Kayley Goes Shopping Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm bi, so I get it." But this wasn't about her. "So, did you go out or anything? Or you just wanted to."

Amanda's features tightened as she debated her response. To hell with it. "I wanted to, and she seemed like she might want to. Maybe she..." She shook her head quickly to shake the fog loose. "She doesn't, does she?" Tears threatened to roll and she looked up at the sky, "God, I'm so fucking stupid. She looks at me and I just...want. I can't help it."

"Nothing wrong with that. It's a biological response. She presses your buttons just being there. She knew it. Between that and her 'Let's be BFFs' thing, it's easy to see how you got played."

"God, is that supposed to make me feel better, too?"

"It should," Kayley answered firmly. "Because some of what happened to you was your body fucking with you. You weren't stupid, you just want. You want sex. You want love. It's how we're built."

"You make it sound like we're machines."

"We kind of are. You know, you're lucky my mom's not here. She could spend days lecturing you about that from the quantum level on up. So can I, as a matter of fact, but I think I look up from my work more than she does."

"Well, I wish there was an off switch for the awful I feel right now." She pictured all the ways tonight could go, from more horrible stunts at her expense, to Constance actually being sorry. God, how she wanted Constance to actually be sorry. Maybe she was. Maybe it really was just how they were with each other. Maybe they really liked her.

Then the captions for the pictures they posted came to mind again and she slid her hand back under her glasses to wipe away the tears that were already appearing. "I'm not going to that party," she said to herself aloud, trying to strengthen her own resolve with the words. "I totally can't go to that party."

It all started roiling through her soul again, and, while she didn't know if she could actually physically run away from it, it was worth a shot. "Look, I've gotta get to class, so I'm gonna go."

"I understand." Kayley looked her over critically, her dark eyes seeming to scan deeply somehow. "You're going to be okay. Okay?"

"I hope so. Maybe. Eventually." She turned almost shy, "Thanks for, you know, coming over and caring for a few minutes."

"You're welcome, Amanda. And you really will be okay. Face it, get through it, and don't let them see you cry. Things work out like they're supposed to."

Amanda smiled thinly and gave a little wave of her hand as she headed off towards the science building.

When she was long gone, Kayley took her phone from her pocket and unlocked it with a swipe of her thumb across the DNA scanner. A few taps later she put it to her ear as she began walking casually down the sidewalk once again, looking up and admiring the way the sunlight almost playfully made its way through the leaves of the trees.

"Hello, baby."

A warm wave rushed from her heart when she heard Lyssa's voice that never ceased to make her feel alive. Biological imperative or not, she understood Amanda's ache to be loved by the one you want.

"Hello, hotness."

Lyssa laughed and that voice purred without trying, "I gotta be me. What are you up to?"

"Just taking a walk on campus."

"Not teaching a class?"

She groaned at the joke. "Do you think any of them would get what I could teach?"

"Mmmm...one or two. C'mon, as much as you'd despise how much you'd have to dumb things down, you'd love finding that one or two."

"Maybe."

"Anyway, having fun?"

"Not yet. But I walked around, met a few people, and let's just say that the evening has potential."

"Oooooooo, do tell."

"Wanna go to a party?"

To Be Continued...

12