Karen Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jack looked at Kate searchingly. "Do you understand what I'm saying? Am I getting through to you? I'll now tell you why I'm glad that you came. Tell your sister that we're through. I will seek a divorce, but I will make sure that she's ok financially. We have had too many good years for me to put her in penury. I'm sure that the divorce settlement was be very advantageous for her.

"Kate, I want you to also tell her that I don't wish to see her and that I really feel nothing for her - this whole thing has left me numb. All I really want right now is to proceed on with my life without any more complications or interference. I will just tell the children that we've grown apart and have both come to a decision to part. They'll be upset, but they're grown and will get over it."

Kate sat there, pale, but resigned. While she knew that her job was going to be difficult, she really didn't think that Jack would react so strongly Yet she knew the pride that this man had as well as his sense of loyalty. That loyalty had been betrayed and she knew that it would take years, if ever, for it to be restored.

Kate stood and held her hand out to Jack. "I understand, Jack. I hope that your feelings will change sometime in the future, but until then, I do wish you well. Please, promise that you'll keep in touch with me. Call me anytime you wish.

"In the meantime I will speak with Karen and explain. You do realize that she will be devastated about your decision, but I'm sure that she will eventually recognize the inevitability of it. I'm sorry to say that she has made her bed and now will have to occupy it alone. I will be there to support her and get her through this."

Kate held his hand briefly and then turned and walked out of Jack's office.

An hour later Kate parked her car in Karen's driveway and slowly walked in the front door. Karen was awaiting her return and looked at her anxiously. She saw the expression on Kate's face and broke down. Kate held her closely while she sobbed. Kate felt her own tears flow down her cheeks.

12