Kate and Connor Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
chargergirl
chargergirl
984 Followers

"Thanks!" Kate glanced up at Deb with a smile lighting up her face.

Connor leaned over to peer at the baby. Kate's gaze moved from Deb to him.

"Oh my God, isn't she cute?"

"Yeah, she is," Connor agreed.

Grace was wide awake, staring up at the two faces staring down at her. She giggled and burbled happily as Kate and Connor fussed over her. They didn't notice Debra watching intently.

"Hey, look how happy she is!" Doug observed. "You two are going to make awesome parents someday!"

Connor's face turned dead white and Kate began to blush furiously. Debra gave Doug a sharp dig with her elbow.

"What?" He looked bewildered.

"I think dinner's almost ready!" Deb announced. "Kate, can you give me a hand?"

"Sure. Want to hold her?" And without waiting for an answer she handed Grace to Connor. "Just hold her neck. There you go. You're a natural." She stood and gave him a peck on the cheek. Kate wanted to laugh out loud at the way he was stiff-arming Grace. Grace didn't like it and began to cry.

"Here!" Connor quickly handed off the baby to her father.

"Ten minutes guys!" Deb called from the kitchen.

"Want to go see her a minute?" Doug asked Connor with a knowing grin.

Connor cast a quick, anxious glance into the kitchen.

"Think we have time?"

"If we're quick. C'mon."

Into the garage they went with Grace still in her Dad's arms. Doug snapped on the light and they both stared at the lovely creation before them. Their 1970 Dodge Charger.

The motor was nearly done. It hung on the cherry picker, ready and waiting for it's finishing touches before going in. The body was still a dull shade of grey primer, but Doug would be taking care of that. He was a master auto painter. They'd chosen black with three bold red stripes down the hood and trunk.

"I thought we'd find you out here," Debra scolded playfully.

"Damn, caught red-handed," Connor laughed.

"Let's go guys. Time to eat."

~~~~~~

"Come on over tomorrow, Connor. Let's see if we can get the motor finished," Doug said as Connor and Kate were getting ready to go home.

"Glad we finished the inventory," Connor muttered. It was a grueling job and one he hated immensely. But they'd put in long hours that week and had finished.

Debra put Grace to sleep shortly thereafter, then went to join her husband in the living room. She sat down next to him, unsure of where to start.

"Doug? Can I talk to you?"

"Yeah, babe. Come here." He pulled her into his arms. He sighed a deep, almost melancholy sigh.

"What was that for?" she asked.

"I think I know what's eating at you."

"You do?"

"The kids."

So he'd seen it, too. Debra sagged into him with relief.

"Then I'm not crazy. I noticed it almost right away. Something's changed between those two."

Doug was quiet for a minute, thinking back to the past week, and this past evening. The changes were obvious, even a blind dog would have seen it.

"What do we do, Doug?" Debra asked, beginning to worry.

"I'm not sure there's anything we can do, babe. Just be there for them, I guess. We can't turn our backs on them. Not after everything they've been through.

"No, oh no! We can't. God, Doug, what will they do? How does something like this happen?"

"I don't know, Deb. Partly their past, partly their current circumstances. Hell, they've only had each other the last two years. You just can't help who you fall in love with, I guess.

~~~~~~

"WooHoo! Finally!" Doug cheered as they lowered the motor in. They had it in place, but still hanging on the cherry picker. They'd actually had the motor running an hour ago.

"I need a beer." Connor headed for the little garage refridgerator.

"Get me one, too."

They cracked open the cold ones and sat down in the battered, greasy lawn chairs.

"So Kate's graduation is next Saturday?" Doug asked, taking a swig.

"Yup," Connor grinned. "You guys are coming, right?"

"Wouldn't miss it. Gracie's staying with her Nana and Papa. So it'll just be me and Deb."

"That'll be nice for you two."

"Yeah!" Doug laughed. "Hey, you know, Kate's certainly grown into a beautiful young woman."

"Yeah?" Connor raised his brows, gave Doug a sidelong glance and tipped his beer to his lips.

"Don't you think?"

Connor shrugged.

Goddammit, Doug thought. He's not giving me anything to work with here.

"OK, look Connor, here's the thing. Deb and I have noticed you and Kate have grown exceptionally close lately-"

Connor cut Doug off, his heart slamming in his chest.

"What the fuck-!" he began to rise.

But Doug wouldn't have it. He held up a hand. Connor sat back down.

"Let me finish!" he barked.

Connor nodded, leaning forward, his head in his hands. He knew what was coming.

"We aren't exactly sure what's up with you two and frankly, we know it isn't any of our business. So you can go ahead and tell me to go to hell if you want. But Deb and I want you to know that we're here for you, both of you. For whatever you need." He clasped a hand on Connor's shoulder. Beneath his hand he could feel Connor start to shake. Doug didn't say anything, just let the younger man work through his emotions. Finally, Connor could hold it in no longer. The dam burst and he started to cry.

"I love her. Goddammit, I love her so fucking much!" He impatiently wiped at his eyes.

"She loves you, too." It wasn't a question, but an observation on Doug's part.

"Yeah, she does." Connor smiled.

"This must be hard on you guys."

"We're working through it."

"Is it just lust, or is it something you want to last?"

"It's not lust, Doug." Connor shook his head." I love her. More than my own life."

And Doug knew it was true. It was it Connor's eyes, the vehement, intense way he spoke. This wasn't just a momentary infatuation. This was real.

"You two have chosen a very difficult row to hoe, Connor. But I think you know that. You seem to be going into this with your eyes wide open."

"We are." Connor nodded.

"Then there's just one more thing."

"What's that?"

Doug's voice was low and serious when he spoke.

"For God's sake, don't get her pregnant. What you two decide to do is of your own doing. Don't bring an innocent into it. You have got to be responsible."

"We are. I mean, we will be."

Doug gave him a questioning look.

"She just started her cycle. We, uh, didn't use anything at first. Stupid, I know." He shook his head.

"You dodged a bullet, then. A big one. You both got lucky."

Connor looked at his watch.

"I should go."

"Kate waiting for you?"

"Friday was her last day of school. I told her we'd go do something."

"Connor, I want you to tell her we talked. Tell her Debra and I are here for her, too. I don't want her thinking you both are all alone. You do have someone to turn to."

"I will. Doug?"

"Yeah?"

Connor hesitated. "Nothing. Well, I've been thinking about something, but give me a day or so to chew on it."

"You got it."

Connor passed Debra in the kitchen. She took one look at his ragged appearance and her heart went out to him completely.

"Connor." She went over to him and laid a motherly hand on his cheek. She knew he and Doug had talked. "It's going to be OK."

Connor could only nod. He was afraid if he opened his mouth to speak to her he'd break down again.

~~~~~~

"You've been quiet tonight," Kate said.

They were in her room getting ready for bed. Well, actually she was getting ready for bed. Connor was already there waiting for her, his head still damp from his shower.

They'd gone out for dinner and had a good time. But Connor had indeed been quiet that evening. He had yet to tell her about his conversation with Doug. He really wanted to make love to her, but couldn't, at least not for a few more days.

She crawled in bed next to him and he pulled her close.

"So what's up?"

"I had a talk with Doug today."

"Yeah? He's so nice. So's Deb. You ever notice how he starts off always saying 'hey'?"

"Mmm, I guess."

"So what'd you talk about? The Charger?"

"No. Us." He got right to it.

"What?"

"We talked about us."

"Connor, what about us?" Kate was getting nervous.

So Connor proceeded to tell her everything. And like Connor had done earlier, Kate was crying by the end of it.

"Shh, it's going to be allright, babe."

They were sitting up in bed now and Connor was rocking her in his arms. "Everything's going to be fine. You'll see."

"I can't believe they don't hate us, Con."

"They don't babe. They don't hate us. OK? Shh, stop crying Kate. Please stop." He reached for a Kleenex and mopped at her tears.

"Blow your nose, Katie. You're leaking like a faucet."

Kate did, then threw the soggy thing toward the wastebasket. She missed by several feet.

"Nice shootin', Tex," Connor drawled and rolled his eyes.

"I'd like to see you do some shootin'. With this." Kate pulled Connor's semi-rigid cock out of his boxers. "How's your aim?"

"Maybe you should ask the back of your throat."

"Let's see..."

Kate took Connor to heaven and back with her mouth that night.

~~~~~~

"I've been thinking," Connor began.

"Uh oh."

"No, seriously."

"OK, seriously."

"What would you think of leaving here?"

They were laying on Kate's bed later that evening, just talking. Connor's question caught Kate off guard.

"Leaving? And go where?" She leaned back in his arms to look at him.

He shrugged. "I don't know. Where would you want to go?"

"Anywhere, as long as you're there with me."

"God, I love you."

"I love you, too. Denver."

"What?"

"Denver. I'd go back there."

Connor was quiet for a minute, then spoke carefully.

"You know, don't you, that if we went back to Denver we wouldn't be able to be together?"

"Yeah," Kate sighed quietly. "I know it would never work. How 'bout you?"

"I was thinking of Maine, actually."

It was Kate's turn to be silent. Maine had been the last place their family had all gone together on vacation.

"Don't you think that would be a little too bittersweet?"

"I think Denver would be bittersweet. I only have good memories of Maine."

"Me, too. Can I sleep on it?:

"I'd rather you sleep on me."

"I can certainly accomodate you." Kate laughed and rolled on top of him.

"I love you, Connor," she whispered gently. "I don't care where we go as long as we're together." She fisted her hands and propped her chin on them so she could see him.

"Love you too, babe."

"You really want to leave here?"

"Yeah."

"Me, too."

And that was that. The decision was made.

chargergirl
chargergirl
984 Followers
12
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
4 Comments
bigdaddyg123bigdaddyg123about 3 years ago

"Kate And Connor:" - This story is not quite on par with 'Brett And Elizabeth' and 'Dave And Alicia' but it does have very similar themes--beyond being stories of brother and sister incest and deep, strong romance and love. This story has several spelling errors; the word "tongue" is incorrectly spelled each time it's used (this is the only time I've mentioned any inaccuracies of wording and structure in the ten (10) or so stories of this writer I've thus far read). Writer 'chargergirl' writes so much passion, feelings, integrity, romance and love into her stories. The character dialogue is so real and vivid I feel as if I'm reading the story from above each person as they converse, throughout every situation! I would love to look forward to having hundreds of stories of 'chargergirl' to read, but unfortunately we all have limitations of quantity--this author has no limitations of quality!!

JacktacularJacktacularover 3 years ago
Chapter 2

My compliments this second chapter was a great fallow up

MusedMusedover 16 years ago
Building momentum

Loved the additional characters: antagonist Nick, Doug and Debra the sort of surrogate surrogate parents. I wonder how easy lifting anchor and moving their lives to Maine will actually be. And what of the aunt and uncle? I can't wait to find out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
So sweet and gentle with...

Just the right amount of HOT! I can't wait for Chapter 3. Please don't keep the masses waiting ;-)

Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

Colleen Out of the ashes, brother & sister find romance.in Incest/Taboo
Brett and Elizabeth Ch. 01 Elizabeth turns to her brother for help.in Incest/Taboo
Worth It Connor falls in love with his sister over the holidays.in Incest/Taboo
Sleeping with Ellie Siblings have to deal with their feelings, and their family.in Incest/Taboo
Words on Skin A little sister can't say some things out loud.in Incest/Taboo
More Stories