Karen Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Goodnight Andrea Millhouse." I said.

"Why does everyone call me Andrea Millhouse and not just Andrea?" She asked from her bed.

"Because you're dangerous, Andrea Millhouse, goodnight." I said.

"I'm in good company then aren't? Goodnight cowboy." Andrea Millhouse said.

Later that night there was a windstorm and heavy rainfall beginning outside the motel room which I enjoyed listening to as I lay in bed. I was glad that Andrea and I had stopped for the night. Around midnight the wind began to howl so severely that the sliding glass door to the motel room's balcony began to rattle loudly.

"Tim, Tim are you awake?" Andrea said in the dark.

"Yeah, what's wrong Andrea?" I asked.

"Promise not to laugh?" she asked.

"Whats wrong?" I asked, again.

"Storms totally freak me out can we cuddle? I'm not playing, I really am freaked, I mean it." She said.

"Yeah, sure." I said, believing her.

In her shirt and panties, she practically ran to my bed and climbed in bed and pressed her back to the front of me in a classic spooning configuration. Andrea was trembling from fear of the storm outside the window. I pulled her close to me and began rubbing her arm in a soothing manner.

"Don't freak out baby, it's alright, just Mother Nature cleaning house a little bit." I said.

"Don't laugh at me ok?" She said.

"Andrea I'm not, it's alright, everyone is afraid of something." I said.

I continued rubbing her arm and holding her. Two minutes later we were both asleep while the storm continued to rage outside for the next eight hours.

"I'm going to get up and take a shower, Tim." Andrea mumbled in the quiet of the hotel room.

I pulled her closer to me and muzzled the side of her neck with my face and fell back asleep.

"Rise and shine cowboy! We're burning daylight, let's GO!!" Andrea said as she jerked open the curtains and sunlight spilled into the room.

Andrea was showered and wearing blue jeans and a T-shirt depicting a Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress.

"Why is it, that, the better looking they are, the meaner they are?" I mumbled to the motel room, as I sat up.

"C'mon, get in the shower and I'll meet you in the restaurant." Andrea said as she threw a towel at me.

Twenty five minutes later I slid into the booth facing Andrea inside the restaurant. There was already a steaming cup of coffee in front of me.

"Morning, that was quite a little storm last night." I said.

"Good morning, yes it was, very powerful. I ordered you a couple orders of toast and some orange juice." Andrea said.

"We should make it to Ricky's around one o clock this afternoon even if we stop and have a sandwich someplace. I just called a few minutes ago and talked to his girlfriend, Brenda. They're both there now, you'll like Brenda. ...Andrea there's something you need to know about my brother Ricky. When he was an infant he had a severe fever, in the hospital after he was born, he almost died. As a result, Ricky is a little different than you and I - he scares a lot of people and many people think he's on drugs which he isn't, not even prescription medication. He's kind of a wild mountain man, looking guy, just to warn you. Another thing, his eyes are very light sensitive so he wears sunglasses most of the time which doesn't do anything to help dispel the first impression that most people have of him. He's a good guy and smart but he doesn't really have any comprehension of time the way you and I do. He understands yesterday and tomorrow aright, but Ricky lives mainly in the right-here, right-now. Mentally he is, in many ways, still an adolescent. I hope you're ok with all this." I said, as the waitress brought us our orders.

"Someone that lives in the right-here, right-now is fine with me honey. I'll be alright with him." Andrea said as she bit into a piece of toast.

"God, I love that shirt." I said after a few minutes.

"My father flew the B-17 over Normandy. He flew twenty seven missions in all." Andrea said.

"Wish I could have met the man." I said quietly.

"You would have liked each other, Tim." Andrea replied.

Andrea and I had a nice breakfast and several cups of coffee, before we paid our tab and walked across the street back to the motel parking lot. Walking along our route we saw several up-turned garbage cans and other debris that the past nights storm had blown about. The Nissan was parked next to the motel's dumpster and as we started to get into the vehicle I stopped and leaned down to look at something next to the dumpster which was on my side of the car.

"Andrea, go back to the desk clerk at the hotel and see if they will give you a couple of discarded towels, give them five bucks if you have to." I said standing up again.

"What? What do you want ...towels for, Tim?" Andrea asked.

"Honey, just do it ok, please?" I said, bending down again.

A few minutes later Andrea returned to the car with two large white towels that were slightly frayed along the edges.

"OK, now spread out one of the towels on the hood of the car Andrea." I said.

I then picked up a six month old kitten and gently placed the animal on the towel and began wrapping the corners of the towel around the small creature. I then picked up the bundle and held it against my chest as I opened the rear door of the car. The kitten was wet, mangy and shivering from cold.

"Ohhh, Tim. Here let me hold her in my lap." Andrea said.

"She's probably going to get sick and throw-up, Andrea, and she stinks. How do you know it's a SHE anyway?" I asked.

"She's a little tabby, Tim, and I don't care if she does get sick. Let me have her, she needs to be dry and warm." Andrea said as I handled the bundle to her.

We got underway and soon had the heater going to warm the kitten.

"She's pretty far gone and probably won't last much longer, Andrea, but we'll stop and get her some milk and some canned food anyway." I said as we drove.

"She's a fighter and she'll make it, Tim. We're going to call her Stormy. Get some bottled water too and something that we can use as a dish in the car." Andrea said looking down at the bundled kitten.

"Stormy, it is then." I said, pulling into a convenience store parking lot.

We continued onward, making good time and at around eleven thirty that morning we stopped and got sandwiches and ate while standing outside the car. Stormy had eaten a minuscule amount of food and drank a few palm-fulls of water. The kitten was now currently asleep, bundled within the towel, in the passenger's seat of the car. I pulled out my phone and dialed Brenda.

"Hey Tim!" Brenda answered.

"Hey Bren, we're about an hour away, we have a kitten refugee with us that we found this morning, hope that's ok." I said.

"That's fine; Yogi gets along good with cats. What's this girl's name, again, Tim?" Brenda asked.

"Her name is Andrea, I think you'll like her, Brenda." I said.

"Are you serious about this one, Tim, or is she just a fuck pal?" Brenda asked.

"Brenda, you've been working at the same job for far too long now, honey." I said, a little put-out by her question.

"Sounds like you're serious about this one, OH - KAAAYYY, I get it. See you when you get here, coffee will be on and we're here until about eight o clock tonight."Brenda said.

"K, love you, see you in an hour or so." I said as we each clicked off.

The trailer that Ricky lived in was inside that of a huge fenced-in storage lot which was located on the outskirts of Seattle. Large R.V.'s , boats and other vehicles, that people paid to store inside the yard, were lined up in dozens of neat rows. Andrea and I drove through the front gate and pulled up and parked next to the trailer house. A relatively late model Harley-Davidson Sportster, painted pink, sat near Ricky's cobbled-up, pan-head chopper, both of which were backed against the trailer house entrance. There was also a pristine nineteen sixty four Chevy Impala with ARIZONA license plates sitting beside the rear of the trailer house , the car's engine well was empty and the hood was now leaned against the trailer house.

"Wow, that's a classic there, that tow truck, Tim." Andrea said.

Ricky's nineteen fifty Chevy, ton and a half, tow truck was parked along the fence, adjacent to the storage yard's entrance. Directly ahead of Andrea and I was man with a metal detector, slowly sweeping the unpaved yard with an intense expression on his face, my brother Ricky. Carrying the bundled kitten with her, Andrea and I then got out of the Nissan and walked over to where Ricky was. Yogi was soon beside us and investigating Andrea and her bundle.

"He's a good guy, Andrea, his name is Yogi and he's just curious." I said.

"How you doing, bud? When did you get that contraption?" I asked in reference to the metal detector.

Ricky had a striking resemblance to a young Peter Frampton, complete with long blonde hair.

"Ricky got all the muscles and all the looks." I said looking at Andrea, I didn't introduce the two.

"Hey Tim."Ricky, said simply, as he looked up briefly and continued sweeping.

"Hey, you made it! Welcome! Come in for coffee, we were just about to eat." Brenda said from behind us.

"Brenda, I'd like you to meet Andrea ..and Stormy girl." I said as Brenda walked up to us.

Brenda was fifty two and had an uncanny resemblance to a young, tattooed Grace Slick. Ricky and Brenda were often the talk among their friends and coworkers in reference to their similar appearances to both that of Peter Frampton and Grace Slick. Their biker lifestyle also seemed to contribute to the mystique of being somewhat lost in a time warp of the late nineteen sixties and early seventies. The ironic part, in Ricky's case, was that his good looks and muscled physique meant nothing to him; he was just "Ricky."

"Hello Andre- awww, so that's the kitty you guys rescued. Come in the trailer now, Andrea, and we'll clean her up and feed her. C'mon Yogi, let Ricky and Tim talk for a bit before we eat." Brenda said.

The ladies and Yogi walked toward the trailer with their bundled kitten while Ricky and I stayed in the yard to talk.

"Find anything with that thing yet, brother?" I asked Ricky.

"Some rusty tools once in a while, Tim." Ricky said as he pushed up his aviator sunglasses, farther onto his nose.

It was as if, for Ricky, that we had seen each other only twenty minutes ago when it had actually been several months. Ricky had very little concept of time.

"Here, you try. Just watch the meter and listen to the squeaks while you sweep back and forth, like this." Ricky said.

I took the device and began slowly sweeping the yard and watched the meter as Ricky had instructed. The unit was fairly heavy and appeared to be a quality piece of equipment.

"What's with the Impala, that's one you just got isn't it?" I asked as I continued sweeping.

"Yeah, got it on a trade with a guy from work. It's had a rear quarter panel put in; she's pretty rough for an Arizona car. Had a seized engine when I got it, I'm building-up a three fifty for it now. I have the car sold, once I put it back together, should have it running soon." Ricky replied.

Ricky sat down on the cement curbing then and watched me sweep with the metal detector without saying anything for several minutes.

"She's really gone now isn't she, Tim?" Ricky asked suddenly.

I leaned the metal detector against the tow truck then and sat down next to Ricky. I put my arm around him and pulled him close.

"...Yeah, she's gone, buddy. She loved you and Brenda, both, Ricky." I said quietly.

Ricky let out a loud rush of air and put his thumb and index finger under his sunglasses and squeezed the bridge of his nose. I pulled him closer and just decided to let him do whatever he needed to. We sat there for about fifteen minutes without saying anything when Yogi walked up to us and began nudging Ricky's arm.

"Time to eat, you guys!" We heard Brenda from the doorway of the trailer.

"C'mon man, the ladies are waiting for us and it's time to eat, brother. C'mon Yogi." I said, hauling Ricky up to his feet and putting my arm around him.

Walking into the trailer we stepped around the engine stand with the rebuilt three fifty perched on its mount and sat down at the table with Andrea and Brenda.

"We cleaned her up in the sink and cut off all of the matted hair. She also ate something and drank quite a bit of water. I think she's feeling better now." Andrea said looking down at Stormy.

The kitten was wrapped in a clean towel and once more in Andrea's lap. Yogi was sitting next to Andrea now and looking at the sleeping kitten with genuine interest.

"Eat-up you guys. Looks like you have a new friend, Yogi." Brenda said.

"You mentioned eight o clock tonight, over the phone, Brenda. What happens then?" I asked.

"We're heading to Portland for a few days, Tim. There's a big swap-meet and poker run we're planning to attend." Brenda replied.

"My compliments to the chef, by the way." I said with a mouth full of steak.

"Thank you, Tim. Ricky, we're going to take the Camry this time, the weather forecast is crap so we're not taking the bikes. I'm not riding in the rain again - deal with it. You also need to shower and shave before we leave and I laid out some clean clothes for you, right now you stink. Tim, I told Andrea that the two of you could sleep in the room down the hall, stay as long as you want; we'll be gone for two or three days. Yogi has food and water already set-up for several days so you needn't worry about him. If you leave, just lock him in the trailer, he has the doggy door for the backyard now. By the way, if you want to leave Stormy here with us that would be fine, Yogi, apparently, would love to adopt her. We have some more steaks in the freezer, help yourself, and Mister Hadley also knows you're here. The cameras are being monitored by the security company and the gate is in automation mode so renters can enter and leave, so you won't be bothered by the gate. The extra pass-card is on the key board. There are a couple of new renters that will be bringing in some vehicles later today or tomorrow, an R.V. and some four wheelers. They've already paid Mister Hadley for six months storage. If someone wants to make a cash payment, call Joan for instructions, her numbers are taped under the phone in the kitchen and the lock-box is under the sink, as you should recall." Brenda rattled off quickly.

"I know the routine, Brenda, but I'd never guess you work in the E R." I said casually.

"Just follow directions, Tim, and you won't have to go there, honey." Brenda replied, smiling at Andrea.

"Yes, ma'am. Would anyone like more coffee?" I asked, getting up.

We all talked and drank coffee for half an hour after our meal. Apparently Ricky and Brenda planned on staying with friends in Portland that were also heading to the swap meet in the morning. In the conversation that followed Andrea told Ricky and Brenda the story of our journey and of finding Stormy in the motel parking lot that morning. After we had cleared the dishes from the table and loaded the dishwasher, Andrea and I also relayed to Brenda and Ricky the road conditions which we had encountered ourselves while driving to Seattle and what they could likely expect headed in the opposite direction that night. Without a word then, Ricky drained his coffee cup, got up from the table and went into the bathroom to take a shower and put on the clean clothes which Brenda had laid out for him. Mom's jewelry box was clearly on the table but I ignored it for now. The final notice for demolition of the neighborhood was also on the table which I glanced briefly at.

"Has he found anything in the yard with his metal detector?" I asked Brenda.

"I bury rusty tools out there sometimes, Tim, when I find them at garage sales. I think he knows it but its part of what we do. Sometimes he finds them." Brenda replied shrugging her shoulder.

"What got him interested in metal detecting?" I asked.

"I dunno, the thing just showed up here one day, just like that car out there. That's what this engine in the living room is out of. All of it keeps him occupied and he makes a few bucks here and there with the stuff. Next week it'll be gone and he'll drag in some other carcass and do the same thing with it, Mister Hadley doesn't seem to mind." Brenda said dismissively.

"Does he still work at the tire shop, sometimes?" I asked Brenda.

"When they're slammed with work, he does. Paul just telephones a half hour ahead of time, then comes and gets Ricky each day and pays him cash under the table, it works out pretty well." Brenda replied.

"I wondered how that worked, in regard with Ricky's government assistance." I said.

"Paul is a good guy, Tim, and he really looks out for Ricky." Brenda said.

At eight fifteen that evening the little Toyota Camry drove out of the storage yard heading south. An hour or so later I went into our bedroom and glanced down at Stormy again. She was asleep and wrapped in a fresh towel next to Yogi on the thick piece of carpeting, which was his, on the floor beside the bed. I crawled into bed, it had been an eventful day and I was tired. A few minutes later Andrea slid beneath the covers with me and we resumed our spooning position once more.

"Mmm, that's not so bad, after all." I said as I pulled Andrea closer to me.

"Yeah, not too bad. You were wrong about one thing today though, Tim." Andrea said.

"What's that?" I asked.

"You said, Ricky got all the muscles and all the looks. That isn't true." Andrea said.

"Thanks, Andrea, that's a nice compliment." I said.

"Thanks for not being a dick, last night, Tim. Storms really do freak me out." Andrea said, rubbing my arm.

"It's all good, baby." I said.

"What's the plan for tomorrow, now?" Andrea asked.

I rolled away from her then and lay on my back, looking up at the darkness.

"Tomorrow we go to the old neighborhood, Stony Brook and Mom's house, and take one last look, Andrea." I said solemnly.

She rolled closer to me a laid her head and right hand on my chest.

"It won't be easy but you'll always regret it, if you don't, Tim. Brenda said that you weren't looking forward to it. Do you still want me to go with you?" Andrea asked.

"Yeah, if you don't mind, I'd like you to come. How's Stormy doing by the way?" I asked.

"She's still making little brown pancakes here and there but her breathing is a lot better and she's been drinking a lot of water. Yogi seems to have a paternal instinct for her." Andrea replied.

"He's always been that way with other stray animals, that's one reason Mom loved him so much. Yogi was Mom's dog." I said.

"Sounds like Brenda would like you to leave Stormy here. She works in the E R, Tim?" Andrea asked.

"Yeah, she works three twelve's and has a four day weekend; she's a tough little cookie, Andrea. I think you're right though; Brenda has a soft heart and loves animals. With Brenda you just have to get past several layers of thick armor to get to her heart, understandable with her job." I said.

"I gathered, she's tough. Does she live here full time, Tim?" Andrea asked.

"No, she has a place in Portland, close to where she works. She just stays here on weekends." I said.

"They're a cute couple and seem to really love each other, Tim." Andrea said.

"It works for them and they've been together longer than my marriage lasted, Andrea Millhouse." I replied.

"Go to sleep and dream, happy dreams, cowboy." Andrea said.

Andrea and I slept-in until eight forty five the next morning whereupon she crawled out of bed and checked on Stormy's overall condition. After cleaning the kitten's rear side with a moist baby-wipe, Andrea held up the tiny cat and pumped several gentle squirts of water into the kitten's mouth with a squirt gun before wrapping Stormy into another fresh towel and laying her on Yogi's mat once more.