Kate & Jim

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

That obnoxious loud mouth was a rather large man. Apparently he thought himself a tough guy and a local celebrity. He ran out onto the field and grabbed Jim's team jersey in both hands. Jim nodded and smiled.

Jim put one hand on the idiot's shoulder and clamped down like a vise, squeezing the man's shoulder near the collar bone. In a manner of seconds the loud mouth on his knees in excruciating pain, and seconds after, with a broken collar bone as Jim continued to apply pressure.

Katherine unconsciously put her arms up covering her breasts and holding the towel in place remembering how easily Jim handled that obnoxious fool, thinking, 'Not that Jim would hurt me but...?'

Jim took both Katherine's hands and put them behind her back holding Katherine's little hands in his huge left one. Katherine was almost breathless as he held her close to him. She could feel his hard cock pressed up against her. It felt anything but tiny as he leaned in to kiss her lips....Jim was giving Katherine hot flashes and she could feel her face flush.

"Your eyes are as green as emeralds, Katherine. I'm sure I never mentioned before how beautiful I think your eyes are.

They were beautiful when you moved into the neighborhood and they are stunning now; especially looking into them while holding you close like this.

Your beautiful eyes compliment your freckles, a sparkling bouquet of tiny red rubies sprinkled on your creamy white skin," Jim kissed Katherine's lips a second time as he caressed the soft hair at the nape of her neck.

"I have laid out new clothes for you on the bed. Happy Birthday, Katherine and many more. If you like, I will take you shopping after breakfast."

Jim let go of Katherine's hands and took her hair down arranging it around her neck, shoulders and back. Katherine's hands went back to hold the towel in place.

Jim left her standing there, befuddled, beguiled and bemused.

**********************************

Kate stood in place staring for a moment at the closed door thinking, 'Jim has never come into my bedroom before without knocking or asking permission,' she then realized how tightly she was holding her towel.

'He did it to me again....damn Jim,' but she was smiling and tingling all over, 'That charming troll has me all flustered and tingly again. Just when I thought I had figured Jim out, he changes tactics on me.

The only thing between Jim and I is this towel...but new clothes? How could Jim possibly know I was going to ask to go shopping for clothes....what did he buy for me?'

Kate walked over to the bed and picked up the dark green lace dress laid out for her not failing to notice what was underneath.

'This dress is lovely. It has a v-neck and an invisible back zip with an eye and a hook. It has an empire waist and the ¾ length sleeves I prefer; how could Jim possibly know? Somebody must have coached him what to buy, but whom?

We will see if he chose this outfit on his own without help when we go shopping.'

Kate opened the door of her mostly empty wardrobe and held up the lace dress in front as she looked into the full length mirror mounted on the inside of the door.

'Perfect, it comes down almost to my knees.'

Next Kate picked up a luxurious silk undergarment, 'and look, a pale sea green silk camisole with matching silk panties,' she rubbed it on her neck and face, 'a sparkling bouquet of tiny red rubies sprinkled about my creamy white skin; what a unique way to describe freckles. Or these silk panties undergarments next to my creamy white skin. The ex never gave me undergarments like these, he lacked the imagination. He always wanted me to dress cheap and slutty.'

Kate dressed and redid her coppery hair up into an elegant French twist for Jim before lightly applying what was left of her makeup, another thing she would have to purchase with the spending money she saved over the months.

Kate found Jim waiting for her in the garage. He had put on a brown tweed sport coat. Jim's back was to her. He was looking at what appeared to be a red leather bound photo album or scrap book.

"I didn't hear you come in Katherine," Jim said as he closed it, putting it into the small oak chest on the car's back seat. Jim closed and locked the car door turning to her.

"You look lovely Katherine, lovely and elegant. Shall we go?"

**************************************

'It is so nice to be out to in public with a man,' Katherine thought as she passed her plate with the remainder of her charbroiled 20 ounce t-bone steak (half of it) to Jim, smiling at his appetite, 'I have no idea where he puts it all?' she thought, looking around the small but packed restaurant and thinking about the many things she wanted to buy.

'What in the world am I going to get Jim for his birthday? We didn't talk about exchanging gifts. I don't know anything about tools and...' Jim pushed his plate away and sighed, interrupting her thoughts as he touched her hand.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Do we have time for me to get my hair trimmed?"

"We have all the time in the world, at least until nine o'clock. It is your birthday Katherine, anything you want until then."

" It is your birthday too, Jim."

"Yes, but I have almost everything I want. I'm just a simple man."

"You're not fooling me Jim Brady. You are anything but. I live with you, remember?"

"Alright, then, I'm a mostly content man."

"I'm trying to be serious. I have no idea what to get you for your birthday."

"Do you realize that statistically only 1% or 2% of all the people in the world have red hair and green eyes, beautiful Katherine?" Jim said, making her smile

"Don't change the subject. What do you want for your birthday?"

"A bottle of cologne or a tie perhaps."

"You don't even own a tie, or a proper suit for that matter. As far as I know you don't wear cologne. There is not a bottle in the house, not even aftershave. You use Witch Hazel after you shave."

"That's true but in case you haven't noticed, I don't have much of a neck. I have nobody to wear cologne for."

"What kind of cologne."

"I don't know, you pick one for me and I'll wear it."

"You are just being difficult."

"Give me your hands, Katherine," and when she did Jim held her little hands in his big ones, "now I'm being serious. The house has never been as clean and you would make my mother jealous if she were alive to see it. Especially because you make it look so easy.

My laundry is done, my shirts are ironed, all my clothes are on hangers or neatly fold and organized in the drawers. You have everything in the house organized. You have labeled and cross referenced everything; including the expiration date when applicable.

I appreciate the things that you do for me, including little thoughtful touches that go along with them.

You have surpassed my mother's cooking. Your cooking is fabulous. I never eat the same thing twice in a week.

My Mom had her signature dishes, but not as many as you. Take your mango and pineapple chicken for example, or any of your spicy chicken dishes let alone your basic fried chicken with sides of biscuits, gravy and coleslaw.

Don't forget your soups and magnificent flavorful broths that stand on their own. I love all your soups even the ones that are meant to be served cold. They are cool and refreshing during the hot summer months.

Just the thought of your lamb stew with the little pearl onions makes my mouth water. But what are all those meals without a properly set table of china and crystal and such.....a delight to my eyes, although not as much as you are."

Jim squeezed Katherine's hands gently meaning every word. Having lived with him, Katherine didn't doubt a word he said now.

At that moment Kate remembered something that her grandmother always said, "Handsome is as handsome does, Katherine", and she was thinking, 'Grandma you are so right.'

"You can't put a monetary value on those things Katherine for they are priceless."

***********************************

Katherine managed to get the last hair appointment of the day at 5:00 PM which gave them plenty of time for clothes shopping.

They went from store to store, making tentative selections and stopping twice for coffee while Katherine quizzed him. She asked Jim about this and that; does this go with this or that; color patterns, everything and she was pleasantly surprised that her junk man had an eye for such things.

Even the salesgirls noticed this and Kate was thinking, 'Jim chose my birthday presents on his own and for the most part likes conservative but feminine with a splash of color, provided it matches my hair and skin tone....even the salesgirls were impressed.

Jim took everything into account, including my figure. He made suggestions that I was already thinking about....it's almost scary.

My asshole husband liked flashy and trashy. He always wanted me to dress like a slutty nineteen year old in public.

Granted I have the figure for it but that's not me. I'm not trailer trash....that asshole can go to hell.'

********************************

They were in Jim's big Grand Marquis station wagon on the way to get her haircut, "Jim, do you think I should cut my hair short?"

"Absolutely not."

"What if I get it layered."

"Again the answer is no."

"You said it was my birthday and I could do anything I wanted, until 9:00 PM so why not?"

"Because of the shape and bone structure of your face and the fact that you have a long graceful neck and small dainty ears.

The fact that you are tall and trim but curvy in all the right places. I have heard you sing, Katherine. You are good enough to be on the stage, that, and my preference is for women with long hair."

"What about...wait, what do you mean you heard me sing?"

"I'll get to that in a minute. You can put your beautiful coppery hair up in any style of bun or French twist as it is now and really pull it off nicely. On you it will never look severe but only accentuates your classic features. Most women can't do that. In my opinion you look stunning with your hair up. "

Katherine was thinking, 'that's exactly what my stylist Susan Banner says about my bone structure. Susan wants me to grow it longer....he said small dainty ears,' and she touched one smiling.

"On you it is a timeless look, especially with the clothing you chose to wear. You have sophisticated tastes in clothing, Katherine.

I just can't imagine you wearing anything tasteless or trashy. Don't take this the wrong way, but I used to think of you as a well dressed sophisticated bitch."

"What about now? Since I've been working for you, do you still think I'm a bitch?"

"Other than that one time in the garage.... that's a good question. We have gotten comfortable with one another, I suppose.

We seem to get along. I certainly haven't been burned recently by your acid tongue."

"That's because you won't tolerate it. I'm sorry I said those things to you, Jim."

"I'm sorry I talked the way I did to you Kate."

"You didn't answer about the layers."

"Layers cut into your hair would limit how you can style it."

"Would you like to see my hair longer?"

"Yes."

"OK, I'll take it under advisement. How do I look with my hair down?"

"You look sexy as hell. Especially first thing in the morning when the sunlight is coming through the kitchen windows and illuminates your hair.

Your hair is tousled from sleep but shines like a new penny when the sun is on it. That is why I am always up before you in the morning with the coffee ready, so I can watch you make our breakfast."

"You are just full of compliments today," she said while considering reaching over and squeezing his hand, "do you really think I have a nice voice? I like to sing when I'm alone.

When did you hear me sing?"

"The first time was by chance two weeks ago. Jeff called in sick and I was driving by the house with the tow truck. The truck is pretty much on its last legs and we have been nursing it along.

I didn't want any fluids from the wrecked car leaking in the concrete driveway so I parked in the street. I was hungry and was going to make myself some sandwiches.

You were upstairs cleaning. I sat on the staircase to listen. You were singing songs from the "Sound of Music" of all things. (At the time Jim was singing quietly along with her and was absolutely delighted. He forgot all about being hungry)

"You obviously were enjoying yourself. Who were you dancing with when you sang "I am sixteen going on seventeen?"

"I love all the old musicals, "The Sound of Music", "West Side Story" or "South Pacific" and the newer ones like "Grease", Katherine answered as they pulled into the driveway and parked by the farm house where Susan Banner had her little Beauty Salon.

"I tried out for the part of Maria the last year I attended High School but..... But things didn't work out," she added softly. Kate got the part but dropped out of the play when her Mother died.

"Who were you pretending to dance with?"

"I'm going to be late for my appointment," Katherine said, embarrassed and trying to get out of the station wagon.

Jim reached across and grabbed the door handle. Knowing it a lost cause to try and force it open Katherine asked, "You promise you won't tell anybody?"

"I promise, cross my heart and hope to die," Jim replied making the motion with his right hand."

"I was dancing with the new corn broom," Katherine answered reluctantly.'

Jim was thinking, 'I was hoping Kate would say she was pretending to dance with me, oh well.'

"It will be our secret. When we get home you can sing "I'm going to wash that man right out of my hair from South Pacific".

"Now you are teasing me," Katherine said smiling and squeezing his hand, "you don't think dancing with the broom was silly?"

"I think it was wonderfully spontaneous and delightful. Fred Astaire danced with a hat rack and that was a great movie."

"In that case perhaps I will since it's your birthday too."

**************************

As they entered the small salon together, Susan Banner, an older lady in her early sixties, stood up from her chair. Susan placed her hands on her hips and she was frowning. Katherine quietly whispered to Jim "I'm going to get an ear full any second now."

"Katherine, why didn't you call me about your fire? It is bad enough I had to find out about it second hand. But then you plead guilty to a crime you didn't commit. I don't believe you would ever do such a thing.

I'm your friend Katherine. You have been coming to me since you moved here from Florida. Why didn't you ask me for help? My brother could have found you a better lawyer then the fool you hired."

"I was ashamed and embarrassed, Susan. "

"Ashamed of what?"

"Ashamed of what you would think of me."

"I think you are innocent. I think you are stubborn. I think you are prideful. I think you remind me of me at your age. I think you should have left that bum the first time he cheated on you five years ago. Come here and give me a hug, honey. We need to talk."

Much to Jim's surprise, Katherine took the scolding. It was if this woman, Susan Banner was her mother."

"I'll just wait outside, ladies," but they didn't hear him. Katherine started to cry as Susan hugged her. Any minute they might both be crying so it was time to leave; exit stage left.

Jim quietly slipped out the door to wait in the car. He could always recline the seat and take a nap. Jim had a knack for being able to fall asleep at the drop of a hat

*************************************

"Jim, wake up," Katherine said touching his face, "Susan wants to meet you."

"What time is it?" Jim asked.

"It's almost seven and Susan has vanilla pound cake and coffee. There is a whole pound cake just for you."

"Just for me? Now you are talking. Did you have a nice talk with Susan?"

"Yes, do you like my hair?"

"Yes, you didn't cut it short and now you are a curly top."

"Exactly, Susan did a light dusting only cutting off an eighth of an inch and curled it with a curling iron."

Jim got out of the station wagon and took Katherine's arm in his, "Let's not keep the dear lady with the pound cake waiting."

***********************************************

Katherine had never been to O'Brian's Pub before and didn't quite know what to expect. O'Brian's Pub was originally a working man's bar. His son, Patrick, took over when old man Clancy O'Brian died.

Patrick expanded the business to serve food. It's simple menu included a variety of sandwiches and the soup of the day.

Once a month, O'Brian's would feature one of the local Irish bands on the weekends. Patrick O'Brian and Jim were school chums since kindergarten and shared the same birthday.

Red, white and blue Americans to the bone, they could nonetheless put on a brogue that could fool most to think they were from the old Sod and keep it up all night despite copious helpings of Irish whiskey.

Because it was their birthday, some of the regular patrons had complimentary chits for free drinks and sandwiches that would be served. It was a private party after nine.

The birthday festivities at O'Brian's became a local tradition and like the St. Patrick's Day parade the place was always packed and extra help was hired.

It was Jim and Patrick's night to party and Katherine knew none of this when a very striking man met them at the door.

Patrick O'Brian is as handsome as Katherine is beautiful. Patrick is slim and tall with a full head of black hair and blue eyes; he almost took Katherine's breath away when he shook her hand during the introductions.

"Pat, this is Katherine Mavis Ryan, and she is my date for the evening. It's her birthday as well. Katherine, this is Patrick John O'Brian the owner of this dubious establishment."

"I'm very pleased to meet you, Patrick."

"And I you, Katherine. Did you know that you are the first lady that Jim has ever brought here? You must be a very special lady indeed."

"Thank you, and no I didn't."

"Jim tells me that you sing like an angel."

"Did he?"

"Yes he did," Patrick said handing Katherine her menu, "the band is running late so why don't you two sit down for a bite until then. I'll put a rush on it. When they get here it is going to be a very busy night."

"We will need another menu unless you want to share mine," Katherine remarked as Jim pulled her chair out for Kate to sit down. He then sat across from her.

"I don't need a menu, I'll be having my usual, curly top," Jim replied.

Patrick returned a short time later wearing a brown bowler (derby). He put Jim's double shot of Tullamore Dew on the table and then tossed another bowler to Jim.

Katherine watched as Jim caught it in his right hand and somehow manipulated the bowler in such a way to have it spin on its brim rolling it neatly onto his head and patting the top. Patrick and Jim removed their bowlers, tossed them into the air repeating the trick for her.

Jim took a sip of whiskey and sighed before speaking in a thick brogue, "Do you know the difference between an Irish wedding and an Irish funeral, darling?" Katherine smiled and shook her head, "one less drunk," Jim replied, tossing his derby into the air and catching it smartly. He did a different vaudeville trick with the bowler before rolling it smartly onto his head and patting the top."

Jim held up both hands displaying his palms for Katherine to see and said, "Me thinks ye have something behind your ear, darling," and with that Jim reached forward pushing Katherine's red curls out of the way and made it look like there was a Benjamin Franklin Half dollar behind her ear.

Jim then flipped the fifty cent piece into the air making it spin end on end before catching it. He manipulated the coin with his hands. When Jim opened them the coin was still there. Frowning Jim then turned his bowler sideways and manipulated his hands again; this time Jim made the coin disappear.