won't lie to you, I hope that I never have to do anything like that again."

"But you know that you will." David said.

"I know." Josephine replied. She was suddenly tired. She felt as if she had run a figurative marathon and she had just crossed the finish line.

"You're tired." David said picking her up.

"Yes but we need to help Justine and Quinn." she replied and struggled to get out of his arms.

"Jo." David said in the no nonsense tone that she hadn't heard in a while.

"Enough. I know that you want to help with whatever Justine is planning but you need to sleep." David said as he carried her to their suite. When she tried to argue with him, he shushed her with a kiss. "Jo, I know and accept who and what you are and I am proud to be at your side. I also want to tell you that you were magnificent in your handling of that son of a bitch but that's over. It's time for you to allow me to take care of you. Justine will know and she understands now no more arguments.

When she tried to object again, he kissed her. "You're not going to win this round so stop trying." he said his tone firm but amused.

As he carried Josephine to their suite, he was hit with another pang of guilt. Having Josephine and Justine in the same house would have been an adventure as well as entertaining. Like Quinn, he saw where Justine had gotten her strength.

By the time they got to the suite, Josephine had already fallen asleep.

******

Lorenzo lay next to Naila watching her sleep. Whenever she cried out in fear or pain, he whispered assurances to her until she settled down. He kept an eye on her stomach looking for the signs of bleeding that the doctor had mentioned and breathed easier when he saw no signs.

As he lay next to her, he practiced in his mind the things that he needed to tell her. None of it sounded right. It sounded contrived, as if it was something that he was reading from a cue card. What he needed to do was to ask Maurice for guidance but he couldn't and wouldn't leave Naila alone.

Regina had offered on more than one occasion to sit with her but he had always refused. The doctor had called twice to check on Naila's progress and seemed pleased. Now he only had to wait for her to wake up. A light tap on the bedroom door distracted him.

"May I come in?" Maurice asked.

Lorenzo checked to be sure that Naila was covered before allowing Maurice to come in.

"How is she doing?" he asked.

"Alright I think." Lorenzo replied. "Thank you for your help."

"Lorenzo, you are and always have been my brother. I have always loved you and I've missed you so stop thanking me. Naila is now a part of our family and will be treated as such. Our home is your home for as long as you wish it to be."

"Thank you... I have to tell the Queen about the human that I killed." he replied.

"I know and I'll go with you." Maurice replied. "But I don't think that she'll find fault with you. You did what any of us would have done in your place. On the bright side, the man that you killed wasn't a good person and they're saying that his death will probably never be solved. Have you thought about what you're going to say to her?"

"I have no idea of where to begin." Lorenzo replied. "I've spent so much time and effort pushing people away that I'm not sure of how to begin to bring them toward me. This was my fault. My pride and need to keep my past to myself led to this. She wouldn't have been at that party if I had claimed her when I first found her. She wouldn't have been servicing others if I had only told her to stop and cared for her whether I claimed her or not. I could have lost her."

"But you didn't and you have another chance to fix things." Maurice said. "I'm not saying that it'll be easy but if she needs to talk to someone, Regina will help in any way that she can."

"What was it like for you? Was it difficult to convince Regina that you belonged together?" Lorenzo asked.

"You have no idea." Maurice replied laughing, "But once Naila is feeling better, I'll tell you the whole story. And by the way, I almost lost Regina too so I do understand what you're feeling."

Maurice's phone quietly chirped. He looked at it, nodded at Lorenzo and left the room closing the door behind him.

"Yes my Queen. This evening? Of course but it will be a problem for Lorenzo."

Maurice quickly told Justine about Lorenzo and Naila.

"Will she be alright?" Justine asked.

"She was badly beaten but the doctor expects a full recovery." Maurice replied.

"What about Lorenzo?" Justine asked.

"He's alright but obviously he's concerned about Naila and your response to the death of the human male."

"The male was hurting his mate wasn't he?" Justine asked.

"Yes but he was going to let the male live until he saw the full extent of Naila's injuries."

"Understood." Justine said, "Fine, his place is with his mate for as long as she needs him but I expect you to be here within the hour. Make my apologies to your mate."

"Yes my Queen."

"What's happening?" Lorenzo asked through the cracked bedroom door.

"I have to go to the Queen's home. Apparently, something happened. She wants you to stay with Naila for as long as she needs you and she understands about the human male." Maurice replied.

Lorenzo nodded and started to close the door.

"Our Queen is very special isn't she?" he asked knowing that had it been Wilhelmina, she wouldn't have cared about his mate.

"Yes, she is." Maurice replied. "If you'll excuse me, I need to talk with Regina."

A few minutes later, he was on his way to the Queen's home.

********

Jeremiah sat on his cot trembling. He dug deep within himself looking for the trigger that would initiate the process of dying. It had been there before Josephine came but it was always just out of his reach, taunting him but now it was gone. The madness that had always hovered around his sanity was gone as well. He truly understood his sentence when the first real remorse that he had felt in centuries hit him.

He tried to push it away but the harder he tried, the stronger the feeling became. Suddenly, he jumped up, ran over to the front of the cell and began to scream at the top of his lungs.

"You mother fucking bitches! Bastards!"

He screamed until his throat was raw and his voice was gone and then he cursed them in his mind.

*********

Everyone including Wilhelmina watched the events unfold in the human world with growing excitement. All of them, with the exception of Wilhelmina were as taken with Josephine as they had been with Justine if not more so. She kept her silence as she watched Thomas out of the corner of her eye. She wasn't so sure that she could trust him but at the moment, he was all that she had.

She could see that Thomas was making an effort not to look at her. Even from where she sat, she could feel his hatred of her but she didn't care as long as he did what was required of him. She kept her expression neutral as her gaze wandered over to Lottie. She wondered if Thomas had told her about the proposal yet and what her response was.

After thinking about it, she decided that Thomas hadn't told her and wondered why. Her gaze went back to Thomas who was staring at her; his gaze didn't waver as she returned the stare. She saw a strength and determination in his eyes that she hadn't seen before. It unnerved her.

It was a reminder that she really didn't know her mate of several centuries. All she knew were the basics about his family and she never bothered to find out more. She had always considered him weak and ineffective but then, she hadn't made him her equal either. As she returned his gaze, she wondered if not getting to know him had been an error on her part.

Thomas had just become a wild card.

*******

Thomas looked at his mate and hated her. He had felt that way for centuries but never admitted it, not even to himself. Every negative adjective he could think of ran through his mind as he looked at her. Bitch and traitor were amongst them. He had always known what she thought of him and he did nothing to change her mind. If she had taken the time to find out about his lineage, she would have done things differently.

kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,665 Followers